The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+7
king_carlos
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
11 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:40 am

First topic message reminder :

It's a bit HOT down here.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:55 am

Have to feel a bit sorry for perverts in the days before photography and, especially, the internet. Maybe not so much the MdS, more your average peasant who had to rely on his imagination and drawings.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:13 am

Galted wrote:Have to feel a bit sorry for perverts in the days before photography and, especially, the internet.  Maybe not so much the MdS, more your average peasant who had to rely on his imagination and drawings.

They could ogle at the all the sheep they could find,

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:27 am

And make a few sneaky withdrawals from the corpse wagon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:21 am

Fisterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.
Back at work after a week off. Who was Mike Yarwood?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:24 am

Sicond.

My kid's 6th birthday today. Finally relented and got him the marble run he's wanted since he was about 3, my constructions using toilet rolls, pipes and packing tape never gained the favour they deserved.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:12 am

Sounds like you're losing your marbles.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:21 am

Can't complain, I had a good run.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:35 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Fisterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.
Back at work after a week off. Who was Mike Yarwood?

Everybody...

To be honest other than his version of a couple of politicians (and possibly Jimmy Saville) he was a rubbish impressionist.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:45 am

Mike Yarwood? Mike Deadwood more like.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:25 am

Poor Mike. I never knew him.

Had a bit of a drama over the weekend. The resident black snake was on the loose over at Mum's place. She called WIRES (Wildlife Rescue) but they were busy with other more dangerous wildlife. When they eventually turned up (3 hours later) it had managed to disappear. It was pretty stressed out for a while. It must have fallen from the garden level to the basement area... only accessible by lift and it obviously couldn't reach the lift buttons. But it must have eventually climbed up the wall in the corner via that pipe and those flowers in the last photo.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The WIRES bloke said they would have only taken it around the back (and not across town like they do with possums) because it was "obviously a local" and along with its ancestors, it had "residential rights" due to the fact they had probably been living in the area for a few million years. They are comparatively docile compared to brown snakes, which are far more aggressive. A bloke died in Qld from a brown snake bite over the weekend.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/sep/10/queensland-man-in-60s-dies-from-snake-bite-after-removing-animal-from-friends-leg

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:31 am

Pal Joey wrote:Poor Mike. I never knew him.

Had a bit of a drama over the weekend. The resident black snake was on the loose over at Mum's place. She called WIRES (Wildlife Rescue) but they were busy with other more dangerous wildlife. When they eventually turned up (3 hours later) it had managed to disappear. It was pretty stressed out for a while. It must have fallen from the garden level to the basement area... only accessible by lift and it obviously couldn't reach the lift buttons. But it must have eventually climbed up the wall in the corner via that pipe and those flowers in the last photo.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The WIRES bloke said they would have only taken it around the back (and not across town like they do with possums) because it was "obviously a local" and along with its ancestors, it had "residential rights" due to the fact they had probably been living in the area for a few million years. They are comparatively docile compared to brown snakes, which are far more aggressive. A bloke died in Qld from a brown snake bite over the weekend.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/sep/10/queensland-man-in-60s-dies-from-snake-bite-after-removing-animal-from-friends-leg

Just wrong that an innocuous looking brown snake should be deadly.  In most countries venomous snakes come attached with hoods or rattles to give you a bit of a warning but in Aus the kind you think you could keep as a pet will kill you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:40 am

Galted wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Just wrong that an innocuous looking brown snake should be deadly.  In most countries venomous snakes come attached with hoods or rattles to give you a bit of a warning but in Aus the kind you think you could keep as a pet will kill you.

I added a close up of its body above. First photo now. These do have a bit of a loud hiss. That's the only warning you get if you're too close.

Tino could probably handle this one. It almost has a friendly face. I don't think it's so worried about humans or cars coming in and out of the driveway. It has survived that long. Same one as last year... and the year before for sure. It would be more worried about the gangs of kookaburras. There are loads of them just on the other side of the building in the bushland. They would peck its head to stun it and then bash it against a tree or a rock for 10-15 minutes... and then wonder how the hell to swallow it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:49 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I added a close up of its body above. First photo now.

