The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why the disdain for the Pro12?

+43
Irish Londoner
Engine#4
justified sinner
wayne
Totalflanker
Sin é
geoff999rugby
Scrumpy
Feckless Rogue
thebandwagonsociety
Breadvan
quinsforever
Metal Tiger
nathan
R!skysports
Portnoy's Complaint
Mickado
profitius
Allty
Cardiff Dave
Exiledinborders
munkian
GunsGerms
VinceWLB
beshocked
Biltong
Jenifer McLadyboy
ScarletSpiderman
Golden
PenfroPete
Standulstermen
ChequeredJersey
Chunky Norwich
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
LeinsterFan4life
lostinwales
rodders
geoff998rugby
HammerofThunor
Dubbelyew L Overate
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
whocares
TJ
47 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Why the disdain for the Pro12? - Page 8 Empty Why the disdain for the Pro12?

Post by TJ Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Chaps - I know its a bit controversial but try to keep it civil please

Some posters on here show great disdain for the Po12 disparaging it on dubious grounds.  Often without actually watching any / many games

Its a very competitive league with the top teams losing more than the AP and the bottom teams winning more.  Despite no relegation teams fight hard all season.  Many great competative games with some great rivalries building up and regular derby games.

For example rotation of players.  Exeter made 10 changes from the team played in their last league game for the team that played Glasgow in the HC.  I really do not see this supposed "resting" of players in the Pro 12 is any different to the rotation of AP squads.

Pro 12 teams do at least as well ( considered as a league) as do the top 14 or AP in the HC

Quality of games is high as entertainment and arguably better on average that the AP and certainly better than the top14 although the AP has improved greatly over the last couple of seasons with less attritional negative gameplans in evidence ( although I do only watch the games I think will be good)

I enjoy watching top 14 and AP games

Why do some posters make such disparaging comments?  I am genuinely interested in this.  Is it jealousy?  Is it fear?  

Please keep it civil chaps.  Ta

Edit - the top 4 teams in the Pro12 are separated by 6 points, in the AP its 18.  Bottom 4 teams in the Pro 12 separated by 10 points AP 15

Edit again - more try bonus points in the Ap. less losing bonus points - again pointing to a more competative league

Last edited by TJ on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

TJ

Back to top Go down

Why the disdain for the Pro12? - Page 8 Empty Re: Why the disdain for the Pro12?

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:29 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote: On Saturday, in the Scarlets game, the ref was Deadly Dudly (Phillips) who is a Leinster ref. You seriously think he would prefer Munster to beat Scarlets?

This was his reaction to the TMO disallowing the Munster try. Doesn't look like a man who wants Munster to lose

Why the disdain for the Pro12? - Page 8 DopeyEnchantingGrub

You'd swear Munster won from some crappy ref decisions.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Why the disdain for the Pro12? - Page 8 Empty Re: Why the disdain for the Pro12?

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 am

This is a perfect chance to highlight the awful officiating (bordering on corruptness) in the Pro12. My team won, and I still think it was one of the worst officiating performances of the season so far.

The one in Zebre was worse by all accounts.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:40 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:This is a perfect chance to highlight the awful officiating (bordering on corruptness) in the Pro12. My team won, and I still think it was one of the worst officiating performances of the season so far.

The one in Zebre was worse by all accounts.

Maybe if your fans stopped getting on the back of the ref, he might have done a better job. That is one thing the Welsh are good at, hissing and booing.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote: On Saturday, in the Scarlets game, the ref was Deadly Dudly (Phillips) who is a Leinster ref. You seriously think he would prefer Munster to beat Scarlets?

This was his reaction to the TMO disallowing the Munster try. Doesn't look like a man who wants Munster to lose

Why the disdain for the Pro12? - Page 8 DopeyEnchantingGrub

Laugh 

To be fair he did give the Scarlets 2 generous penalty at the end of the game.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am

Sin é wrote:

Maybe if your fans stopped getting on the back of the ref, he might have done a better job. That is one thing the Welsh are good at, hissing and booing.

Yes, the referee should only do a good job if he is offered cakes and applauded at every second of the game.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Yes, the referee should only do a good job if he is offered cakes and applauded at every second of the game.

I'd say if you stopped hissing and booing at every decision might be enough.

Your unbelievable - you've won and your still moaning about the ref.

Also interesting is that you'd think that Scarlets had won the world cup and not just beat Munster in the 'crappy' Rabo by the reaction of the team and their fans to the win.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Sin é wrote:

And if we'd lost, you'd say I was only moaning about the ref because we lost. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

Also interesting is that you'd think that Scarlets had won the world cup and not just beat Munster in the 'crappy' Rabo by the reaction of the team and their fans to the win.

That is interesting. What reaction is this? Have you got any links?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

And if we'd lost, you'd say I was only moaning about the ref because we lost. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

That is interesting. What reaction is this? Have you got any links?

You just seem to moan about everything.

