The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

+65
RubyGuby
PJHolybloke
Effervescing Elephant
Portnoy
DaveM
Mickado
Eustace H Plimsoll
TycroesOsprey
glamorganalun
Wild Rover
Chjw131
gregortree
munkian
asoreleftshoulder
Maddog
Notch
marty2086
Sin é
Triangulation
Rory_Gallagher
yappysnap
dragonbreath
GunsGerms
ChequeredJersey
niwatts
Gibson
SimonofSurrey
SecretFly
damngoodOvalball
dublin_dave
Artful_Dodger
geoff998rugby
englandglory4ever
rodders
nobbled
Adam
Adam D
Breadvan
Biltong
kunu
Hound_of_Harrow
ME-109
Cowshot
slartibartfast
majesticimperialman
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
HammerofThunor
smitty100
gowales
tecphobe
BigTrevsbigmac
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
EnglishReign
mystiroakey
thebluesmancometh
Feckless Rogue
flynnnio
Knowsit17
eirebilly
EngInAuck
maestegmafia
trebellbobaggins
Pot Hale
69 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 10 Empty De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by Pot Hale Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leprechaun The stage is set for a humdinger of a match next week today with the final match of the Championship hosting a revitalised England fresh from victory in France against their bogey team, Ireland.

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun

Despite a recent run of victories - home and away - against England, Ireland never seem to have a problem in getting up for this match. The fact that it's in Twickenham on St Patrick's Day will give it that little extra edge.

Lancaster and his troops will want to sign off their first season in charge with a flourish. Kidney's Ireland, having been unlucky in the Welsh match, and kicking themselves after their draw in Paris, will want to put another good score and victory on the board.

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun

Ireland will be without O'Connell again who did a lot of the pre-match talking in the build-up to last year's victory for the men in green. England seem full of confidence and it looks like Lancaster has found the right mix and belief that's going to make this grand finale a belter.

Are English fans feeling confident? Irish ones a bit more doubtful of continuing their English streak?

England: 15 Ben Foden, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Manusamoa Tuilagi, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 David Strettle, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Lee Dickson, 8 Ben Morgan, 7 Chris Robshaw (capt), 6 Tom Croft, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Mouritz Botha, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Alex Corbisiero.
Replacements: 16 Rob Webber, 17 Matt Stevens, 18 Tom Palmer, 19 Phil Dowson, 20 Ben Youngs, 21 Charlie Hodgson, 22 Mike Brown.

Ireland: 15 R Kearney (Leinster), 14 T Bowe (Ospreys), 13 K Earls (Munster), 12 G D'Arcy (Leinster), 11 A Trimble (Ulster), 10 J Sexton (Leinster), 9 E Reddan (Leinster); 1 C Healy (Leinster), 2 R Best (Ulster, capt), 3 M Ross (Leinster), 4 D O'Callaghan (Munster), 5 D Ryan (Munster), 6 S Ferris (Ulster), 7 S O'Brien (Leinster), 8 J Heaslip (Leinster)
Replacements: 16 S Cronin (Leinster), 17 T Court (Ulster), 18 M McCarthy (Connacht), 19 P O'Mahony (Munster), 20 T O'Leary (Munster), 21 R O'Gara (Munster), 22 F McFadden (Leinster)

[strike]

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:17 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated team info)
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 10 Empty Re: De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:04 pm

Thomond wrote:
roddersm wrote:.... what if I was to say....England are bad loooooserrs and we have a better team???? eh???? ..... boxing ..... Whistle

You would be stating the truth Whistle
You are an Irish back rower and I claim my ten pounds.

And yes ireland by 378. England to explode.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 10 Empty Re: De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:11 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I'm on fire again Billy, glad you could come on board - have about 20 minutes left beore I head back to Truro - Have to get my 5 year old a fecking toy gun on the way home - Hows you, I'm geting a little manic, just glad its not showing in my posts Tumbleweed

Truro, a fine city, produced some lovely people, and me.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:25 pm

Ahaaaa! That's why you diss English hopes and ambitions with gay abandon Trebbs. You're Cornish. Thought so.

Its another Ancient Celtic province. The thlot pickens.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:27 pm

Buggrit, rumbled.

My Cornish compatriot already revealed our welsh leanings down here, can't hide it now.

Grad slam tomorrow will certainly make many of my friends here very happy and I shall smile a bit to be sure.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:46 pm

although a nice place how is truro a city????

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:36 am

It's got a Cathedral...

...it has 3 spires too, one of only 3 such cathedrals in Britain, one of the other 2 is Lichfield in Staffordshire, but I'm not sure where the third is.

Thirsk rings a bell, but I don't think that's right - it's up north somewhere though, I'm fairly certain of that bit. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 10 3610695981

Don't mention it.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:40 am

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 10 848982 Embra - that's the other one!

Where did I get Thirsk from?

Terwat.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 17 Mar 2012, 7:31 am

Morning all. So this is it, crunch day of the 6N.

Really hoping for a Scotland win over the Italy

I just want Wales to win for themselves but also for Mervyn.

Ireland to beat England by 11, i hope Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 17 Mar 2012, 7:53 am

by 11!!

in your dreams billy.

cant wait for the game, will france blow this tourny up and allow another team in with a shot! i doubt it , but anythings possible

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:14 am

Top o' de mornin' to yis all!

