The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

+41
PhilBB
Rugby Fan
Collapse2005
BamBam
ScarletSpiderman
Oakdene
yappysnap
doctor_grey
propdavid_london
WELL-PAST-IT
sensisball
Highland Shaun
Filo8
MichaelT
Heaf
Maine man
Old Man
BigTrevsbigmac
RiscaGame
Recwatcher16
Mr Bounce
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pot Hale
Welshmushroom
Sgt_Pooly
profitius
Margin_Walker
Cumbrian
nathan
Poorfour
BigGee
lostinwales
geoff999rugby
LeinsterFan4life
Fluxy
Hazel Sapling
No 7&1/2
king_carlos
Geordie
mikey_dragon
formerly known as Sam
45 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 18 Jan 2022, 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

GeordieFalcon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:I think Schoeman has been injured for nearly all his time at Bath. Can play 10 and 15 though.

Chiefs look set to sign Leinster second row Dunne a 6ft8 122kg 21 year old for next season. Hasn't played this season yet due to an ankle injury. Replacement for one of the outgoing internationals it seems.

Just what we need!

At least your youngsters will get lots of game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 06 Oct 2022, 11:12 am

king_carlos wrote:Thinking of individual players I'd be delighted if Tigers could pick up Francois Venter. He wouldn't be the bank but is a very good defender and organiser at 12 or 13.

Last season Tigers midfield defensive alignment was one of our biggest strengths. Having Kelly, Moroni, Porter and Scott with largely good availability meant we could rotate whilst being very strong. Moroni moved on then injuries to Kelly, Porter and Scott have left it bare early on this season. The defence doesn't look the same at all.

I agree. Venter and Shillcock would be the ones I'd hope we'd be contacting the agents of. Shillcock because he would be an ideal Hegarty replacement and the type of squad player we could slot in to the 22 shirt and help cover a lot of the backline, very underrated. Venter as you say he's physical and a leader, could just help us cover for some injuries and potential call ups.

Don't know what the cap situation is like though and whether we'd just be easily outbid.

I'd like Seb Atkinson and Kvesic as well but I'm guessing someone with more cap will swoop for them.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Geordie Thu 06 Oct 2022, 11:27 am

Seb Atkinson is a promising young player.

To be honest Worcester have a decent squad with a raft of good players who would help another teams squad / team.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 06 Oct 2022, 12:02 pm

Geordie wrote:Seb Atkinson is a promising young player.

To be honest Worcester have a decent squad with a raft of good players who would help another teams squad / team.

Worcester have a passable squad with a few quality players and a number of young talents with potential. Diamond had started the rebuild pretty well there. Like a lot of sides towards the bottom end of the league the starting 15 is good but the surrounding squad players less so. The development from the academy for Wuss was looking bright though and I'd imagine there's a scrap ongoing to try and pick up the best of the 16 to 20 year olds that are cap friendly additions with a view to longer term development.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Thu 06 Oct 2022, 10:51 pm

Surprised nobody noticed this earlier but Bears have signed Batley from Wuss, not sure length of contract.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 07 Oct 2022, 7:42 am

Highland Shaun wrote:Surprised nobody noticed this earlier but Bears have signed Batley from Wuss, not sure length of contract.

He gave an interview saying he'd only got enough money to go one month without a pay cheque so not surprised he's taken the first half decent offer. The commute between the two shouldn't be too bad.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 07 Oct 2022, 9:20 am

Have heard Biggar will be leaving the Saints at the end of the season, wonder where he will end up.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 07 Oct 2022, 9:26 am

Oakdene wrote:Have heard Biggar will be leaving the Saints at the end of the season, wonder where he will end up.

Sounds like Saints were lining Fin Smith from Worcester up to replace him in any case, they may get him a bit sooner now.

Will Biggar retire after the WC, he is 32 and seems to be held together by sticky tape these days.

Am sure a Welsh region would snap him up, or maybe he might fancy one final pay day in France or Japan, which would be possible if he retired from international rugby I guess

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 07 Oct 2022, 9:30 am

France probably. He definitely won’t be coming back to Wales anyway.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 07 Oct 2022, 9:34 am

BigGee wrote:
Oakdene wrote:Have heard Biggar will be leaving the Saints at the end of the season, wonder where he will end up.

