The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO)

+47
irfon17
whatahitson
Mr Bounce
Soul Requiem
alive555
Noble-Surfer
LeinsterFan4life
Recwatcher16
Cyril
JDizzle
MonkeyMan
Gooseberry
englishborn
hugehandoff
formerly known as Sam
Collapse2005
Geordie
Sgt_Pooly
king_carlos
Mcsweens
George Carlin
Luckless Pedestrian
Duty281
TheMildlyFranticLlama
R!skysports
flyhalffactory
jimbopip
doctor_grey
BamBam
TightHEAD
chris_501
majesticimperialman
RDW
funnyExiledScot
eirebilly
tigertattie
No 7&1/2
mikey_dragon
Hazel Sapling
BigGee
EST
LordDowlais
TJ
RiscaGame
NeilyBroon
bsando
51 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO) Empty Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO)

Post by bsando Mon 08 Feb 2021, 8:47 am

Scotland vs Wales

Referee: Matthew Carley (England)
Assistant Referee 1: Pascal Gauzere (France)
Assistant Referee 2: Andrea Piardi (Italy)
TMO: Karl Dickson (England)

Teams

Scotland Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO) Outlan10

1 Rory Sutherland
2 George Turner
3 Zander Fagerson
4 Scott Cummings
5 Jonny Gray (Vice Captain)
6 Blade Thomson
7 Hamish Watson
8 Matt Fagerson
9 Ali Price
10 Finn Russell (Vice Captain)
11 Duhan van der Merwe
12 James Lang
13 Chris Harris
14 Darcy Graham
15 Stuart Hogg (Captain)

16 David Cherry
17 Oli Kebble
18 WP Nel
19 Richie Gray
20 Gary Graham
21 Scott Steele
22 Jaco van der Walt
23 Huw Jones

WalesScotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO) Tom_jo10

1 Wyn Jones
2 Ken Owens
3 Tomas Francis
4 Adam Beard
5 Alun Wyn Jones (Captain)
6 Aaron Wainwright
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Taulupe Faletau
9 Gareth Davies
10 Dan Biggar
11 Liam Williams
12 Nick Tompkins
13 Owen Watkin
14 Louis Rees-Zammit
15 Leigh Halfpenny

16 Elliot Dee
17 Rhodri Jones
18 Leon Brown
19 Will Rowlands
20 James Botham
21 Kieran Hardy
22 Callum Sheedy
23 Uilisi Halaholo

Recent Results

2017: SCO 29 - WAL 13
2018: WAL 34 - SCO 7 & WAL 21 - SCO 10
2019: SCO 11 - WAL 18
2020: WAL 10 - SCO 14

Overall
Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO) Screen26

Last edited by bsando on Thu 11 Feb 2021, 1:52 pm; edited 5 times in total

bsando

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO) Empty Re: Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO)

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 08 Feb 2021, 8:51 am

Repeat of 2017 please.

We should win this. The dreaded words no Scottish fan wants to read or hear.

We need to focus on being clinical in the red zone. The players hopefully will regroup quickly and not lose the intensity that was shown against England.

Another tight affair is in the works I feel.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO) Empty Re: Scotland vs Wales (13th Feb, 4.45pm KO)

Post by RiscaGame Mon 08 Feb 2021, 8:52 am

Referee: Matthew Carley (England)

Assistant Referee 1: Pascal Gauzere (France)

Assistant Referee 2: Andrea Piardi (Italy)

TMO: Karl Dickson (England)

RiscaGame

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 08 Feb 2021, 8:55 am

We should win this. The dreaded words no Scottish fan wants to read or hear.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. don't say that

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 08 Feb 2021, 8:59 am

This would've been a big ask for Wales anyway, but the knocks picked up yesterday haven't helped at all. I worry about us in the centre now and think Pivac will go for Watkin to counter Redpath.

I think Wales will not make too many changes, aside from the injured players so;

Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, AWJ, Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau, Gareth Davies, Dan Biggar, Liam Williams, Owen Watkin, George North (if fit), LRZ, Leigh Halfpenny.

