The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
12 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jan 2023, 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
alfie wrote:nomenclature

Lovely stuff, alfie. Not a word we see often on here.

Reminds of the time Jeff used 'oeuvre' when describing some j*zz singer.

Although he was being deliberately pompous whereas I suspect yours is accidental pomposity.

F*ck off, Tino, can you not see that I'm already grooming alfie?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 19 May 2023, 7:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Galted caught on camera -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65648245

I am so totally going to demand Mummy and Daddy sue that beastly man.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon 22 May 2023, 2:11 pm

Fist! What is this thread coming to?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 May 2023, 2:48 pm

Sorry, I'm too busy posting comprehensive and thought provoking film reviews.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 May 2023, 1:07 pm

I wonder which one of us was Rolf Harris.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 23 May 2023, 1:25 pm

Wasn't that one of Truss' aliases?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 May 2023, 1:26 pm

Guy at a bank I worked at once had a couple of Rolf Harris paintings. True story.

Purchased pre-nonce revelation. I don't know if he still has them as he was a bit of a c*nt so don't keep in touch but I wonder if they've gone up in value.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 23 May 2023, 1:34 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Guy at a bank I worked at once had a couple of Rolf Harris paintings. True story.

Purchased pre-nonce revelation. I don't know if he still has them as he was a bit of a c*nt so don't keep in touch but I wonder if they've gone up in value.

I'm not Rolf Harris, but my dad has met him (also pre-nonce revelation).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 May 2023, 1:37 pm

Does it have anything to do with the time your arl man got arrested?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 May 2023, 1:47 pm

I saw him live when I was a kid (also pre-nonce).  I like to think that it was my rugged good looks which drove him to abuse children.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 May 2023, 2:01 pm

Galted wrote:I saw him live when I was a kid (also pre-nonce).  I like to think that it was my rugged good looks which drove him to abuse children.

I saw him briefly as a kid too. Some outdoor show where he performed with his wobble board singing nonsense lyrics. I wasn't all that impressed.

In fact, I had my doubts about him way back then. Should have reported him to the police on suspicion he was up to 'no good' in his spare time.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 23 May 2023, 2:16 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Does it have anything to do with the time your arl man got arrested?

He didn't get arrested. He just got drunk, something embarrassing happened and the story made it into the local paper.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 May 2023, 2:42 pm

I've done plenty of embarrassing things whilst drunk but never ended up in the papers.

Did it involve midgets and The Proclaimers?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 23 May 2023, 4:18 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I've done plenty of embarrassing things whilst drunk but never ended up in the papers.

Did it involve midgets and The Proclaimers?

She was a dwarf!

No, he just did himself a serious mischief (broken neck) and was almost paralysed. Combination of being very drunk and trying to find the toilet on a Megabus.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 23 May 2023, 4:56 pm

Rolf Harris was 93 so too young to have been one of us.

So who was Ray Stevenson?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 May 2023, 7:44 pm

lostinwales wrote:Rolf Harris was 93 so too young to have been one of us.

He chose the wrong day to die if he likes attention.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 May 2023, 10:47 pm

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Rolf Harris was 93 so too young to have been one of us.

He chose the wrong day to die if he likes attention.

So it took them 2 weeks to get his 3rd leg into the coffin?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 24 May 2023, 12:13 pm

May as well fist it.

Pal Joey wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Sicond, a colleague is in Melbourne (I don't know him personally) and always posts facts about the city he is in on L**kedin.

Melbourne
Where the major streets are all 99 ft wide
True. The streets were surveyed 1 1/2 chains (a chain being 66ft, so they were 99ft; 30m), the blocks at 10 chains (660 ft; 200 m) square, with allotments 1 chain (66 ft; 20 m) wide. It was laid out by Robert Hoddle. See diagram below.
Hoddle Grid:

Where the airline black box was invented
True. A sad story associated with the inventor, David Warren. See story below.
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/how-an-aussie-scientist-came-up-with-the-idea-of-the-black-box-flight-recorder/news-story/ceb834e5e37200b4016ec7623db72659

Home of the world's largest tram system
I think this is also true. It's pretty extensive. It consists of 250 kilometres (160 miles) of double track, 493 trams, 24 routes, and 1,763 tram stops. I found it really easy to get around the place.

