The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

+41
Samo
Brendan
westisbest
Heaf
BamBam
Old Man
RiscaGame
formerly known as Sam
Jimmy Moz
king_carlos
chris_501
funnyExiledScot
Luckless Pedestrian
CaptainHaddock
sensisball
George Carlin
doctor_grey
Hazel Sapling
Noble-Surfer
No9
R!skysports
Highland Shaun
Cyril
flyhalffactory
No 7&1/2
jimbopip
NeilyBroon
BigGee
EST
Oakdene
TJ
TheMildlyFranticLlama
mikey_dragon
RDW
Anglobraveheart
whatahitson
Collapse2005
TightHEAD
majesticimperialman
tigertattie
bsando
45 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) - Page 2 Empty France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by bsando Sun 21 Mar 2021, 5:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

France vs Scotland

Stade de France
Friday 26th of March 2021
KO: 20:00
Referee: Wayne "Barnesy" Barnes (England)
TV Coverage: Live on BBC

Teams

France
15-Brice Dulin, 14-Damian Penaud, 13-Virimi Vakatawa, 12-Arthur Vincent, 11-Gael Fickou, 10-Romain Ntamack, 9-Antoine Dupont; 1-Cyril Baille, 2- Julien Marchand, 3-Mohamed Haouas, 4- Bernard Le Roux, 5-Swan Rebbadj, 6-Anthony Jelonch, Charles Ollivon (capt), 8-Gregory Alldritt.

Replacements: 16-Camille Chat, 17-Jean-Baptiste Gros, 18-Uini Atonio, 19-Romain Taofifenua, 20-Dylan Cretin, 21-Baptiste Serin, 22-Anthony Bouthier, 23-Teddy Thomas.

Scotland
15-Stuart Hogg (capt), 14-Darcy Graham, 13-Chris Harris, 12-Sam Johnson, 11-Duhan van der Merwe, 10-Finn Russell, 9-Ali Price; 1-Rory Sutherland, 2-George Turner, 3-Zander Fagerson, 4-Sam Skinner, 5-Grant Gilchrist, 6-Jamie Ritchie, 7-Hamish Watson, 8-Matt Fagerson

Replacements: 16-Dave Cherry, 17-Oli Kebble, 18-Simon Berghan, 19-Alex Craig, 20-Nick Haining, 21-Scott Steele, 22-Adam Hastings, 23-Huw Jones

The fate of Welsh rugby being in Scottish hands is the big talking point after a dramatic and gut wrenching end to Wales Grand Slam hopes. You can read about all the possible title winning scenarios by following this link >>> https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/2021/03/21/scenarios-how-the-guinness-six-nations-title-will-be-decided-by-france-v-scotland/

Scotland

It's a tournament that started so promisingly. A chance of winning a 6N title, ultimately coming down to a tap tackle on DVDM against Wales. Had Scotland won that match and gained 5 points with a BP last gasp score, Scots fans could have been tuning in to watch their team fight it out with France for the title themselves this weekend, even after losing to Ireland at home.

For Scottish fans it is still a crucial match for the following reasons...

The opportunity for Scotland to finish 2nd for the first time in Six Nations history (Our best result being 3rd in 2001, 2006, 2013 and 2018)

The possibility of a first away win to France since 1999

Scottish Lions selection

And on a secondary note, a good win could put Hogg in contention for Player of the Championship for a third time (equalling Brian O'Driscoll's record).

Stats from the 2021 Six Nations

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/overview/?FixGuid=20FS4243#overview

France and Scotland have very similar statistics after four matches played. Both teams have scored 15 tries a piece, both have made a similar amount of line breaks and scrums and turnovers won. France have a slightly higher return rate per visit to the opposition 22 than Scotland do and nine more dominant tackles. Scotland have a better defensive record with less tackles missed.

Last edited by bsando on Wed 24 Mar 2021, 10:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

bsando

Back to top Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) - Page 2 Empty Re: France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by whatahitson Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:29 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
whatahitson wrote:Maitland looked notably upset when he was taken off around 50 minutes for VDW, with Hogg moving to 15.

Now he's not in the 29 man squad.

Any rumours of a bust up or harsh words after the Italy game between player and coach(es)? Or is this just natural rotation of the team in a meaningless game where Townsend can have a look at Hastings for the first time for a while?

It won't be Maitland's Lions chances any good, that's for sure.

