The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+20
Be_the_ball
Davie
BlueCoverman
super_realist
I'm never wrong
ralphjohn69
Galted
wadey101
westisbest
George1507
Soul Requiem
JAS
McLaren
JuliusHMarx
pedro
Duty281
superflyweight
incontinentia
beninho
dynamark
24 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Tue 20 Apr 2021, 6:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ben Leicester have been fortunate to find wealthy owners who saved us from a deal of trouble but they could not be accused of throwing stupid money around and disregarding the fans.The PL winning team was assembled from a bunch of frees ,has beens and cheap buys I think Ulloa was the top buy at about £9m.What they then did as some players moved on for big money was start throwing some of that money about to try to maintain position with varying degrees of success.The Chairman gives away free beer and cakes on his birthday and has given a lot to local organisations including a childrens hospital ,We have been very very lucky.
I think the German teams have a different voting structure where fans have a big say.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue 13 Jul 2021, 1:11 am

It's not even a joke. Just a racist statement. What a tool.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Shotrock Tue 13 Jul 2021, 1:13 am

From a very casual and novice follower of soccer ...

Congrats to England for making it as far as they did.
Looked like after the first goal they became overly defensive.
Sterling's dives were amusing and I find that aspect of top level soccer silly. (Like the NBA.)
Why would you put a 19 year old on the penalty kick (first 5 at least) rota?

Shotrock

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Jul 2021, 1:18 am

beninho wrote:It's not even a joke. Just a racist statement. What a tool.

Are you expecting someone to disagree with you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 13 Jul 2021, 2:51 am

Pretty childish if you ask me.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 13 Jul 2021, 2:53 am

Tbh don’t think Sterlings dives were that bad last night. But Kane just can’t help himself.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 13 Jul 2021, 4:26 am

pedro wrote:Tbh don’t think Sterlings dives were that bad last night. But Kane just can’t help himself.

If you don't do it against Italy you're disadvantaged straight away because they definitely will. Kane was body checked and manhandled throughout the match and the referee did nothing, when that happens you have to exaggerate contact. The Chiellini foul on Saka was disgraceful while Jorginho basically just stamped on Grealish.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 13 Jul 2021, 5:16 am

Jorginho could have had a red fir that. Lesser fouls have been.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 13 Jul 2021, 5:23 am

He was fortunate to have grazed the ball first but looked a nailed on red for me.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Jul 2021, 5:33 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
pedro wrote:Tbh don’t think Sterlings dives were that bad last night. But Kane just can’t help himself.

If you don't do it against Italy you're disadvantaged straight away because they definitely will. Kane was body checked and manhandled throughout the match and the referee did nothing, when that happens you have to exaggerate contact. The Chiellini foul on Saka was disgraceful while Jorginho basically just stamped on Grealish.

They did it right through the tournament so don't pretend it was to mitigate Italian behaviour and tactics. Sterling is a terrible cheat for that, Kane too and even someone who isn't into football like me can see that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 13 Jul 2021, 5:35 am

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

They did it right through the tournament so don't pretend it was to mitigate Italian behaviour and tactics. Sterling is a terrible cheat for that, Kane too and even someone who isn't into football like me can see that.

I don't recall seeing a lot of diving from England throughout the tournament.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Jul 2021, 5:36 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

I don't recall seeing a lot of diving from England throughout the tournament.

None so blind as those who do not see. England not worse than most countries, but these are supposed to be relatively strong athletes, yet don't appear to have the coordination to run near someone without falling all over the place.

England have always been at pains to moan about "simulation" but ever since the Owen years have been as bad as all the others.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 13 Jul 2021, 5:39 am

I can barely recall a dive by An England player. I can recall them over exaggerating contact. But I don't see that as a dive.

Personally it doesn't bother me, I quite like the Sh$thousing in football. I'm all in on Immobile and his cheating in the semi.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 13 Jul 2021, 5:47 am

You have to exaggerate contact in football. If a player gets his shin kicked and doesn't go down, no free-kick. If a player gets his shin kicked and goes down, free-kick awarded. It's obvious that players will adapt to that type of refereeing which has been prevalent for decades.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Jul 2021, 5:57 am

beninho wrote:I can barely recall a dive by An England player. I can recall them over exaggerating contact. But I don't see that as a dive.

Personally it doesn't bother me, I quite like the Sh$thousing in football. I'm all in on Immobile and his cheating in the semi.