Tino could probably handle this one. It almost has a friendly face. I don't think it's so worried about humans or cars coming in and out of the driveway. It has survived that long. Same one as last year... and the year before for sure. It would be more worried about the gangs of kookaburras. There are loads of them just on the other side of the building in the bushland. They would peck its head to stun it and then bash it against a tree or a rock for 10-15 minutes... and then wonder how the hell to swallow it.

A corn snake was found in one of the flats in our development recently, obviously an escaped pet.  Caused a lot of concern when a photo was posted on the facebook page though we do seem to have an inordinate amount of f*ckwits living round here.  Some woman recently posted a long sob story about how one of the resident cats was terrorising her dog.  Ffs, get yourself a proper dog.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:02 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I added a close up of its body above. First photo now.

A corn snake was found in one of the flats in our development recently, obviously an escaped pet.  Caused a lot of concern when a photo was posted on the facebook page though we do seem to have an inordinate amount of f*ckwits living round here.  Some woman recently posted a long sob story about how one of the resident cats was terrorising her dog.  Ffs, get yourself a proper dog.

What sort of a f*ckwit would want to own a corn snake?

That dog is obviously a poor excuse for a mouse. Deserves to get bullied by a cat.

Although I have a friend who keeps some chooks loose in the back yard and when I asked how are they protected from cats, she said she once saw a cat stalking in the nearby bushes and before she could shoo it away... the boss chook ran at it with serious conviction. The cat flipped itself out of its hiding spot and 'flew' up the fence in one blurred motion. It never came back. Cats can be cowards too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:49 pm

My mate has a corn snake and I can confirm he is a f**kwit.

Aren't the Kiwi's thinking of massively restricting cats as they are just murderous little sh*ts

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:18 pm

I'd much rather have a corn dog than a corn snake.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:40 pm

Corn Dolly is one of the best boozers in Bradford.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:29 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:My mate has a corn snake and I can confirm he is a f**kwit.

Aren't the Kiwi's thinking of massively restricting cats as they are just murderous little sh*ts

That's us. Maybe the Kiwis too.

https://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/tanya-plibersek-declares-war-on-feral-cats-urging-to-eradicate-australias-latest-environmental-disaster/news-story/41715d2657beee8409e56e9edc96d251

They did a survey here and discovered that cats kill 6 million animals every night. Or 2 billion birds, reptiles and mammals per year. Hard to believe really. They seem so sweet and innocent when they lie on your stomach and purr with that contented face. Now I know why. I think they should be brought inside at night. Not sure culling is the answer. Plibersek (Environment Minister) is out to eradicate the feral ones but she turns a blind eye to the billions of insects killed when they carve a new road through the forest to put up ugly wind turbines in pristine environments. They are usually on or near the crest of ridges which then causes erosion and killing billions more tiny animals and insects. She's worse than Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin and Papa Doc combined.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:37 pm

Ah, apologies Peej, I meant no offence. A friend (ex) of mine who works in wildlife control in NZ mentioned it, and I obviously jumped to a conclusion.

They are certainly murderouss little s**ts

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:47 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Ah, apologies Peej, I meant no offence.  A friend (ex) of mine who works in wildlife control in NZ mentioned it, and I obviously jumped to a conclusion.

They are certainly murderouss little s**ts

That's OK.
Think it's a problem everywhere in every country where there are a lot of cats. Maybe less so in other places where there is a shortage of prey.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:58 pm

I vaguely remember a story about a lighthouse keepers cat that was responsible for the death of a whole species.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Cats are predators - they just do what nature designed them for. It's only the left-wing woke brigade that have issues with cats killing things. They don't complain about spiders eating flies. Bunch of hypocrites.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Cats are predators - they just do what nature designed them for. It's only the left-wing woke brigade that have issues with cats killing things. They don't complain about spiders eating flies. Bunch of hypocrites.