Strewth "meaningless game"  picard

1. The difference between 2nd and 4th place is £1.5m
2. There is ranking points
3. There's potentially our best ever finish
4. There is potential Lions places up for grabs

1. The players/coaches don't feel the immediate benefit of that money.
2. The world cup draw has already been made. Irrelevant.
3. Again, pointless. Players aren't motivated by this sort of thing. That's the nonsense thy tell the press but it's not what's going to drive them on in the final 10 minutes of a test match.
4. There's also Lions places to be lost if they get injured by trying too hard to stop a rampant French team. There's more to lose than to gain in terms of Lions hopes. If they haven't impressed Gatland by now one game isn't likely to sway him. However a long term injury guarantees you're not going. In terms of risk/reward, the risks are far greater.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!) - Page 2 Empty Re: France vs Scotland (Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!)

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:33 pm

i can understand Maitland being out of the squad if he went off injured on Saturday. but he was simply subed wasn't he?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:34 pm

Gentlemen! I rest my case.

It's extremely heavy; it's got tigertattie's sandwiches in it.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:48 pm

Anglobraveheart wrote:
TJ wrote:if that limit is true then its a disgrace and the SRU should not accept it
Sorry TJ, I can't see an actual limit (probably due to seniorness and lack of Twitter skills). Are you able to interpret for me please?
Much as Darcy and Duan have their strengths, it's just wrong that we go into this match without SM available for the back 3 either to start or bench. It stinks.

Think tj is responding to my link to Andrew cotter saying there is a limit on picking Scottish players playing in the English leagues.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:51 pm

The mask slipping again eh Rolling Eyes

whatahitson wrote:1. The players/coaches don't feel the immediate benefit of that money.
3. Again, pointless. Players aren't motivated by this sort of thing. That's the nonsense thy tell the press but it's not what's going to drive them on in the final 10 minutes of a test match.
4. There's also Lions places to be lost if they get injured by trying too hard to stop a rampant French team. There's more to lose than to gain in terms of Lions hopes. If they haven't impressed Gatland by now one game isn't likely to sway him. However a long term injury guarantees you're not going. In terms of risk/reward, the risks are far greater.

1. Your opinion.
2. Your opinion.
3. Your opinion.
4. Your opinion.

Whilst you seem to think they are worth a lot more, I think your opinions on this subject are naf. I also expect the players and coaches will wholeheartedly disagree with you. If they agree then I imagine there'll be a few resignations tomorrow.

mikey_dragon

Luckless Pedestrian, flyhalffactory and No 7&1/2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:53 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
whatahitson wrote:I think France will get the job done.

Scotland have nothing to play for.

What!.....We can get 2nd place which will be the best we will have done in the 6Ns and the next step to winning it next year

Yeah that would suggest Scotland have improved so I would agree it is not a meaningless game. Beating France away is definitely something that is good to try and build upon. I doubt any pro player heads into a match for their country and says "oh darn I'm about to play another meaningless game."

mikey_dragon

flyhalffactory likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:02 pm

jimbopip wrote:Gentlemen!  I rest my case.

Someone mention sandwiches?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:11 pm

So yes, back to the talking point.

Are we saying the agreement to release players is the equivalent to a fantasy league budget where we were given a pot of x £s to spend and we need to choose which players to buy?

If that’s the case then it’s games a bogie. Despite outlandish claims that it’s a meaningless game for Scotland (every international game should mean something), to go into this game with one arm tied behind your back reeks of stacking the deck against you.

If Scotland cannot get access to every single player then the game should not be played at this time. If it then cannot be played at a future date for whatever reason then France should forfeit the game and if that means they can’t win the title they have only themselves to blame.
tigertattie
tigertattie

No 7&1/2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:18 pm

tigertattie wrote:So yes, back to the talking point.

Are we saying the agreement to release players is the equivalent to a fantasy league budget where we were given a pot of x £s to spend and we need to choose which players to buy?

If that’s the case then it’s games a bogie. Despite outlandish claims that it’s a meaningless game for Scotland (every international game should mean something), to go into this game with one arm tied behind your back reeks of stacking the deck against you.

If Scotland cannot get access to every single player then the game should not be played at this time. If it then cannot be played at a future date for whatever reason then France should forfeit the game and if that means they can’t win the title they have only themselves to blame.

Why should it be France whoo for fit the game?

