The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby World Cup - other team/games and general chat

+35
dummy_half
Welshmushroom
Big
Cumbrian
sensisball
bsando
Morgan75
westisbest
neilthom7
No 7&1/2
doctor_grey
Geordie
Old Man
BigGee
eirebilly_01
geoff999rugby
Galted
Collapse2005
king_carlos
tigertattie
RiscaGame
Duty281
lostinwales
LeinsterFan4life
Heaf
carpet baboon
TJ
mountain man
formerly known as Sam
Rugby Fan
mikey_dragon
TAFKA The Oracle
Lowlandbrit
Poorfour
Sgt_Pooly
39 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Rugby World Cup - other team/games and general chat - Page 6 Empty Rugby World Cup - other team/games and general chat

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 28 Sep 2023, 5:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Carried on from.........

https://www.606v2.com/t71218-rugby-world-cup-other-team-games-and-general-chat

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup - other team/games and general chat - Page 6 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup - other team/games and general chat

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 18 Oct 2023, 8:33 am

Yes that was a very decent Wales side but the point is this SA side is much better than the 2019 version. Sure its a semi and anything can happen and England do have a good record v the Boks to give them theur due but based on form I cant see anything other that a comfortable SA win by 20 plus points.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup - other team/games and general chat - Page 6 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup - other team/games and general chat

Post by dummy_half Wed 18 Oct 2023, 9:25 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Yes that was a very decent Wales side but the point is this SA side is much better than the 2019 version. Sure its a semi and anything can happen and England do have a good record v the Boks to give them theur due but based on form I cant see anything other that a comfortable SA win by 20 plus points.

England will need to seriously up their game or have some luck (say an early red card for one of the SA forwards) to even keep it that close.

dummy_half

Collapse2005 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 Oct 2023, 2:55 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Yes that was a very decent Wales side but the point is this SA side is much better than the 2019 version. Sure its a semi and anything can happen and England do have a good record v the Boks to give them theur due but based on form I cant see anything other that a comfortable SA win by 20 plus points.

Decent Wales team but I don't think we were playing that well through 2019, but we just developed an ability to not lose. Agree that SA are better now than they were back then.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 18 Oct 2023, 3:16 pm

The one thing everyone might be discounting is how much that game last weekend took out of SA. The absolutely emptied the tank.

Yes on current form, SA are a lot better than England but it will surely be very hard to replicate what they did against France. I think this match will be a lot closer than everyone is imagining it might be.

I still fancy SA to win but it may be close and uncomfortable.

NZ may well have the easier semi, which will likely do them a favour in the final.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 18 Oct 2023, 3:25 pm

BigGee wrote:The one thing everyone might be discounting is how much that game last weekend took out of SA. The absolutely emptied the tank.

Yes on current form, SA are a lot better than England  but it will surely be very hard to replicate what they did against France. I think this match will be a lot closer than everyone is imagining it might be.

NZ may well have the easier semi, which will likely do them a favour in the final.

Yes. Very easy to assume that SA will play like they did vs France, because they will blow England away if they do. It is genuinely hard for teams to play that well every week.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 Oct 2023, 3:46 pm

lostinwales wrote:
BigGee wrote:The one thing everyone might be discounting is how much that game last weekend took out of SA. The absolutely emptied the tank.

Yes on current form, SA are a lot better than England  but it will surely be very hard to replicate what they did against France. I think this match will be a lot closer than everyone is imagining it might be.

Yes. Very easy to assume that SA will play like they did vs France, because they will blow England away if they do. It is genuinely hard for teams to play that well every week.

So we're left to hope the Boks played their final the week before like England did Vs the ABs in 2019? Fingers crossed.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 18 Oct 2023, 3:54 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

So we're left to hope the Boks played their final the week before like England did Vs the ABs in 2019? Fingers crossed.

It's a reasonable comparison except the Boks are a stronger side than England were in 2019 and won't want to fall into the same trap.

Still, it's a one off game and will to win may be a stronger determinant than form!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 19 Oct 2023, 5:33 pm

Rumours of a joint bid between Spain, Portugal and Italy for 2035. That would be fantastic, I really think Spain is ready to be aggressively targeted for growth.

LeinsterFan4life

Collapse2005 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6