Maybe that's why it's called "simulation" now.
Either way it's cheating.
When has a referee ever been convinced by exaggerating the challenge? More likely he'll tell the player to just get up because play acting implies deception or subterfuge and basically that you're an arse.

I'd like to see some really tough refs get on top of that and take some proper action. Football is far too soft, even makes Roy Keane look hard.

Messi is very good for riding a tackle and getting a free kick. Referees are paid to see things, not ignore them. Putting on an anguished face and pretending you've been hurt when very little hurts in football, especially the type of challenge that precedes these "awful tackles" shouldn't change any refs mind.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 13 Jul 2021, 7:37 am

Was a decent final last night. Penalties are always a harsh way to decide who wins. No other way after the extra 30.

Fair play to Saka for stepping up to take the biggest kick of his life.
It’s been said that more senior players should have put their hand up.
Read that Grealish said he would take one, but that he trusted Southgate’s selection.

There were a lot of poor penalties in this tournament, which produced some amazing games throughout.

Hard luck to England. They can be proud of getting to a final, when not many expected them to get past the quarters.

Would have liked to have seen more of Grealish.
Thought Philips had a good tournament. Shaw also.

Was a good tournament overall.

Ps. Federico Chiesa is quality.
Would like to see him in the prem next season.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Jul 2021, 4:41 pm

westisbest wrote:Was a decent final last night. Penalties are always a harsh way to decide who wins. No other way after the extra 30.

Fair play to Saka for stepping up to take the biggest kick of his life.
It’s been said that more senior players should have put their hand up.
Read that Grealish said he would take one, but that he trusted Southgate’s selection.

There were a lot of poor penalties in this tournament, which produced some amazing games throughout.

Hard luck to England. They can be proud of getting to a final, when not many expected them to get past the quarters.

Would have liked to have seen more of Grealish.
Thought Philips had a good tournament. Shaw also.

Was a good tournament overall.

Ps. Federico Chiesa is quality.
Would like to see him in the prem next season.

You'd have thought that every player would stick their hand up if they are playing as a team.
Fair play to Saka for taking it. He wouldn't have been asked to take one of he didn't want to and hadn't offered, so you have to give him credit for stepping up, but you also have to ask about more senior players who look like they have bottled it..

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 13 Jul 2021, 7:16 pm

beninho wrote:I can barely recall a dive by An England player. I can recall them over exaggerating contact. But I don't see that as a dive.

Sterling was probably guilty of the most overt dive from any England player, but Kane was pretty much falling over at the point of contact throughout the Denmark game. I don't mind the sh1thousing either, provided that we all see it for what it is, regardless of who is doing it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Jul 2021, 10:14 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:At the end of the day, when the dust settles, you have to say England had a good tournament and took some more strides forward. Before the tournament started most outside England and the smart money in England would have been predicting an Italian win given their form coming in and so that's what happened, no shame in that.

On the flip side the abuse of the penalty missers is quite disgusting but sadly quite predictable. The other amusing thing was the 1000's of Social Media experts who started the tournament highlighting all Southgates supposed flaws in team selection and tactical nous who then fell strangely quiet after the Germany game only to resurface last night.

The squad deserve praise and you can almost start having sympathy with some of the England support but there's still that small idiotic minority that don't deserve anything but condemnation and ridicule.

Why are you worried about people spreading Covid now? We can't carry on with restrictions forever. It's well beyond the time when we have to accept a number of casualties.
Infections have indeed sky rocketed, but hospital admissions and deaths have not increased at anything like the same rate.

We are as protected about as much as ever can be. Move on.

Eh? What's that got to do with my comment?

But seeing as I'm here anyway...I'm not excessively worried and I do think things need to open up. I'm double jabbed but having said that there are still double jabbed people being hospitalised, obviously a much lower proportion than pre vaccine rollout but as an asthmatic with a compromised immune system I won't exactly be throwing all caution to the wind. What irks me a bit though is the sheer duplicity of the current government thinking. We are either out the woods or we're not. To make it a matter of personal choice whether or not one has to wear a mask indoors in crowded places is a ridiculous dereliction. Why not also say, look, choose whatever side of the road you want to drive on. The common sense thing to do is drive on the left in this country but we'll leave it up to your personal judgement.