Watch the end of the game to catch the celebrations on player. You'd never think it was a Pro12 match they had just won.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Sin é wrote:

Unfortunately, there is far more wrong with the game than right at the moment. In my worthless opinion of course.

Watch the end of the game to catch the celebrations on player. You'd never think it was a Pro12 match they had just won.

Perhaps they enjoy beating Munster that little bit more than any other team. Understandably so with all the biased refereeing that Munster have seemed to enjoy throughout the years. The players were surely motivated by the corrupt TMO decision in the return fixture earlier int he season too.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Unfortunately, there is far more wrong with the game than right at the moment. In my worthless opinion of course.

Perhaps they enjoy beating Munster that little bit more than any other team. Understandably so with all the biased refereeing that Munster have seemed to enjoy throughout the years. The players were surely motivated by the corrupt TMO decision in the return fixture earlier int he season too.

And you want to throw away all that rivalry to get into bed with Saracens ? Whistle 

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 pm

Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

And you want to throw away all that rivalry to get into bed with Saracens ? Whistle 

Errr, yeah I'd happily never play any of the Irish sides ever again thanks.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Must be sickening for you that you have an Irish coach.   Hug 
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:40 pm

It's interesting that the TMO is only meant to report and advise on clear and obvious acts are they not? The ball did move in the ruck but it wasn't clear that it was a knock on just like it wasn't clear if there was a scarlet hand illegally in there on the ball. The TMO gave his response to the referee but that seemed to be contradictory as well. It was a rough period of play for the officials.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Is this the start of the petition so to remove Irish from the 6Ns? The markets generating the money are England (with Wales on their coat-tails) and France, it must only be a matter of time before this Franglo-Welsh competition starts up.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Sin é wrote:

Faux Irish. Yorkshireman who wasn't wanted by England.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

That just isn't true. He turned England down.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I'm sure you got my point.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I'm sure you got my point.

No. I didn't. Seems like a really pointless charge to make.

Its even better that Simon, the adopted Welshman, chose Ireland over the lot of you.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Sin é wrote:

Its even better that Simon, the adopted Welshman, chose Ireland over the lot of you.

My point is, it's not sickening. He's a Llanelli legend. It's not like we're coached by such charming individuals like Marcus Horan, Jerry Flannery or Alan Quinlan is it?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

My point is, it's not sickening. He's a Llanelli legend. It's not like we're coached by such charming individuals like Marcus Horan, Jerry Flannery or Alan Quinlan is it?

Don't think they are coaching any rugby teams (Fla is working for Arsenal as a S&C coach), whats your point.

Last edited by Sin é on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Don't think they are coaching any rugby teams (Fla is working for Arsenal as a S&T coach), whats your point.

I've just told you. I even helped you by putting the words "My point is.." before I made my point.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Don't think they are coaching any rugby teams (Fla is working for Arsenal as a S&T coach), whats your point.

I've just told you. I even helped you by putting the words "My point is.." before I made my point.

Ah, you just threw me off the scent that you rated Simon with the comment that he was a ''Faux Irish. Yorkshireman who wasn't wanted by England.''
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:42 pm

Easily done.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Interestingly, no pro12 apologists have commented on the Blues disallowed try on the previous page. I've noticed that on here alot. If a post disproves the agenda, it's just ignored.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Interestingly, no pro12 apologists have commented on the Blues disallowed try on the previous page. I've noticed that on here alot. If a post disproves the agenda, it's just ignored.

When you haven't seen the game, its better not to comment.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Interestingly, no pro12 apologists have commented on the Blues disallowed try on the previous page. I've noticed that on here alot. If a post disproves the agenda, it's just ignored.

Christ that's weak.

It's a highlight of a try.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Christ that's weak.

I haven't watched it.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Christ that's weak.

I haven't watched it.

sigh

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:44 pm

BOD tracker.
Have you ever seen him in league action in your ground?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Many times.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:20 am

Nope, never seen him play a pro12 game here.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:24 am

Where's 'here'?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:35 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Where's 'here'?
Ospreys, you'd have to go back further than I can remember to have seen him play at the Liberty, if he has at all.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Seen him play against Edinburgh on a number of occasions, can't remember how many.

Edit: including this year when we beat Leinster.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:57 pm

When you beat Leinster??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Surely a typo WhistleWink We all know that nobody beats Leinster in Pro12.  Or at least that's the guff we generally give our English pals who never watch it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Where's 'here'?
Ospreys, you'd have to go back further than I can remember to have seen him play at the Liberty, if he has at all.
He has only played at the Liberty once, on the 23rd of Nov 2007

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Although, out of the last 5 games 4 were during the international window (2x AI, 1x 6N, 1x WC).

Edit: normal season, not playoffs

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:49 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Although, out of the last 5 games 4 were during the international window (2x AI, 1x 6N, 1x WC).

Edit: normal season, not playoffs
Goes to show how poor the marketing is in the league, that is probably the biggest game outside of derbies in the league and there are never any internationals on show.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8