The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup

+56
sensisball
blindsided
Noble-Surfer
alive555
Maddogflanker
NeilyBroon
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pie
miltonkeynesengland
Collapse2005
Heaf
SecretFly
Cyril
carpet baboon
jimbopip
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
maestegmafia
Mr Bounce
mikey_dragon
Rinsure
formerly known as Sam
stub
yappysnap
king_carlos
IanBru
WELL-PAST-IT
reallybored
TightHEAD
demosthenes
Irish Londoner
tigertattie
Soul Requiem
bluestonevedder
nlpnlp
Khouli Khan
Duty281
Tattie Scones RRN
Yoda
Recwatcher16
Eejit
majesticimperialman
hugehandoff
Gooseberry
quinsforever
bsando
lostinwales
Tramptastic
Geordie
LondonTiger
BamBam
BigGee
EWT Spoons
No 7&1/2
RDW
60 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup Empty Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 8:35 am

GUINNESS SIX NATIONS 2020
8 FEB 2020
BT MURRAYFIELD
KICK-OFF 4:45 PM

Past results

201013 MarchScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_England.svg England15–15MurrayfieldEdinburgh633915
201113 MarchScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_England.svg England22–17TwickenhamLondon643915
20124 FebruaryScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_England.svg England6–13MurrayfieldEdinburgh653915
20132 FebruaryScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_England.svg England38–18TwickenhamLondon663915
20148 FebruaryScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_England.svg England0–20MurrayfieldEdinburgh673915
201514 MarchScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_England.svg England25–13TwickenhamLondon683915
20166 FebruaryScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_England.svg England9–15[2]MurrayfieldEdinburgh693915
201711 MarchScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_England.svg England61–21[3]TwickenhamLondon703915
201824 FebruaryScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg Scotland25–13[4]MurrayfieldEdinburgh704015
201916 MarchScotland V England - The Calcutta Cup 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg Scotland38–38TwickenhamLondon704016
Teams

Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup HP7hDa92HluFnAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
TBC

Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup OZiWAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Furbank; May, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Heinz; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Kruis, Itoje, Ludlam, Underhill, Curry

Replacements: Dunn, Genge, Stuart, Launchbury, Lawes, Earl, Youngs, Devoto

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup Empty Re: Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 8:40 am

Ah come on. At least change the last scotland flag to a union jackpot something. And dont give me the twaddle its supposed to represent the holder of the Calcutta cup!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup Empty Re: Scotland V England - The Calcutta Cup

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 8:43 am

When thinking about potential changes to make this weekend I struggled to decide who might come in. Let's put Finn Russell to the side in all this as we just don't know if he's going to be brought back in. I don't think he will be for this game.

Front row

Fraser Brown finally got his opportunity but I'm not sure he took it - he was part of the wayward lineout and gave away a stupid penalty. McInally made good impact when he came on but also had dodgy lineout. 50/50 for me.

Props to stay the same after strong displays, and Berghan back onto the bench as he was meant to be.

Second row

Starters to stay the same but I'd up the grunt on the bench with either Gilchrist or Skinner (whose not in the squad remember) brought in.

Back row

All probably deserve to get another shot, and we will be like for like with England particularly if we don't have a meaty 8 to worry about. If Bradbury is fit I'd bring him onto the bench.

Halfbacks

Price didn't overly convince and was one of the many who gave away a stupid penalty. I think Townsend will stick with him though - we may see changes in round 3.

Hastings, well, depends on Russell but I think he'd still start

Centres

If Tuilagi is meant to be fit I would bring in Matt Scott for the added physicality, but SJ and JOnes again probably deserve to keep their place. Jones was pretty quiet but we all know what happened last time at Murrayfield (as will the English)

Back 3

As has been mentioned on other threads they didn't really carry much threat, but in the absence in any other options we stick with what we have. Darcy Graham is a huge miss.

Sutherland
Brown
Fagerson
Gray
Cummings
Ritchie
Watson
Haining

Price
Hastings
Maitland
Johnson
Jones
Kinghorn
Hogg

Subs - Dell, McInally, Berghan, Gilchrist, Bradbury, Horne, Hutchinson, Harris

Same as the Ireland game but a meatier bench basically.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 8:44 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah come on. At least change the last scotland flag to a union jackpot something. And dont give me the twaddle its supposed to represent the holder of the Calcutta cup!
Headscratch

It is a Wikipedia copy and paste and the flag shows who collected the Calcutta Cup. As it was a draw Scotland retained the Cup as they won it the previous year.