If Scotland cannot get full access to all their players, it is not France's fault is it?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:23 pm

BigGee wrote:There has been a plague of mice as well

They are hoping the floods will drown them all!

Just remind me why do people want to go and live in Australia?

I'd say for the weather but I don't think that's really the case right now!

BRB - I'm off to fight off a spider infestation in the garage

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:32 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
tigertattie wrote:So yes, back to the talking point.

Why should it be France whoo for fit the game?

If Scotland cannot get full access to all their players, it is not France's fault is it?

Yes because it was Frances fault the game could not be played on the correct date

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:33 pm

Back - feck me those buggers put up a fight!

Regarding the squad selection, I'm pretty confident a large part of that was driven by the cost of compensation. The rugby journos on Twitter are saying we could only pick 5 as not enough compensation was paid to PRL, so we had to cut our cloth accordingly.

I'm glad the game is being played but we've been bent over here, and none of it was our fault.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:41 pm

The game needs to be played unfortunately. It is not doing anyone any favours in delaying it till the autumn like last time and there are no more gaps in the calendar.

We have been shafted here no doubt but we will just have to use that as motivation.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:59 pm

Any perceived ‘unfairness’ needs to be laid squarely at the door of the 6 Nations Committee who have been pretty lax at preparing any kind of contingency plan for postponed matches.

You also have to wonder why the Scottish Rugby Union appear not to have our any agreements in place given they rely so heavily on foreign clubs paying their player’s wages. Houses need to be put in order and it’s not like this wasn’t a significant possibility. I’m surprised more games weren’t called off to be honest.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:04 pm

Cyril wrote:Any perceived ‘unfairness’ needs to be laid squarely at the door of the 6 Nations Committee who have been pretty lax at preparing any kind of contingency plan for postponed matches.

You also have to wonder why the Scottish Rugby Union appear not to have our any agreements in place given they rely so heavily on foreign clubs paying their player’s wages. Houses need to be put in order and it’s not like this wasn’t a significant possibility. I’m surprised more games weren’t called off to be honest.

A good point - it's staggering that this eventuality wasn't planned for by the 6N organisers. There's no denying that France failed to control their bubble however, and that appears to have been swept under the carpet up to the highest level in French rugby.

On the 2nd paragraph, I'm guessing it's because it's not up to individual Unions to agree player releases for the 6N? i.e. that is all done through the 6N committee. I could be wrong though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:10 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Anglobraveheart wrote:
TJ wrote:if that limit is true then its a disgrace and the SRU should not accept it
Sorry TJ, I can't see an actual limit (probably due to seniorness and lack of Twitter skills). Are you able to interpret for me please?
Much as Darcy and Duan have their strengths, it's just wrong that we go into this match without SM available for the back 3 either to start or bench. It stinks.

Think tj is responding to my link to Andrew cotter saying there is a limit on picking Scottish players playing in the English leagues.
7 1/2, I thank you.
It was my seniorness after all, as I suspected.
I just read it as being a financial limit (even though there was no mention of money in the article) without rationalizing that it was a player quota.
Stinks either way though.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:16 pm

RDW wrote:
Cyril wrote:Any perceived ‘unfairness’ needs to be laid squarely at the door of the 6 Nations Committee who have been pretty lax at preparing any kind of contingency plan for postponed matches.

A good point - it's staggering that this eventuality wasn't planned for by the 6N organisers. There's no denying that France failed to control their bubble however, and that appears to have been swept under the carpet up to the highest level in French rugby.

On the 2nd paragraph, I'm guessing it's because it's not up to individual Unions to agree player releases for the 6N? i.e. that is all done through the 6N committee. I could be wrong though.

The game days are considered international windows, so everyone has to release.

As everyone else has said, amazing that no contingency was made for this kind of event happening, it was almost inevitable.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:18 pm

Maitland will be gutted - he'll know he's not got long left in s Scotland jersey. This was likely his last chance to play in Paris.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:35 pm

It’s a bit of a grey area what is considered the ‘international window’ when postponed dates are agreed though?

While I agree that it may be not up to individual unions to agree release surely those more in danger of being marginalised should have been pushing the agenda?

Finally, on France, if they have been lax and ‘brushing it under the carpet’ why haven’t the 6 Nations stepped in?

All these just questons. Guess i’m just a bit sick of the clubs (and PRL in general) been seen as the big bad wolf when they’re suffering as much as anyone during the current climate and shouldn’t carry the can for bad planning.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:43 pm

Cyril wrote:It’s a bit of a grey area what is considered the ‘international window’ when postponed dates are agreed though?

