The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

+65
RubyGuby
PJHolybloke
Effervescing Elephant
Portnoy
DaveM
Mickado
Eustace H Plimsoll
TycroesOsprey
glamorganalun
Wild Rover
Chjw131
gregortree
munkian
asoreleftshoulder
Maddog
Notch
marty2086
Sin é
Triangulation
Rory_Gallagher
yappysnap
dragonbreath
GunsGerms
ChequeredJersey
niwatts
Gibson
SimonofSurrey
SecretFly
damngoodOvalball
dublin_dave
Artful_Dodger
geoff998rugby
englandglory4ever
rodders
nobbled
Adam
Adam D
Breadvan
Biltong
kunu
Hound_of_Harrow
ME-109
Cowshot
slartibartfast
majesticimperialman
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
HammerofThunor
smitty100
gowales
tecphobe
BigTrevsbigmac
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
EnglishReign
mystiroakey
thebluesmancometh
Feckless Rogue
flynnnio
Knowsit17
eirebilly
EngInAuck
maestegmafia
trebellbobaggins
Pot Hale
69 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 9 Empty De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by Pot Hale Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leprechaun The stage is set for a humdinger of a match next week today with the final match of the Championship hosting a revitalised England fresh from victory in France against their bogey team, Ireland.

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun

Despite a recent run of victories - home and away - against England, Ireland never seem to have a problem in getting up for this match. The fact that it's in Twickenham on St Patrick's Day will give it that little extra edge.

Lancaster and his troops will want to sign off their first season in charge with a flourish. Kidney's Ireland, having been unlucky in the Welsh match, and kicking themselves after their draw in Paris, will want to put another good score and victory on the board.

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun

Ireland will be without O'Connell again who did a lot of the pre-match talking in the build-up to last year's victory for the men in green. England seem full of confidence and it looks like Lancaster has found the right mix and belief that's going to make this grand finale a belter.

Are English fans feeling confident? Irish ones a bit more doubtful of continuing their English streak?

England: 15 Ben Foden, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Manusamoa Tuilagi, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 David Strettle, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Lee Dickson, 8 Ben Morgan, 7 Chris Robshaw (capt), 6 Tom Croft, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Mouritz Botha, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Alex Corbisiero.
Replacements: 16 Rob Webber, 17 Matt Stevens, 18 Tom Palmer, 19 Phil Dowson, 20 Ben Youngs, 21 Charlie Hodgson, 22 Mike Brown.

Ireland: 15 R Kearney (Leinster), 14 T Bowe (Ospreys), 13 K Earls (Munster), 12 G D'Arcy (Leinster), 11 A Trimble (Ulster), 10 J Sexton (Leinster), 9 E Reddan (Leinster); 1 C Healy (Leinster), 2 R Best (Ulster, capt), 3 M Ross (Leinster), 4 D O'Callaghan (Munster), 5 D Ryan (Munster), 6 S Ferris (Ulster), 7 S O'Brien (Leinster), 8 J Heaslip (Leinster)
Replacements: 16 S Cronin (Leinster), 17 T Court (Ulster), 18 M McCarthy (Connacht), 19 P O'Mahony (Munster), 20 T O'Leary (Munster), 21 R O'Gara (Munster), 22 F McFadden (Leinster)

[strike]

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:17 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated team info)
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 9 Empty Re: De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

gregortree wrote:Seems we are not as good as the Welsh at bickering.

I think Hersh, Mighty, 3Gs's and a RWC and a few others might just disagree Yahoo Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic! - Page 9 Empty Re: De Grand Finale match - begorrah! England v Ireland 17 March - Hic!

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

Its ok Feckless, you can come back, we won't hurt ya.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:59 pm

'We'as in ' Eng / Ireland ' can't seem to match the Welsh bickering thread. Not even close.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

.... what if I was to say....England are bad loooooserrs and we have a better team???? eh???? ..... boxing ..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

Triangulation wrote:
roddersm wrote:Does that mean if you guys win tomorrow we can start bickering again? boxing

Yes!

Lets wait and see what happens with the red carpet first

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

gregortree wrote:'We'as in ' Eng / Ireland ' can't seem to match the Welsh bickering thread. Not even close.

No, we are not even close to their league Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:07 pm

roddersm wrote:.... what if I was to say....England are bad loooooserrs and we have a better team???? eh???? ..... boxing ..... Whistle

You would be stating the truth Whistle

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Triangulation wrote:
roddersm wrote:Does that mean if you guys win tomorrow we can start bickering again? boxing

Yes!

