The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

+65
RubyGuby
PJHolybloke
Effervescing Elephant
Portnoy
DaveM
Mickado
Eustace H Plimsoll
TycroesOsprey
glamorganalun
Wild Rover
Chjw131
gregortree
munkian
asoreleftshoulder
Maddog
Notch
marty2086
Sin é
Triangulation
Rory_Gallagher
yappysnap
dragonbreath
GunsGerms
ChequeredJersey
niwatts
Gibson
SimonofSurrey
SecretFly
damngoodOvalball
dublin_dave
Artful_Dodger
geoff998rugby
englandglory4ever
rodders
nobbled
Adam
Adam D
Breadvan
Biltong
kunu
Hound_of_Harrow
ME-109
Cowshot
slartibartfast
majesticimperialman
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
HammerofThunor
smitty100
gowales
tecphobe
BigTrevsbigmac
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
EnglishReign
mystiroakey
thebluesmancometh
Feckless Rogue
flynnnio
Knowsit17
eirebilly
EngInAuck
maestegmafia
trebellbobaggins
Pot Hale
69 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 Empty De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by Pot Hale Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leprechaun The stage is set for a humdinger of a match next week today with the final match of the Championship hosting a revitalised England fresh from victory in France against their bogey team, Ireland.

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun

Despite a recent run of victories - home and away - against England, Ireland never seem to have a problem in getting up for this match. The fact that it's in Twickenham on St Patrick's Day will give it that little extra edge.

Lancaster and his troops will want to sign off their first season in charge with a flourish. Kidney's Ireland, having been unlucky in the Welsh match, and kicking themselves after their draw in Paris, will want to put another good score and victory on the board.

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun

Ireland will be without O'Connell again who did a lot of the pre-match talking in the build-up to last year's victory for the men in green. England seem full of confidence and it looks like Lancaster has found the right mix and belief that's going to make this grand finale a belter.

Are English fans feeling confident? Irish ones a bit more doubtful of continuing their English streak?

England: 15 Ben Foden, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Manusamoa Tuilagi, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 David Strettle, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Lee Dickson, 8 Ben Morgan, 7 Chris Robshaw (capt), 6 Tom Croft, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Mouritz Botha, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Alex Corbisiero.
Replacements: 16 Rob Webber, 17 Matt Stevens, 18 Tom Palmer, 19 Phil Dowson, 20 Ben Youngs, 21 Charlie Hodgson, 22 Mike Brown.

Ireland: 15 R Kearney (Leinster), 14 T Bowe (Ospreys), 13 K Earls (Munster), 12 G D'Arcy (Leinster), 11 A Trimble (Ulster), 10 J Sexton (Leinster), 9 E Reddan (Leinster); 1 C Healy (Leinster), 2 R Best (Ulster, capt), 3 M Ross (Leinster), 4 D O'Callaghan (Munster), 5 D Ryan (Munster), 6 S Ferris (Ulster), 7 S O'Brien (Leinster), 8 J Heaslip (Leinster)
Replacements: 16 S Cronin (Leinster), 17 T Court (Ulster), 18 M McCarthy (Connacht), 19 P O'Mahony (Munster), 20 T O'Leary (Munster), 21 R O'Gara (Munster), 22 F McFadden (Leinster)

[strike]

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:17 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated team info)
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 Empty Re: De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by RubyGuby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

Una's just there as a spy to wear him down Gibson - you watch him crawl out at Twickers on Saturday - thumbsup Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 Empty Re: De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:28 pm

Yeah, and crawl round Ireland's defence and under the posts.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:28 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 810156456 But your wimmin are damn fine ladies Gibbo, wasted over there they are, much better they'll be fer a drop of fine English beef - just ask me Ma. Very Happy

A drop of fine English beef?

Interesting image. Would your Ma care to elaborate?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:28 pm

Cowshot wrote:
4th, Ireland won.

England just didn't turn up. Ah well. There's always next year. Says he, glumly comtemplating it.

It was a shame, I keep hoping it'll get better but it won't will it?

Ah well, maybe next year.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

Two things
1 if Sexton kicks high and long the ball will go out on the full
2 Una Healy is from Tipperary...and if she can't wield a Hurley, milk 50 cows in half an hour all before breakfast she is no use to anyone

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:32 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 810156456 But your wimmin are damn fine ladies Gibbo, wasted over there they are, much better they'll be fer a drop of fine English beef - just ask me Ma. Very Happy

A drop of fine English beef?

Interesting image. Would your Ma care to elaborate?

