The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Vs England match thread for yappy now the match is going ahead

+27
Yoda
bsando
Unclear
Poorfour
Heaf
Duty281
eirebilly_01
George Carlin
TAFKA The Oracle
majesticimperialman
chris_501
BamBam
Recwatcher16
RiscaGame
formerly known as Sam
mikey_dragon
lostinwales
dummy_half
Sharkey06
hugehandoff
Geordie
mountain man
No 7&1/2
Sgt_Pooly
yappysnap
doctor_grey
king_carlos
31 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wales Vs England match thread for yappy now the match is going ahead - Page 2 Empty Wales Vs England match thread for yappy now the match is going ahead

Post by king_carlos Wed 22 Feb 2023, 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

What it says on the tin.

I can't believe Youngs has been dropped...

king_carlos

yappysnap likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wales Vs England match thread for yappy now the match is going ahead - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales Vs England match thread for yappy now the match is going ahead

Post by Sharkey06 Fri 24 Feb 2023, 10:22 pm

The build up to the match must be pretty boring if we are discussing media training manuals, etc. Personally I don't miss the Eddie antics. With Borthwick you know you are not going to get much of interest, but then I don't recall Andy Farrell being a barrel of laughs either.

Sharkey06

Back to top Go down

Wales Vs England match thread for yappy now the match is going ahead - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales Vs England match thread for yappy now the match is going ahead

Post by doctor_grey Sat 25 Feb 2023, 2:14 am

king_carlos wrote:I am enjoying seeing (not necessarily on here mind) many of the same fans who hated Eddie's antics in press conferences now dislike Borthwick's straight bat. Always something to grumble about. Personally I couldn't care less what's said in press conferences, short of something approaching hate speech obviously, so long as the rugby is improving.
Could always have a post-match like this one:  
https://www.google.com/search?q=brandon+venter+interview&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS898US898&oq=brandon+venter+interview&aqs=chrome..69i57.7127j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a0337caa,vid:ZZHjohKnqxI

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat 25 Feb 2023, 7:43 am

Jones pre match team talks for opposition were detrimental to team. Could only have increased pressure on England.
Personally I'm glad those days are gone. Concentrate on the rugby, that's it.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 25 Feb 2023, 11:09 am

king_carlos wrote:I am enjoying seeing (not necessarily on here mind) many of the same fans who hated Eddie's antics in press conferences now dislike Borthwick's straight bat. Always something to grumble about. Personally I couldn't care less what's said in press conferences, short of something approaching hate speech obviously, so long as the rugby is improving.

I quite like not seeing the England head coach making headlines for a different statement every other day.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 25 Feb 2023, 1:35 pm

I think Jones has a fabulous knack for saying something in a couple of sentences that either pulls all the media attention over to him or his opponents and away from his team. I don't think anyone will mind Borthwick being more anonymous but Jones's media appearances did have a purpose.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 25 Feb 2023, 2:05 pm

Can we start some proper, brainless, unsubstantiated sh!thousery now please.

I'm not used to all of this politeness on these boards.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

BigTrevsbigmac and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 25 Feb 2023, 3:42 pm

Tips, Biggar and Halfpenny are fitness doubts apparently.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2023, 3:50 pm

AWJ and Dombrandt also fitness doubts but just because one's old and the other's a melting ice cream. There you go George. Thought I'd get one in on either side of the tracks.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly_01 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 4:29 pm

I really do like Steve Borthwick, such a genuine man. I do wish him well.

eirebilly_01

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 25 Feb 2023, 4:36 pm

George Carlin wrote:Can we start some proper, brainless, unsubstantiated sh!thousery now please.

Told you all moderators were pointless

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 25 Feb 2023, 4:43 pm

George Carlin wrote:Can we start some proper, brainless, unsubstantiated sh!thousery now please.

Your mother wears army boots.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 4:44 pm

Even Will and Kate are polite and singing both anthems.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 25 Feb 2023, 4:53 pm

Rumour has it a lot of arrogant English made the journey down to watch this game. At least according to Jiffy anyway.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:00 pm

The arrogant English don't look like much so far...

