The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

+38
Tramptastic
RDW
BigGee
tigertattie
George Carlin
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
Eejit
EWT Spoons
Hazel Sapling
21st Century Schizoid Man
Cambo
EST
des
TJ
VinceWLB
Welly
NeilyBroon
Majestic83
munkian
MacKnocked-on
Geordie
demosthenes
Scottrf
furra_linee
LordDowlais
RuggerRadge2611
A Simply Mesmeric Try
BamBam
highland_scot
IanBru
reallybored
nickj
lostinwales
tatterd
LondonTiger
R!skysports
42 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 21 Empty The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by R!skysports Wed 03 Jan 2018, 10:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Bicker away......

A nice video to start with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9dwHAfy_M

Glasgow Warriors are one of the two professional rugby union sides from Scotland. The team plays in the Pro14 league and in the European Professional Club Rugby tournaments. In the 2014-15 season they won the Pro12 title and became the first Scottish team to win a major trophy in rugby union's professional era. #theyrock

Edinburgh Rugby (formerly Edinburgh Reivers, Edinburgh Gunners and a real rugby team) is one of the two professional rugby teams from Scotland, although hard to determine if they play rugby. The club competes dances in the Pro14, along with Glasgow Warriors, its oldest rival. Since January 2017, Edinburgh plays most of its home games at Myreside Stadium with selected matches at BT Murrayfield.

kiss

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 21 Davefr10

Last edited by R!skysports on Fri 05 Jan 2018, 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 21 Empty Re: The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by jimbopip Thu 31 May 2018, 5:01 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Without turning this into a discussion Gok Wan would feel comfortable contributing to,

Yes, you don't want to get too testosterone fuelled, do you. Remember boys, Always, Luvvies Always.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 21 Empty Re: The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by RDW Thu 31 May 2018, 6:04 pm

In more popular news Edinburgh have confirmed tickets will now be £15 for adults

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 31 May 2018, 9:25 pm

Saw last week Cockers was being linked to La Rochelle (Much to Toulon fans dismay) but they have more of a chance at getting Hansen just before the RWC than Cockers currently I feel, seems he is wanting to completely rebuild Edinburgh into a completely different set-up.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 31 May 2018, 11:07 pm

Its a good and different challenge for Cockers at Edinburgh - building a team on pennies not billions. He seems to be enjoying it and has IIRC signed a contract extension

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:03 am

A few points from the various interview this morning with John Petrie:

- We're not signing a replacement for Barclay despite his long term injury
- All recruitment is done, with Edinburgh still to announce a couple more signings
- He refused to answer fully about signing one of the Glasgow 9s. That probably means there's something in it - if it was total rubbish he would have said so!

Petrie said Barclay’s injury hadn’t prompted a rethink in terms of recruitment. “We have a really good crop of back-row talent and we’ll be continuing to work with that group over the next wee while and bring John back to the point where he is playing a big impact,” he said. “We actually got most of our recruitment done pretty early.
We did a really good job in retaining players and bringing in the ones we wanted. So while we may have one or two bits left to announce, everything is done in the background and there is not anything particularly major we are planning.” Petrie wouldn’t be drawn on the possibility, floated publicly by Cockerill, that Edinburgh could take one of Glasgow’s scrum-halves – Ali Price, Henry Pyrgos or George Horne – which was given a frosty response by Warriors coach Dave Rennie. “That’s something Cockers has spoken about, it’s not something I’m going to talk about today,” said Petrie. “We are not in any particularly live discussion around that at the moment, and it’s not something I am particularly pushing at this point.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/guinness-pro14/decision-to-rebrand-edinburgh-s-rugby-team-not-taken-lightly-1-4748135

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:45 am

hmm, I would have taken from the last line that there is nothing in it. Just how he says it's not something he's pushing.

who know's though, wonder who the last one or two are left to announce

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:27 am

Yeah he says it's not something he's going to talk about then proceeds to talk about it!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 01 Jun 2018, 3:28 pm

Are any of the posters on here dragging themselves over to the 7's at Twickers tomorrow?

I've just come into two tickets so myself and young Pipetto will be heading over. Mind you I can see Fiji and the All Blacks murdering us.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 01 Jun 2018, 4:35 pm

Any news of a ten for Edinburgh?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jun 2018, 4:53 pm

We've signed Simon Hickey, have VDW,, Socino can play there plus a few youngsters.

There's not going to be any more 10s!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 01 Jun 2018, 5:22 pm

Ta

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 01 Jun 2018, 6:13 pm

I se the match day pricing and season tickets is out for both clubs, with Glasgow being noticeably more expensive now.

They have also announced that Silver Saturday will continue, thus giving Edinburgh an extra home game again (the SRU are selling it as being neutral!).

The concept of SS was good as were the crowds, so I get why they want to carry on with it. It may need a bit of tweaking though, maybe a slightly earlier ko, as it seemed the Warriors fans struggled to get home after the match.

