The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

+33
Afro
ncfc_Tooze
Hero
Ent
SirJohnnyEnglish
Gregers
jbeadlesbigrighthand
owen10ozzy
FIFA Diva
Kenny
Marky
Colan (niner)
TopHat24/7
BamBam
hornbloweroafc
The Terror of Tylorstown
Hulking_up
monty junior
Liam
Sam
The Special Juan
Holymiky
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GSC
Fernando
JamesLincs
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Bull
NickisBHAFC
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
37 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 21 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Aug 2013, 6:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

We are just under three weeks away from the end of the window, when it slams shut, and none of the big names from the Premier League have gone anywhere. Suarez, Rooney, Bale could all leave, but the tables have turned and at least 2 of the 3 look likely to stay where they are. 

Will business slow down as the Premier League season starts this Saturday before a late flurry as panic sets in, squads are closer to confirmation and the window closes?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 21 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:05 pm

Would be cool to see him in the PL, but nobody who could afford his wages need or want him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 21 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by The Special Juan Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:07 pm

Do you think someone like Arsenal would take a punt on him? I'd take him at Utd on a one-year deal to see if he could recover some of that old spark. However, I remember him saying he wanted to return to AC Milan when he signed for Real so it's probably Milan he'll go to.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:07 pm

I think he accepts hes going to have to take a very hefty pay cut.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:08 pm

I think even for Arsenal at this point, Kaka would be last resort
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:35 pm

Kaka is nowhere near the same player he was, his cameo roles for Madrid were poor. Got the same feeling with Eto`o, buying on reputation instead of actual ability nowadays at their age. Yanga mbiwa had eto`o in his pocket over two legs in Europe last year and yanga is pretty average.

Can only see Kaka heading home before the WC and getting some first team action.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:45 pm

United have a 38m bid for Fellaini and Baines rejected
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:46 pm

Kaka would need a run of games. Whether his fitness would allow it is another story. He'd have to be a luxury signing really, where his contribution is a bonus rather than a necessity
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:50 pm

On Fellaini/Baines, might be a fair market offer, or it might not, the fact is United have left it far too late. Dithered over Thiago and Fabregas moves that were eventually futile and now they'll have to be ripped off to make Everton sell their best players in the last week of the window
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:53 pm

Yeah, I think that bid earlier in the window probably would have got them. Now they've left it so late and Everton will not sell without United paying over the odds, especially as both players seem happy to stay.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:00 pm

Cant argue with that. United screwed up this window really. They wont crumble without, but new signings were definitely targeted and they just didnt get it right. For all Arsenal are criticised for targeting Suarez and missing out on Higuain, United have been arrogant with their pursuit of Fellaini, just assuming they could put it on hold whilst they went off for marquee names. 

I want Kaka in the Premier League. Do I think he still has it? Not really, but the guy was absolute quality before Madrid, a chance to see him regain some of that here in England would be hard to turn down. Looks a Man United marketing signing to me, the Brazilians would love it! 

Big name possible movers left? Baines/Fellaini deal? Kaka? Modric? Di Maria? We're looking at over £600m spent in this window by my reckoning. FFP era!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:02 pm

I think even £40m is undervaluing the two of them. £45m + is what they want I imagine, if Baines is worth £15-20m and Fellaini worth £25-30m.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:05 pm

Looks like Utd are going for Herrera for Bilbao. Decent player, useful and seems to suggest Fellaini transfer is stalling.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:08 pm

But Utd don't need another AM Sad
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:13 pm

The story broken on Herrera also suggest that the 30 million Euros bid will not be accepted and Bilbao will demand United match his release clause of 36m euros. Id love United to sign him, but also get Fellaini too. If they can grab all three (Baines included) it goes from a nothing window to an incredible one.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:14 pm

Liverpool to sign Shay Given as cover for Mignolet

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:15 pm

With Everton, I dont think they will struggle too much with Fellaini going late, they want McCarthy from Wigan so thats straight where they'll go. Baines may be a problem. 

Adding to who could move, Chelsea will definitely move on one or two. 

