The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers

+10
Fluxy
Trebs
Take a boo
BamBam
Renege
$ka
Dolphin Ziggler
Azzy
Marky
Hero
14 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers - Page 3 Empty Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers

Post by Afro Tue 13 Nov 2018, 8:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Use this page to talk about matches played.

Spoiler alert - posts on this page may give away results, so if you don't want to know, then don't read it!!

Last edited by Afro on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 23 Nov 2018, 11:43 pm

Azzy wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I GOT A POINT
For doing nothing too, that was the easiest game we've had this season, but our profligacy in front of goal cost us Crying or Very sad

Nonsense. The only difference in the game was your players shot and mine whipped in crosses

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers

Post by Azzy Sat 24 Nov 2018, 8:35 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Azzy wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I GOT A POINT
For doing nothing too, that was the easiest game we've had this season, but our profligacy in front of goal cost us Crying or Very sad

Nonsense. The only difference in the game was your players shot and mine whipped in crosses
My LM Brennan Dickenson put in more crosses than he has all season, I'll have you know boxing

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Sat 24 Nov 2018, 3:44 pm

Not sure about there being less goals, Forest Green were all rated 70 too!

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sat 24 Nov 2018, 3:55 pm

Shows it’s not all about the FIFA rating. It’s about individual stats and fitting to your tactics.

Some FIFA ratings are misleading IMO
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Sat 24 Nov 2018, 4:03 pm

Afro wrote:Shows it’s not all about the FIFA rating. It’s about individual stats and fitting to your tactics.

Some FIFA ratings are misleading IMO

100% agree. I have brought players with no potential increase because it fits the style I want.

So glad to get a win on the board. The vultures were circling

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Mon 26 Nov 2018, 7:59 am

Good to get another solid win on board 

I’ve tried to go for the best of both if that’s a thing.... squad and subs seem to play a bigger part than I thought. All my subs were made by the 62 min mark Rolling Eyes No idea how or if I’ll change tactics for different people yet either

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Mon 26 Nov 2018, 8:35 am

Well my game certainly didn't go as I'd planned Laugh

Think a new keeper is definitely on the shopping list and will use the cup game to mix up my tactics, getting the first goal certainly seems key

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:15 am

Going to do the same with the cup, use it to experiment a bit.

Not sure whether to change formations, but certainly going to try and few left-field selections where I think players should work out of position, but won't know until its tried!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:19 am

Afro wrote:Going to do the same with the cup, use it to experiment a bit.

Not sure whether to change formations, but certainly going to try and few left-field selections where I think players should work out of position, but won't know until its tried!

Futwiz shows you a player's rating in different positions, if that helps. I've been playing CDM's at CB because they have the same rating in both positions.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Mon 26 Nov 2018, 10:41 am

I’ve been playing a few players not in their main position based on stats and also what it says for each position like Marky says.Got my lb at cb, lb at lm, cm at rm and lw up top!

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 26 Nov 2018, 10:45 am

Whereas I play my players in the positions they normally play, because I want to enjoy my team's games and not see a winger playing fullback, just because some fake online managerial game's stats say he's better at the position by 1 mark than the incumbent.

Do you guys really take this league that seriously? Erm

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 26 Nov 2018, 10:50 am

Think you're missing the point Azzy, it's a way of coping with injuries when you have players who can play different positions.

As far as taking the league that seriously, that's a bit rich from someone who has a history of kicking off within a league and quitting Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Mon 26 Nov 2018, 11:13 am

Azzy wrote:Whereas I play my players in the positions they normally play, because I want to enjoy my team's games and not see a winger playing fullback, just because some fake online managerial game's stats say he's better at the position by 1 mark than the incumbent.

Do you guys really take this league that seriously? Erm

This doesn’t make any sense, putting tactics together to win is the whole point of the game Laugh

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by $ka Mon 26 Nov 2018, 11:22 am

Rof - I haven't seen the whole game yet (got suddenly busy) but I've seen that first goal which was a clear foul in the build-up so I'm calling the entire match null and void.