Not any more Pot, she's 74 and not as supple as she was...
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:33 pm

DOD wrote:Two things
2 Una Healy is from Tipperary...and if she can't wield a Hurley, milk 50 cows in half an hour all before breakfast she is no use to anyone

You owe me a feckin drink DOD, I just spat that one out. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 496889
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:34 pm

But her uncle sings some lovely little Irish'n'country tunes??? Surely that's all any decent God-fearing Irishman needs. The wedding entertainment would be taken care of anyway.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:34 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Una's just there as a spy to wear him down Gibson - you watch him crawl out at Twickers on Saturday - thumbsup Yahoo

Ruby,
She said she was trying to delay the baby, so he'd miss the game. Laugh

They really make a stunning couple. In all fairness. I wish them all the joy in the World.

But I hope Una is On Top after the game. Bu88er cant lose!

Sheesh, get out of me mind Una!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:34 pm

she's 74 and not as supple as she was...

Your confusing her with Charlie Hodgson mate thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:35 pm

I predict either Sexton or Kearney will kick a high ball, Foden will collect, burn his way back up field and help score a try.

That'll be the end of the kicking.

After that, England to go for a power game up front and grind the front row into penalty mush, then Barrit and Tuilagi to make omelets of Darcy and Earls as they whip through the middle.

England by 12.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm

Yer feckin charm don't fool me ya bollix - outside and duke it out. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 496889
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:37 pm

RubyGuby wrote:she's 74 and not as supple as she was...

Your confusing her with Charlie Hodgson mate De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 732107

Charlie feckin Hodgson has more hair - you're feckin next pal. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 496889
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:40 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:she's 74 and not as supple as she was...

Your confusing her with Charlie Hodgson mate De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 732107

Charlie feckin Hodgson has more hair - you're feckin next pal. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 496889
Wales Wales Wales De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 3933776953

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:40 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:

You owe me a feckin drink DOD, I just spat that one out. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 496889

1. Need to employ Kearney's big boot for the long ones - thats if he's not running through England at the time.
But Jonny will be grand. He's getting better by the game, now that Deccie has finally made his call.
2. Laugh

PJ, is yer Mam Irish?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:41 pm

Ah well, maybe next year.

shudder. Just don't go there. Saturday is about all I can face...Are there any tickets left for the White Cliffs Experience?

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:42 pm

Holy I'm a passer-fist Run boxing

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:43 pm

Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

1. Need to employ Kearney's big boot for the long ones - thats if he's not running through England at the time.
But Jonny will be grand. He's getting better by the game, now that Deccie has finally made his call.
2. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 810156456

PJ, is yer Mam Irish?

A feckin Galway lass! Hence Connacht being my guilty pleasure, OK, more guilt than pleasure but that's the way it is, I only told yer about a dozen times like. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 590675
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:45 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Holy I'm a passer-fist De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 2211252749 De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 496889

Well feckin hurry on ya slack barsteward, cos I'm getting pisser-fast...

Take that Taff-bloke De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 496889 !!!
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:47 pm

12-19 - Take that 1 out of 8 vomit rose thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm

Yeah, you an your stats and calling me Ma Charlie feckin Hodgson!

The last thing me Ma charged down was the doors at M&S when they had support stockings at 40% off.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

support stockings - you should have told her to have a word with POC, he's got a stack of old ones thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:55 pm

Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

2. Laugh

PJ, is yer Mam Irish?

Gibson I am 100% behind Sexton playing as first choice. I just want him to do better...

PJ...a drink replacement is the least you deserve

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:57 pm

Cowshot wrote:
And if France beat the Welsh? Isn't the England Ireland game the 2nd/4th playoff???

You can't really be Welsh. That thought hasn't even entered the head of a true Welshman. Lose? Impossible! Wink

Well it did enter the mind of Neil Jenkins, if you watched the rugby club NJ said that he believes that France will realy turn up this week and beat Wales.

So should he be charged with treason? Whistle

How dare he even think anythink like that. Headscratch

Still in my opinion he was only be honest, and saying that France are a real threat to Wales, and that Wales should not take France lightly.

I still think it will be a tough game and if France get in the lead from the start, Then i say France will win.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:59 pm

DOD wrote:
Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

2. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 810156456

PJ, is yer Mam Irish?

Gibson I am 100% behind Sexton playing as first choice. I just want him to do better...

God bless yer DOD, De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 1145808659 thank'ee kindly. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 3610695981
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:00 pm

RubyGuby wrote:support stockings - you should have told her to have a word with POC, he's got a stack of old ones De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 732107

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 1344700888 At 40% off d'ya think?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:03 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

PJ, is yer Mam Irish?

A feckin Galway lass! Hence Connacht being my guilty pleasure, OK, more guilt than pleasure but that's the way it is, I only told yer about a dozen times like. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 590675

Ah sorry pal. I seem to remember the connection now. Lovely. Galway is a great spot. Were we drunk on Life when we discussed it?
Another stupid question Gibbo.

Ireland by 15. Bowe to run in 3 tries and show Ashton how its done. Kearney to run riot and show Foden the way. Sexton to run the show.

