The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

+41
Samo
Brendan
westisbest
Heaf
BamBam
Old Man
RiscaGame
formerly known as Sam
Jimmy Moz
king_carlos
chris_501
funnyExiledScot
Luckless Pedestrian
CaptainHaddock
sensisball
George Carlin
doctor_grey
Hazel Sapling
Noble-Surfer
No9
R!skysports
Highland Shaun
Cyril
flyhalffactory
No 7&1/2
jimbopip
NeilyBroon
BigGee
EST
Oakdene
TJ
TheMildlyFranticLlama
mikey_dragon
RDW
Anglobraveheart
whatahitson
Collapse2005
TightHEAD
majesticimperialman
tigertattie
bsando
45 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) - Page 8 Empty France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by bsando Sun 21 Mar 2021, 5:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

France vs Scotland

Stade de France
Friday 26th of March 2021
KO: 20:00
Referee: Wayne "Barnesy" Barnes (England)
TV Coverage: Live on BBC

Teams

France
15-Brice Dulin, 14-Damian Penaud, 13-Virimi Vakatawa, 12-Arthur Vincent, 11-Gael Fickou, 10-Romain Ntamack, 9-Antoine Dupont; 1-Cyril Baille, 2- Julien Marchand, 3-Mohamed Haouas, 4- Bernard Le Roux, 5-Swan Rebbadj, 6-Anthony Jelonch, Charles Ollivon (capt), 8-Gregory Alldritt.

Replacements: 16-Camille Chat, 17-Jean-Baptiste Gros, 18-Uini Atonio, 19-Romain Taofifenua, 20-Dylan Cretin, 21-Baptiste Serin, 22-Anthony Bouthier, 23-Teddy Thomas.

Scotland
15-Stuart Hogg (capt), 14-Darcy Graham, 13-Chris Harris, 12-Sam Johnson, 11-Duhan van der Merwe, 10-Finn Russell, 9-Ali Price; 1-Rory Sutherland, 2-George Turner, 3-Zander Fagerson, 4-Sam Skinner, 5-Grant Gilchrist, 6-Jamie Ritchie, 7-Hamish Watson, 8-Matt Fagerson

Replacements: 16-Dave Cherry, 17-Oli Kebble, 18-Simon Berghan, 19-Alex Craig, 20-Nick Haining, 21-Scott Steele, 22-Adam Hastings, 23-Huw Jones

The fate of Welsh rugby being in Scottish hands is the big talking point after a dramatic and gut wrenching end to Wales Grand Slam hopes. You can read about all the possible title winning scenarios by following this link >>> https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/2021/03/21/scenarios-how-the-guinness-six-nations-title-will-be-decided-by-france-v-scotland/

Scotland

It's a tournament that started so promisingly. A chance of winning a 6N title, ultimately coming down to a tap tackle on DVDM against Wales. Had Scotland won that match and gained 5 points with a BP last gasp score, Scots fans could have been tuning in to watch their team fight it out with France for the title themselves this weekend, even after losing to Ireland at home.

For Scottish fans it is still a crucial match for the following reasons...

The opportunity for Scotland to finish 2nd for the first time in Six Nations history (Our best result being 3rd in 2001, 2006, 2013 and 2018)

The possibility of a first away win to France since 1999

Scottish Lions selection

And on a secondary note, a good win could put Hogg in contention for Player of the Championship for a third time (equalling Brian O'Driscoll's record).

Stats from the 2021 Six Nations

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/overview/?FixGuid=20FS4243#overview

France and Scotland have very similar statistics after four matches played. Both teams have scored 15 tries a piece, both have made a similar amount of line breaks and scrums and turnovers won. France have a slightly higher return rate per visit to the opposition 22 than Scotland do and nine more dominant tackles. Scotland have a better defensive record with less tackles missed.

Last edited by bsando on Wed 24 Mar 2021, 10:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

bsando

Back to top Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) - Page 8 Empty Re: France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by TJ Sun 28 Mar 2021, 10:17 am

We should probably put a list up of the various names for HighlandShaun - or best done by PM so as to continue to baffle whatsisface?