$ka

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 26 Nov 2018, 11:54 am

Marky wrote:
Afro wrote:Going to do the same with the cup, use it to experiment a bit.

Futwiz shows you a player's rating in different positions, if that helps. I've been playing CDM's at CB because they have the same rating in both positions.

SoFIFA has it too, and I do use that, but this is taking that to the next level.

I have a couple of players that, even if SoFIFA gives them a lower rating, with their stats, I think will work in how I play. Essentially I am creating my own rating for each position based on what skills I think they need for how I want them to play. I haven't literally done that, but it is in effect what I am doing.

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:53 pm

I agree with Azzy. I’d hate one of MY players to be out there EXCELLING in a game and only be thinking “you don’t belong there, laddy!”

It’s for this reason that I don’t count any goal Gareth Bale has scored in his career. Get back to left back, you nonce.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 26 Nov 2018, 1:24 pm

Marky wrote:Think you're missing the point Azzy, it's a way of coping with injuries when you have players who can play different positions.

As far as taking the league that seriously, that's a bit rich from someone who has a history of kicking off within a league and quitting Wink
I'm not taking any crap from a manager who's never won anything of substance. You're sour from the Azzrentice. Just because a guy likes rules and regulations, and gets fed up with people changing them to suit whinging babies, he gets a reputation? I don't sexually harass people in Chinese takeaways, have sexual relations with my family, take drugs, or avoid paying tax. Luckily for this league, it's got its balls pegged out on the washing line for all to see, and no-one wants to touch them because it's raining outside.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 26 Nov 2018, 1:25 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I agree with Azzy. I’d hate one of MY players to be out there EXCELLING in a game and only be thinking “you don’t belong there, laddy!”

It’s for this reason that I don’t count any goal Gareth Bale has scored in his career. Get back to left back, you nonce.
See, you mock, but imagine how effective he could be playing LWB in a 3-4-3.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 29 Nov 2018, 8:19 am

Okay, I put my reserve team out so we'd be knocked out of the cup. I did not anticipate several of my players having blinders Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 29 Nov 2018, 9:39 am

Azzy wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I agree with Azzy. I’d hate one of MY players to be out there EXCELLING in a game and only be thinking “you don’t belong there, laddy!”

See, you mock, but imagine how effective he could be playing LWB in a 3-4-3.

Actually ended up doing that with my Huddersfield town career mode on 18. Had a ridiculous team and that was the only way to fit him in.
It worked.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 29 Nov 2018, 9:40 am

So 3-4-3 is not the formation for me...

I'm also fairly sure I've seen more absolute worldies against my team this season than I did in the whole of last

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 29 Nov 2018, 9:59 am

I haven't watched it yet, but I assume a Colchester victory?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:02 am

BamBam wrote:
I'm also fairly sure I've seen more absolute worldies against my team this season than I did in the whole of last

Or has Brilliant proved to be no more than just a name?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:04 am

I had injury frequency at 75 and injury severity at 65 last night, going to crank them both up another 10 for the next game being that no-one got an injury.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:07 am

One thing we haven't thought about is how we are deciding games that are draws after 90 minutes.

Straight to penalties or Extra time?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:09 am

Golden goal

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:23 am

Afro wrote:One thing we haven't thought about is how we are deciding games that are draws after 90 minutes.

I wondered that during the game, I was planning on doing extra time and then penalties.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:24 am

One thing I did notice was that there were a few instances that the 'no rules' came into effect, fair few fouls that would have been given and a few occasions of blatant offside passes.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:27 am

Hero wrote:
Afro wrote:One thing we haven't thought about is how we are deciding games that are draws after 90 minutes.

I wondered that during the game, I was planning on doing extra time and then penalties.