I'm going down to Alfieland in a couple of weeks for a footy match (Carlton-Collingwood) and to catch up with an old friend... who's done quite well for herself. I'll ask about these claims, rIck, and report back to you.

rIck_dAgless wrote:Much obliged, Peej, I always love a good review from your good self, so will look forward to that thumbsup

I had a great trip down to Alfie-opolis over the weekend, rIck. It's a great place with a cool vibe. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer.

Friendly people - except for a few aggro words overheard at the footy but I don't count that as conversation. I stayed right in the heart of town so it was easy to hop on a tram and go in all directions. It's free travel in the city grid area and pretty cheap fares when you travel a bit further. Did a bit of a loop out to St Kilda (was thinking of Warnie) then through Malvern, Toorak (very posh!), Kooyong and back down Riversdale Rd through Hawthorn, Richmond and past the G. Wish I had more time to explore further.

It was a real buzz catching the tram again out to the game for the 3:20pm kick off. Lucky I left when I did because there were massive amounts of people going to the game. One of the great rivalries. The Collingwood fans were sounding very confident; Carlton fans less so. So easy to get into the ground. Things have changed a lot since I was last there. All state of the art stands. It's more like a cross between a museum and an airport lounge with seating for 100,000 people on the inside.

My seat was way up high in the Olympic Stand... just beside the MCC Members and just to the left of the centre goal square looking south or SW. Almost a full house (80k) and superb atmosphere. Apart from the general roar when Collingwood scored (you see the flags move first... then about a second later the noise arrives) you can also hear every single word from all the characters sitting around you. In my case, losing Carlton supporters. It was quite funny as a neutral.

There were the typical 'know-alls' saying things like (add your own expletives)

"Oh Zac! What are you doing?! You effing idiot!"
"Kick it you effing fool!"
"I could've kicked that. He is so effin' useless!!"
"Why isn't that a 50 metre penalty you eff-wit umpire... it was for them you effing d*ickhead!"
"Ohhh... so that wasn't a tackle and you're allowed to hold the ball now?"
"You let that effin' cheat Daicos get away with it! Why not Harry?"

and one of my favourites:
"You complete f! Where's his prior opportunity?!!" (meaning the umpire didn't give the player enough time to get rid of - or dispose - the ball)

Even at the time I was thinking. This must happen week after week; year after year... all of the time for over 150 years the game has been played.

Had a good walk back to the hotel through the tennis precinct and along through the parks and alongside the Yarra. It felt very safe.

The only sort of (partly) feral area I saw was around Flinders St Station (Swanston/Flinders St) where there were a few dodgy looking crack heads wailing abuse at the sky (?) mostly and carrying on like complete and utter nutters. Otherwise, lots of happy people and tourists like me.

Met my friend at her offices in North Fitzroy on the Monday. Again, so easy to get to by tram door to door. That area is quite old and parts of it seemed run down but the locals have 'gone to town' - creating a buzzing atmosphere with funky shops and signage and perhaps just a little too much graffiti for my liking... but at least it covers all the flaky old paint on the walls and the people seem quite energised and industrious in that sort of environment.

I had a quick flight back - only 63 minutes with the tail wind. All in all, would love to go there again and it really is different (and has a totally complimentary feel) to Sydney. It's so close (only 700 km or 435 miles) but it does feel like another world. Can't wait to go back again.

Flinders St:
MCG:
Rod Laver Arena:
Strange lights:
View from Southbank:
"Beyonce":
Rubbish and Graffiti:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 May 2023, 2:26 pm

That was an excellent read, PJ. I do think it was a bit sneaky of you to claim that Melbourne's safe though when everyone knows it's swarming with box jellyfish and king brown snakes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 24 May 2023, 7:09 pm

I see the gooner is making predictable Nazi comparisons on the new off topic thread. I'm starting to feel sorry for him - I blame the parents.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 May 2023, 7:55 pm

I remember the good old days when I could find all the political hysteria I wanted on the golf thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 24 May 2023, 7:58 pm

Yes, those days were simply the best.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 May 2023, 8:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Yes, those days were simply the best.

What's the above got to do with it?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 May 2023, 8:10 pm

I thought the new political thread I so lovingly created would last at least four days before descending into Nazi comparisons.

Sad to hear the news about Tina 'Tino' Turner.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 May 2023, 8:41 pm

Duty281 wrote:Tina 'Tino' Turner.

