The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
12 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jan 2023, 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
alfie wrote:nomenclature

Lovely stuff, alfie. Not a word we see often on here.

Reminds of the time Jeff used 'oeuvre' when describing some j*zz singer.

Although he was being deliberately pompous whereas I suspect yours is accidental pomposity.

F*ck off, Tino, can you not see that I'm already grooming alfie?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 31 May 2023, 11:04 am

I'm just glad Arshdeep doesn't play tests. He's such a slippery customer.

Cummins aside; I can imagine a lot of drooling from the Indian side if we see Kishan behind the stumps with Pant down at the moment.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 31 May 2023, 3:13 pm

goon is a troll, right?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 01 Jun 2023, 8:59 am

Taken me a few days but I must express my admiration for PJ's excellent report on the state of my home town... Must confess I don't get out of my own cosy suburb so much these days since no longer working 9 to 5 but all those descriptions ring very true.

Particularly taken with the reference to "ferals" around Flinders St station. Many years ago I had a spell driving a taxi at night ; and found myself sitting on the rank outside that station around 2-3 am , when a rather scruffy looking character came aboard and requested passage to a slightly vague location out west in the industrial/dockside area. You can't refuse a fare at that time so we set off smoothly enough until , as we reached a relatively empty stretch of road , my passenger intoned "You know , this is where we take the taxi drivers when we want to mug them " in a sort of quietly menacing growl. Have to admit to a little touch of apprehension despite figuring it was a bit too obvious to be anything but a poor attempt at humour - but was wondering if perhaps I should have taken a colleague's advice to always keep a tyre iron under the driver's seat...

Not to worry anyway . He indicated the destination point somewhere in the deserted dock area and alighted gracefully enough - paying the fare without complaint and bid me good morning so all well . Didn't give me a tip though Smile

Glad to hear you had a good time in Melbourne , PJ. And survived a football match featuring Carlton and Collingwood ! (Which to a Richmond fan like me is akin to being stuck on a tram with Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot) Agree that view from high in the Olympic Stand is a good one OK

One of these days I will have to venture up to Sydney again (has been a few years) and see how time has changed it - though I suspect it will still be a different world. And I mean that in a good way !

And by the way , Galted : we don't have Box Jellyfish. Though the magpies are pretty rugged...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 01 Jun 2023, 10:00 am

Northern Hemisphere fist. I think our friend on the off topic boards has a funny way of typing 'amm' than makes it look like an 'o'. It is not a phrase I like to use but in this case seems relevant.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 01 Jun 2023, 11:16 am

alfie wrote:Taken me a few days but I must express my admiration for PJ's excellent report on the state of my home town...  Must confess I don't get out of my own cosy suburb so much these days since no longer working 9 to 5 but all those descriptions ring very true.

Glad to hear you had a good time in Melbourne , PJ. And survived a football match featuring Carlton and Collingwood ! (Which to a Richmond fan like me is akin to being stuck on a tram with Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot) Agree that view from high in the Olympic Stand is a good one OK

One of these days I will have to venture up to Sydney again (has been a few years) and see how time has changed it - though I suspect it will still be a different world. And I mean that in a good way !

And by the way , Galted : we don't have Box Jellyfish. Though the magpies are pretty rugged...

Thanks for your fine appraisal of my Melbourne Report, alfie.

I forgot to mention how proud I was was to know that I was still in Australia; yet it felt very different. A bit of an English or a European feel in the more established garden suburbs mixed with the invigorating bustle of having been unsuspectingly landed in a potentially dangerous 'dockside' area of a East Coast US city in other parts. Like Boston or Baltimore? I quite enjoyed that heady mixture of raw urbanity and peaceful green open spaces.

Yes, as a neutral to that game, I was half trying not to laugh (at all the conversations on the trams) and half in fear of being confronted by someone (which was also amusing) when certain supporters vented their strong allegiance to their team. They then looked around the carriage for any reaction or more likely; support or recognition. It was so tribal. I did my best to 'play the tourist' - and I think I just got away with it.

