The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 - 5 who will, 5 who won't

Go down

2021 - 5 who will, 5 who won't Empty 2021 - 5 who will, 5 who won't

Post by Mr Bounce on Fri 01 Jan 2021, 12:28 pm

Welcome to 2021 - here's hoping it will be a much better year for all, and Boxing will be back - with crowds! Time to do the usual who will/who won't predictions.

5 who will:

1. Ryan Garcia. Genuinely believe that this kid has it all. Yes there's a lot of hype but he's proved it with every obstacle thrown at him. I think he will walk through Luke Campbell.

2. Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. Continues to beat all in front of him. Picks up the IBF belt by practically decapitating Caleb Plant.

3. Tim Tszyu. Gets his WBO shot late in the year and obliterates Teixeira. Definitely a chip off the old block. Wants to set up a unification bout with Jermell Charlo.

4. Josh Taylor. Gets his meaningful 4 belt fight against Ramirez and continues to impress, beating him in a lopsided UD. Hopes for a huge fight against Teofimo Lopez in 2022.

5. Artur Beterbiev continues to chase belts in the Light Heavyweight division and goes after Bivol. Doesn't get him, but knocks out mandatory Fanlong Meng and Deines in brutal fashion. Edit: once he's recovered from Covid!!

5 who wont

1. Andy Ruiz Jr. Has had his moment of glory. Has a couple of fights at close to 280lbs against no-hope opposition. Nobody cares. His trainer leaves him because Fat Andy won't train.

2. Billy Joe Saunders. Makes another stupid video in the build up to a potential Canelo fight - he then doesn't get the fight.

3. Gennadiy Golovkin. Continues to rack up meaningless IBF contender defences. Charlo and Canelo are not interested.

4. Carl Frampton. Quickly realises that he's out of his depth against Jamel Herring and his corner retire him after 8 rounds. Announces his retirement shortly afterwards.

5. Gervonta Davis. On the cusp of landing a superfight against Lopez, gets arrested for starting a brawl outside a bar. Legal issues keep him out of the ring for several months.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

2021 - 5 who will, 5 who won't Empty Re: 2021 - 5 who will, 5 who won't

Post by No name Bertie on Sun 03 Jan 2021, 10:09 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:

5 who will:

1. Ryan Garcia. Genuinely believe that this kid has it all. Yes there's a lot of hype but he's proved it with every obstacle thrown at him. I think he will walk through Luke Campbell...
Impressive from Ryan Garcia.  A big step up in class for him.  Came through a second round knock down.  Stopped Luke Campbell in the seventh - someone who had never been stopped before in his professional career which included a split decision loss against Jorge Linares and a UD loss against Lomachenko.

ps: I hope Andy Ruiz Jr will train and gets back into it. With Deontay Wilder losing there are some big fights for him if he only he is prepared to train for it.   For that matter I hope Deontay sorts his head out and gets back into the ring.  Would like to see how he fares against AJ or maybe a Dylan Whyte - although I think he would win against Whyte.

No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 05 Jan 2021, 3:00 pm

Garcia very confident about Tank Davis fight, maybe that reach be a problem for Davis?

The one I want to see is Davis vs Lopez

Same size, height, reach etc.

Let Garcia build a bit more first

The trouble is Floyd and his safety first obsession- will he let Tank fight anyone? We want see Tank fight quality his own size now

https://youtu.be/zXNO9LS5Sr4

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 05 Jan 2021, 3:01 pm

Garcia look massive for the weight could even end up as high as light middle

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 05 Jan 2021, 3:02 pm

But if he can make it, he can make it so good on him

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 05 Jan 2021, 3:10 pm

Lot of talent between 135 and forty

Look at the quality, in no particular order:

Lopez
Garcia
Haney
Davis(assuming he moves up)
Prograis
Taylor
Mikey(coming down)
And maybe some I’ve missed

Any combination between these lot blockbusters

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 05 Jan 2021, 4:18 pm

Floyd going to block the Lopez fight we already know that

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 05 Jan 2021, 5:22 pm

And I’ll just further add, if Tank does decide to stay at 130 then the Lomachenko becomes a very big fight if the latter moves down

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 05 Jan 2021, 5:34 pm

Tank’ll lose a lot of momentum if he goes for a B fight next while several big fights on the table

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum