The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers

+10
Fluxy
Trebs
Take a boo
BamBam
Renege
$ka
Dolphin Ziggler
Azzy
Marky
Hero
14 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers - Page 7 Empty Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers

Post by Afro Tue 13 Nov 2018, 8:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Use this page to talk about matches played.

Spoiler alert - posts on this page may give away results, so if you don't want to know, then don't read it!!

Last edited by Afro on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers - Page 7 Empty Re: Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers

Post by Hero Mon 08 Apr 2019, 3:13 pm

I think in regards to the 'race' it'd be a lesser impact. Then it was going from 25m on TM to 26m etc and the pot of players was much smaller. Going from 70 to 71 on FIFA etc it's a massive pot. As it gets to the mid 80's then sure it's a scramble to cherry pick.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers - Page 7 Empty Re: Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers

Post by BamBam Mon 08 Apr 2019, 3:15 pm

I'm against the small FIFA rating cap rises, I'd rather see the bigger jumps at a set period of time. If we're only playing every team once, then at the end of each season is fine by me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 08 Apr 2019, 3:22 pm

Agreed Bammers.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 08 Apr 2019, 3:28 pm

Accurate.
Match Talk 1 - contains result spoilers - Page 7 3436350200000578-3591687-image-a-19_1463335370690

I see no need for changes for now regardless of how im pissing this Laugh If we're cutting it to a 1 game vs each league then go up by 3 half way through at most. If playing twice then 2 every quarter.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 08 Apr 2019, 3:49 pm

Afro wrote:Its an idea worth considering, although you're right it did then become a race to see who could pick up the player at 12am/9am as the limit went up.

I also would prefer not to see something that adds an extra thing to track and need to remember when looking for players.

I think the difference with this league and previously though is the difference in players in games.
Zlatan becoming available one week for instance was an absolute game changer for a lower team who would suddenly become competitive. It just wouldn't be the same on here.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 09 Apr 2019, 9:13 am

Why was the team I sent in not selected? I had Ryan Jackson playing RB instead of Alexandru Matel, who should be there as he's in the Jan 10 update?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 09 Apr 2019, 9:30 am

Maybe just an honest mistake. Hero did do a bumper load of matches last night.

Has Fluxy done tactics?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 09 Apr 2019, 9:55 am

I did do a massive search for Matel but he's def not in it, Romanian League at that point apparently so wasn't in, I did post a couple of weeks ago to let you know sorry.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 09 Apr 2019, 10:09 am

Hero wrote:I did do a massive search for Matel but he's def not in it, Romanian League at that point apparently so wasn't in, I did post a couple of weeks ago to let you know sorry.
He was at Dinamo Zagreb, that's why.

Luckily I don't care about winning or losing, so don't replay the game OK

Scratch that, turns out SoFIFA is actually a very poor website that doesn't have anything like consistency when it comes to searching for players. It was changing the dates of the player's update without me realising, even though for other players it doesn't.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 09 Apr 2019, 10:25 am

Azzy wrote:
Hero wrote:I did do a massive search for Matel but he's def not in it, Romanian League at that point apparently so wasn't in, I did post a couple of weeks ago to let you know sorry.
He was at Dinamo Zagreb, that's why.

Luckily I don't care about winning or losing, so don't replay the game OK

Scratch that, turns out SoFIFA is actually a very poor website that doesn't have anything like consistency when it comes to searching for players. It was changing the dates of the player's update without me realising, even though for other players it doesn't.

If you search for a player on a version that they aren't in, then SoFiFA does switch to the latest version that they are in
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 09 Apr 2019, 10:36 am

Seems he is only in Jan 28th edition as not in April's :-|

I find if you press enter in SoFIFA when you search rather than pressing the players name that appeals (the auto completion) then it stays in the edition you select and if the person isn't in then it doesn't appear.

Search for "Taarabt" in Jan 10 and press enter, and he doesn't appear (don't press his name that comes up!). However if you go April 8th and do the same thing, then he does.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 09 Apr 2019, 10:42 am

TwisT wrote:Maybe just an honest mistake. Hero did do a bumper load of matches last night.

Has Fluxy done tactics?

Just sent them to Hero OK been a bit out of the cycle recently!

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Apr 2019, 4:34 am

Thought I might win a game. Could see my team crumbling to put pressure on, not helped by the game doing my third sub and, as he came on, showing an indicator to say that my centre back was injured, but now could not come off as the sub settled in.

Who wasn't putting pressure on the scorer of the equaliser? My injured centre back.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 10 Apr 2019, 9:09 am

That is the weirdest end formation I have had and I have had a few! Laugh

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 10 Apr 2019, 10:34 am

Yeah when I saw your formation at the end it raised a chuckle Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 10 Apr 2019, 12:03 pm

I don't blame you mate; it is a Fifa "bug" (for want of a better word). And having 4 different tactics is overkill when I have read it sometimes doesn't make a difference anyway.

