The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

+29
LeinsterFan4life
lostinwales
RDW
Heaf
Tattie Scones RRN
Mcsweens
Mad for Chelsea
sensisball
RiscaGame
Tramptastic
Margin_Walker
No 7&1/2
Anglobraveheart
EWT Spoons
demosthenes
Old Man
EST
tigertattie
TJ
Highland Shaun
Geordie
bsando
doctor_grey
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
TheMildlyFranticLlama
BigGee
jimbopip
George Carlin
33 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 - Page 10 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by George Carlin Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:59 am

First topic message reminder :

For those Scottish and Scottish-rugby interested posters who just cannot seem to shut the feic up about it.

26,000 posts of abject nonsense and incorrect usage of the quote function (and counting).

We should be proud. king
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 - Page 10 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 11 Dec 2021, 5:46 pm

Hell of a result for Edinburgh, sounds like it went right to the wire and a Sarries try was overturned at the death to seal the win, that’ll do us nicely!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 - Page 10 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by Guest Sat 11 Dec 2021, 6:05 pm

G’wan Edinburgh! Great win! clap

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 11 Dec 2021, 6:13 pm

Well done the Luvvies. The Annual Slaughter won't feel too bad for you now.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 11 Dec 2021, 6:17 pm

Telegraph reporting Sam Skinner signed for the Luuvies next season!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 11 Dec 2021, 7:10 pm

He'd be very welcome, although with Toolis, Gilchrist, Sykes and Hodgson it'll be tough for him to make the XV. Ritchie, Bradbury, Haining, Crosbie and Kunavula offer quite a bit of depth at 6.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 11 Dec 2021, 7:35 pm

Ah come on jimbo we need a much better match report than that.

Where’s the tales of you skipping up the wing?
The sonnet about how you captained the side to victory against the odds?
The limerick about the defensive efforts akin to David vs Goliath?

Also Edinburgh win again. Glasgow are going to get a right sore one this 1872
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 11 Dec 2021, 8:06 pm

Tattie a full(er) report on the morrow.
Sam Skinner!!!

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 11 Dec 2021, 9:16 pm

Great win Edinburgh! That was a strong Sarries team.

Happy about Skinner. We're strong in the lock department but I fear Toolis may not have long left given his injury record. Would be a shame if Hodgeson and Sykes missed out on gametime, not to mention Glenn Young who has been injured too.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 12 Dec 2021, 3:48 pm

Great start from Glasgow, Thompson has been a very steady pair of hands so far. The pack looks reborn with Dempsey and Gray playing well. Seems a very even contest so far

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:03 pm

Purple patch from La Rochelle but they don't look like they're going to start dominating the match.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:06 pm

Great poach by Darge but then a shocking lineout throw from Turner. That sort of sloppiness will only invite La Rochelle to capitalise with their beefy pack.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:15 pm

Good game so far, Glasgow staying in it, despite being a little under the cosh in those last 15 mins

If we can keep the score close then we will see what happens when they start to change their pack later on

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:21 pm

Yeah well said, I was impressed with Glasgow overall. They covered well defensively and got unlucky with that missed knock on by the officials followed with an immediate break from La Rochelle.

Some of the attacking play for La Rochelle was very good but they are also making a lot of risky errors at times. Hopefully Glasgow can play smarter in the second half and milk some more penalties at the breakdown.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:26 pm

This side could be very good in the coming seasons as the young players start to hit their best form. The backrow has a nice balance to it today, Darge is an out and out jacklar whilst Fagerson and Dempsey are adding a lot of power to keep the ball in Glasgow hands. There were numerous moments in the first half where the Glasgow of old would have been turned over or forced into slower ball. Great to see Glasgow getting the speed of ball they need to play their best rugby.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:35 pm

That looked like a try

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:37 pm

13-10 Glasgow, plenty of life in this game

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:48 pm

That was a mistake from Thompson that could be costly

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 12 Dec 2021, 4:50 pm

20-13 La Rochelle with 2 and a half mins to go a man down

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 12 Dec 2021, 5:13 pm

20-13 La Rochelle FT

Can't argue with the result but Glasgow played to the death and get a BP, which is no bad result for us really.

Probably worth remembering that La Rochelle were the runners up last year and don't seem to have lost much of their punch!