Sounds like Saints were lining Fin Smith from Worcester up to replace him in any case, they may get him a bit sooner now.

Will Biggar retire after the WC, he is 32 and seems to be held together by sticky tape these days.

Am sure a Welsh region would snap him up, or maybe he might fancy one final pay day in France or Japan, which would be possible if he retired from international rugby I guess

Japan sounds a good shout.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 07 Oct 2022, 1:20 pm

It would appear to be as a result of the reduction in the wage cap next year, he didn't renew his contract and it runs out at the end of this season, so they don't get the 25% reduction.

France would be a better option if he wishes to keep his international career going, with 100 plus caps I think he can still play for Wales.

Finn Russell is a very different sort of player; he may suit Saints attacking game better than Grayson. We also have the part timers Matavesi (J) and Furbank who are pretty good alternatives.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 07 Oct 2022, 1:24 pm

Fin Smith not Finn-sanity, WPI.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 07 Oct 2022, 1:35 pm

king_carlos wrote:Fin Smith not Finn-sanity, WPI.

Thick fingers or reading Mark Twain. I think the former.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 07 Oct 2022, 1:54 pm

9.Mitchell
10.Smith
11.Sleightholme
12.Hutchinson
13.Dingwall
14.Freeman
15.Furbank

The amount of young, predominantly EQP, talent in that potential Saints backline is impressive.

I think Fin Smith could flourish into a very special player in the Saints backline and being coached by Vesty.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 07 Oct 2022, 1:59 pm

Javian Sebastian to Edinburgh from Scarlets?

Would be good for his international ambitions!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 07 Oct 2022, 2:07 pm

king_carlos wrote:9.Mitchell
10.Smith
11.Sleightholme
12.Hutchinson
13.Dingwall
14.Freeman
15.Furbank

The amount of young, predominantly EQP, talent in that potential Saints backline is impressive.

I think Fin Smith could flourish into a very special player in the Saints backline and being coached by Vesty.

Don't forget Ethan Grayson and George Hendy who looked so good in the U19s for England, another couple of years and they will be competing for a place in that backline which would make it all EQP with a spare.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 07 Oct 2022, 2:12 pm

I was half expecting Murray McCallum to end up back at Edinburgh to add some prop depth.

Whilst his career stuttered after that bright start he seemed to be rediscovering some of that early promise with Worcester, getting game time and playing pretty solidly. I hope his career isn't one that falls by the wayside due to the Wuss situation just as it was looking up again but he is the sort of player it could happen to. Not young enough to be really be a prospect anymore but not quite solidified himself at the top level. Hopefully he gets a chance.

Watching Murray early on with the U20s, Heriots (in the Scottish Prem then) and his Edinburgh breakthrough he looked a real talent. So much physicality and played both sides but it's just never quite happened for him.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 07 Oct 2022, 2:57 pm

king_carlos wrote:I was half expecting Murray McCallum to end up back at Edinburgh to add some prop depth.

Whilst his career stuttered after that bright start he seemed to be rediscovering some of that early promise with Worcester, getting game time and playing pretty solidly. I hope his career isn't one that falls by the wayside due to the Wuss situation just as it was looking up again but he is the sort of player it could happen to. Not young enough to be really be a prospect anymore but not quite solidified himself at the top level. Hopefully he gets a chance.

Watching Murray early on with the U20s, Heriots (in the Scottish Prem then) and his Edinburgh breakthrough he looked a real talent. So much physicality and played both sides but it's just never quite happened for him.

I agree about MM as well, everyone except for Cockers seemed to rate him quite highly. I wonder if the JS deal had already been done but not announced, which might have scuppered that move for him.

Trouble is for him, that Glasgow probably not really needing a TH either atm, we have just signed another Argentinian.

I hope he gets another contract, but at the moment, it is hard to see where.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 10 Oct 2022, 10:19 am

Sutherland to Ulster for the rest of the season, followed by Kitshoff next season on a 3 year deal was confirmed over the weekend. Ulster have certainly overtaken Munster if it wasn't already clear.