TJ

Back to top Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) - Page 8 Empty Re: France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sun 28 Mar 2021, 12:47 pm

Congratulations on the Scottish win, but how disappointing are France? Like a lot of their past teams this one just don’t seem to have the mentality to win a competition. I was reliably informed that they had pencilled in the next RWC – but no chance. Beaten by a struggling England. And throwing away a perfectly acceptable win to Scotland. For them the championship was long gone by the death, but show some pride (and professionalism) and take the win at home fgs. At 81 minutes, 3 points up, on their own 5m line - boot the ball out and go for a drink.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Sun 28 Mar 2021, 6:16 pm

It's a false dawn for France at the moment. All the signs were there in 2020 that they're still mentally weak but not many people wanted to hear it. They can improve though, there's still a lot of room for growth. They can learn to win between now and 2023 but they really have to start by winning the 2022 six nations. I wouldn't read too much in to that final game for either side. It's fair to say Scotland were incredibly fortuitous with their tries, not for the first time in the championship, and France gave up in the last 10 minutes to the point they forgot it was a good idea to just win the game even if they couldn't win the tournament. They've had 3 chances to win the 3 trophies since the 2019 world cup and they've shown mental weakness all 3 times. This year was probably their best showing as Banes really did give them an uphill battle but Barnes didn't botch the lineout before half time, Barnes didn't fail to give the try scoring pass to the winger while Hogg was off the pitch. However unlikely a 22 point margin of victory was, France had the opportunity to be 10-20 points up with 45 minutes played in this game and they failed. They have to learn how to win, what it really takes, otherwise it's going to be a typical France in 2023.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 28 Mar 2021, 6:48 pm

Who is Waldorf and who is Sadler?

I don’t have tash if that makes a difference

But aye, I’ve been referring to young mbawsa since he came on the scene at the library

Someone has definitely called his stoutness the good ship grimpleton. My apologies if it wasn’t a jimboism, it does certainly sound like one of yours.

Lastly, I didn’t need to remember to put the clock forward last night gramps. I have a smart phone and it does it automatically. The central heating also does it itself. I’m up on all the new tech coz I’m a Gen X/millennial. Not part of the the baby boomer brigade Hug with all yer wind up watches and grandfather clocks kiss

Ps I didn’t need to move the clock forward on the oven as it had been wrong for the last 6 months. Now it’s back to being correct.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 28 Mar 2021, 8:10 pm

tigertattie wrote:Who is Waldorf and who is Sadler?

I don’t have tash if that makes a difference

But aye, I’ve been referring to young mbawsa since he came on the scene at the library

Someone has definitely called his stoutness the good ship grimpleton. My apologies if it wasn’t a jimboism, it does certainly sound like one of yours.

Lastly, I didn’t need to remember to put the clock forward last night gramps. I have a smart phone and it does it automatically. The central heating also does it itself. I’m up on all the new tech coz I’m a Gen X/millennial. Not part of the the baby boomer brigade Hug with all yer wind up watches and grandfather clocks kiss

Ps I didn’t need to move the clock forward on the oven as it had been wrong for the last 6 months. Now it’s back to being correct.
In countless studies, wind up watches correlate to male virility.  The more you wind, the more you bind.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 28 Mar 2021, 9:11 pm

Ian Brew referred to Nick Grigg as being a pocket battleship..in fact a Battleship Griggtempkin. This was a blatant attempt to make us think he had stayed awake through Sergei Eisensteine's masterpiece Battleship Potemkin.of course that was in the days before he got loved up.Now he spends all his time restoring the plaster work on the Hagia Sophia .." Those cracks won't fill themselves" were his exact words.
Changing the clock was no hassle; resiting the sundial was a bugger.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 28 Mar 2021, 9:22 pm

Ahhhh how I miss the Hagia Sophia

I mean bru. I miss bru
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 28 Mar 2021, 11:52 pm

tigertattie wrote:Ahhhh how I miss the Hagia Sophia

I mean bru. I miss bru
I used to know a hag named Sophia. I liked Bru better. Can't get that here.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8