The thing is Johnson wants us to be in a better place but his failure to close the door quickly enough on India has left him in a much more awkward place. Based on current numbers and projections we're going to have over 100000 new infections a day and over a 100 deaths a day on the coming weeks and that is deemed acceptable.... so 100 deaths a day/700 a week, can you imagine the reaction if he said..."Right I've struck a deal with ISIS we're going to let them blow 2 plane loads of people out the sky every week" Just a hunch but I don't think that would go down too well, so why are so many ok with accepting 700 deaths a week due to covid? And don't get me started on international travel. We're trying to dictate who can and cant come here seemingly oblivious to the fact that with the infection rate we have we will basically be a pariah in the eyes of most other nations.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Jul 2021, 11:10 pm

Sorry, I must have replied to the wrong post.

I think masks are a red herring really and don't appear to do much to stop spread as far as we can see.
The research that has been done on them doesn't reach a conclusion that they have a significant effect.
Furthermore, research appears to have been done on medical grade face masks which few of us use, few of us wear correctly, none of us replace often enough and which none of us are actually mandated to wear by government dictat.

Were facemasks actually of any real use, and not just an affectation then we would be mandated to buy and use official medical grade masks rather than just to use a "face covering" which could be anything from a sheet of toilet paper to a subaqua respirator.

Lastly, the number of people wearing them outside, in the car or cycling is just ridiculous and just adds to the absurd paranoia which surrounds the whole covid issue, not to mention that it instills a false sense of security where people think it means they are protected. Social distancing was far better when masks were not worn. If contraception had the same efficacy rates as facemasks we would have 100m people  in this country.

If people are more vulnerable, then it's up to them to mitigate their risks, not expect the public to change their  lives to suit them.

Your ISIS analogy is absolutely ridiculous. How many people die on our roads, suicide orof other diseases and viruses every single day? We have to draw a line, and the number of people infected means absolutely nothing if it doesn't result in huge numbers of hospitalisations.

This isn't Boris making a decision, it's his SAGE minions who have stated the statistics as justification.

Also, before you make comparisons to infection rates, please be aware by how much more we are testing than other countries and we are still relying on stupid tests lateral flow tests which America and even the company who make them have said are deeply unreliable, and even if the numbers were comparable then as a country which is pretty compliant at wearing face masks it doesn't say much about their effectiveness if we have such terrible figures when we use them more than our peer group.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 14 Jul 2021, 1:18 am

super_realist wrote:Sorry, I must have replied to the wrong post.

I think masks are a red herring really and don't appear to do much to stop spread as far as we can see.
The research that has been done on them doesn't reach a conclusion that they have a significant effect.
Furthermore, research appears to have been done on medical grade face masks which few of us use, few of us wear correctly, none of us replace often enough and which none of us are actually mandated to wear by government dictat.

I'm sure I've read something that talks about the effectiveness of masks and outside medical grade masks there is quite a difference between materials with different thread counts per mm in terms of how much they slow down/deflect breathed out particulates. I was always under the understanding that the prime advantage of masks isn't for the wearer, it's for those around them. Most people think it's about protecting themselves, it's not really it's about reducing spread. Agree with your comment about masks outside though, just not required at all.

super_realist wrote:
Lastly, the number of people wearing them outside, in the car or cycling is just ridiculous and just adds to the absurd paranoia which surrounds the whole covid issue, not to mention that it instills a false sense of security where people think it means they are protected.

Social distancing was far better when masks were not worn. If contraception had the same efficacy rates as facemasks we would have 100m people  in this country.

Whataboutery writ large

super_realist wrote:
If people are more vulnerable, then it's up to them to mitigate their risks, not expect the public to change their  lives to suit them.

Then why did we bother with any mitigation in the first place, following that sentiment, we could have let the oldest and most vulnerable million or so just die and carried on as normal. Everybody left would have been better off although probably bereaved of somebody fairly close. Is that what Society would have preferred? Is that what they would prefer now? "Och just let the rest of the bodies pile high, we've done as much as we could, my mates are now down to their last half billion, we need the economy back up at full tilt, a few thousand more Covid deaths are a price worth paying"

[quote="super_realist"]
Your ISIS analogy is absolutely ridiculous. How many people die on our roads, suicide orof other diseases and viruses every single day? We have to draw a line, and the number of people infected means absolutely nothing if it doesn't result in huge numbers of hospitalisations.

It's not ridiculous at all, I'm highlighting the fact that by their own estimates they're prepared to accept 700 citizens a week die.

super_realist wrote:
This isn't Boris making a decision, it's his SAGE minions who have stated the statistics as justification.