In other news, Dillon Lewis to Dragons.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 10 Oct 2022, 10:46 am

Quinn Roux to Ulster is a rumour doing the rounds

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Oct 2022, 11:43 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Sutherland to Ulster for the rest of the season, followed by Kitshoff next season on a 3 year deal was confirmed over the weekend. Ulster have certainly overtaken Munster if it wasn't already clear.

I didn't realise Ulster had signed Kitschoff, that's a hell of a signing. Right up there with Gengy as the premier LH around currently for me.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 10 Oct 2022, 6:28 pm

So Smith has signed early for Northampton as King said he would. And rumours that Morozov, Lee-Warner and Lawrence have now signed deals to the end of the season according to Chris Jones. Interesting to hear Hill is still on the 4 week deal; wonder is someone is trying to strike a deal with him.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 10 Oct 2022, 6:45 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Sutherland to Ulster for the rest of the season, followed by Kitshoff next season on a 3 year deal was confirmed over the weekend. Ulster have certainly overtaken Munster if it wasn't already clear.

I didn't realise Ulster had signed Kitschoff, that's a hell of a signing. Right up there with Gengy as the premier LH around currently for me.

And they have to make do with Sutherland until Kitschoff arrives. Hard life for the Ulster scrum coach...

Rumours are Ted Hill has offers from Chiefs and Sale on the table and interest from half the rest of the league. Seeing as he can play 6/8 as well as cover 7 and lock to a decent standard that's kind of expected I suppose.

Still great work by Bath to get those three they have until the end of the season Lawrence looked really good on his debut.

Jamie Shillcock rumoured to be in talks with Tigers. An ideal replacement for Hegarty.

Couple of their younger props have already been snapped up by Bedford and Doncaster.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 10 Oct 2022, 6:55 pm

Hill would be either a perfect long term heir to Ewers at Chiefs or an option to replace Simmonds as their starting 8. The latter would require a significant shift in tactics but most 8s replacing Simmonds would given he's an unusual style of 8.

At Sale he'd presumably be the long term replacement for Jono Ross. Again he'd settle in perfectly. Curry x 2 at 7. du Preez x 2 and Hill as 6 and 8 options. 5 players but all quality and several of them versatile. Smaller squad numbers but concentrating on quality and versatility then using academy to fill out depth seems to be where the league is moving post covid.

king_carlos

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 11 Oct 2022, 6:28 am

Lawrence to Bath is announced as a long term deal. Mike Ashley apparently interested in Wasps. Yikes, second worst owner Newcastle have had after the current butchers.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Tue 11 Oct 2022, 10:55 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Lawrence to Bath is announced as a long term deal. Mike Ashley apparently interested in Wasps. Yikes, second worst owner Newcastle have had after the current butchers.

Lawrence will be a good signing. Bath haven't had a midfield ball carrier for quite a while and noticeable how Cokanasiga has been coming off his wing a lot more recently to provide a carrier option. Not that scoring tries has been a problem for Bath, as currently third highest points scorer in the league this season. Defence however is still work in progress..... and the long term serious injury stats still seem to be off the charts compared to everyone else, something not right there.

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 11 Oct 2022, 1:39 pm

Recwatcher16 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Lawrence to Bath is announced as a long term deal. Mike Ashley apparently interested in Wasps. Yikes, second worst owner Newcastle have had after the current butchers.

Lawrence will be a good signing. Bath haven't had a midfield ball carrier for quite a while and noticeable how Cokanasiga has been coming off his wing a lot more recently to provide a carrier option. Not that scoring tries has been a problem for Bath, as currently third highest points scorer in the league this season. Defence however is still work in progress..... and the long term serious injury stats still seem to be off the charts compared to everyone else, something not right there.

I thought Lawrence was a real standout for Bath in defence, read the game really well at the weekend. Working with Joseph is only likely to improve his positioning. Seems to have turned a corner this season and Bath have picked up him up at a great time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 11 Oct 2022, 3:23 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Quinn Roux to Ulster is a rumour doing the rounds

I would be absolutely amazed if this is true.
We already have 6 Locks.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 11 Oct 2022, 5:45 pm

Saracens sign Tom Howe and Andrew Kitchener from Worcester. Odd selection from those still available if you wanted a wing and a lock but Sarries have previously got good value out of unheralded squad signings.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 11 Oct 2022, 7:13 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:

We already have 6 Locks.