It does seem a little unfair though to continuously give Edinburgh an extra home advantage each year, not just in terms of the cup but in terms of the league as well and you wonder what the Pro 14 might make of this.

Also quite predictably, the Glasgow warriors forum has gone into meltdown about this, with threats of boycotts and season tickets not being renewed, though I doubt that forum is reflective of GW fans in general.

Not sure what is the way around this as an end of season finale is a good idea and from a financial perspective it only makes sense to play this at Murrayfield.

This one will rumble on I suspect!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 01 Jun 2018, 6:43 pm

Everyone having a whinge about the new brand and colours. I quite like it.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jun 2018, 7:02 pm

I'm with you Radge - I really don't care about the brand change and kind of like it.

On silver Saturday, I can sympathise with the weegies moaning given they can't buy an 1872 win just now! It's really not ideal that Glasgow fans have to travel through but as you say hopefully they can bring the ko time earlier. At least next season the game technically will be neutral given Edinburgh should be in their new home.

On that point I really hope it is left to be our new home and we don't keep getting shifted back to Murrayfield for European games and the like. I'd love to see the first 1872 leg at a sold out stadium but I suspect that will be moved to Murrayfield.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 01 Jun 2018, 8:29 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I'm with you Radge - I really don't care about the brand change and kind of like it.

On silver Saturday, I can sympathise with the weegies moaning given they can't buy an 1872 win just now! It's really not ideal that Glasgow fans have to travel through but as you say hopefully they can bring the ko time earlier. At least next season the game technically will be neutral given Edinburgh should be in their new home.

On that point I really hope it is left to be our new home and we don't keep getting shifted back to Murrayfield for European games and the like. I'd love to see the first 1872 leg at a sold out stadium but I suspect that will be moved to Murrayfield.

Next season, nothing changes, the new ground won't be ready until the following season, so not technically neutral.

There is also not a chance that the 1872 cup games won't be played in Murrayfield. 25,000 into 7,000 just does not go! There is no way that they should restrict the entry to that game when they can get a crowd like that, similarly if they did get a euro run going and could produce a big crowd, then that is not going to get turned down.

There is a market for rugby in Edinburgh, it has just never been tapped into

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Jun 2018, 8:34 pm

By next I meant 2019! The current season is over...

I know there's a very slim chance, but until the season gone there was one game at Murrayfield and one in Glasgow, and now there's one at Murrayfield, one in Glasgow and a 3rd game so technically they could have the same income with one game at mini Murrayfield! 

Looking on social media the biggest annoyance is Glasgow hiking up season tickets again.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:01 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:By next I meant 2019! The current season is over...

I know there's a very slim chance, but until the season gone there was one game at Murrayfield and one in Glasgow, and now there's one at Murrayfield, one in Glasgow and a 3rd game so technically they could have the same income with one game at mini Murrayfield! 

Looking on social media the biggest annoyance is Glasgow hiking up season tickets again.

Yeah but if not going to take the crowd and play in Murrayfield, then may as well rotate with Scotstoun, as was the original plan. It is only the prospect of a big crowd associated with SS and the revenue that puts into Scottish rugby (and I am not necessarily against that) that justifies it. Mini Murrayfield does not come into the equation.

Glasgow season tickets are actually much the same price, it is just that they are getting less for them with only 10 home games plus euro games. Not even any freebies for SS this time. The difference in price with Edinburgh has also been noted.

Reality is though, with a space limited stadium of 7,000 you can (and will gradually ramp up season and general ticket prices). Edinburgh fans take note.

Rugby does however remain very good value compared to the round ball game. If I lived in Glasgow, I would surely be buying one, for now though, I have to just remain a Warrior Nation member, which will also go up this year for new members.

You just have to go on supporting your team and if they do well, be sure it will cost you more!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 02 Jun 2018, 7:19 am

Well, morning amigos. those of you who have ever tried to waken a teenage boy before lunchtime will know what a thankless task that can be. steam

At 06:40 hundred hours am o'clock this morning I was awake and just about to drag my weary carcass from the marital mattress when MrsPip said, "What's that noise from downstairs?". Looking over the bannister I was greeted by young Pipetto dressed, in his Scotland shirt no less, and smiling Shocked
"Come on dad, we're going to the sevens today."
I was, momentarily, speechless.

Braveheart Braveheart  Braveheart  Braveheart  as they say.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 9:02 am

Enjoy the day Jimbo - alas I can't see us making it 3 in a row but should be a grand occasion!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 02 Jun 2018, 10:57 am

jimbopip wrote:Well, morning amigos. those of you who have ever tried to waken a teenage boy before lunchtime will know what a thankless task that can be. steam

At 06:40 hundred hours am o'clock this morning I was awake and just about to drag my weary carcass from the marital mattress when MrsPip said, "What's that noise from downstairs?". Looking over the bannister I was greeted by young Pipetto dressed, in his Scotland shirt no less, and smiling Shocked
"Come on dad, we're going to the sevens today."
I was, momentarily, speechless.