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:01 pm

God that explanation of the kicking battle was abysmal.

Very strong chase from Ludlam backed up by Willis.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:03 pm

king_carlos wrote:God that explanation of the kicking battle was abysmal.

Very strong chase from Ludlam backed up by Willis.

Wasn't it!

I always like a forward as 1 of the co commentators too.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:04 pm

Nice.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:05 pm

Whoa. A wing actually had the ball! And knew what to do with it!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:05 pm

Terrific try. Excellently executed move and great finish by Watson. He'd already done very well to collect after the early tackle too. So good to see Watson back, England have missed his class so much.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:06 pm

Deserved try. England moving it well off the set-piece, excellent tempo. Delighted for Watson who's had a rotten couple of years.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:07 pm

Malins though. He has been getting in the right places but there is no threat when he starts running.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:08 pm

Great start....looking much better. JVP quick and kicking well....both wingers attacking nicely, midfield working...Farrell producing.

Very nice try.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:09 pm

Do like how much Chessum puts into his charge down attempts.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:11 pm

Great to see Watson back

I was worried we were going to match Wales' glacial pace all game, appreciate they have to allow the pensioner in their second row to keep up though

BamBam

eirebilly_01 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:11 pm

Ref needs to get these scrums moving.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:16 pm

Steward has been majestic in the air

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:17 pm

How was that a knock-on - ball rolled out sideways and backwards from the tackle?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:19 pm

Farrell's kicking has been a bit off lately ...

Heaf

No 7&1/2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:20 pm

Farrells passing has been good so far but his kicking from hand and tee is a bit iffy.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:20 pm

Heaf wrote:Farrell's kicking has been a bit off lately ...

He's been off for a while....%'s must be down in the 60's??

Sgt_Pooly

Heaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:21 pm

Shame - if managed to take that looked like try

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:22 pm

Kicking from hand's been really good I'd say but that's another poor miss from the tee. Already 5 points missed.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:23 pm

Half the best runs come from JVP passing straight to Lawrence. Not sure what Farrell brings at the moment

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:23 pm

king_carlos wrote:Kicking from hand's been really good I'd say but that's another poor miss from the tee. Already 5 points missed.

Didn't he kick one straight out?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:25 pm

Malins is a turn table in defence.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:25 pm

Wales 14 straight in the side at that LRZ tackle

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:26 pm

Lawrence has been really impressive in defence so far.

Willis very prominent too.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:26 pm

Great from Lawrence

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:26 pm

Heaf wrote:
king_carlos wrote:Kicking from hand's been really good I'd say but that's another poor miss from the tee. Already 5 points missed.

Missed the first 4 mins but don't think so since then?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:27 pm

Lawrence has been great at the breakdown.

Like to see more from Willis there...he's been in some great positions but hasn't made much impact so far.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:27 pm

king_carlos wrote:
Heaf wrote:

Missed the first 4 mins but don't think so since then?

You missed his charge down. But he did kick one straight out.

No 7&1/2

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:29 pm

Brilliant from ludlam.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:29 pm

Actually this is pretty shambolic. For both sides. The fight for the bottom of the table usually looks like this...

doctor_grey

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:29 pm

Forward pass there anyway but great turnover by Ludlam

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:29 pm

Wales are being allowed to jump onto the breakdown - that stuff is incredibly dangerous and should be whistled and preferably carded.
Poorfour
Poorfour

BamBam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:29 pm

Feels like we should be more than 5 up.

No 7&1/2

Poorfour likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:30 pm

Ludlam impressive yet again.

England just stuttering along despite much opportunity though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:30 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Feels like we should be more than 5 up.

We would be if Farrell had made his kicks. He’s not having his best game so far.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:30 pm

England look more fragile than I'd like, and they have left points out on the field

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 25 Feb 2023, 5:33 pm

king_carlos wrote:Ludlam impressive yet again.

England just stuttering along despite much opportunity though.
Yeah, Ludlum is a stud. After the first half England have Ludlum, Steward, and Genge playing like studs. The rest, no so much. Shambolic.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next