While I agree that it may be not up to individual unions to agree release surely those more in danger of being marginalised should have been pushing the agenda?

Finally, on France, if they have been lax and ‘brushing it under the carpet’ why haven’t the 6 Nations stepped in?

All these just questons. Guess i’m just a bit sick of the clubs (and PRL in general) been seen as the big bad wolf when they’re suffering as much as anyone during the current climate and shouldn’t carry the can for bad planning.

I've not come across anyone painting them as the bad guys to be fair although I know historically that has been an issue - this is hardly a new scenario and as discussed earlier in the thread I don't think they have ever agreed to release players, so this is very much a rare event to allow it (albeit for a shedload of cash). It should have come as no surprise to the 6N committee that if a game had to be played in a non-international window weekend this would be an issue.

Regarding France's bubble - the French head coach broke bubble rules by leaving camp to go and watch his son play rugby. Bernard Laport publicly said it was OK as he was wearing a maske, completely ignoring the fact that he'd broken the rules regardless. It was the coach who then brought Covid into the French camp. Obviously we don't know how he caught it and if it was anything to do with going to see his son play, but that's beside the point - he broke the bubble. There was also unsubstantiated rumors that some of the players went out for waffles while in Rome, also breaking bubble rules.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:51 pm

whatahitson wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
whatahitson wrote:Maitland looked notably upset when he was taken off around 50 minutes for VDW, with Hogg moving to 15.

Now he's not in the 29 man squad.

Any rumours of a bust up or harsh words after the Italy game between player and coach(es)? Or is this just natural rotation of the team in a meaningless game where Townsend can have a look at Hastings for the first time for a while?

It won't be Maitland's Lions chances any good, that's for sure.

Strewth "meaningless game"  picard

1. The difference between 2nd and 4th place is £1.5m
2. There is ranking points
3. There's potentially our best ever finish
4. There is potential Lions places up for grabs

1. The players/coaches don't feel the immediate benefit of that money.

1. Of course they do feel the benefit, better infrastructure, facilities, equipment
2. The points are not just for the WC furious
3. Shocked Whistle Erm
4. Strewth do you know already who is on the plane?.......Gray, Russell, VdM, Watson, Sutherland, Richie are all borderline atm, one good game might push them over
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:54 pm

tigertattie wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Gentlemen!  I rest my case.

Someone mention sandwiches?

Yahoo
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:59 pm

Folks can we move on from the debate about Scotland player motivation as I can just see this dragging on all week.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:01 pm

Looking at the way France attacked the Welsh 10/12 channel

I know he's not you bad boys cuppa tea, but I think we need Harris in at 13  Tumbleweed

Sutherland
Cherry
Fagerson Z
Skinner
Gilchrist
Ritchie
Watson
Fagerson M
Price (Dobie had a poor game)
Russell
VDM
Jones Johnson
Harris
Graham
Hogg

Subs
Keeble
Turner
Nel
Craig
Haining
Steele
Hastings
Johnson Jones

Actually I am going to change my view on the starting 15, only slight change

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Tue 23 Mar 2021, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:04 pm

RDW, sorry I can’t quote as it doesn’t seem to be available in the mobile version (or am I am wrong?).

Do we know for a fact that the French coach brought Covid back into the squad? Surely if this was the case sanctions would have been brought? I’m not defending the French but I didn’t know that this was the proven case. Sporting bubbles seem pretty flexible across all sporting nations (not just in rugby).

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:08 pm

Cyril wrote:RDW, sorry I can’t quote as it doesn’t seem to be available in the mobile version (or am I am wrong?).

Do we know for a fact that the French coach brought Covid back into the squad? Surely if this was the case sanctions would have been brought? I’m not defending the French but I didn’t know that this was the proven case. Sporting bubbles seem pretty flexible across all sporting nations (not just in rugby).

So in terms of reported facts, the French rugby Union reported Galthie as being the first positive case. A few days later players started testing positive. Bernard Laporte publicly admitted that Galthie had broken the bubble rules to attend his son's rugby match but as President he said he was OK with it as he was wearing a mask. The rumours of player going for waffles was never confirmed.