And will Arsenal get anyone?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:17 pm

he isn't a AM, more of a CDM or ordinary cm, with an excellent passing game. I think if its true, then it'll be a good signing. Seems to be true as the source who revealed the bid was the same who revealed Thiago to Bayern.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:41 pm

Fernando wrote:Liverpool to sign Shay Given as cover for Mignolet
Would be happy with that signing, depending on his wages. Would be surprised if it's true, Rodgers seems to like Brad Jones who is good enough cover as Mignolet isn't likely to need resting all that often as a young goalkeeper. 

Expected City to sign him to push Hart a bit.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:59 pm

Did I see quotes from David Platt saying he and Mancini had decided to sign Begovic?

To answer my own question, I did.

Platt wrote:'If Mancini and I were still at Man City this year Joe Hart wouldn't be there. We made a decision to sign Asmir Begovic.'

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:21 am

For me, Hart's performances have dipped every year since the season he was given the nod ahead of Given, where he basically stopped Spurs all by himself. For me, he is an arrogant person which has now passed over to his goalkeeping. For me, Fraser Forster should be Englands no.1

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:23 am

Liam wrote:For me, Hart's performances have dipped every year since the season he was given the nod ahead of Given, where he basically stopped Spurs all by himself. For me, he is an arrogant person which has now passed over to his goalkeeping. For me, Fraser Forster should be Englands no.1
Man city are nothing without Kompany, but I agree Hart is not consistent.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:29 am

Liam wrote:For me, Hart's performances have dipped every year since the season he was given the nod ahead of Given, where he basically stopped Spurs all by himself. For me, he is an arrogant person which has now passed over to his goalkeeping. For me, Fraser Forster should be Englands no.1
I feel like I should be doing something for you angel

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:41 am

I'm with you. I think the fame and money has gone to his head (and shoulders) and he needs brought down to Earth. Forster's been terrific in Scotland and I honestly don't know why he isn't at least Number 2 for England. Does playing in a weaker league really make him a poorer keeper than those other English choices?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:45 am

The contrast in Hart and De Gea is astounding, one burst on to the scene and could do no wrong while the other was making mistake after mistake. Fast forward 18 months and one goes from strength to strength while the other seems to be regressing at an alarming rate, says a lot about the mentality of some.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:50 am

As a Celtic fan mate id love to see big Frase be Englands number 1 but for a guy who stands at 6'7 he doesn't do enough to command his box, he was getting there but got a shoulder injury in January and hasn't been the same since, his reflexes are umbelievably good for such a big man though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:54 am

I love Fraser, but he's not near Ruddy/Foster's level at the moment. As Kay Fabe says his command of his box is not good, but his shot stopping is amazing. He was pulling off ridic saves in League 1 with us
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:00 am

I do feel Hart's demise is a little blown out of proportion at times, but he could do with someone really threatening his job
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:03 am

For a top level goalkeeper he was awful for large parts of last season, he's still young enough to get much better but he needs someone to sit down and tell him not to rest on his laurels.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:11 am

Big fan of Forster too. I think he could do with playing in England to some extent. It may be in that respect that he would face harder games as a more worked keeper and also psychologically it may put a pressure on him in the English eye that would adapt his game. I thought he himself said he wanted to leave, I was very surprised Sunderland didnt move for him. I reckon he'd be Newcastle's keeper now if Krul wasnt so good. 

Then again, why leave Celtic? Its a hell of a place to play, plus he gets Ajax, Milan and Barca twice this season. Prove yourself in those games then he should be on the plane. His size and reflexes will always be an asset, and at 25 the other things will come as he moves into his prime.

Hart? Overrated for a while, the hype machine ruined him. Good keeper, liable to mistakes since he hit the heights, needs to be challenged and could probably do with being dropped for a while so he can evaluate his game.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:14 am

One thing that's always disappointed me about Hart, which is pretty easy to fix, is his distribution. Whenever I've seen him play live it's been p1ss poor.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 30 Aug 2013, 8:59 am

The thing with Forster, the first half of last season he was probably as good as any England goalkeeper, his performances against Helsingborgs, Benfica, Spartak Moscow and Barcelona were tremendous and he made some saves against Hearts that defied belief, he was super motivated and it showed, he got a shoulder injury in January and when he came back he hasn't been the same, I'm hoping qualifying for the CL again will really whet his appetite again.