Its at twickenham so no red carpet. The Irish are far more enthusiastic for pomp and ceremony than us Brits.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:09 pm

Believe in my ears people, Ireland by 11 tomorrow Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:10 pm

Englishman to Irishman pre English/Irish game. "Look, I hope we win but good luck".
Irishman. "Thanks... we might need some since we're playing away"

Englishman to Welshman pre English/Welsh game. "Look, I hope we win but good luck".
Welshman: "What do you mean 'good luck'?? Why do you think we'll need luck to beat England? Our players won't be needing anything called luck. Skill, speed, stamina and big backs will be all we need! What will England have that won't need luck? - Nothing, that's what! - You are a WUM, you shold be banned from this site!"

Only joking, my Welsh friends Wink

"Oh no, you're not, Fly!!!!!!!!! You're a persistent wummer and should be banned from this site!"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:10 pm

Thomond wrote:
roddersm wrote:.... what if I was to say....England are bad loooooserrs and we have a better team???? eh???? ..... boxing ..... Whistle

You would be stating the truth Whistle

Yeah good one Thomond! We've got them on the run now! Yahoo
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:12 pm

SecretFly wrote:Englishman to Irishman pre English/Irish game. "Look, I hope we win but good luck".

Englishman to Welshman pre English/Welsh game. "Look, I hope we win but good luck".
Welshman: "What do you mean 'good luck'?? Why do you think we'll need luck to beat England? Our players won't be needing anything called luck. Skill, speed, stamina and big backs will be all we need! What will England have that won't need luck? - Nothing, that's what! - You are a WUM, you shold be banned from this site!"

"Oh no, you're not, Fly!!!!!!!!! You're a persistent wummer and should be banned from this site!"

laughing Cracker!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:13 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:
Triangulation wrote:

Yes!

Its at twickenham so no red carpet. The Irish are far more enthusiastic for pomp and ceremony than us Brits.

Yeah.... in Ireland an elderly lady might have a cake with a symbolic candle on it for her birthday....................... Wink We do do things big.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:14 pm

Secret: Laugh Laugh guinness

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

Anyway, I'm off. Good luck to all sides tomorrow.... but let's hope that skill comes into the equation too sometimes! Wink

I think Wales will get their wish but I'll save my congratulations until after the game.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:25 pm

SecretFly wrote:
damngoodOvalball wrote:
Triangulation wrote:

Yes!

Yeah.... in Ireland an elderly lady might have a cake with a symbolic candle on it for her birthday....................... Wink We do do things big.

My old man sells his wares at the Farmleigh food market near Dublin and I have helped him out from time to time. Even the ice cream van has a red carpet for its waiting (how do you spell queueing?) patrons.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm

SecretFly wrote:Englishman to Irishman pre English/Irish game. "Look, I hope we win but good luck".

Christ on a bike, that made me laugh Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:13 pm

Bicker bicker, bicker.

The boring fact is ... The English and Paddies get on better than any other 2 races abroad. FACT. Don't discuss.

More bicker.. more of the bickering Ted.

Ireland by 25.

Then we'll start moaning how we threw a SLAM away against overrated Welsh and French sides. Ah well. We love an aul moan. Thrive on it.

Be good to see Kearney and Foden go at each other. 2 Lions in waiting.

P.S. The English dont wash.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:21 pm

Gibson wrote:Bicker bicker, bicker.

The boring fact is ... The English and Paddies get on better than any other 2 races abroad. FACT. Don't discuss.

Ireland by 25.

Then we'll start moaning how we threw a SLAM away against overrated Welsh and French sides. Ah well. We love an aul moan. Thrive on it.

I had a shower only last week Gibbo.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:23 pm

And the Irish wash Gibbo? Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:25 pm

Gibson Your boys and the anglos have something in common that I'm sure welds your beautiful countrys together with love and symmetry - A defeat to a young exuberant welsh team firing on 3 cylinders - Love Mo Chara Wales

2 Lions in waiting on the bench till 1/2p picks up an injury thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:28 pm

Portnoy wrote:

Ireland by 25.

I had a shower only last week Gibbo.

Ah fair enough then Portnoy mate. I was probably a bit harsh there. But all's fair in love and washin.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:28 pm

Gibbo
I love Irish company, what a great craic it is.
Paddy's day in Twickenham should be a blast, but sadly I will not be there.
Bought my son his first Guinness at an autumn AI game from the Guinness stand in th W Car Park (alright, not the same as Liffey Guinness). We were thirsty, it was delicious.
I once kissed an Irish colleen in Dublin (Killiney) after an England defeat, did not wash for a week for her sweetness.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:29 pm

Ireland by 25.

p.s. Gibbo made a typo
Gibbo made a typo

Da da da
Da da da

Very Happy Wink
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:34 pm

Haha

Aren't all Irish homes built on leprachauns for good luck (or was that a rainbow?)

Anyway good luck to all teams tomorrow, just more luck to some then others.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:34 pm

gregortree wrote:Gibbo
I love Irish company, what a great craic it is.
Paddy's day in Twickenham should be a blast, but sadly I will not be there.
Bought my son his first Guinness at an autumn AI game from the Guinness stand in th W Car Park (alright, not the same as Liffey Guinness). We were thirsty, it was delicious.
I once kissed an Irish colleen in Dublin (Killiney) after an England defeat, did not wash for a week for her sweetness.