Elliot Dee, Rhodri Jones, Leon Brown, Will Rowlands, Aaron Wainwright, Kieran Hardy, Callum Sheedy, Nick Tompkins (if fit).

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 08 Feb 2021, 9:08 am

The Grey bros will make mince meat out of our line out. Crying or Very sad

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 08 Feb 2021, 9:09 am

RiscaGame wrote:This would've been a big ask for Wales anyway, but the knocks picked up yesterday haven't helped at all. I worry about us in the centre now and think Pivac will go for Watkin to counter Redpath.

I think Wales will not make too many changes, aside from the injured players so;

Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, AWJ, Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau, Gareth Davies, Dan Biggar, Liam Williams, Owen Watkin, George North (if fit), LRZ, Leigh Halfpenny.

Elliot Dee, Rhodri Jones, Leon Brown, Will Rowlands, Aaron Wainwright, Kieran Hardy, Callum Sheedy, Nick Tompkins (if fit).

Tell you what, despite the grumbling I've heard from my Welsh mates, that's still a cracking squad of players who will have no fear of travelling to Scotland. They may have a tight turnaround, but no win against Ireland should be sniffed at.

Scotland are in uncharted territory in many ways, how will they react to going into this game as likely favourites - historically that is absolute kryptonite for Scottish sports teams.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 08 Feb 2021, 9:10 am

That still looks like a decent Welsh side to me!

At the moment it is looking like we have a clean bill of health, in which case, I can't see anything other than the same team running out. Maitland and Matt Fagerson were the two slightly contentious picks against England and they both more than justified their selections.

I am never comfortable for being the favourite for a match like this, but i guess if we are going to keep on improving as a team, then it is something that we are going to have to embrace.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 08 Feb 2021, 9:33 am

I was thinking about this Scotland side and other sides in the 6N in recent years. Ireland and Wales both had very good sides in the past five years, both hitting No.1 in the world rankings briefly for a time.

This Scotland team are beginning to look like a side that could get their best performances with the current squad.

Hogg is in great form, Russell has been in great form, Redpath has emerged with a lot of confidence in his performance, DVDM has continued his devastating form at international level, Johnny Gray is playing the best rugby of his career, Hamish Watson has reached his peak, Jamie Ritchie has emerged as a top international player from the RWC, Scott Cummings is becoming a very good player and will only improve, Zander Fagerson is reaching his peak, Sutherland has retuned and become a very good loosehead prop and Kebble as his back up is equally solid, George Turner proved he is more than capable on Saturday and Matt Fagerson had his best performance for Scotland. The leadership group have matured as well and we finally have a captain who is clearly doing a brilliant job at getting his side motivated. We have a lot going for us at the moment and only a handful of injuries.

I think this it! Scotland have built a good side and they have a couple of seasons now to make the most of it. I'm not saying they'll win a Grand Slam but this is the best opportunity they've had to win one in their 6 Nations history.

No disrespect to Wales fans but I think this Scotland side should win on Saturday and I'll be very disappointed if they don't. Wales are a quality side and have some some great talent but Scotland are just a couple of steps ahead of where Wales are at the moment. It is time for Scotland to embrace the favourites tag and enjoy it. Perform to their ability and they have the firepower to beat Wales this Saturday.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 08 Feb 2021, 10:38 am

Weird to think that Scotland enter this with no injuries, a collectively excellent performance against a good side and nothing obvious to work on except for kicking from the tee (and even that was not awful considering the conditions).

I think we will have to continue with the short kicks to get past the Wales blitz and one thing I would like to see more of is DVDM coming in to find work. He is such a devastating runner and we should be testing Biggar and LRZ's shoulders. We need to be more clinical as 11 points is rarely going to prove enough to win and one bounce of the ball can change the result.