Yep, they wouldn't be complaining if cats found a cure for cancer or solved world poverty. Tw*ts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:34 pm

If the cats didn’t kill those six billion native whatevers we would be up to our eyebrows in bandicoots /noisy birds / possums…. Call me biased but I see the Cat as an apex predator to be admired - quite apart from having moved on from being an ancient deity to current domination of most social media internet platforms. Reckon they are smarter than us.

alfie

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:26 pm

alfie wrote:If the cats didn’t kill those six billion native whatevers we would be up to our eyebrows in bandicoots /noisy birds / possums…. Call me biased but I see the Cat as an apex predator to be admired - quite apart from having moved on from being an ancient deity to current domination of most social media internet platforms. Reckon they are smarter than us.

And in London they've adapted their diet to include women's handbag dogs.  I'm very much in support of cats even if they're c*nts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:59 am

To be fair here in the UK the local wildlife has adapted to cats in the same way that cats have adapted humans. You don't have that same evolutionary history down under

Tuesday Paw (Fist)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:55 am

lostinwales wrote:To be fair here in the UK the local wildlife has adapted to cats in the same way that cats have adapted humans. You don't have that same evolutionary history down under

Tuesday Paw (Fist)

Quite interesting how in Australia everything can kill you, and in New Zealand everything gets killed.

Sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:05 am

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:To be fair here in the UK the local wildlife has adapted to cats in the same way that cats have adapted humans. You don't have that same evolutionary history down under

Tuesday Paw (Fist)

Quite interesting how in Australia everything can kill you, and in New Zealand everything gets killed.

Sicond.

I worked with a Kiwi for a few months in the now defunct Sydney theme park, Wonderland. During a break I was sat in the canteen swinging back on my chair and leaning my head against the wall when in what I thought was a very understated manner, he pointed out that there was a redback about 4 inches from my head. I exploded out of that chair in a manner that was neither dignified nor manly. He thought it was hilarious.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:31 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

Tuesday Paw (Fist)

Sicond.

I worked with a Kiwi for a few months in the now defunct Sydney theme park, Wonderland.  During a break I was sat in the canteen swinging back on my chair and leaning my head against the wall when in what I thought was a very understated manner, he pointed out that there was a redback about 4 inches from my head.  I exploded out of that chair in a manner that was neither dignified nor manly.  He thought it was hilarious.  

ha ha. Many years ago we (the family) were doing a big clean up in the garden. Towards the end when Mum was putting the last branches in the big bin, I noticed a redback on her shoulder... a couple of inches from her neck. Told her to keep still and I flicked it off towards the neighbour's fence with my index finger.

Update on the red-bellied black snake. After disappearing on Sunday it came back again yesterday. The residents suspect it was just hiding in a drain. One of the resident's brothers (who works with venomous reptiles apparently) gave it a dish of water. It went straight up to the dish and had a good drink. After a few minutes, he then carefully grabbed it by the tail and put it into an old sack. No struggle. He then released it on the other side of the building which backs onto the reserve... only about 30m away but near the creek.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:52 pm

Cat wasn't that apex when it got into my old garden when we had a saluki.

Good afternoon, gentlefolk, hope you are all well.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:14 pm

I've no idea what a redback or a saluki are, but I did flush a large spider down the bath plughole yesterday. It was him or me, and I didn't fit.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:30 am

I accidentally flushed a very small spider down the bath plughole when I was in Houston and immediately apologised out loud to it, looking down the aforementioned plughole as I did so.

Fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:20 am

Galted wrote:I accidentally flushed a very small spider down the bath plughole when I was in Houston and immediately apologised out loud to it, looking down the aforementioned plughole as I did so.

Fist.