I think you'll find it's more of a balance of Sage opinion pitted against hard line right wing libertarian ideologs on the benches behind Johnson that he's desperately having to tread a fine line between. btw do you really think it was SAGE who would have told him to keep the Indian traffic corridor open

super_realist wrote:
Also, before you make comparisons to infection rates, please be aware by how much more we are testing than other countries and we are still relying on stupid tests lateral flow tests which America and even the company who make them have said are deeply unreliable, and even if the numbers were comparable then as a country which is pretty compliant at wearing face masks it doesn't say much about their effectiveness if we have such terrible figures when we use them more than our peer group.

Agree re the lateral flow tests, at their accuracy rate they're almost worse than useless. As for how much we test per million compared to others, we're not top but we're up therein the top 5-10% (as we should be as a G7 nation), mainly because at this stage the prevalence is still ridiculously high. Of course we cant compare to the likes of India, Brazil etc as their figures quite frankly are just numbers plucked out the air, their govts have NO idea what's going on on the ground. The facemask debate should end when you look at compliance levels of mask wearing and deaths comparisons between South Korea, Japan and us and the US

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Jul 2021, 1:44 am

No, you can't compare UK to Japan, South Korea at all. We are far too different to them.
Mask wearing is not about deaths. Its only about infected people spreading the virus and the effect to which this is mitigated by wearing a mask, and the evidence is that this is minimal.

You can't compare a country with lazy fat people like Britain to nations which eat better and have better health and make a connection between death rates and masks between the two countries when there factors which are far more of an important consideration as to how many will die than whether they wear masks or not. You need to compare a country more similar to Britain and  where masks have not been so rigourously enforced.

If we accepted a daily rate of 100 deaths (and no one has suggested we will) that is not comparable with an illegal terrorist act.
One is a naturally occurring virus which we are doing our best to mitigate against and the other is an illegal terrorist act which our intelligence agencies do their best to stop. You cannot compare natural deaths to a terrorist attack.
They are not remotely an equivalence.

As for personal mitigation. Yes, they do have to protect themselves, just like we all did prior to the vaccine rollout. Now that virtually everyone is protected to some degree then the majority of people need to get back to normal life. If you're still a vulnerable person then you need to take extra care.

As for what SAGE recommend, well how often have SAGE been right? There's been massive contradiction from the very start as you'd expect from a new virus. It was after all SAGE that advised we didn't need to lockdown the first time before we did. It was WHO who said we don't need to worry about the virus and that we don't need masks.

If health experts and global medical organisations can't agree, what hope do Governments have?  Odd you only blame The useless Tory party, but you dont criticise the hopeless lefty SNP who in many ways have been a lot worse than England has. Funny that.

Then we have all other info such as plastic screens not allowing air to circulate etc. It's a bloody mess which hasn't necessarily a great deal to do with whatever government is in charge, rather the constantly changing advice as we have seen in every country around the world.

Also, its worth noting that a positive test isn't necessarily cause for alarm. In light of vaccination rates its usually not an issue for the individual. Furthermore no one is claiming that 100 will die every day, 52 weeks a year. We do however accept 15-30,000 flu deaths a year with no need for restrictions, so where your ridiculous terrorist comparison for that?

It's also incredibly infantile to suggest that opening up is about helping out "their mates". That's the sort of thing I'd expect a commie like Susan Michie to say. How many people have died as a result of lockdown measures?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 14 Jul 2021, 7:49 pm

Oh I’m sorry, so everything is going fine then, it’s everybody else’s fault except Boris and his ever so kind, caring and thoughtful cabinet and they deserve a much more amenable, healthy and compliant populous to preside over. How dare some of us question their actions & motives….Jesus Supes you could write their next manifesto.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 14 Jul 2021, 7:59 pm

super_realist wrote:No, you can't compare UK to Japan, South Korea at all. We are far too different to them.
Mask wearing is not about deaths. Its only about infected people spreading the virus and the effect to which this is mitigated by wearing a mask, and the evidence is that this is minimal.

You can't compare a country with lazy fat people like Britain to nations which eat better and have better health and make a connection between death rates and masks between the two countries when there factors which are far more of an important consideration as to how many will die than whether they wear masks or not. You need to compare a country more similar to Britain and  where masks have not been so rigourously enforced.

If we accepted a daily rate of 100 deaths (and no one has suggested we will) that is not comparable with an illegal terrorist act.
One is a naturally occurring virus which we are doing our best to mitigate against and the other is an illegal terrorist act which our intelligence agencies do their best to stop. You cannot compare natural deaths to a terrorist attack.
They are not remotely an equivalence.