That taxi trip sounded dangerous. One of my builders always had a large crow bar within reach when driving his truck. I expressed my shock when I spotted it and he just let out a maniacal laugh. I suppose the tyre iron would equally do the job if ever threatened by anyone in heavy traffic.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 02 Jun 2023, 9:09 am

Fistory will prove me right.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Jun 2023, 9:12 am

Sicond lickdown hurts.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 Jun 2023, 9:26 am

That's what they said in Nazi Germany.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Jun 2023, 9:37 am

Yeah, just ask Blondi.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 05 Jun 2023, 12:54 pm

Fist of the week!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 05 Jun 2023, 1:03 pm

Now then, supes, top review as always and seems bang in my wheelhouse will check that out.

Sicond

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 05 Jun 2023, 1:15 pm

Cheers Rick.

If you like the Raid films then I think you'll like this one. Definitely ups the level of violence even more so than The Raid 2 and the fight choreography is incredible, but overall probably not as well made as those films.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 05 Jun 2023, 1:17 pm

Yep, loved them, have stuck it on the old watchlist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 05 Jun 2023, 1:26 pm

Great review, Supes. Textbook.

Only gripe is the unnecessary Sky Glass reference. Stop showing off, flower. You're better than that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 05 Jun 2023, 1:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Great review, Supes. Textbook.

Only gripe is the unnecessary Sky Glass reference. Stop showing off, flower. You're better than that.

I'm not and it was essential to the thriftiness rating.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 05 Jun 2023, 1:51 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Did you know that if you watch Antz on Sky Glass, they all just shrivel up and die?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 05 Jun 2023, 1:55 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Did you know that if you watch Antz on Sky Glass, they all just shrivel up and die?

L*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 05 Jun 2023, 3:07 pm

Enjoyed that film. I think there is at least one more on Netflix by the same 'ensemble' From a brief glance it might be 'headshot'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 05 Jun 2023, 3:08 pm

lostinwales wrote:Enjoyed that film. I think there is at least one more on Netflix by the same 'ensemble' From a brief glance it might be 'headshot'

The text about it on IMDB is as follows...

Uwais plays a young man who washes ashore, an amnesiac with a serious head injury whose past comes back to haunt him shortly after being nursed back to health by a young doctor. Violence ensues. Sweet, sweet violence.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 05 Jun 2023, 3:33 pm

lostinwales wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Enjoyed that film. I think there is at least one more on Netflix by the same 'ensemble' From a brief glance it might be 'headshot'

Uwais plays a young man who washes ashore, an amnesiac with a serious head injury whose past comes back to haunt him shortly after being nursed back to health by a young doctor. Violence ensues. Sweet, sweet violence.

I started watching Headshot the other night but I'd had one can too many and can't remember anything that I saw before I fell asleep. I'm going to start it again this week.

There's also another one called the Big 4 by the same director which looks like it be good.

I'm about to update my review with a quote from the film that I just remembered. It's a zinger!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 05 Jun 2023, 3:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

I started watching Headshot the other night but I'd had one can too many and can't remember anything that I saw before I fell asleep.  I'm going to start it again this week.  

There's also another one called the Big 4 by the same director which looks like it be good.  

I'm about to update my review with a quote from the film that I just remembered.  It's a zinger!

Good spot

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 05 Jun 2023, 3:53 pm

superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

I started watching Headshot the other night but I'd had one can too many and can't remember anything that I saw before I fell asleep.  I'm going to start it again this week.  

I'm about to update my review with a quote from the film that I just remembered.  It's a zinger!

Two?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 05 Jun 2023, 4:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Two?

Last time I drink sherry.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 06 Jun 2023, 12:33 pm

Fist.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Jun 2023, 12:48 pm

Sicond... hand over fist.

Smell the cheese!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 06 Jun 2023, 12:50 pm

Tirdistan.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Jun 2023, 12:56 pm

superflyweight wrote:Tirdistan.  

Another Central Asian republic Putin invaded. I bet Truss blames the poor Tirds for that as well.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

superflyweight and alfie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 06 Jun 2023, 2:46 pm

Who was Astrud Gilberto?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 06 Jun 2023, 3:45 pm

lostinwales wrote:Who was Astrud Gilberto?

