The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+13
Davie
pedro
BlueCoverman
Pal Joey
super_realist
westisbest
incontinentia
beninho
JuliusHMarx
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
17 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 26 Aug 2020, 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:The far left is often dependent on where an individual themselves is on the political spectrum, for example Owen Jones may be seen as far left to someone who is centre right but to a centrist will be seen as merely left wing, personally have him down as part of the hard left.

I have him as left wing. Though is hard left not the same as far left because I dont have him as far left. I get tge views based on your own spectrum though. Which is why I hare labour supporters calling Starmer and others right wing.  Left of centre is not right wing.

I would say that hard left is within the standard left wing myself, thinking of someone like Tony Benn being hard left as opposed to Ed Milliband who was soft left, will say however that is possibly closer to far left than it is the centre.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:14 pm

I'm not worked up by XR, I gave them as an example of a left wing element that is spreading lies and nonsense on social media but who appear to actually have little influence.

It doesn't matter what your views are, there are now more outlets than ever, you just need to spend a nanosecond looking for it.

Last edited by super_realist on Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:15 pm

super_realist wrote:There's no conspiracy keeping left wing media from putting out content if they want to, the problem is whether there is demand.
You do realise the Daily Mail now has a lefty remainer Editor?

The problem seems to be that there is an inference that if you aren't left wing, then it must mean you are a hard right swivel eyed Tommy Robinson fan. It simply isn't true.

Who cares anyway? Isn't as if you are going to have your mind changed by a newspaper or twitter moron.

I tihnk you're streching the meaning of "lefty" beyind its natural boundaries.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:22 pm

Super

Why do you keep mentioning that the editor of the daily mail is "lefty" or a "remainer", when it clearly has no bearing on what he lets his newspaper print. Which in case you are unaware is extremely right wing stuff.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:25 pm

There's an assertion that the Daily Mail is a racist and xenophobic newspaper. That can hardly be the case if the editor is responsible for the paper is left wing and a remainer.

I would also disagree that the newspaper is "extremely" right wing. Yes, it's right wing, but it's no more extreme than The Guardian is extreme left.

Last edited by super_realist on Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:26 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:My point was pretty much that the next grand idea like the NHS won't even be put forward because it is obvious the British people would reject it, so no, I don't have an example.

Unless something has a nasty right wing xenophobic bent, like brexit, you can forget hearing about it.

That is laughable Mac. It is idiotic to think we aren't more enlightened now than in 1948. Are you seriously suggesting you would rather live then than now? You have infinitely more opportunity, equality, freedoms etc now.

There probably has never been a time when we have heard more from the left than now, especially the lunatic left.

We might be more enlightened in many many ways but at the same time, over the past 40 years we also seem to have accelerated on a path away from being a caring cooperative cohesive society into a rowdy crowd full of self interested, self centred "I am a twonk of the highest order" Where greed is not only tolerated but actively encouraged and society's role models pretty much all exude all those negative qualities. You're hearing more from the left now not because they necessarily have more to say (although they have) because politics have become more polarised, and pretty much everybody that wants a platform has one. While you observe the voices of the left, the actions of the radical right continue to drive a coach and horses through what used to be a fairly balanced stand off between the haves and the have nots in society.

Last edited by JAS on Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:28 pm

super_realist wrote:There's an assertion that the Daily Mail is a racist and xenophobic newspaper. That can hardly be the case if the editor is responsible for the paper is left wing and a remainer.

I would also disagree that the newspaper is "extremely" right wing. Yes, it's right wing, but it's no more extreme than The Guardian is extreme left.

So you read the daily mail?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:28 pm

On the EDL and XR wouldn't you agree that the goals and morals behind what they stand for a quite different. The "mild" form of what the EDL are asking for is brexit and increases in xenophobic behavior (pretty much what we now have) while the mild form of what XR want is some more electric cars and more renewable energy.

Can you really not see the different in motives behind these two groups?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:28 pm

That sounds exactly like confirmation bias.