As for personal mitigation. Yes, they do have to protect themselves, just like we all did prior to the vaccine rollout. Now that virtually everyone is protected to some degree then the majority of people need to get back to normal life. If you're still a vulnerable person then you need to take extra care.

As for what SAGE recommend, well how often have SAGE been right? There's been massive contradiction from the very start as you'd expect from a new virus. It was after all SAGE that advised we didn't need to lockdown the first time before we did. It was WHO who said we don't need to worry about the virus and that we don't need masks.

If health experts and global medical organisations can't agree, what hope do Governments have?  Odd you only blame The useless Tory party, but you dont criticise the hopeless lefty SNP who in many ways have been a lot worse than England has. Funny that.

Then we have all other info such as plastic screens not allowing air to circulate etc. It's a bloody mess which hasn't necessarily a great deal to do with whatever government is in charge, rather the constantly changing advice as we have seen in every country around the world.

Also, its worth noting that a positive test isn't necessarily cause for alarm. In light of vaccination rates its usually not an issue for the individual. Furthermore no one is claiming that 100 will die every day, 52 weeks a year. We do however accept 15-30,000 flu deaths a year with no need for restrictions, so where your ridiculous terrorist comparison for that?

It's also incredibly infantile to suggest that opening up is about helping out "their mates". That's the sort of thing I'd expect a commie like Susan Michie to say. How many people have died as a result of lockdown measures?

Enjoy yer night mate!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Jul 2021, 12:34 am

JAS wrote:Oh I’m sorry, so everything is going fine then, it’s everybody else’s fault except Boris and his ever so kind, caring and thoughtful cabinet and they deserve a much more amenable, healthy and compliant populous to preside over. How dare some of us question their actions & motives….Jesus Supes you could write their next manifesto.

Jesus, not saying that at all. I think he's been terrible, but you only seem to say that the UK has done badly. By the way almost all the way every lockdown has been supported by Labour, so unless they have the benefit of hindsight they'd have taken the same SAGE advice.

Also, rather ironic that Sadiq Khan is mandating the use of face masks when he is on record as being someone who reduced the number of trains and buses, leading to less social distancing and actually claimed that masks were not required because you can't catch covid on TFL. Why do you never blame him for the terrible state of things in London?

For the record, I think Andy Burnham has been far better. Shame there aren't more Labour people like him and fewer like Khan.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 15 Jul 2021, 2:15 am

Andy Burnham is a sad and bitter individual who has never got over the democratic process of loosing his MP status.Apart from that hes allright.
Any sign of an Open comp ?

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 15 Jul 2021, 2:30 am

dynamark wrote:Andy Burnham is a sad and bitter individual who has never got over the democratic process of loosing his MP status.Apart from that hes allright.
Any sign of an Open comp ?

He voluntarily gave up his status as an MP when he became Mayor of Greater Manchester.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 15 Jul 2021, 2:58 am

Beg pardon it was not winning the labour leadership contest(couldnt even beat corbyn) that caused him to step down as an MP. Couldnt deal with it in his quest for power .Still comes across as a another know it all with a Im cleverer than you will ever be attitude. And he has funny eyebrows !!

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Jul 2021, 3:43 am

dynamark wrote:Beg pardon it was not winning the labour leadership contest(couldnt even beat corbyn) that caused him to step down as an  MP. Couldnt deal with it in his quest for power .Still comes across as a another know it all with a Im cleverer than you will ever be attitude. And he has funny eyebrows !!

Still a better Mayor than Sadiq Khant

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Jul 2021, 7:43 pm

Andy Burnham shoukd have been labour leader. I wanted him both times. But was called to centrist at the time, now he is loved. He also seems a really good guy.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Jul 2021, 7:48 pm

Brendan Chilton is another Labour person who talks sense and isn't part of the loony left of the party.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 15 Jul 2021, 8:41 pm

I think the guy would have been better for labour but their leadership election process didnt help.I see him as a Blair style populist say and do anything for a vote but hey that applies to many

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Jul 2021, 8:46 pm

Labour have no option but to move to Blairite politics. If they don't, they're finished and heading towards oblivian like The Lib Dems.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Jul 2021, 3:57 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57852513

Super

Would have thought this was right up your street?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Jul 2021, 3:54 pm

McLaren wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57852513

Super

Would have thought this was right up your street?