I should qualify that.

Are we talking next year ?
If so it would make sense - replacement for Carter

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 11 Oct 2022, 7:22 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

We already have 6 Locks.

I should qualify that.

Yes exactly. It's a weak rumour as it's simply born out of the fact that Quinn apparently wants to go back to Ireland.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 11 Oct 2022, 8:54 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

We already have 6 Locks.

I should qualify that.

He's under contract with Bath for this season so would have to be next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 18 Oct 2022, 5:45 pm

Charlie Atkinson to Leicester rumour.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 18 Oct 2022, 8:28 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Charlie Atkinson to Leicester rumour.

Burns out of contract in the summer with his Japanese club allegedly keen to bring him back. Atkinson would be an ideal long term replacement.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 19 Oct 2022, 2:58 pm

Lots of rumours about Launchbury to Quins

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 19 Oct 2022, 8:21 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:

Burns out of contract in the summer with his Japanese club allegedly keen to bring him back. Atkinson would be an ideal long term replacement.

Burns would do great to go back to Japan.

He's a quality back up player but for me has just never quite had the extra percent to be first choice 10.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 19 Oct 2022, 8:34 pm

yappysnap wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:

Burns would do great to go back to Japan.

He's a quality back up player but for me has just never quite had the extra percent to be first choice 10.

He had the potential, I think he's probably to laid back and on field maybe lacks the patience of the international flyhalfs. Borthwick certainly found extra from him last season when he dropped him, Burns has admitted that, that stung and he went out of his way to prove a point after that. He's also very popular behind the scenes and looks after the gym tunes etc at the club.

You are certainly right, he's not going to be a first choice anywhere in the Prem now. He was popular in Japan for his stint there last time and at 33 by the end of his contract he could easily go and do three years out there and pad out his pension.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 20 Oct 2022, 12:40 am

Please resist your moral digs on here....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 20 Oct 2022, 6:54 am

Thought we'd been asked not to comment further by a mod geordie. Tut.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 20 Oct 2022, 8:15 am

Then you should take heed of the mods warning....which you clearly hadn't...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 20 Oct 2022, 8:26 am

Geordie we were warned, i dont know why you want to get argumentative over a post from over a week ago when this was discussed separately on another thread afterwards and were told its the end. If you want to get banned you ain't taking me with you!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 20 Oct 2022, 8:31 am

Haven't been on here much first time I saw that post....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 20 Oct 2022, 8:34 am

Fair enough but this time i'm playing nicely.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 20 Oct 2022, 10:20 am

Dan Thomas will join Scarlets on a 2 week loan. It sounds like Bristol are signing someone EQ in the back-row?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 20 Oct 2022, 11:39 am

That'd be the Willis rumour?

Bassett rumoured to be off the Harlequins.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 20 Oct 2022, 12:04 pm

The Bassett news is new. Perhaps Quins are looking for someone if Lynagh isnt coming back from injury any time soon.
Or more likely thinking that Caden Murley might be more involved with England than initially planned.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 20 Oct 2022, 12:07 pm

Its really sad, but there will be a lot of very good players that are available for cut price deals at the moment - just simply because the current market place situation is horrendous.
If not morning abroad then you would assume that players are signing short term deals in order to re-negotiate when things a looking a bit better (ie salary cap rise).

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 20 Oct 2022, 12:10 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Dan Thomas will join Scarlets on a 2 week loan. It sounds like Bristol are signing someone EQ in the back-row?

Bristol haven't got a game for two weeks and if I remember rightly then Dan Thomas has been injured and could do with the game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 20 Oct 2022, 1:09 pm

Green apparently carrying an injury too so Basset seems more than decent cover.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 20 Oct 2022, 4:56 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:That'd be the Willis rumour?

That's what a few have been saying, not sure which Willis though.

I imagine Koch would go to France or Japan, as nobody else can afford him?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 21 Oct 2022, 6:31 am

Alo's gone to Racing then. Wonder if he'll be another English man to enhance his rep over there.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next