Ireland by 59! Hic!
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:19 am

Morning. mates. Drinkin early mate?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:24 am

doctor_grey wrote:Morning. mates. Drinkin early mate?

I think drinking late might be more accurish. Smile
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:29 am

Winners today

Scotland

France

England

And of course England to win the tournament. thumbsup Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:38 am

Pot Hale wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:Morning. mates. Drinkin early mate?

I think drinking late might be more accurish. Smile
Good man! Enjoy the day.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:39 am

Morning all. Tis the day.

I felt the earth rumbling today. The giant that is Sexton must be stirring.

Fairwell young English players, it was good to watch you this year.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:52 am

I felt the earth rumbling today.

Could be flatulence. Have you checked satellite coverage of the Irish Sea?

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

ha. No, must admit it didn't occur to me. It seemed louder facing East, toward the area that the Kraken is currently devouring.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:19 am

OMG Sexton's eating Brown Willy????

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:34 am

Genuine lol clap

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:07 pm

Crikey, I overdid it last night in Chelters for the Gold Cup finale. I've had my share of Irish fun for one year. Will be watching today from home I think... RedWine

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

Nah - head to the pub. You'll be fine by 5pm
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:08 pm

Well Triangle me old mucker, I don't think Mystic Meg has anything to fear from you or me.

and as for Sexton.. i think he must have gotten indigestion dining out on Brown Willy this morning Erm

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:26 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Winners today

Scotland

France

England

And of course England to win the tournament. thumbsup Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
Oh dear Madge your predictions are on par with your knowledge of the game laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:10 pm

Watched the game in Oneils.
Slight sense of smug satisfaction after standing through a room full of "irishfolk for a day" booing the national anthem.

Still slightly in shock from it. Dont think anyone really expected that to happen.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:17 pm

SeaB, wish I had been in an Irish bar, but they are good folks. guinness Yes. better than my expectations today.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:21 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Watched the game in Oneils.
Slight sense of smug satisfaction after standing through a room full of "irishfolk for a day" booing the national anthem.

Still slightly in shock from it. Dont think anyone really expected that to happen.

That is quite shocking - booing a national anthem is the preserve of the ignorant.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:21 pm

booing a national anthem in o neills. haha what else do you expect in an oneills. few irish peed getting mouthy on paddy day.

dont take it personally mate just choose a better place to watch game i reckon.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:24 pm

Dublin not many places bar oneils show the ruggers down south- and they would be the best place's to watch the game- esp on paddys day!

them guys were obviously just divs- Knowing they can get away with murder down south because they out number english rugby viewers.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:27 pm

and as for Sexton.. i think he must have gotten indigestion dining out on Brown Willy this morning

...giggle... angel

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 17 Mar 2012, 11:14 pm

dublin_dave wrote:booing a national anthem in o neills. haha what else do you expect in an oneills. few irish peed getting mouthy on paddy day.

Err, and if the English had booed either of Ireland's anthems we would be called 'arrogant'.

Can't win, can we.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 18 Mar 2012, 3:19 am

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:
dublin_dave wrote:booing a national anthem in o neills. haha what else do you expect in an oneills. few irish peed getting mouthy on paddy day.

Err, and if the English had booed either of Ireland's anthems we would be called 'arrogant'.

Can't win, can we.

No, the people who who would have done would equally be in the minority and ignored for their ignorance. Never let the actions of a ignorant few determine the standing of the majority. There was respect from both sets of fans and players today. Let that be the abiding memory as opposed to focusing on a very small number of drunken idiots.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 3:32 am

Ireland......... our own worst enemy.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:37 am

Lads i wasnt massively offended by it, just mildly amused. It was largely done in a panto style. And as I said the majority of the crowd was made up of " I once went to Dublin" types rather than anyone actually irish, which is why it was funny.
I dont think that many English people take our own national anthem that seriously anyway. Its not like theyd made thew Prime Minister walk on the grass or something heinous like that

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:56 am

...in his heels as well. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:08 am

imagine the reaction if you had ripped theres up!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:11 am

Tell you what, that lays the ghost of 2007 and every defeat since. Hoodoo over.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

PJHolybloke wrote:...in his heels as well. Very Happy
I bet he has a pair (of heels that is).
Or maybe those silly bicycle shorts........

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 18 Mar 2012, 11:16 am

Yeah Doc. I reckon he's got a pair of killer sling-backs with kitten heels for when he's kicking-back from acts of state-sponsored terrorism. De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 10 810156456
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 18 Mar 2012, 11:24 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Watched the game in Oneils.

Irish people always boo the English anthem. Not very nice I'll agree but personally I wouldn't except that it is a particularly annoying anthem and bad song.

I was in Oneills too.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 18 Mar 2012, 11:45 am

They muted the last part of GSTQ in the pub where I was. Doesn't bother me tbh. The look on a group of oldies decked out in red when I sang 'god save YOUR queen' at the end was a laugh tho...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

Breadvan what you on about? they don't let 12 year old's in to a bar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 18 Mar 2012, 3:31 pm

laughing Place was full of kids yesterday view.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10