I can't see us replicating the performance and winning every single battle across the park. Our lineout is unlikely to be perfect off 15 or whatever it was. The penalty count is likely to be more even than 15-6. We are not going to have c. 75% possession with territory in the first half. It should not matter if we are a bit more clinical and maintain the defensive intensity.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:30 am

I've been reading a book recently called 'Thinking, Fast and Slow', it's all about human decision making, biases and fallibility in our logic. There is a chapter devoted to the well known statistical phenomenon of the regression towards the mean, namely that if you get an extreme example of a sample point (a complete performance, away against your oldest rivals who you haven't beaten in 38 years, for example), then future samples will be closer to the mean....I can't help feel we are really going to have to go some to reach the levels we did on the weekend.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:32 am

LordDowlais wrote:The Grey bros will make mince meat out of our line out. Crying or Very sad

Why are they good jumpers? AWJ and Beard are in good form. We could also counter it by adding another lineout martial to the back-row (Cory Hill) but Pivac doesn't like him.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:33 am

Yeah it's going to be tough for Scotland to have a near perfect performance like last weekend haha. Wales are a different beast but equally physical as we saw yesterday. Some massive hits coming in.

I agree and like the idea of DVDM coming in for more work. Did anyone see his huge carry while Scotland were battering England's line? It went back for a penalty after England got a turnover but DVDM made like 5m at close quarters. He should be picking going with the forwards when the ball comes to his side. He's like an extra no.8.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:35 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:The Grey bros will make mince meat out of our line out. Crying or Very sad

Why are they good jumpers? AWJ and Beard are in good form. We could also counter it by adding another lineout martial to the back-row (Cory Hill) but Pivac doesn't like him.

Just judging it on the way our line out has been going lately. Jimmy Cranky and Warrick Davies would probably do a job on our line out as well the way we are with it at the minute.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:44 am

Isn't there a stat that AWJ didn't take one lineout or something, this weekend? It did seem to be largely Beard and Tipuric. I think we have enough options in the lineout though, with Tipuric and Faletau more than capable too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:49 am

It's an area of concern since Pivac has been in charge that is for sure. Like you have said though, we have the players there, but we just cannot seem to get it right.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:51 am

bsando wrote:Yeah it's going to be tough for Scotland to have a near perfect performance like last weekend haha. Wales are a different beast but equally physical as we saw yesterday. Some massive hits coming in.

I agree and like the idea of DVDM coming in for more work. Did anyone see his huge carry while Scotland were battering England's line? It went back for a penalty after England got a turnover but DVDM made like 5m at close quarters. He should be picking going with the forwards when the ball comes to his side. He's like an extra no.8.

Yeah, was that the one where he swatted away Billy V?  He is just an unbelievable physical specimen - lighting quick, 6'4" and built like a no.8, hugely powerful in contact.  Not many players could have finished his chance... brushed off Daly, bounced Farrell and carried Mark Wilson over the line.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:55 am

EST wrote:
bsando wrote:Yeah it's going to be tough for Scotland to have a near perfect performance like last weekend haha. Wales are a different beast but equally physical as we saw yesterday. Some massive hits coming in.

Yeah, was that the one where he swatted away Billy V?  He is just an unbelievable physical specimen - lighting quick, 6'4" and built like a no.8, hugely powerful in contact.  Not many players could have finished his chance... brushed off Daly, bounced Farrell and carried Mark Wilson over the line.

Mark Wilson is a really good player as well. Had a poor game on Saturday but not easily beaten in defence.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:59 am

RiscaGame wrote:Isn't there a stat that AWJ didn't take one lineout or something, this weekend? It did seem to be largely Beard and Tipuric. I think we have enough options in the lineout though, with Tipuric and Faletau more than capable too.

He can do it, as he can pretty much do everything being the world class player that he is. They must have been told who the two lineout jumpers were. Rowlands and obviously Hill are good in that area too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 08 Feb 2021, 12:02 pm

bsando wrote:
EST wrote:

Mark Wilson is a really good player as well. Had a poor game on Saturday but not easily beaten in defence.