I'd agree though that he won't really challenge Joe Hart while playing in Scotland, rightly or wrongly the stigma attached to our game wont go away, Benfica want him though, we won't sell until next Summer but if he cant get a CL/EL club in England then id like to see him try his luck abroad.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:01 am

GSC wrote:United have a 38m bid for Fellaini and Baines rejected
Ridiculous, should tell Everton to do one in that case. They're not worth a penny more than that.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:03 am

The Special Juan wrote:I think even £40m is undervaluing the two of them.  £45m + is what they want I imagine, if Baines is worth £15-20m and Fellaini worth £25-30m.
Which they're not. At all.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:09 am

They might not have been at the start of the summer, but now that United are even more desperate, and there are so few players left available on the market, you can bet your bottom dollar that the deal for those two will be closer to £50m than the £28m they originally bid.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:22 am

They're still not worth that much. Maybe you're getting confused between 'price' and 'worth'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:23 am

No it won't, the deal just won't happen.

We've better players already IMO for that price.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:24 am

Warren Buffett wrote:Price is what you pay; value is what you get.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:27 am

Price proves how much they are worth to the purchaser. If Fellaini is worth £30m to United, they will pay it. If he's not, they won't. So they are one and the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:31 am

Olly wrote:One thing that's always disappointed me about Hart, which is pretty easy to fix, is his distribution. Whenever I've seen him play live it's been p1ss poor.
For some reason, keepers in England seem to get a free pass on this front. When was the last time an England keeper had good distribution? David James was okay on that front, but he's the most recent. Robinson and Green in particular both had terrible distribution. I think it's a major reason as to why we've been so bad at holding on to the ball.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:34 am

David Seaman had good distribution, Nigel Martyn too, but I can't think of an England keeper since that can rival them. Of course we all saw Schmeichel and want our keeper to be like him.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:42 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Price proves how much they are worth to the purchaser. If Fellaini is worth £30m to United, they will pay it. If he's not, they won't. So they are one and the same.
picard

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:47 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Price proves how much they are worth to the purchaser. If Fellaini is worth £30m to United, they will pay it. If he's not, they won't. So they are one and the same.
Indeed, you're only worth what someone is willing to pay.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:04 am

Someone stuck a pound coin on ebay a few years back. Bids ended up surpassing £1.

Does that mean that pound coin was worth more than £1?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:13 am

To the person that bought the coin, yes. Just because it had a monetary value of £1m doesn't mean it doesn't have other intangible values.

Same as Fellaini. Just because he doesn't score the most goals, set up the most, tackle the most, head the most, doesn't mean United value him at your bargain basement price, whatever it is. Moyes knows Fellaini's worth, having managed him for years, and if he wants the player, he'll pay the price he feels matches Fellaini's worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:18 am

picard

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:21 am

Quality riposte there
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:24 am

It's the only response one can post when one doesn't have a substantiated point GSC.

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:34 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Someone stuck a pound coin on ebay a few years back.  Bids ended up surpassing £1.  

Suppose I told you I had a fiver that had been signed by Nelson Mandela, the Queen and John Lennon? What would that be worth? Even money can be worth more than the value nominally assigned to it.

Worth is subjective, and simply what someone is willing to pay. A wooden leg would be of no value to me, but I daresay would be worth something to a person with one leg. Fellaini may not be worth much to most teams, but if you need a driving box-to-box midfielder, then he may be worth more.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:39 am

Well put Jezza clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:03 am

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Someone stuck a pound coin on ebay a few years back.  Bids ended up surpassing £1.  

Suppose I told you I had a fiver that had been signed by Nelson Mandela, the Queen and John Lennon? What would that be worth? Even money can be worth more than the value nominally assigned to it.

Worth is subjective, and simply what someone is willing to pay. A wooden leg would be of no value to me, but I daresay would be worth something to a person with one leg. Fellaini may not be worth much to most teams, but if you need a driving box-to-box midfielder, then he may be worth more.
I'll give you six quid for it...maybe even seven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next