The Girl from East Dundee Ma.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 06 Jun 2023, 4:00 pm

Her death will be greeted with a certain sadness.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Jun 2023, 2:11 pm

Fist post out of Saigon.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Jun 2023, 2:21 pm

superflyweight wrote:Fist post out of Saigon.  

Draw with honour.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Jun 2023, 8:21 pm

Sh*t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 Jun 2023, 9:14 pm

That's a relief. I was almost sure you were Francoise Gilot.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 07 Jun 2023, 10:21 pm

Galted wrote:Sh*t on here today.

To be fair, we did find out today that Truss is a war hero, so naturally we're all stunned and unable to type much.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Jun 2023, 9:01 am

Faust!
Thats what we'd be saying if Truss and his grandad hadn't saved us from the Nazis.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Jun 2023, 9:09 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Faust!
Thats what we'd be saying if Truss and his grandad hadn't saved us from the Nazis.

Sicond.  

Always confused by the argument "you would be speaking [insert language] if it wasn't for us - (a) language skills are a good thing and I'd love to be able to speak German fluently, and (b) local language tends not to completely disappear in the face of colonialization and a language as wide spread as English would certainly not have.  The reality is that the Germans would have spoken English more often - certainly the occupying Germans who would have quickly tired of our inability to grasp other languages beyond a broken attempt to ask directions to the swimming pool or police station.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 08 Jun 2023, 9:27 am

superflyweight wrote:

Sicond.  

Always confused by the argument "you would be speaking [insert language] if it wasn't for us - (a) language skills are a good thing and I'd love to be able to speak German fluently, and (b) local language tends not to completely disappear in the face of colonialization and a language as wide spread as English would certainly not have.  The reality is that the Germans would have spoken English more often - certainly the occupying Germans who would have quickly tired of our inability to grasp other languages beyond a broken attempt to ask directions to the swimming pool or police station.

They would have drowned in their own split infinitives... but not before getting a proper battering from Dad's Army on the beach at Deal.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Jun 2023, 9:47 am

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Sicond.  

They would have drowned in their own split infinitives... but not before getting a proper battering from Dad's Army on the beach at Deal.

I see you've fired your own shots on the Ukraine thread, PJ.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 08 Jun 2023, 10:22 am

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Sicond.  

I see you've fired your own shots on the Ukraine thread, PJ.  

Indeed. Did I go too hard or not hard enough? I've still got plenty of ammo if required.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 08 Jun 2023, 10:36 am

Bloody hell, just had a look at the Ukraine thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 08 Jun 2023, 11:14 am

superflyweight wrote:

Sicond.  

They may also have got fed up with being asked about their aunt's pen

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 08 Jun 2023, 11:17 am

Galted wrote:Bloody hell, just had a look at the Ukraine thread.

Terrible how the Ukrainians nuked Japan to end the British invasion of Washington. Does that about cover it?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 08 Jun 2023, 11:20 am

lostinwales wrote:

Terrible how the Ukrainians nuked Japan to end the British invasion of Washington. Does that about cover it?

Basically. Hugh Jackman's gonna do a new musical about it all. Fascist Ninja Hot Shoes on the Potomac.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 08 Jun 2023, 11:22 am

Can we change this thread to the cucumber sandwich thread now?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Jun 2023, 12:04 pm

H*gh J*ckman is a c*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 08 Jun 2023, 12:28 pm

lostinwales wrote:

Until Captain Truss drove them out with a bayonet he had the right to bear.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 08 Jun 2023, 12:30 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:H*gh J*ckman is a c*nt.

My mind has now accepted this as GOSPEL based on your original anecdote and subsequent brainwashing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Jun 2023, 1:25 pm

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:H*gh J*ckman is a c*nt.

My mind has now accepted this as GOSPEL based on your original anecdote and subsequent brainwashing.

FACT.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Jun 2023, 10:07 am

Fist. I'm not a Russian holidaying at an Egyptian Red Sea resort.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next