As I mentioned in my previous post that of course doesn't necessarily mean Galthie caught it while breaking the bubble, but it certainly should have led to an investigation given rules were broken. That may have happened, but the findings haven't been made public.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:29 pm

Ok so, yet again, the 6 Nations Committee seem to be negligent. Not only in terms of tournament integrity, but player, support staff and general public safety. Not good.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:37 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:Looking at the way France attacked the Welsh 10/12 channel

I know he's not you bad boys cuppa tea, but I think we need Harris in at 13  Tumbleweed

Sutherland
Cherry
Fagerson Z
Skinner
Gilchrist
Ritchie
Watson
Fagerson M
Price (Dobie had a poor game)
Russell
VDM
Johnson
Harris
Graham
Hogg

Subs
Keeble
Turner
Nel
Craig
Haining
Steele
Hastings
Jones

It was Steele, Dobie wasn't even in the match day squad Smile.

I'm not having you unfairly criticising a fellow Highlander who didn't even play :-P

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 23 Mar 2021, 12:02 am

He means dobie had a poor game for Glasgow vs the dragons.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Tue 23 Mar 2021, 1:01 am

Did anyone have a good game in that one though, apart from maybe Rufus; same could be asked of the Edinburgh guys in tonights game?

As I've said, I'm new watching club Rugby so feel free to call me out if you think I'm being harsh lol, I don't even know the laws apart from penalties for collapsing or wheeling a scrum or not releasing. I don't know the Offside or side entry etc so please help lol, or maybe don't, that way I can't rage at refs during matches lol.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 23 Mar 2021, 7:50 am

I would say the Scottish team will be HUGELY motivated for this

The difference between 3 wins and coming second and 2 wins and coming 4th may not seem much to teams used to battling out at the top, but for these players who are routinely written off, always the dark horses, always sneered at as not being as good as their conterparts, always being judged on one poor performance.

This is their chance to really put a marker down

Will they...no idea....hope so

R!skysports

flyhalffactory and CaptainHaddock like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Tue 23 Mar 2021, 8:25 am

Highland Shaun wrote:Did anyone have a good game in that one though, apart from maybe Rufus; same could be asked of the Edinburgh guys in tonights game?

As I've said, I'm new watching club Rugby so feel free to call me out if you think I'm being harsh lol, I don't even know the laws apart from penalties for collapsing or wheeling a scrum or not releasing.  I don't know the Offside or side entry etc so please help lol, or maybe don't, that way I can't rage at refs during matches lol.

I like Dobie he is the future no doubt

Every day is a learning day Shaun and whether new or "seasoned" aka decepit (like me) we can all valid contributions...... I like your posts mate:hug:
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Tue 23 Mar 2021, 8:27 am

tigertattie wrote:He means dobie had a poor game for Glasgow vs the dragons.

I did indeed
thumbsup
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 23 Mar 2021, 11:34 am

flyhalffactory wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:Did anyone have a good game in that one though, apart from maybe Rufus; same could be asked of the Edinburgh guys in tonights game?

As I've said, I'm new watching club Rugby so feel free to call me out if you think I'm being harsh lol, I don't even know the laws apart from penalties for collapsing or wheeling a scrum or not releasing.  I don't know the Offside or side entry etc so please help lol, or maybe don't, that way I can't rage at refs during matches lol.

Every day is a learning day Shaun and whether new or "seasoned" aka decepit (like me) we can all valid contributions...... I like your posts mate:hug:

Crikey dont worry about the laws of the game Shaun as everyone one of us wont know a particular rule at some point. For example there's still people saying that you can score tries on the base of the post pads (you cant) and others who say that the corner flag isnt out of play for the LRZ no try at the weekend - For yer info, if the player hits the flag while in the air, they are not out, but if the ball hits the base of the flag (aka the touchline) then the ball is out therefore no try Hug

And dont get me started on scrum laws!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 23 Mar 2021, 12:11 pm

Last edited by No9 on Tue 23 Mar 2021, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Tue 23 Mar 2021, 12:33 pm

No9 wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Crikey dont worry about the laws of the game Shaun as everyone one of us wont know a particular rule at some point. For example there's still people saying that you can score tries on the base of the post pads (you cant) and others who say that the corner flag isnt out of play for the LRZ no try at the weekend - For yer info, if the player hits the flag while in the air, they are not out, but if the ball hits the base of the flag (aka the touchline) then the ball is out therefore no try Hug

Unless I've missed a rule change this season, you've got that the wrong way round.. You CAN score a try at the BASE of the Posts.. correct about the corner flag. Its all about the base of the posts/flags being "the line", hence the posts are the try line and the flag the "line" (ie edge of playing field). If you hit the "line", for teh try line its a try, for the width the line is out of play.