Them's the rules!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 03 Feb 2020, 8:55 am

Hard to argue with your team RDW, I'd possibly replace Johnson with Scott (I know you mentioned maybe doing that), but then again, last time Johnson & Jones lined up against England they both played a big part in that game.

I'd also bring McInally back in to start. Brown was fine, but I just think McInally is better

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 8:59 am

RDW wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah come on. At least change the last scotland flag to a union jackpot something. And dont give me the twaddle its supposed to represent the holder of the Calcutta cup!
Headscratch

It is a Wikipedia copy and paste and the flag shows who collected the Calcutta Cup. As it was a draw Scotland retained the Cup as they won it the previous year.

Them's the rules!
While we're at it, England retained the cup in 2010 when we drew 15-15 because they won it in 2009!

Looking through the history it is littered with the game being a draw and the previous owner retaining it.

Last edited by RDW on Mon 03 Feb 2020, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 9:01 am

EWT Spoons wrote:Hard to argue with your team RDW, I'd possibly replace Johnson with Scott (I know you mentioned maybe doing that), but then again, last time Johnson & Jones lined up against England they both played a big part in that game.

I'd also bring McInally back in to start.  Brown was fine, but I just think McInally is better
We keep thinking about their contribution to the amazing comeback, but these guys were also responsible for going 31 points down in the first place!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 03 Feb 2020, 9:02 am

I don't see to many changes to the Scotland team unless there are any injuries we don't know about.

The mood music from Toonie was that he was likely to stick with the players who have been in the squad through this two week training block and that is therefore likely to exclude Russell from coming back or Skinner and Fagerson returning. You can see why he would do that, the players deserve that kind of loyalty from him. The week's break after this game is a much more opportune moment to refresh the squad.

I guess we will hear about any squad changes today and if not then it is stick to what we have got and that means more of the same, maybe with a couple of bench swaps and tweaks. No-one in the team last week had a stand out bad game, so all of them worthy of another crack in some shape or form.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 9:08 am

Titles and sources always help then rdw. England wins scotland wins and draws on the end.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 9:09 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Titles and sources always help then rdw. England wins scotland wins and draws on the end.
Personally I love criticism on match threads from people who rarely make their own!  thumbsup

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 9:12 am

That's good, some people would get upset rather than use it as a way to improve.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 03 Feb 2020, 9:19 am

RDW wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:Hard to argue with your team RDW, I'd possibly replace Johnson with Scott (I know you mentioned maybe doing that), but then again, last time Johnson & Jones lined up against England they both played a big part in that game.

I'd also bring McInally back in to start.  Brown was fine, but I just think McInally is better
We keep thinking about their contribution to the amazing comeback, but these guys were also responsible for going 31 points down in the first place!

It's a fair point. Ok I'm sold, bring in Scott for SJ

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 03 Feb 2020, 10:33 am

Missed the Ireland-Scotland game, how did Hastings go? Its been Russell led madness that has been the main area for Scotland when they have got the better of us over the last few years, but Hastings doesn't strike me as being enough of a maverick to do the same

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 03 Feb 2020, 10:40 am

RDW wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Titles and sources always help then rdw. England wins scotland wins and draws on the end.
Personally I love criticism on match threads from people who rarely make their own!  thumbsup

Damn, I was going to jump in - but maybe do not make the qualifying mark Very Happy

To England - Eddie will have to make some changes. Mako was earmarked for this game but having seen the way Marler and Genge were destroying the French tightheads I would argue both should go again. We have to then select a proper number 8 and add ballast to the second row.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Feb 2020, 10:49 am

England...balance the side up a bit..

1 Genge
2 George
3 Sinkler with a major kick up the a$$
4 Kruis
5 Lawes / Itoje
6 Curry
7 Underhill
8 Dombrandt

9 Youngs but we need a new 9
10 Farrell or Ford
11 Daly
12 Devoto
13 Joseph
14 May
15 Furbank -Give him a chance

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 10:51 am

Scrum was excellent. Tight 5 deserve credit for that along with the replacements. Lost lineouts for once I think you cant point firmly at the hooker. Hard to know what changes to that pack will be. We could get away with 1 change and see a considerable difference. Sorry for my peasantry rdw dont want to get on the wrong side of you as you're a great poster. ( let alone the mid thing).

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 10:56 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Scrum was excellent. Tight 5 deserve credit for that along with the replacements. Lost lineouts for once I think you cant point firmly at the hooker. Hard to know what changes to that pack will be. We could get away with 1 change and see a considerable difference. Sorry for my peasantry rdw dont want to get on the wrong side of you as you're a great poster. ( let alone the mid thing).
 No worries 7.5 - I shouldn't have reacted that way.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 03 Feb 2020, 10:57 am

Are england really that poorly stocked at 9 that Ben Youngs is still the best option?