When did we ever have this utopian caring, cohesive society? Rose tinted glasses much?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:29 pm

McLaren wrote:On the EDL and XR wouldn't you agree that the goals and morals behind what they stand for a quite different. The "mild" form of what the EDL are asking for is brexit and increases in xenophobic behavior (pretty much what we now have) while the mild form of what XR want is some more electric cars and more renewable energy.

Can you really not see the different in motives behind these two groups?

I didn't say anything about their motives Mac, I was talking about their ability to have a platform and the degree to which they are influential (or most often not)

I don't think there is a mild form of EDL or XR by the way.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:36 pm

I know there may not be the "mild form" within those organizations but I was trying to demonstrate to you how you cannot compare the two. I thought it would help you understand why you can't compare them if you considered what the less extreme versions or views not quite as far along the scale looked like. Would you not agree that the goals they have are morally very different?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:37 pm

I wasn't trying to compare the policies of the two. I was talking about their ability to gain a platform.

I don't consider the aims of either group to be moral. If there was a mild form of these groups then you wouldnt be in an extremist group like either of these would you?

Last edited by super_realist on Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:38 pm

Geordie Greig it has to be noted is a Conservative.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:38 pm

JAS wrote:

We might be more enlightened in many many ways but at the same time, over the past 40 years we also seem to have accelerated on a path away from being a caring cooperative cohesive society into a rowdy crowd full of self interested, self centred I am a twonk of the highest order

Exactly, the American libertarian view (like the one super holds) has become a lot more prevalent in the UK.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:53 pm

super_realist wrote:There's an assertion that the Daily Mail is a racist and xenophobic newspaper. That can hardly be the case if the editor is responsible for the paper is left wing and a remainer.

Jeez, how far right must you be if you think Geordie Greig is left wing?? He might be a bit nearer the right touchline than his predecessor who was so right wing he was beyond the touchline and up in the stands!!

...and as for the owner...FFS he's so far right he's not even in the effin stadium!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 1:54 pm

Who mentioned the owner?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:04 pm

Realist, do you honestly think the editor of the mail is a lefty? Or are you just acting it up?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:06 pm

JAS wrote:

Jeez, how far right must you be if you think Geordie Greig is left wing?? He might be a bit nearer the right touchline than his predecessor who was so right wing he was beyond the touchline and up in the stands!!

...and as for the owner...FFS he's so far right he's not even in the effin stadium!!

Gave me a chuckle that one, for some context Geordie Greig is to the right of me.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:06 pm

I don't really care. I simply don't think it's an "extreme" right newspaper at all. It is certainly right wing, but it's not extreme.

I don't read or know anyone who reads the Mail

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:13 pm

super_realist wrote:I don't really care. I simply don't think it's an "extreme" right newspaper at all. It is certainly right wing, but it's not extreme.

Make a stupid comment and then say you don't care when pointed out that you're wrong. Spend a lot of time on Twitter, do you?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:14 pm

super_realist wrote:I don't read or know anyone who reads the Mail

So how do you know if it's right wing or left wing? Presumably based on the opinions of people who you don't know?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:20 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

So how do you know if it's right wing or left wing? Presumably based on the opinions of people who you don't know?

Obviously I have read it on occasion. I said I don't read it, not that I have never read it. Pedant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:24 pm

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Obviously I have read it on occasion. I said I don't read it, not that I have never read it. Pedant.

I'm not a pedant, just infantile.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:30 pm

super_realist wrote:I don't really care.
Oh we know, we know

super_realist wrote:

I simply don't think it's an "extreme" right newspaper at all. It is certainly right wing, but it's not extreme.

Whilst it might not be extreme in itself, it certainly panders to that element and whips it up on occasion too.