We made a few mistakes but in some ways, that might have been our best game of the year so far in a real contest!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 12 Dec 2021, 5:17 pm

Shame for Glasgow but they just needed to be a bit smarter at times. They should have left with a losing bonus point really, but they did well to hold out La Rochelle. An exciting game but La Rochelle took control just before half time and sadly Glasgow couldn't find a way to get on top of them again like they did in that first quarter.

Will Skelton winning turnovers looks more like he is bear hugging rucks than actually poaching the ball Laugh

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun 12 Dec 2021, 5:20 pm

We pushed La Rochelle to the brink but there were some silly errors and poor penalties. Couple of missed tackles down the middle allowed La Rochelle free reign to get on the front foot and gain significant territory.

I think La Rochelle realised we were trying to get out wide and spread more effectively after the first 20 minutes. We stopped attacking one out/being effective at winning collisions and forcing them to keep bodies in. We needed to call Steyn and Forbes in to run some inside lines off Thompson or some lines on the outside of the SH to force La Rochelle's defense to narrow a bit more.

Forbes was anonymous and thought Kebble was not asked to carry enough but he had a knock on the 5th minute that may have stopped him. McKay started out well before La Rochelle figured out how to defend him. Other than that, most of the side played well with a few mistakes here and there costing us. We are not far off competing with the best, we need to find that last layer of discipline.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 12 Dec 2021, 5:22 pm

bsando wrote:Shame for Glasgow but they just needed to be a bit smarter at times. They should have left with a losing bonus point really, but they did well to hold out La Rochelle. An exciting game but La Rochelle took control just before half time and sadly Glasgow couldn't find a way to get on top of them again like they did in that first quarter.

Will Skelton winning turnovers looks more like he is bear hugging rucks than actually poaching the ball Laugh

We were 7 points down, so I think we did get a LBP

BigGee
Admin
Admin

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 12 Dec 2021, 7:13 pm

tigertattie wrote:Ah come on jimbo we need a much better match report than that.

Where’s the tales of you skipping up the wing?
The sonnet about how you captained the side to victory against the odds?
The limerick about the defensive efforts akin to David vs Goliath?

Also Edinburgh win again. Glasgow are going to get a right sore one this 1872

Ah tigertattie. Hug
So, my old club haven't been able to field a second team for some tears now. I think the last trophy they won was when I was THIRD TEAM skipper and Ramsay MacDonald was hosting parties in Downing Street. Anyway, Danzer the first team captain organised a seconds to play against Canvey seconds. He persuaded young Pipetto to make his debut on the wing and Bigson to be his minder from the second row. I got the call to "play the first five minutes, mate. Just lean on a props' arse in the first scrum and then get off. Shocked You can say you played a game with both your boys." i agreed but with misgivings.

MrsPip went ballistic.

Princess daughter said, "Since Lockdown started you haven't even been for one single.... I was going to say run, but you don't even walk."

On Friday I began making excuses. MrsPip went all Lady Macbeth..."You said you would do it, you're playing." Doh

So, I borrowed a pair of Pipetto's boots, failed to find my shoulder pads and then discovered that the contact lenses in the bathroom cupboard were herself's not mine. Crying or Very sad

We had about twenty players and it was agreed to play four twenty minutes with rolling subs. I was changing next to Jinxy's lad who spent a large part of his school years having operations on his spine and was told that running was only a possibility if everything went 100%. Then I introduced myself to two young lads, all beards and tatoos: turns out I coached them in Pipetto's under 14's. That did make me feel old.