Daly should be making the tackle though. And Mark Wilson, decent player nothing more and should be stopping him also.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 08 Feb 2021, 12:09 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
bsando wrote:
EST wrote:

Daly should be making the tackle though. And Mark Wilson, decent player nothing more and should be stopping him also.

Yeah, they all tried to go too high on him - for those who watch him regularly it's no surprise he broke at least the first tackle - his stats for Edinburgh are off the charts. I saw in the replay that Farrell tried his usual no arms shoulder charge, was lucky it wasn't picked up.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 08 Feb 2021, 12:26 pm

EST wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
bsando wrote:
EST wrote:

Yeah, they all tried to go too high on him - for those who watch him regularly it's no surprise he broke at least the first tackle - his stats for Edinburgh are off the charts. I saw in the replay that Farrell tried his usual no arms shoulder charge, was lucky it wasn't picked up.

You got a dodgy tv set then as that was just a useless tackle but involved arms.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 08 Feb 2021, 12:28 pm

EST wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
bsando wrote:
EST wrote:

Yeah, they all tried to go too high on him - for those who watch him regularly it's no surprise he broke at least the first tackle - his stats for Edinburgh are off the charts.  I saw in the replay that Farrell tried his usual no arms shoulder charge, was lucky it wasn't picked up.

Was more just a weak attempt at a tackle from Farrell. There was no real effort behind it at all as I think he initially over-ran DTH. He was high and on the wrong side so more tried to body check DTH really.

Before that though it looked like Lawrence was taking on the no arms mantle in the England 12 jersey when he chopped turner just before Scotland's opening penalty. Went really low and didnt look like there were arms involved, never saw a replay and we go a penaltry soon after for another penalty, perhaps the ref saw it and was playing advantage at the time?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 08 Feb 2021, 12:36 pm

https://twitter.com/rugby_ap/status/1358360514317975552

Always worse in picture form, but not a great deal of arms involved in that

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 08 Feb 2021, 12:40 pm

As ever watch the video rather than still images and all the angles too! Theres always things like this: I remember the recent farrell has spat on a welsh player on the floor and also an england player throwing dirt in the eyes of a player in the scrum. Both nothing. Anyway I'll stop in this thread as its england!

Plus though I'd seen that Cronje guy before has quite an unhealthy thing for england.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 08 Feb 2021, 12:47 pm

Wales are a decent side but the transition from Gatland to Pivac is not working as well as it probably should. For Wales to win, they need to start a 10 that can manage the game much better than Biggar, his game management has dropped remarkably the last 2 years.

Pivac also needs to drill a game plan into the Welsh as currently, i cant see what their game plan is...

Scotland will be very pumped up after beating England and will be very hard to beat.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 08 Feb 2021, 2:59 pm

eirebilly wrote:Pivac also needs to drill a game plan into the Welsh as currently, i cant see what their game plan is...

This is Wales, in a nutshell.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Mon 08 Feb 2021, 4:57 pm

I suspect there'll be a different motivation for the players on Saturday too - for the last 20 years Scottish rugby fans have had a quadrennial whinge about the fact none of our players get on the Lions tour. There is no greater source of bafflement for us than why our players don't get picked ahead of the players that beat them every time. With Gatland watching the Scotland players will want to ram home the message that they're ahead of some of their Welsh counterparts this time around.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 08 Feb 2021, 5:39 pm

The key for Scotland will be to reset this week and start afresh on Saturday. We've not been good at backing up performances in the past, so let's just home everyone stays fully focused and grounded on the task in hand.

This isn't a great Welsh side, but there's still plenty for us to worry about. They have a much better goal kicker (in fact two of them), and Wyn Jones and Francis can scrummage. I'm not expecting scrum dominance. Yes, the Welsh lineout isn't functioning but they'll be working hard on that this week. They have great attacking options at 9, and Biggar will be combative at 10 - the Russell hype will fire him up big time.

I think we are the better (and more settled) side, but we have to make sure that we stay focused and grounded, and remember the basics of what made us so good against England.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Feb 2021, 9:28 pm

For me it's just about winning at all costs - I don't really care how we do it. This is the 6N, not an autumn test or summer tour when you can afford to open up a bit.