Whats happened to Dan Robson or Joe Simpson?

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 03 Feb 2020, 11:10 am

Tramptastic wrote:Are england really that poorly stocked at 9 that Ben Youngs is still the best option?

Dan Robson is struggling this season, and Eddie feels he is too quiet (same accusation levelled at Spencer - along with thoughts he only looks good because he is at Sarries).

Joe Simpson is second choice to Willi Heinz at Glaws (and is 15 months older than Youngs so not one for the future).

The younger Mitchell at Saints is currently behind Reinach, Maunder(s) at Chiefs are behind Nic White, last seasons U20 SH is at Tigers. Basically the young guys are bench warming too much to be considered.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 11:13 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:England...balance the side up a bit..

1 Genge
2 George
3 Sinkler with a major kick up the a$$
4 Kruis
5 Lawes / Itoje
6 Curry
7 Underhill
8 Dombrandt

9 Youngs but we need a new 9
10 Farrell or Ford
11 Daly
12 Devoto
13 Joseph
14 May
15 Furbank -Give him a chance

I really hope you don't go for that team - I'd much rather EJ stays stubborn and picks the same team!

Dombrandt at 8 could be a real star.

England playing so badly is probably the worst thing that could happen for Scotland! There will surely be a reaction this week.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 03 Feb 2020, 11:13 am

Tramptastic wrote:Are england really that poorly stocked at 9 that Ben Youngs is still the best option?

Joe Simpson missed the boat (31 now too - maybe young by EJ's debut scrum half standards but still..)

Robson missed the RWC with blood clots. I believe he made a full recovery and is certainly back playing but I am not sure if he's showing good enough form.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 03 Feb 2020, 12:47 pm

BamBam wrote:Missed the Ireland-Scotland game, how did Hastings go? Its been Russell led madness that has been the main area for Scotland when they have got the better of us over the last few years, but Hastings doesn't strike me as being enough of a maverick to do the same

He did well mostly, a little hesitant in a few instances but he made some great kicks for territory and put Ireland under pressure with high balls. Some nice inside passes too. Zero grubbers which was actually nice to see, Russell can use that too much and ricochet off players legs creating a lot of unnecessary pressure on his teammates. If Hastings can play the same this weekend but add a few breaks and some better support lines he'll be wearing the 10 jersey for a while. Russell on form is incredible, but Russell off form is below an average Hastings performance in my view.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 03 Feb 2020, 12:57 pm

Hastings seems to have an impressively hard head given the Doris Day incident.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Feb 2020, 1:20 pm

Finn Russell isn't in the training squad for this week.

The saga rumbles on!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 03 Feb 2020, 1:45 pm

RDW wrote:Finn Russell isn't in the training squad for this week.

The saga rumbles on!

Probably a good thing, Townsend looking to just shut down the question early on, preventing any more disruption. He'll come back in over the break for a dose of reconciliation (hopefully)

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 03 Feb 2020, 1:45 pm

Jones will be forced to play an 8 at 8 this week. twice failing to keep the ball in the back of a dominant scrum really cost england yesterday. curry and underhill at 6 and 7 are to be feared.

without billy, mako or manu, England are going to need more variety, as they rarely broke the gainline.

so i think it could be a really open game (please dont rain), as both sides need width and guile to score.

was at last year's match...never thought, at half time, i would cheer so desperately an England score to draw the match at full time!!!!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 03 Feb 2020, 2:23 pm

Whilst the Russell saga adds a bit of additional sniping doubt towards Townsend the pressure on this game is really much more on England, especially following the manner of the defeat to France. Id say they have more uncertainty over selections too.

Its very late notice to be calling in a solution for the 8 issue. If Dombrant had been in the extended squad then his use in this game would be a lot easier than bringing him absolutely from the cold.

As I understand it though Mako was only rested from the last test and should be fully fit for this one. Tulagis absence isn't confirmed either, although for the long term its probably better he is rested ( I do wonder how much he has played through niggling injury as per Moody in the 2011 world cup and hidden this from the medics, he tried to play through and waved off treatment initially before being replaced), and in theory Devoto offers some level of carrying ability.

Scrum halves...well Ive broken recorded that one to death but dont expect a change. I do subscribe to some of Sams argument that the fact both struggled so much was partly down to England going back in contact and the breakdown. France did much the same as SA did to England in that regard. The good news for whichever starts is that Scotland are unlikely to have the ability to replicate that and England should get a bit more go forward.