L*l out loud.  Cracking stuff, it's fists like that make me want to come on this thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:07 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:I accidentally flushed a very small spider down the bath plughole when I was in Houston and immediately apologised out loud to it, looking down the aforementioned plughole as I did so.

Fist.

L*l out loud.  Cracking stuff, it's fists like that make me want to come on this thread.

Sicond l*l

I'm the same when walking along footpaths here. Always try to avoid columns of small ants scurrying along near the paving joints... but you miss one trail and accidentally catch the edge of another a few metres further on. It must be terrifying for them seeing a friendly giant striding towards them. I think some can sense my approach and suddenly stand still or quickly change course but others are not so lucky. I feel tremendous sorrow and guilt when that happens.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:29 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

Fist.

Sicond l*l

I'm the same when walking along footpaths here. Always try to avoid columns of small ants scurrying along near the paving joints... but you miss one trail and accidentally catch the edge of another a few metres further on. It must be terrifying for them seeing a friendly giant striding towards them. I think some can sense my approach and suddenly stand still or quickly change course but others are not so lucky. I feel tremendous sorrow and guilt when that happens.

I'd feel bad if only one ant was killed or injured so I'd probably massacre a few more to spread the pain.  Brings to mind the kids in God of Small Things killing ants.  One asks the other if they should kill them all and she replies 'let's leave one so that it can be lonely'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:21 pm

A Friday without a post is like one of the other days without a post, except for weekends.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:52 pm

In my youth I used to shoot wasps and the occasional spider with an air pistol. I did feel guilty about the spider.

Have a good weekend all.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:37 pm

lostinwales wrote:In my youth I used to shoot wasps and the occasional spider with an air pistol. I did feel guilty about the spider.

Have a good weekend all.

Julius used to shoot peasants with a longbow.  Pity Djokovic getting the GS record was too much for his heart.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:43 pm

I'm not Russel Brand's career.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:50 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not Russel Brand's career.

Fist.

He'll probably be signed up by a Saudi comedy club.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:51 pm

Al Hilarious

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:20 pm

It's always the people you most suspecty wecty.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:50 pm

superflyweight wrote:It's always the people you most suspecty wecty.  

Touche.

Tw*tter's going into meltdown about innocent until proven guilty and why haven't the police been involved? Probably because you have the same chance of a successful r*** conviction as if you'd reported it to Andrew Tate.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:56 pm

Galted wrote:

Touche.

Tw*tter's going into meltdown about innocent until proven guilty and why haven't the police been involved? Probably because you have the same chance of a successful r*** conviction as if you'd reported it to Andrew Tate.

'Innocent until proven guilty' only applies to the state's obligation to presume innocence in criminal proceedings. It doesn't prevent me assuming that he's a noncey pr1ck.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:56 pm

F**k Tate, nonceferatu looking mofo.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:58 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

Touche.

'Innocent until proven guilty' only applies to the state's obligation to presume innocence in criminal proceedings.  It doesn't prevent me assuming that he's a noncey pr1ck.    

Apparently it applies to the public's obligation when ridiculing BBC and royal nonces as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:08 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:F**k Tate, nonceferatu looking mofo.

Looks like a startled thumb.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:16 am

superflyweight wrote:

He looks like a Gianni Infantino before and after picture.

It takes some doing but Infantino is actually more of a c*nt than T*te.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:02 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

He looks like a Gianni Infantino before and after picture.

It takes some doing but Infantino is actually more of a c*nt than T*te.

The only reason they're the biggest bald c*nts around is because Will Ferrell has hair. On the subjects of c*nts, I see that H*gh is getting divorced.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:14 am

Galted wrote:
The only reason they're the biggest bald c*nts around is because Will Ferrell has hair.  On the subjects of c*nts, I see that H*gh is getting divorced.

I did see that, G-unit. It's taken her 20 odd years to see through his c*ntishness but she got there in the end.

She looks like the sort of person that pops up on porn site adverts - 'lonely women near you need sex NOW. Sign up for free TODAY'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next