Ye know it makes sense.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:03 pm

You've got a point, 50% at best and they have skid marks thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm

Thanks for the laughs guys..... Now I'm off to bed to dream of little green ants swarming all over the carcass of a mad bull. Night.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:09 pm

ROG and Sexton will run the show. D'Arcy goes off after 5 minutes with a head injury (someone tried to knock some sense into him), we bring on ROG and with his combination of great touch finders and both of theiir abilities to run a backline, we win. Rory Best gets one, Bowe gets another and Trimble gets one. Sexton 5/5, ROG has a drop kick and Ireland win by 6.

Mark it. Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:17 pm

Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:
Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

PJ, is yer Mam Irish?

Ah sorry pal. I seem to remember the connection now. Lovely. Galway is a great spot. Were we drunk on Life when we discussed it?
Another stupid question Gibbo.

Ireland by 15. Bowe to run in 3 tries and show Ashton how its done. Kearney to run riot and show Foden the way. Sexton to run the show.

Ye know it makes sense.

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 810156456 Like there was another time?

The rest of that post is bollix by-the-way. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 8 291114
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:18 pm

SecretFly wrote:Thanks for the laughs guys..... Now I'm off to bed to dream of little green ants swarming all over the carcass of a mad bull. Night.

Night ya crazy barsteward, yers.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm

DOD wrote:
Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

2. Laugh

PJ, is yer Mam Irish?

I have to agree. His game management needs to improve and vary more and also his tactical kicking from hand need sharpening. ROG is the Master at that. Love having himself on ROG on the field together. We look so potent and controlled when they do. I reckon it will happen with 20 mins to go. Im all for it. Not easy to go through Sexton at 12. Great tackler. So strong.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:11 am

Cracker of a game its gonna be. Ireland should be wary of Tuilagi he's a beast. But England should be wary of Tommy Bowe hes always looking to break fast. Evenly matched game could swing either way but my gut says Ireland even tho they are without the bigger names.

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 6:22 am

Laugh I'm imaganing father jack when your posting PJholy. Quality stuff..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:10 am

Just messin Breadvan, I was in mischievious mode last night. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:23 am

Not sure about the cows but I reckon that girl could milk the EPS twice over beffore brekky....

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:25 am

RugbyFan182 wrote:. But England should be wary of Tommy Bowe hes always looking to break fast.

Matt Stevens looks like hes always after another breakfast too

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:09 am

damngoodOvalball wrote:

Not sure about the cows but I reckon that girl could milk the EPS twice over beffore brekky....

Just imagine the Saturdays waiting in the showers after the game.... Erm Wink
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

Breadvan wrote:
damngoodOvalball wrote:

Just imagine the Saturdays waiting in the showers after the game.... Erm Wink

If Foden plays sluggishly and without any aggression, I think we all know why. Bloody Irish using sex as a weapon...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:24 am

Though obviously it would be a little soon after the wee baby was born
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:17 pm

Bickering ?
Wales had a special thread for it. Noticeable lack on this Eng Ireland pre match thread, which is refreshing in a way.
Warily circling each other before battle ?
Will it kick off after the match ?
Post match bickering might depend on the refs decisions / non decisions.
Peace my Irish friends.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:24 pm

gregortree wrote:Bickering ?
Wales had a special thread for it. Noticeable lack on this Eng Ireland pre match thread, which is refreshing in a way.
Warily circling each other before battle ?
Will it kick off after the match ?
Post match bickering might depend on the refs decisions / non decisions.
Peace my Irish friends.

I don't think so...I think we'll take our beating if England dish it out. We'll probably be mad again but I could almost guarantee you it'll be directed at our own coaches.
I think England too are maturing to the idea that gradual progress is the way. So if they lose to us, I think they'll look on this year, under a stand-in coach and new players getting a go as perhaps more successful than they might have expected. They'll be annoyed of course but again, I don't think there'll be recriminations between the English and Irish next week.

Despite the comments quoted from Kearney and Ferris, there is real respect there between the sides and their fans.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

Respect

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Good on you Secret, well said. The Kearney and Ferris 'quotes' were clearly the result of a journo sensationalising, mis quoting etc. Theyre are doing it to even greater levels now that they dont have access to Sienna Millers or Jermey Clarksons voicemail anymore. Anyway it was hardly the "we hate the _________" that we see from time to time.

Anyway those Irish barstewards to win the match by 36-0, after which London will fall and the Irish tricolore will flutter over Buck House by tea time on Sunday.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Despite the comments quoted from Kearney and Ferris, there is real respect there between the sides and their fans.

Aww good luck English chums Hug guinness

Actually having re-read Kearneys comments I think they were taken out of context too.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

I dont know if its respect, more that you lot beat us so often that theres no point in bickering about it

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:07 pm

Does that mean if you guys win tomorrow we can start bickering again? boxing
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:19 pm

roddersm wrote:Does that mean if you guys win tomorrow we can start bickering again? boxing

Yes!

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

Seems we are not as good as the Welsh at bickering.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next