Lineout was a bit of a mixed bag for England too. Maybe some of that down to Cowan Dickie being in and out of camp and distracted, but also it was an area France were set up to target with 5 jumpers. Again its hard for Scotland to replicate that to the same extent with the players they have available.

So in theory I do feel England should win. But Scotland never need much to get up for this fixture, and we saw they certainly had the wind in their sails against Ireland even if they did keep getting smashed on the rocks. If they can actually believe in themselves, play with that level of passion but a bit less panic then we know well form last year and the year before they are capable of an upset.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Mon 03 Feb 2020, 2:53 pm

I was hugely impressed with Scotland and of course if they start taking some of their chances they will cause most sides problems. At home I expect them to be very difficult for England. Many an England side has arrived as favourites at Murrayfield and been sent home with their chariot sticking firmly out of their backside. I expect England to be 0 and 2 after this weekend.

Eddie is too stubborn and and the no.8 thing is a massive own goal. At least play Simmonds. I did not see the France match (luckily) but believe the scrum was ok albeit Sinckler was quiet around the park. Given the 6 day turn around for England I would fancy starting Williams with Cowan-dickie and Marler. Then bring George and Sinckler on as subs along with Mako. We have also known that England struggle to get over the gainline in the backs without Manu, but little seems to have been learnt. Fingers crossed for a big improvement across the board, but even that might not be enough.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 2:56 pm

Well I'd have expected that if Dombrandt was going to be called up, and Spencer, we'd have heard by now. Mistake in my opinion as curry isnt going to get up to speed with an extra week and youngs is urgghhh.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 03 Feb 2020, 3:55 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Well I'd have expected that if Dombrandt was going to be called up, and Spencer, we'd have heard by now. Mistake in my opinion as curry isnt going to get up to speed with  an extra week and youngs is urgghhh.

Very much agree. If it were a fallow week there would be more time to get a player up to speed, but bringing in someone form completely outside, especially in a role like SH is going to cause as many problems as it would solve. Its now a case of making the best of whats there. Only a few days ago people were all over Curry, and whilst a little skeptical about a non specialist 8 whoever it was it was seen as the earth shattering disaster it currently is. Hes still the greatest thing since chinese takeaway, so maybe we just have to accept and fancy moves off the back of the scrum aren't going to happen and look to what the trio can bring as a positive for the time being.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 03 Feb 2020, 5:15 pm

England squad is apparently unchanged

https://twitter.com/FoyChris/status/1224380471636897793

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 5:23 pm

This is the squad from rfu twitter.

Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
Tom Dunn (Bath Rugby)
Ben Earl (Saracens)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie George (Saracens)
Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors)
Maro Itoje (Saracens)
George Kruis (Saracens)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints)
Joe Marler (Harlequins)
Alex Moon (Northampton Saints)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
Will Stuart (Bath Rugby)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)

Backs
Elliot Daly (Saracens)
Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs)
Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints)
Owen Farrell (Saracens
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
George Furbank (Northampton Saints)
Willi Heinz (Gloucester Rugby)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)
Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
Jacob Umaga (Wasps)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

Apprentice player
Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints, uncapped) 

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 5:25 pm

Even from this and the disappointing we will have to put up with youngs again ano number 8 youd tempted to have hill and earl involved wouldn't you?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 03 Feb 2020, 5:30 pm

I'd go with Lawes back to lock, Curry to 6 and Earl to 8 - at least he's played there more than Curry has

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 03 Feb 2020, 6:35 pm

England should have learnt their lesson by now, playing players out of position does not work well. Curry, Underhill, Dombrant/Earl in the back row.

England really need to win this week end, just to prove that last week end was just a bad day at the office. England played just like Scotland did against Ireland every time they got into France half they lost the ball. Simply put it was not good enough from England Even if it was the first game, claiming to be a bit rusty is just a poor excuse.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 03 Feb 2020, 6:52 pm

Thinking about the game this week end Eddie Jones, should really be thinking of dropping Ben Youngs and bringing Danny Care back in. what as happend to Ben Spencer?

Eddie should be starting to think about the next 4 years to the next RWC, and start to bring the new stars of tomorrow.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 03 Feb 2020, 7:04 pm

I don’t think EJ will change much with the hopes of the putting the France game down to a blip and getting their tournament back on track. A dominant win and the drop Ben Youngs/sort the back row chat loses a little credibility.

France beat England up in the same way South Africa did. We won’t do that, and for that reason I think we’re going to get pumped.