Then I was told I was captain for the day. Bigson was vice captain. So I got to lead the team out, feeling that imposter syndrome is actually a real thing.
Danzer told me to start the game and "signal when you're blowing mate and we'll get you out of it."
I played the first 20. Every minute.
Moments.
Second ruck: their 9 started to pick the ball up and I flew through and wiped him out. Penalty! "Bloody 'ell mate, 'ow early was that?". I don't think an openside ever took that as anything but a compliment.
They kicked for touch. I stood in front of our winger and directed him to where he should be in case they kicked long, and I waited till the 10 kicked it straight into my arms. It was a lovely take spoiled by shinning my clearance.
Later they hacked through and their winger was getting there ahead of me. I went in for a slide tackle , got my foot in front of him and flicked the ball towards the sideline. He stuck out a hand, knocked it on and regathered. As I was getting up someone someone kicked/kneed me in the back of the head. I had a little rest on the grass while they scored. Joining the team behind the posts where everyone seemed to be asking if I was alright, was I concussed? "I'm fine, forget that just tell me who did it. What was his number?". They asked a couple of times and got the same answer till our club Psycho grabbed me and reminded me of the importance of playing the game according to the true spirit of rugby. That shocked me into silence, shocked everyone who had ever played with him. The only person not involved in asking how I was was our loose head prop who later admitted to "catching him a glancing blow as I ran past." Laugh
It was very much a forwards' battle and all I can remember is hitting rucks and mauls. I stayed close to the pack and made no supporting runs out wide.
Young Pipetto was very unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions and showed he has pace and can step defenders. He didn't look at all out of place.
I ran the line for the second and third quarters and came back on for the fourth.
Nothing hurt during the fist 20 minutes and playing without contact lenses was easy when I was all adrenalin but that last 20....evrything hurt, the setting sun made the light thicken and nothing was easy.
Canvey scored their third try and we gathered under the posts to hear Bigson say, "That's time. Three tries to nothing. Considering we're a scratch side we've done well I'm proud of you." Then the ref told us we had two minutes to go. Amazingly we didn't look to end the game but really took it to them.
I hit a ruck and drove their man off the ball, as I went to ground and looked to roll I saw the tackled player try to flick the ball back with his hand. As I was still holding onto someone I shoved my face in front of the ball and it ricocheted into our 9's hands. The most skilful thing I did all day. A couple of phase later one of our wingers got tackled in their 22, their 6 got over the ball and had both hands on it. I arrived slightly late and took him right out of the ruck. Our 9 span the ball 10-12 and in under the posts. Last play of the game. He shook his head and said, "I saw you coming and tensed for the hit but you delayed and I started to overbalance and then you wiped me out. You crafty bugger." I smiled modestly as if hat had actually happend and I wasn't just an old, slow fraud.
we formed a tunnel and clapped them off then the lads said, "Jim, you then Bigson then Pipetto lead the team off."

Waking back to the clubhouse one of the players who I don't really know walked beside me to say his son is six and keeps asking if one day they'll play together. "I've worked it out Jimbo, when he's eighteen I'll be your age. You've just shown me my history." I thought for a second he'd made a mistake and meant to say "my future", but actually when I'm gone Pipetto and Bigson will tell their grandkids about yesterday. That's, part of, my history.

https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/267292473_6994818790529929_7934526992569060172_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=jNX3U98anXkAX_J3CUk&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=2f964f994d40031769a8eccadffd3e16&oe=61BA6789

jimbopip

doctor_grey, RDW, lostinwales, George Carlin, bsando, EST, BigGee and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 12 Dec 2021, 7:39 pm

Well done Jimbo

These moments are worth the pain!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 12 Dec 2021, 8:28 pm

Putting my lazy arse the shame Jimbo - greet work.

RDW
Founder
Founder

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 13 Dec 2021, 3:25 pm

That absolutely made my day Jim. The message speaks to me too - thanks so much.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 13 Dec 2021, 3:43 pm

GC , hope you're on the mend. Remember to insist that the bedpans are changed weekly.

jimbopip

George Carlin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 14 Dec 2021, 2:23 pm

Great effort Jimbo - that's a brilliant pic...though you're going to need to get the gloves in a fetching SLamont orange!

EST

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 14 Dec 2021, 2:28 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:We pushed La Rochelle to the brink but there were some silly errors and poor penalties. Couple of missed tackles down the middle allowed La Rochelle free reign to get on the front foot and gain significant territory.

I think La Rochelle realised we were trying to get out wide and spread more effectively after the first 20 minutes. We stopped attacking one out/being effective at winning collisions and forcing them to keep bodies in. We needed to call Steyn and Forbes in to run some inside lines off Thompson or some lines on the outside of the SH to force La Rochelle's defense to narrow a bit more.

Forbes was anonymous and thought Kebble was not asked to carry enough but he had a knock on the 5th minute that may have stopped him. McKay started out well before La Rochelle figured out how to defend him. Other than that, most of the side played well with a few mistakes here and there costing us. We are not far off competing with the best, we need to find that last layer of discipline.

I was surprised to hear the BBC radio pundits thinking we should/could have won that game, which broadly aligns with what you are saying Hazel.  It might just be me, but I had the impression throughout that La Rochelle had us at arms length and didn't really get out of 3rd gear.  The disparity in quality off the bench was huge too, we still have a lot of work to do in increasing the strength in depth of the pack.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 15 Dec 2021, 11:58 am

Pete Horne calls time on his career at 32 years old to move into coaching, becoming the new head coach of Ayrshire Bulls.