Actually I'm not really for that Mac.
It's time for fat people to stop blaming other people for their state. They are the only one who makes them fat, not the government, not food companies, not advertising
. Everyone knows what food is good and what food is bad.
Cooking is easy, food is cheap and it's a complete lie that people don't have time to cook.
Its just sheer laziness and lack of will power, which sums up modern Britain.

Why do people not take personal responsibility anymore?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 17 Jul 2021, 1:25 am

Loony left woke cancel culture again.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57862332

Oh, hang on...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat 17 Jul 2021, 1:54 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Loony left woke cancel culture again.

Oh, hang on...

Looking forward to the stock responses of "but, but, but wibble, wibble, mumble, mumble, marxist, wibble, wibble defund the police."

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 17 Jul 2021, 1:56 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Loony left woke cancel culture again.

Oh, hang on...

GB News has been good comedy value over the past couple of months, it'll be a shame if it gets cancelled for hitting 'zero' viewers.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 17 Jul 2021, 1:57 am

This does seem rather hypocritical and I hope someone brings it up to them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 17 Jul 2021, 3:11 am

Gb news has been hilariously bad. Very much hot itself and its fans in a Pickle over its stance.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 17 Jul 2021, 3:57 am

I think it's challenging The Guardian for lack of viewers/readers

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:51 am

super_realist wrote:Labour have no option but to move to Blairite politics. If they don't, they're finished and heading towards oblivian like The Lib Dems.

They’re damned if they don’t, damned if they do. Corbyn was principled, genuine but nowhere near charismatic enough to capture floating voters positive attention. Starmer is more savvy in many ways but creates the impression that principles will be jettisoned in a heartbeat at the merest whiff of power (that’s almost as obnoxious as some of Corbyns more outlandish ideals) so basically they’re lost, paralysed in a weird kind of nowhere land. We basically have to knuckle down and learn how to mitigate the worst effects of a right wing populist hegemony on power and make the best of the opportunities that are there, we’re probably talking 15-20 years. I do wonder how Dickensian Society will become before there’s a mass realisation of being shafted.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 17 Jul 2021, 7:12 am

I don't think so JAS. They absolutely have to, and if that means losing a load of members who supported Corbyn's nasty party then so be it. Labour are certainly dead as an electable party if they can't sort out the division one way or another.

Every time I hear a Labour MP on the radio, they have different ideas of his the party should be going. Trouble with Labour is that the sort of people who mignt be up for leadership have absolutely no humour or personality and like it or not people want that as much as they actually need something to vote for.
Labour have neither at the moment and they better sort it soon.

If you look at the last three leaders of Labour, Milliband, Corbyn and Starker that's a pretty motley crew of miserable personalities.

Starker really needs to tell the party that they aren't a party for the far left. They won't be going down the socialist route and that they better find a new home because that's the wing which makes them unelectable. I mean, they're so bad they couldn't even beat Cameron, May or Johnson, the three worst post war PM's, and that's saying something.

There are sensible people in the party, but there's a lot of deadwood like Annelise Dodds who shouldn't be near the cabinet.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Jul 2021, 9:20 pm

Wonder who the Jimmy Saville 31 year old Premier League footballer is.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 20 Jul 2021, 9:34 pm

super_realist wrote:Wonder who the Jimmy Saville 31 year old Premier League footballer is.

Quite easy to find out.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 20 Jul 2021, 11:58 pm

Gylfi pleasures.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Jul 2021, 12:52 am

McLaren wrote:Gylfi  pleasures.

When I heard it was a 31 year old, I assumed it would be chief moron Kyle Walker

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 21 Jul 2021, 10:02 pm

super_realist wrote:

When I heard it was a 31 year old, I assumed it would be chief moron Kyle Walker

Walker doesn't play for Everton.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 21 Jul 2021, 10:06 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Walker doesn't play for Everton.

The initial reports just stated 31 year old arrested in the greater manchester area.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 21 Jul 2021, 10:39 pm

Interesting one on covid yesterday friend called to say he had to do 7 days isolation so his contact day was last friday.On that day he got out of bed walked out of the door of a hotel in Kings Lynn got into the car with wife and 2 others all retired all had the app on .Drove straight home only went for a beer outside the village pub with myself and same three people for an hour in the evening.Still got the notification which shows how problematic it is.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Jul 2021, 11:00 pm

I deleted the app. Total waste of time.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next