I’m going though, and the most important thing about this fixture is how many delicious pints of Guinness I’m going to drink.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 8:25 pm

France showed the blueprint on how to beat England.
1. At rucks, pile in numbers off their feet and seal off the ball so Underhill and Curry don't get a sight of the ball.
2. The outside centre needs to be on the offside line and beyond, don't give Joseph time or space.
3. Use the vague French ref to your advantage to create mayhem, score early and then just leather the ball into the English 22 and let them try and run it back, probably in the rain.
4. The moment one side of your scrum goes backwards, the prop on the other side needs to dive for the floor and the ref will wave play on.

Easy. 😎

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Mon 03 Feb 2020, 9:23 pm

Recwatcher16 wrote:France showed the blueprint on how to beat England.
1. At rucks, pile in numbers off their feet and seal off the ball so Underhill and Curry don't get a sight of the ball.
2. The outside centre needs to be on the offside line and beyond, don't give Joseph time or space.
3. Use the vague French ref to your advantage to create mayhem, score early and then just leather the ball into the English 22 and let them try and run it back, probably in the rain.
4. The moment one side of your scrum goes backwards, the prop on the other side needs to dive for the floor and the ref will wave play on.

Easy. 😎

Yep pretty much summed it up, not a game nigel will look back at with pride. Some shockers in there however he didn't make us mess up time and time again in the red zone. We could have scored 7 drop goals of we had our heads on straight. Agree with the scrum we should have got a few more penalties especially as their Tight head had his head up his bum for most of the match. But none of that matters as we failed to take charge and use it wisely. It's almost as if they were distracted by something, saracens cheating will rattle on for a while I think especially as they are the spine of the team. Scotland will be up for this and thought they played well in alot of the game sat and their scrum will be probably be better than France's. At least we don't have to face dupont anymore.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 04 Feb 2020, 12:15 pm

Sooooooooo.

Looks like England are coming up with no specialist 8 again.

Scotland absolutely need to start smashing the rucks to secure ball otherwise we'll see more of the same from the Ireland match.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 04 Feb 2020, 12:24 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Sooooooooo.

Looks like England are coming up with no specialist 8 again.

Scotland absolutely need to start smashing the rucks to secure ball otherwise we'll see more of the same from the Ireland match.

Oh I'd love to see us bring in one of the new back rows and make life hard for you, but strongly suspect it that the England team will be like the one vs France just with even less hard carrying options.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 04 Feb 2020, 12:29 pm

Mako is due to be back isn't he? He pretty much carries like a No 8

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 04 Feb 2020, 12:37 pm

RDW wrote:Mako is due to be back isn't he? He pretty much carries like a No 8

Yes

We'd be better off playing him at 8. Both Marler and Genge went well last week so somebody will miss out.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 04 Feb 2020, 12:51 pm

https://www.itv.com/six-nations/articles/jones-to-persevere-with-curry-at-number-eight-for-england

Yahoo

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 04 Feb 2020, 12:56 pm

Yep - slipping into the bad habit of picking a guy who is one of the best in the world out of position.

Not saying Daly is one of the best but we have had the same situation with him for ages. I expect him back at 15 at the weekend by the way.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 04 Feb 2020, 12:56 pm

RDW wrote:https://www.itv.com/six-nations/articles/jones-to-persevere-with-curry-at-number-eight-for-england

Yahoo

And Tuilagi confirmed as out, too. Great news for Scotland.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue 04 Feb 2020, 1:03 pm

RDW wrote:https://www.itv.com/six-nations/articles/jones-to-persevere-with-curry-at-number-eight-for-england

Yahoo

Banters getting a bit spicy on here

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 04 Feb 2020, 1:10 pm

Gooseberry wrote:

Yahoo

I’m sure the dancing emoticon wasn’t intended as celebrating someone getting hurt because that would be a dick move.

Also Tuilagi is a monstrous ball carrier, and not having him in the 23 knocking down tacklers like skittles changes how the game might otherwise have gone.

Last edited by Eejit on Tue 04 Feb 2020, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 04 Feb 2020, 1:12 pm

Yahoo

I genuinely despair.

Heres an idea Eddie. We've been waiting years for a real top top class 7 and we have one now, and he has excelled at 6, alongside Underhill.
Why not develop him into the best flanker in the world.

And develop an actual 8 such as Mercer, or Dombrandt or even Move Ted HIll to 8....etc.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 04 Feb 2020, 1:13 pm

Eejit wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:

Yahoo

I’m sure the dancing emoticon wasn’t intended as celebrating someone getting hurt because that would be a dick move.

Also Tuilagi is a monstrous ball carrier, and not having him in the 23 knocking down tacklers like skittles changes how the game might otherwise have gone.
?

The title and the article is about Curry continuing at number 8...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next