He was a player who really made the most of his abilities and is rightly a club legend. Who will ever forget his try against Northampton all those years ago.

Go well in the new role Pete.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

jimbopip, demosthenes and Hazel Sapling like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 15 Dec 2021, 1:49 pm

Furra Linee will be sorely missed. He was an excellent player who always gave everything. One of my favourite Warriors ever.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 15 Dec 2021, 2:02 pm

Pete Horne retiring at 32 while jimbo still gives his all with his bus pass in his back pocket.

Shows you the difference between those who play for the shirt and those that play for the Money.

I’ll let you decide which is which.

Great to see you are still alive after playing 40 mins and intercepting the ball with your coupon jimbo. I had to retire early due to not being able to afford shoulder reconstruction but even when I was young I hurt after every game and often my lungs were coughed up before the second half finished.

No way would I be able to run about a pitch these days. Injured or not.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 15 Dec 2021, 2:15 pm

Tiger, Les Dawson defined mixed emotions as , "Watching your mother in law drive off a cliff in your new car"
You start your post insulting Saint Peter Of The Horn and end it complimenting Raggedy Arsed Jimbo Of The Thirds.
Mixed emotions indeed.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 15 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm

Agree with BG, like Tim Swinson he made the most of his abilities.

It is a shame the end came so quick for him. It only seems like two years ago we were talking about him as an edge of the squad selection for Scotland and a good player for Glasgow. Would have like it for him to get one last run out but who knows, maybe he can bring through the next Russell at Ayr having watched the original grow up beside him.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 15 Dec 2021, 4:49 pm

Grow as a player? Certainly.
Grow up? Dancer?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 16 Dec 2021, 12:05 am

A talented rugby player for Glasgow certainly but he was never, ever international standard by any stretch.

I know in this day and age we shouldn’t say “he was too small” but either he was or he simply wasn’t physically up to par. Ran over at 12 for Scotland far too often.

Better than me? By a million miles.
Better than even the average international 12? No.

I don’t blame him for being picked. But my lord he was terrible for Scotland.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 16 Dec 2021, 12:09 am

A tad harsh there tattie. Yes he had some big blunders (missing touch against Italy, being run over by Tuilagi and Kuridrani) but he's also had some good performances for us at a time where we didn't have many other options at 12. 45 caps shouldn't be sniffed at.

He's a Glasgow legend though, there is no doubt.

RDW
Founder
Founder

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 16 Dec 2021, 9:31 am

That's extremely harsh Tattie - he's not my favourite player ever but he's been a linchpin at Glasgow for nearly a decade.

He did have some prominent errors playing for Scotland, but likewise was heavily involved in some great wins - to say he was terrible is very wide of the mark for me.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 16 Dec 2021, 10:38 am

Guys like Horne and Swinson will get panned for their time with Scotland because they got c.40 caps at a time when we were building up. If they were coming through now, both would struggle to get beyond 10 caps let alone 20.

Both were integral to Glasgow as the side was on the up with more than 100 appearances each and helped the current generation of players through having stayed through their primes.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 16 Dec 2021, 11:59 am

Ali Price re-signs for Glasgow for another 2 years.

That is a good bit of business with his stock on the ascendency following the Lions tour.

Still does not solve the problem of how to manage 3 decent SHs at Glasgow though and you do feel one of them should move on. That one would most likely be Georgie as Dobie is no doubt the future.

Would Edinburgh want him these days?

Vellacott seems to have taken the starting spot and Henry P backing him up. Blair, like other coaches before him, does not seem totally sold on Sheil unfortunately.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Thu 16 Dec 2021, 2:18 pm

BG

Morgan Parra leaves Clermont at the end of the season. Dobie could do worse than move to the Auvergne and duel it out with Sebastian Bezy for starting 9.
Probably won't happen, but it would be brilliant for his development. As you say 3 into 2 doesn't go at 9. Unless he moves ahead of wee Horne in the pecking order he is going to get limited game time for the next 2 seasons. IMO the captain should be Scotland's bench 9 within the next year, but without more game time it is unlikely to happen.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 16 Dec 2021, 2:23 pm

Would have preferred Price to be moving on of the three. His age and recent profile would have been expensive and probably he could have secured a good position elsewhere such as Gloucester or Wasps.