As for the owner, which you picked up on from my last comment, just exactly how long do you think an editor would last if his political line was not broadly in line with the owners?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:34 pm

Moderate journalism here from the Daily Mail

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 9k=

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:35 pm

Hardly extreme right wing is it and I'm a remainer.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:39 pm

Extreme populism and given the historical precedent of the headline, certainly has right wing connotations.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:41 pm

superflyweight wrote:Extreme populism and given the historical precedent of the headline, certainly has right wing connotations.  

No one said it isn't right wing, but it's not extreme at all.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:44 pm

Its pretty extreme isn't it. Hardly moderate.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:46 pm

I'd say its exrtreme. Probably felt extreme to the judges to be labelled "Enemies of the People" for doing their job.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'd say its exrtreme.  Probably felt extreme to the judges to be labelled "Enemies of the People" for doing their job.    

Sounds like your sensibility is a bit fragile and simpering then. Stick to the Guardian and its headlines of the crying emoji making fun of human suffering and depression.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:51 pm

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'd say its exrtreme.  Probably felt extreme to the judges to be labelled "Enemies of the People" for doing their job.    

Sounds like your sensibility is a bit fragile and simpering then. Stick to the Guardian and its headlines of the crying emoji making fun of human suffering and depression.

Ramblings of a mad man

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:53 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Ramblings of a mad man

Yes The Guardian is mad.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:55 pm

super_realist wrote:

Given your permanent outrage at almost anything and how easily you take offence to any counter arguments, I'd suggest that your own sensbility might be the one at breaking point.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:57 pm

No, just sick of being misrepresented and the huge lack of comprehension.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:58 pm

super_realist wrote:No, just sick of being misrepresented and the huge lack of comprehension.

Present your arguments in a more coherent manner and you may not get misrepresented.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 2:59 pm

Its like Laurence Fox is posting on the golf page

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:00 pm

beninho wrote:Its like Laurence Fox is posting on the golf page

He didn't say anything that bad really, typical lefty over reaction.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:02 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:No, just sick of being misrepresented and the huge lack of comprehension.

Present your arguments in a more coherent manner and you may not get misrepresented.

Your the one who couldn't make themselves clear on left and right media representation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:04 pm

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Your the one who couldn't make themselves clear on left and right media representation.

It was you actually not understanding a fairly simple point.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:04 pm

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

You're.

It wasn't a difficult argument to follow, if only you chose to wipe away the red mist.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:05 pm

super_realist wrote:

Didn't he call the ceo of a mental health charity a bad person?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:06 pm

beninho

Soul Requiem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:07 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

That really makes things clear Rolling Eyes

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:11 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

That really makes things clear Rolling Eyes

Child lover. Didnt think diddler would be blocked.

But hey, all normal in sr world

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:17 pm

Ironic that the complainer can think he can sue Fox for being called a p@edophile, whilst simultaneously calling Fox a racist tw@t and not expect the same.
Tit for tat. Unnecessary from both of them, and probably why twitter is such a cesspit.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:20 pm

So, you have no issues with soneone calling you are pfile on a public forum.

Can we just now call you super kiddy fiddler going forward?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:21 pm

beninho wrote:So, you have no issues with soneone calling you are pfile on a public forum.

Yes I would, but then the chump called Fox a racist tw@t so he can't really have it both ways can he?
Actually he defamed Fox first, so makes it even funnier that he thinks he can sue for defamation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:24 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:So, you have no issues with soneone calling you are pfile on a public forum.

Yes I would, but then the chump called Fox a racist tw@t so he can't really have it both ways can he?

You can call someone a racist tw£t if they are acting like a racist twt though.

Surprised you would defend someone calling someone a pfile in front of millions of people. Strange views.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:27 pm

He wasn't though. Nothing he said was racist.
Did you not see the bit when I said neither of them should not be slinging insults? Why do you read so selectively?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Oct 2020, 3:31 pm

super_realist wrote:He wasn't though. Nothing he said was racist.
Did you not see the bit when I said neither of them  should not be slinging insults? Why do you read so selectively?

Did you?

And nothing he said, did you think was racist, difference again. You come from different starting points.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next