The formation change wouldn't matter if it at least subbed people in right positions. I had a fullback as a striker and a number 9 as a midfielder. God

Just going 4-3-3 and hoping because it is so bog standard that it keeps it that way.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue 30 Apr 2019, 8:43 am

Having 3 of my best players injured isn’t ideal in a double game week 😂 Think I’ll have to join the diamond club

Can you please play my first choice keeper in the next game though Hero  Whistle

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 01 May 2019, 9:47 am

Just did a quick watch of the Colchester Grimbsy game, I thought Azzy had done it until the 60th minute  laughing

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 01 May 2019, 10:42 am

Fluxy wrote:Just did a quick watch of the Colchester Grimbsy game, I thought Azzy had done it until the 60th minute  laughing
I have to be honest, I didn't even bother watching the game - just skipped to 85mins and saw 1-1, assumed we drew, then saw the final score when I was watching the bit at the end with the scorers and assists Laugh

I just can't be bothered to change my tactics - I don't play FIFA, I don't understand how it works now, and so I can't really be bothered to change formation or instructions, other than to randomly change width and depth numbers.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 01 May 2019, 11:23 am

Azzy wrote:
Fluxy wrote:Just did a quick watch of the Colchester Grimbsy game, I thought Azzy had done it until the 60th minute  laughing
I have to be honest, I didn't even bother watching the game - just skipped to 85mins and saw 1-1, assumed we drew, then saw the final score when I was watching the bit at the end with the scorers and assists Laugh

I just can't be bothered to change my tactics - I don't play FIFA, I don't understand how it works now, and so I can't really be bothered to change formation or instructions, other than to randomly change width and depth numbers.

Happy to give you a hand/second opinion if you want it  OK

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 01 May 2019, 11:46 am

Fluxy wrote:
Azzy wrote:

I mean, you can literally write me new tactics if you like, but I'm not going to expend any effort on this season now Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 01 May 2019, 12:03 pm

Azzy wrote:
Fluxy wrote:
Azzy wrote:

I mean, you can literally write me new tactics if you like, but I'm not going to expend any effort on this season now Laugh

I'm sort of the same. Out of interest, what does everyone do?
I don't even check who I'm playing to be honest. Does anyone do scout missions, or adjust tactics based on anything much?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 01 May 2019, 12:15 pm

Trebs wrote:I don't even check who I'm playing to be honest. Does anyone do scout missions, or adjust tactics based on anything much?
Not once have I looked at the opposition's lineup or previous tactics. Don't you have a minion who can do that for you?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 01 May 2019, 12:18 pm

ive not changed tactics since week 3 only the formation

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 01 May 2019, 12:28 pm

I changed some things, but never based on what the other person does. I don’t really play FIFA any more so I don’t think that matters. I watched my games and decided I played too wide, so tried changes to stop that

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 01 May 2019, 12:30 pm

My assistants have been very busy, so unfortunately it's just been the two team meetings that we've had a chance to do any planning.

I've mixed up tactics and formations a bit but not with much thought into how to win the game.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 01 May 2019, 12:50 pm

Like Nando, I have had the same formation and tactics since early on, because of not having the right personnel in the early days. And it was an adapted formation and tactics that I used in the last FIFA league that I use now. 

Have tweaked them this week, so waiting for my game to see if they produce or not

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 01 May 2019, 1:24 pm

Was robbery really. It was all Colchester in the first half and they should have been further ahead.

I don't pay any attention to the opposition tbh. I had a set formation that worked, but then it stopped working, so I have changed it to something else
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 01 May 2019, 1:46 pm

I have tried to pick tactics that stupid fifa doesn't decide to change mid way through the game! Laugh

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 02 May 2019, 9:21 am

2 wins on the trot. Shocked

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 02 May 2019, 10:44 am

Save of the season on the 72nd minute from Fruchtl - then concede minutes later  Crying or Very sad

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Thu 02 May 2019, 11:04 am

TwisT wrote:2 wins on the trot. Shocked
The D-Rod effect

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 02 May 2019, 11:19 am

And potential goal of the season!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 02 May 2019, 11:39 am

Hero wrote:

And potential goal of the season!

I am watching the whole game at lunch so will be good to see. It is a lot closer at the bottom that I thought looking at the table now. I could potentially go up to 5th next week if results go my way Shocked considering I have been bottom 2 for quite a while!

D-Rod has had an effect. Changed my transfer target mentality a few weeks ago and it is paying off.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 02 May 2019, 1:08 pm

Saw the goal.....it made the GK look like a midget. He didn't even jump! Laugh

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7