Nice one bud. Father & Son and 1st pints together at the game. Its like a Right of Passage.
I remember my Da buying me my first Guinness at 17. I had to pretend I wasn't drinking it for 2 years already. Hard job, I wolfed it.

Oh Killiney girls are D4's. They shower 3 times a day, along with changing their outfits, roysh.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

I fxxxxxg loves Fridays when a Slam is on - Give me your best boys, Bread of Heaven - C'mon - Feed me till I want no MORE Wales Wales Wales

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:37 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Gibson Your boys and the anglos have something in common that I'm sure welds your beautiful countrys together with love and symmetry - A defeat to a young exuberant welsh team firing on 3 cylinders - Love Mo Chara Wales

2 Lions in waiting on the bench till 1/2p picks up an injury thumbsup

Ruby,
Stay well clear of the French man. They dont wash atall atall.

Hope ye win it mo chara. Ye lot will be unbearable... But feic it, that team/22 deserve it. 10% skill + 90% luck. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

10% skill, 10% luck and 80 % blessed that we have had some very good refs who are obviously under instructions from the giverning board to go easy on us following the gaff that cost us a RWC Yahoo Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:40 pm

Man, Ive been out-flanked. Warburton stylee.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:41 pm

Well its good to see Ruby is on form Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

I'm on fire again Billy, glad you could come on board - have about 20 minutes left beore I head back to Truro - Have to get my 5 year old a fecking toy gun on the way home - Hows you, I'm geting a little manic, just glad its not showing in my posts Tumbleweed

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

If France beat Wales is there a possibility that Owen Farrell could kick 15 drop goals and England nick the title?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

Ah Ruby (aka Shrink) is one of our own. We goes back a way on old 606. Like yersel Billy.

Man, really looking forward to tomorrow. Super Saturday is like one big rugby-drinking 6-N orgy. I'll be feiced before the Irish game. Grand.
Scratch that. I'll be well on (like the rest of ye) by the Wales game. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

Things are grand here Ruby, in cloudy Amsterdam waiting for tomorrow. Have a good one tomorrow and Party hard after the GS Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:49 pm

roddersm wrote:If France beat Wales is there a possibility that Owen Farrell could kick 15 drop goals and England nick the title?

There is that Rodders. I can almost hear Inverdull now... The New Johnny. An English standoff Messiah. Till the next game.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

Ruby ? were you Shrink on the old 606 ? What was Shrink's full name now ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:52 pm

Fxxk we should be in a pub right now - what a craic that would be - be better than the rugby and it would remind me of one hell of a drinking session I had with some of your mates in Limerick in the late 90's - talk about a welcome in the hillsides - Guinniess like milk - thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:53 pm

Are you after going to the game Ruby?

I will be raising a pint for you tomorrow from a Pub here in Amsterdam Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:53 pm

Gibson thinks I'm the RugbyShrink from 606 but I could never write such insightful articulate balanced posts as that fella - he was fecking remarkable Whistle

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:53 pm

God help us! Shocked

Right I almost outtahere to. Might be back on later for the U20s game but otherwise won't be on for a week or so, so I'll give my post mortem then!

Don't do too much Kidney bashing without me guys! Very Happy

Good luck to both sides tomorrow! Ruby enjoy your GS! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:54 pm

Shrink, you cracked me up then and you still do now OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:55 pm

eirebilly wrote:

Christ on a bike, that made me laugh Laugh

lol fly good one!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:55 pm

Take it easy rodders and good luck watching the match tomorrow at the airport Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:56 pm

eirebilly wrote:Are you after going to the game Ruby?

I will be raising a pint for you tomorrow from a Pub here in Amsterdam Very Happy

Tee off at at 8 am, back home for 12.30 game (bit of a salad) then the main course at 3 pm (2 fillets - rare) then the brutal desert at 5.30 at about which time I'll be half way through a bottle of malt having sunk 2 bottles of french champagne thumbsup CSI just wont seem the same at 9 pm Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:58 pm

Sounds good Ruby. Have a day mate OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 4:00 pm

gregortree wrote:Ruby ? were you Shrink on the old 606 ? What was Shrink's full name now ?

RugbyShrink.

Amazing poster on v1.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Mar 2012, 4:01 pm

eirebilly wrote:Take it easy rodders and good luck watching the match tomorrow at the airport Very Happy

Cheers Billy I'll find somewhere to watch it for sure! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 16 Mar 2012, 4:07 pm

Sure you will rodders Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm

I think I'm going to be sick.

Far too much man love going on.

England are going to rain on the Paddy's Parade tomorrow. By 12.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next