Shocked

I cannot believe that I never made the connection.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 24 May 2023, 8:56 pm

Sad week for music with first Rolf Harris and now TT

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 May 2023, 9:18 pm

lostinwales wrote:Sad week for music with first Rolf Harris and now TT

Oh no, not Travis Tritt!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 May 2023, 9:01 am

I'm not Tina Turner.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 May 2023, 9:43 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm not Tina Turner.  

You're more like Ike Turner with your aggro on the political thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 May 2023, 10:08 am

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'm not Tina Turner.  

You're more like Ike Turner with your aggro on the political thread.

She's up there now with Ike, her singing, him on bass glaring at her. Reunited at last.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 May 2023, 10:31 am

I'm also not Tino Turner.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 May 2023, 10:54 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm also not Tino Turner.

L*l out loud.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 26 May 2023, 11:56 am

Friday FIST!

Glad things are going back to the normal 4 day week next week.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 26 May 2023, 12:40 pm

Afternoon sicond. Missed Tino's excellent post yesterday. I suspect that, in the future, I will mistakenly refer to Tina Turner as Tino Turner and be ridiculed by those who once held me in high regard.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 May 2023, 1:37 pm

Galted wrote:Afternoon sicond.  Missed Tino's excellent post yesterday.  I suspect that, in the future, I will mistakenly refer to Tina Turner as Tino Turner and be ridiculed by those who once held me in high regard.

It's all been very confusing for me as Supes has been calling me Tina for years.

I'm glad she died and enabled my witty post as I'm hoping he will now revert to calling me Tino.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 26 May 2023, 3:53 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Afternoon sicond.  Missed Tino's excellent post yesterday.  I suspect that, in the future, I will mistakenly refer to Tina Turner as Tino Turner and be ridiculed by those who once held me in high regard.

It's all been very confusing for me as Supes has been calling me Tina for years.

I'm glad she died and enabled my witty post as I'm hoping he will now revert to calling me Tino.

I think it was jeff that started the Tina thing - something to do with you being a Strictly superfan.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 May 2023, 4:43 pm

It was, and I'm not.

And that was rich coming from Jeff seeing as he is a j*zz fan and online influencer.

The big bell end.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 30 May 2023, 10:24 am

Fist,

top review as always, peej, I can't compete so won't bother with my Krakow one, though suffice to say that being taken out by the locals (as in for food and drink, not wet work) is absolutely the way to go.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 30 May 2023, 11:28 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Fist,

top review as always, peej, I can't compete so won't bother with my Krakow one, though suffice to say that being taken out by the locals (as in for food and drink, not wet work) is absolutely the way to go.

Sicond.

Thanks rIck. Hope you had a great time there in Krakow.

I had a wonderful night out in Zawiercie, which is just north-east of Katowice, in the summer of 2005. The hosts plied me with black vodka which we drank through a wheat straw. Got absolutely smashed in no time but felt like I could still walk a tightrope if I had to. They were very proud of the purity of their local poison. It was one of those nights that I'll never forget.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 30 May 2023, 12:08 pm

If you did forget it, how would you know that you'd forgotten it?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 30 May 2023, 12:09 pm

Bit hurt that Rick can't be arsed with his Krakow review when Tino and I poured our hearts into ours.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 30 May 2023, 2:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:If you did forget it, how would you know that you'd forgotten it?

Sorry, I forgot to keep an eye on this thread. Thought you'd all forgotten it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 30 May 2023, 8:04 pm

I see Tongue is being his test match debut.
I wonder if we'll see Tongue up against de Kock.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 30 May 2023, 8:24 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I see Tongue is being his test match debut.
I wonder if we'll see Tongue up against de Kock.

Would've been one of the all time great posts if you hadn't f*cked up the first line so spectacularly.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 30 May 2023, 8:25 pm

I got Tongue-tied.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 30 May 2023, 9:15 pm

The cheek of it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 30 May 2023, 9:24 pm

You might get to see Tongue up against Head this summer, with Wood pounding in from the other end.

But, anyway, back to the cricket.

Duty281

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 31 May 2023, 10:01 am

Crikey, go away for a day and this place turned into Grinder.

Maybe Jake Ball will make a return. We all want to see Tongue against Ball.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 31 May 2023, 10:22 am

Don't forget Willey. I reckon Tongue would be all over Willey.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 31 May 2023, 10:33 am

Must not overlook Salman Butt.

With his weakness outside off stump, Tongue could really get into Butt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 31 May 2023, 10:38 am

I was working on something along the lines of 'Willey might be a bit hard for Tongue' but my chance has slipped away.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next