No, you cant. Law was changed last year I think.

Oakdene

TheMildlyFranticLlama likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 23 Mar 2021, 1:31 pm

Oakdene wrote:
No9 wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Unless I've missed a rule change this season, you've got that the wrong way round.. You CAN score a try at the BASE of the Posts.. correct about the corner flag. Its all about the base of the posts/flags being "the line", hence the posts are the try line and the flag the "line" (ie edge of playing field). If you hit the "line", for teh try line its a try, for the width the line is out of play.

Your right... I missed this change.. thumbsup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52634948

No9

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 23 Mar 2021, 3:06 pm

No9 wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
No9 wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

See Shaun, told you not to worry about them lol
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 23 Mar 2021, 4:26 pm

tigertattie wrote:
No9 wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
No9 wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

See Shaun, told you not to worry about them lol

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh  say no more Hug

Its one of the beauties of this game we all love... Just when you think you understand the rules, the IRB go and change it... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Tue 23 Mar 2021, 9:24 pm

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/france-v-scotland-why-sean-maitland-has-been-left-out-of-gregor-townsends-squad-3174174

So looks like Toonie & No Maits are really Best Mates and it's beyond Toonies control grrrrrr
Absolutely crazy
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 24 Mar 2021, 8:15 am

Yeah that annoyed me too.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 24 Mar 2021, 9:03 am

Well how else could he include Harris guys?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Wed 24 Mar 2021, 9:28 am

While I want to echo the sentiments of the thread title as strongly as possible, I have to cringe at the use of Google translate!

Tyrd ymlaen Yr Alban! / Dewch ymlaen Yr Alban!

(Sorry bsando!)

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 24 Mar 2021, 12:19 pm

France have announced their team

Baille - Marchand - Haouas (Gros - Chat - Atonio)
Le Roux - Rebbadj (Taofifenua)
Jelonch - Aldritt - Ollivon (Cretin)

Dupont - Ntamack (Serin - Bouthier)
Vincent - Vakatawa
Fickou - Dulin - Penaud (Thomas)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 24 Mar 2021, 12:22 pm

The issues with Dulin and the high ball is something we have to target. Fickou is a centre rather than a wing and is also someone we can have a go at.

Fairly lean second row compared to normal, looks like they may be targeting the line out.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 24 Mar 2021, 12:55 pm

Well Toonie goes back to his original (pre Italy) line up.

Harris, Turner and Price back in, Steele, Jones and Cherry onto the bench. Berghan also keeps his place on the bench and is joined by Hastings.

A little disappointed for Jones, but I can see why he has done it. If we start to get involved in an early game of chuck about, then we will lose. He will certainly bring some impact off the bench.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 24 Mar 2021, 1:15 pm

As expected, although I do feel a bit for Cherry and Jones.

As Hazel has said, there are areas in that France team we can target - although if I'm honest I can only see us winning if we do everything right and France have an off day. Still possible, but it's a formidable looking French team.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 24 Mar 2021, 1:30 pm

Scotland XV:

Sutherland - Turner - Zander (Kebble - Cherry - Berghan)
Skinner - Gilchrist (Craig)
Ritchie - MF - Watson (Haining)

Price - Russell (Steele - Hastings)
Johnson - Harris
VDM - Hogg - Graham (H Jones)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 24 Mar 2021, 1:37 pm

Would have had Nel on the bench as his scrummaging is excellent. Cherry deserves his bench spot over Brown though Hastings can consider himself lucky. Harris to corral Vakatawa may be for the best.

There is enough there to give France a good game. If the scrum holds up well, Sutherland and Zander should be given the benefit of a doubt for the Lions after consistently performing since the RWC (as much as Genge/Sinckler are media darlings in England, neither has set the heather alight in a while). Weirdly enough, Lions centres is a free for all and S Johnson can make a final good impression to be a midweek player. Plenty of individual battles for several players to put themselves in the public eye.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 24 Mar 2021, 1:47 pm

I really hope Russell has a good game on Friday. He's generally been pretty solid with the odd mistake and the odd flash of brilliance, but he certainly hasn't had the outstanding performance we know he can produce.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next