Braveheart Braveheart  Braveheart  Braveheart  as they say.
Excellent story there Jimbo. Fingers crossed for a good Scotland performance today. I've bought a 24 hour NowTV pass and I plan on developing a permanent arse-groove in this couch today moving only to refill my cheap knockoff Scotland Rugby coffee mug.

All blacks Scotland kicking off now. INTAE EM.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:00 am

What sky channel is it on? Can't find it.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:02 am

Sky Sports Mix whatever the hell that is.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:04 am

Found it thanks

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:05 am

Great try

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:13 am

Never a deliberate knock on

We didn't help ourselves with the simple knock on though

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:14 am

Bugger.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:15 am

Exhibition stuff now. That Rayasi chap is enormous.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 2:27 pm

Fiji next with their Toulon stars - could be a long 14 minutes!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 2:33 pm

Ffs another soft yellow. Yellow card for not giving the ball back immediately!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 2:38 pm

I think Fiji have scored from every restart

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 2:46 pm

Scotland pumped by a Fijian masterclass! Made too many mistakes again and couldn't win a restart all game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 02 Jun 2018, 5:54 pm

Pipetto and I had excellent seats: the teams were sitting all around us. For the Scotland Fiji game one of the Samoan players sat next to Pipetto, made his day. (Pipetto's ). After Fiji's first try I turned to the Samoan fella and gave him a look and gestured as if to say "How did he do that?". He shook his head and shrugged and looked as awestruck as the rest of us.
Spain won their opening match and then, en masse, walked up the stairs and sat with a very noisy bunch of Spanish fans just behind us.
All in all a great day, though being alcohol free at rugby is not something I want to get used to.

Last edited by jimbopip on Sun 03 Jun 2018, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 6:41 pm

Sounds great Jimbo - you not drinking due to those pills to clear up that rash again? drumroll

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 02 Jun 2018, 6:56 pm

Just watched the Argentina game - mistakes and restarts our biggest downfall again. We must have lost 6 or 7 tries straight from kick offs (the Scottish curse) today!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 02 Jun 2018, 7:32 pm

We were well beaten three times today - just not good enough.

Hopefully watching Stern Vern's team of genetically enhanced cylons give Castres a good old fashioned man-shaming will cheer me up.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 02 Jun 2018, 8:48 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Sounds great Jimbo - you not drinking due to those pills to clear up that rash again? drumroll

No, no, no! The "laundry rash" was an allergic reaction to a strong bleach MrsPip accidentally poured in while boiling my skiddies. warning

No the non-drinking and not eating: or as Dr Dan put it, "Eat anything you like as long as it's not spicy...or rich...or creamy...or oily ...or fatty" is a result of my gall bladder telling the rest of me to go take a flying fecc to itself. Hopefully the operation, whenever the NHS decide to get round to it, will sort things out.

Two other snippets from Twickers.

Fiji v Argentina: Argentina scored, kicked restart high and hanging, Fijian 4 (looked like a second row in old money) jumped about 12 foot in the air, caught the ball, landed in his own half and slalomed through the defence to score under the posts. Shocked

Also, the stand out players IMHO for USA and Canada were "Fat Tony" Folau and Connor Braid both Scotstoun alumni.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 03 Jun 2018, 10:42 am

Scotland lose to Russia (the bottom team in the world series) to lose the best of the worst QF.

I know we had a group of death yesterday but it really has been an awful tournament - we've really not played well.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 03 Jun 2018, 11:09 am

Jamie farndale was a real standout though scoring a few long distance run ins. It's a real shame we've not seen him given a good go in 15s - he's powerful with incredible straight line speed. Quite George North-esque in running style.

From memory he had a bad injury early in his career and 7s was his only option when he came back. He's certainly a top class 7s player but he could have been much more!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 03 Jun 2018, 11:55 am

Glasgow fans haven't reacted well to the timing of Glasgow trying to have some fun on the build up to the football world cup given the outage caused by season ticket-gate...

https://twitter.com/GlasgowWarriors/status/1003219142344892416?s=19

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sun 03 Jun 2018, 4:21 pm

Scotland getting pummelled again, this time by Samoa. We are offensively Poopie this tournament.

Noticed the twitter meltdown earlier. I don’t live in Glasgow anymore but I always thought the season tickets were relatively good value for money given what I’ve paid in the past at London Scottish and Sarries.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 03 Jun 2018, 4:53 pm

That was definitely a game to far for Scotland, they looked out on their feet and got a hammering.

The sevens have not really clicked this year, a bit of a changing of the guard I guess but some of the players don't really look good enough. Maybe some of the talented youngsters can be put into that pathway next season, I don't think Riddell or Big Joe have got a lot of time left either, there will be a few vacancies soon.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 04 Jun 2018, 8:25 am

We could do with another ongoing banter thread very soon - who hasn't done one yet?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:23 am

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21