Wales' most recent Grand Slam attests to that - they were stodgy at best at the start of the championship but found a way to win those games. They then grew in confidence and ultimately smashed Ireland at the end.

I agree that we can only look one game at a time as, whilst we'll be favourites for Saturday, Wales are more than capable of beating us. I do think we'll struggle to meet the same heights as the England game but with the right gameplan and attitude that shouldn't matter.

We did still make a few mistakes against England and were very lucky in getting away with it - who knows if that would have completely changed the outcome of the game. Price's chargedown, Russell's ridiculous dropgoal - we can't do any of these things against Wales.

Our lineout needs to carry on functioning at near perfect levels, as in the current game retaining possession and territory is king.

One things for sure I suspect this game will have a lot of kicking!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Feb 2021, 9:02 am

123456789. wrote:There is no greater source of bafflement for us than why our players don't get picked ahead of the players that beat them every time.

Except that has not been the case for Scotland for the past decade or so. But I think Scotland will take Wales to the cleaners on Saturday.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 09 Feb 2021, 12:19 pm

Any injury updates for us?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 09 Feb 2021, 12:32 pm

I think there is a press conference at 1330.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Feb 2021, 12:40 pm

I know you don't like it, but WOL are running with the press conference:-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-rugby-press-conference-live-19798785

Live minutes from it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Tue 09 Feb 2021, 12:41 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
123456789. wrote:There is no greater source of bafflement for us than why our players don't get picked ahead of the players that beat them every time.

Except that has not been the case for Scotland for the past decade or so. But I think Scotland will take Wales to the cleaners on Saturday.

Apologies I was being a tad flippant, my point was that in Lions years (maybe 2017 aside) we tend to get humped by the other home nations and then whinge when our players don't get picked. I am a repeat offender - see 2013 and 2017 threads - and will be again this year if we don't have at least 33 players on the tour.

I do have an overwhelming sense of dread. Wales were up against it and have finally got a result, albeit against an uninspired Irish team with 14 men. You also have genuine rugby legends in your ranks. Guys like Faletau, AWJ, George North, Davies and Leigh Halfpenny are brilliant, brilliant players who have had excellent careers. Faleatu in particular worries me. The fact that Vunipola seems to have been eating for three gaves us a chance to get on the front foot last saturday. They don't become bad players over night. Equally, we will be the favourites going into this. The bookies have us at very, very short odds. That does not really happen for Scotland. The difference I would say last week was a mindset one and that bodes well for next week but we're still not good at being favourites.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Feb 2021, 12:46 pm

123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Apologies I was being a tad flippant, my point was that in Lions years (maybe 2017 aside) we tend to get humped by the other home nations and then whinge when our players don't get picked. I am a repeat offender - see 2013 and 2017 threads - and will be again this year if we don't have at least 33 players on the tour.

I do have an overwhelming sense of dread. Wales were up against it and have finally got a result, albeit against an uninspired Irish team with 14 men. You also have genuine rugby legends in your ranks. Guys like Faletau, AWJ, George North, Davies and Leigh Halfpenny are brilliant, brilliant players who have had excellent careers. Faleatu in particular worries me. The fact that Vunipola seems to have been eating for three gaves us a chance to get on the front foot last saturday. They don't become bad players over night. Equally, we will be the favourites going into this. The bookies have us at very, very short odds. That does not really happen for Scotland. The difference I would say last week was a mindset one and that bodes well for next week but we're still not good at being favourites.

Fair enough response that, I can only agree with you, but I still think it will be a long day for us on Saturday, your forwards will have a field day with us on Saturday.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Tue 09 Feb 2021, 12:52 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Fair enough response that, I can only agree with you, but I still think it will be a long day for us on Saturday, your forwards will have a field day with us on Saturday.

Nope nope nope.

You'll be putting a pack out with AWJ, Faletau, Navidi and Tipuric. You don't get to play underdogs with us.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Feb 2021, 1:08 pm

123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Nope nope nope.