If you do Golden goal does that run for 30 mins and then go to penalties?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:37 am

Afro wrote:
Hero wrote:

I'd presume so.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:38 am

Hero wrote:One thing I did notice was that there were a few instances that the 'no rules' came into effect, fair few fouls that would have been given and a few occasions of blatant offside passes.
I'm just watching the game again. Blatant penalty for Lincoln in a normal game, then my guys go down the other end, pump the ball to Nketiah who's about 10 yards offside, who nods it back to my Japanese Baby Doll for the stunning finish Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers - Page 3 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:52 am

Hero wrote:
Afro wrote:
Hero wrote:

I'd presume so.

I reckon that is the best option then
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 29 Nov 2018, 10:58 am

Could do, though I hate Golden goal in RL.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 29 Nov 2018, 11:14 am

Not too fussed either way tbh. Equally happy with going straight to penalties, or doing 30 mins of extra time, not golden goal, and then penalties
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 29 Nov 2018, 12:05 pm

I think straight to penalties. We all like shootouts.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Thu 29 Nov 2018, 12:15 pm

Penalties are a treat. Saves time too.

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Fri 30 Nov 2018, 8:53 am

Golden goal tomato

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 30 Nov 2018, 9:17 am

The first Mansfield goal and the 2nd  Cheltenham goal were like rockets

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 30 Nov 2018, 9:34 am

I'm getting the feeling that injuries are turned off in this mode. Cranked injury frequency upto 85 and despite there being a few crunching tackles and it going into extra time no-one got an injury.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 Nov 2018, 10:07 am

Hero wrote:I'm getting the feeling that injuries are turned off in this mode. Cranked injury frequency upto 85 and despite there being a few crunching tackles and it going into extra time no-one got an injury.
I've seen it twice where the players stays down, doing a Drogba, but then jumps back up and gets back into the game. That wouldn't happen normally, he'd get a + sign and there'd be a close up on him when the ball next goes out of play to talk about his injury.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 04 Dec 2018, 9:08 am

That was a game worth waiting for. Well played Olly Ok!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 07 Dec 2018, 9:24 am

DOMINATION

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 07 Dec 2018, 9:47 am

This is where it all begins Dolph. 4 weeks of hustling the opposition and then boom...
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Fri 07 Dec 2018, 10:02 am

Just watched the game, great performance by Cambridge although one slight issue I noticed my new signing Lebogang Manyama lining up for Cheltenham, big fine coming his way!

I signed him at the opening of this window although it appears as though Twist signed him a day or so later.

In the interest of fairness (and to save Dolph from having a breakdown) I don't mind signing someone else on the basis they can play this week as Manyama is in my starting line up. Otherwise I'm assuming the game may have to be replayed

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 07 Dec 2018, 10:10 am

Ah that'd be why when I was putting together the teams I was scratching my head for ages trying to find him and eventually found him in your squad, thought I must have moved him to yours in mistake and moved him over!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 07 Dec 2018, 10:11 am

If you are okay to sign someone else that's very good of you and I'll amend your teamsheet.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Fri 07 Dec 2018, 10:21 am

I did think his name sounded familiar when he first popped up on the ball!

That's fine Hero, also saves you having to replay the game so will hopefully save a bit of time. I'll bring someone else in and update my tactics shortly.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 07 Dec 2018, 10:35 am

I blame Twist, underhand tactics there.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 07 Dec 2018, 11:29 am

Sounds like the usual conspiracies

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 07 Dec 2018, 11:41 am

Take a boo wrote:Just watched the game, great performance by Cambridge although one slight issue I noticed my new signing Lebogang Manyama lining up for Cheltenham, big fine coming his way!

I signed him at the opening of this window although it appears as though Twist signed him a day or so later.

In the interest of fairness (and to save Dolph from having a breakdown) I don't mind signing someone else on the basis they can play this week as Manyama is in my starting line up. Otherwise I'm assuming the game may have to be replayed

Sorry mate, I go by the spreadsheet Players in League tab and he wasn't there when I first looked. I did sign him the next day and didn't think to scroll up to see if he had been signed.

If you want him then happy to take him out my squad. It didn't affect the result so no need to replay it. Just post on my page whether you want him or not, so I know to amend it.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next