G Horne would fit with Bristol as a similar style player to Randall, otherwise I struggle to find a place for him where he would definitely secure playing time.

Dobie is going nowhere for the time being though he really needs to get exposure to the top of the league to kick on and reach his potential.

Weird to think that Glasgow probably have the financial muscle to keep our best players with the bloodletting occurring in the Premiership.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 16 Dec 2021, 2:32 pm

tigertattie wrote:A talented rugby player for Glasgow certainly but he was never, ever international standard by any stretch.

I know in this day and age we shouldn’t say “he was too small” but either he was or he simply wasn’t physically up to par. Ran over at 12 for Scotland far too often.

Better than me? By a million miles.
Better than even the average international 12? No.

I don’t blame him for being picked. But my lord he was terrible for Scotland.

You know a player is struggling to make an impact when the most anyone can say about them is that they ‘make those around them play better’ which was the standard Peter Horne line when it came to his Scotland appearances. And which never seemed to be based on and kind of evidence to me.

Certainly an excellent player for Glasgow and a great club career. A lot of his selections in Scotland squads were very justified off the back of consistently good performances in the league. He just really struggled to make the step up to international level and have the same kind of impact. I wouldn’t say he was terrible for Scotland, but for the most part pretty ineffective and on certain occasions (cough Japan RWC) certainly picked ahead of more deserving options.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 16 Dec 2021, 3:00 pm

I think Dobie has moved ahead of Horne already in all honesty but has been helped by GHs form being all over the place.

They do need to be csreful not to underplay Dobie though, this is his third season now and hd has been capped. He will no doubt start looking around if he feels he is not developing at Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 16 Dec 2021, 4:42 pm

The second row merry go round continues at Edinburgh with the not unexpected news that BBT is moving to Japan at the end of the season.

This was pretty much a dead cert as soon as the Skinner story emerged.

He has been a good player for the club but he moves on with the second row stable at Edinburgh in good shape with a crowd of younger, fitter options.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 16 Dec 2021, 6:21 pm

Toolis had a good career in Scotland, came over at 21 and will leave at 30 with 26 caps for Scotland. One of the leading line-out operators around at one point.

Injuries have really derailed him for a couple of years. Fingers crossed he can get himself into shape in Japan and have a fun twilight playing closer to home.

Still find Skinner a strange signing with
LK: Gilchrist, Hodgson, Sykes, Young, Phillips
BS: Ritchie, Haining, Boyle, Kunavula

Think we might be seeing Kunavula or Phillips on the way as well.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 16 Dec 2021, 7:57 pm

Toolis is another one in the club legend bracket and has often been underrated IMO. A real consistent performer, he's been absolutely deserving of his Scotland Caps. I can't remember which season it was but he put in an incredible run of games and I think we had the best lineout in the league. Similar there was s run of games for Scotland where he looked at home at that level - he just couldn't sustain it long-term mainly through competition and part injuries.

It's no surprise to see him move to Japan though as it seems his body is no longer coping well with top level rugby, plus the desire to be closer to home.

Hopefully he can get a run of games before he leaves.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 17 Dec 2021, 5:51 am

I have to put my comments about Jimbo's match summary here.  First of all, Jimbo thanks for sending me the PM to read this.  Absolutely fantastic!  In the immortal words of Cliff Morgan: "This is great stuff".

It's not just playing with your sons, which is awesome.  
Not just reading that you absolutely played the match in the true spirit of the game (bending an occasional law is as old as Rugby).  
Not even there might have been a little off the ball get-to-know-you stuff.  
But now I know your wife and mine have a common ancestor in Lady Macbeth!  

Leading the team out must have been great and coming off with the boys too.  Proud dad moments.....

Thanks again!!!!  

Now back to the unceasing banter...

doctor_grey

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 17 Dec 2021, 12:08 pm

Glasgow side to play Exeter

Bhatti - Turner - Zander (Kebble - Matthews - Pieretto)
Cummings - Gray (McDonald - Harley)
M Fagerson - Dempsey - Darge (Gordon)

Price - Thompson (Horne - Weir)
Johnson - Tuipulotu
Forbes - McKay - Steyn

Pretty much the same side with Kebble/Bhatti swapping and McDonald and Gordon in for Bean and Miller on the bench.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 Dec 2021, 12:11 pm

That's something we have not been used to withy Glasgow, consistent selection!

The team played well last week but will likely need to play better on saturday!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next