You'll be putting a pack out with AWJ, Faletau, Navidi and Tipuric. You don't get to play underdogs with us.

As I have said earlier, you can put Jimmy Cranky in your second row and still give us problems in the line out.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2021, 1:22 pm

123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Nope nope nope.

But AWJ is sh*t, yeah? Not fit to lace the boots of <insert 10 other B&I locks ahead of him> ! That’s how the chat usually goes! Very Happy Wink Hug

For what it’s worth I do think AWJ is a bit past it but then he goes and has a very good game like he did against Ireland with some ‘dominant tackles’, as the kids like to say these days, and then I’m not so sure he’s past it!

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Tue 09 Feb 2021, 1:34 pm

The Oracle wrote:
123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Nope nope nope.

But AWJ is sh*t, yeah? Not fit to lace the boots of <insert 10 other B&I locks ahead of him> ! That’s how the chat usually goes! Very Happy Wink Hug

For what it’s worth I do think AWJ is a bit past it but then he goes and has a very good game like he did against Ireland with some ‘dominant tackles’, as the kids like to say these days, and then I’m not so sure he’s past it!

He's not as good as once was that's for certain. Two years ago he and Itoje were head and shoulders above the rest. I'd say they've both dropped back/ been caught up by Ryan, Gray, Cummings and Henderson. Equally I think Lawes has utterly dropped off the pace and Kruis has left the picture. The question is whether AWJ has dropped behind those players, which I'm not sure he has, and whether he has sufficiently dropped off the players that his experience and leadership don't still swing it for him, which seems unlikely. If the Lions take five Locks as they did in 2017, then, for argument's sake, I would say AWJ brings more as a fourth or fifth choice than many other players.

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 09 Feb 2021, 1:36 pm

The Oracle wrote:
123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
123456789. wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Nope nope nope.

I don't watch him religiously week in week out, but would it be fair to say that AWJ's game has improved since the last Lions tour? To my mind, he has become more physically dominant than he used to be, although that could just be my own perception.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 09 Feb 2021, 2:10 pm

It seems the rest did help AWJ a lot, if Sunday is anything to go by. Hell of an engine on the bloke.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Feb 2021, 2:24 pm

Taken from WOL wrote:Dan Lydiate has been released from the Wales Six Nations squad after suffering a serious knee injury.

Lydiate will be replaced in the squad, with official confirmation of new personnel expected after Covid-19 test results have been received.

Tomos Williams, Johnny Williams and Hallam Amos have all been ruled out of the Scotland game.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 09 Feb 2021, 2:59 pm

Shame for Lydiate, now the ACL is confirmed. I hope he gets the chance to play again, given his age. Was a great story, him earning his spot again.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Feb 2021, 3:25 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Shame for Lydiate, now the ACL is confirmed. I hope he gets the chance to play again, given his age. Was a great story, him earning his spot again.

Yep, big loss for Wales, and a bigger loss for Ospreys. Game turned when he went off on Sunday.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2021, 8:13 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Shame for Lydiate, now the ACL is confirmed. I hope he gets the chance to play again, given his age. Was a great story, him earning his spot again.

Yep, big loss for Wales, and a bigger loss for Ospreys. Game turned when he went off on Sunday.

After 10 minutes?!

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 09 Feb 2021, 8:16 pm

I think there are about to be three Cardiff Blues players called up.

I think he has called up Lloyd Williams over Rhys Webb Shocked and I think he will probably call up Halaholo now. I would also guess Botham, but it could easily be SLH.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 09 Feb 2021, 8:26 pm

Why the f**k would he call up Lloyd? He has the worst passing of them all. Clueless Pivac.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 09 Feb 2021, 8:52 pm

I am looking forward to this game. both teams did not olay that great in 2020
but both teams won their opening games, so will be interesting too see who wins this game when you see how many injuries Wales came away with.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 09 Feb 2021, 9:11 pm

BBC are running with those three players now.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next