The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+25
lorus59
BlueCoverman
puligny
Plunky
Diggers
mystiroakey
super_realist
MontysMerkin
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
pedro
McLaren
incontinentia
westisbest
Davie
beninho
kwinigolfer
GunsGerms
Bob_the_Job
1GrumpyGolfer
raycastleunited
SmithersJones
golfermartin
JAS
barragan
29 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2014, 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rugby players are too fat to catch us Davie.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 28 Mar 2014, 9:51 pm

beninho wrote:T20 may not be to everyone's tastes but watching Darren Sammy smashing the aussies is great. In fact he is my current favourite player.
Oh, definitely agree with you there. Not a lot better than that sort of thing, especially when one of their mouthy players makes some dumb remark about the Windies. Obviously, he was too young to remember Tony Grieg and what happened to England after his remarks on that famous tour. Now, if the Aussies can just do the right thing and fail to get out of this stage, so much the better!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 29 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm

Think the aussies are out like us now. Terrible bowling performance by England. Good to see palace win today aswell.

Now anyone on here good with cars and have any knowledge?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 29 Mar 2014, 7:50 pm

As a palace fan I am pretty impressed with us today.. 

Onto england . Dernbach is worse than useless- but amazing effort with the bat all 3 games..

We have been good enough to progress- the DL NZ result cost us bad , and unfairly.

I have a Golf, never had a great car ben. Its a nice car but its just a car,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:00 pm

Anyone watch the Louis Theroux documentary on end of life care in America? One of the patients was a young chap who went into a coma after an overdose. He didn't wake up after 72 or so hours and the doctors told the family that the best case scenario was persistent vegetative state, he wouldn't walk, talk or know who he was for life. A couple of months later he walks out of hospital! Doctors were way off. Love them Theroux docs  Very Happy 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

Recorded it, will watch some time this week.

I do like his programmes.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 31 Mar 2014, 10:44 am

Due to the seriously unfair way that people are made to pay for healthcare, for most Americans end of life care begins at 55, when you develop anything more serious than a splinter.

Last edited by McLaren on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 31 Mar 2014, 10:58 am

westisbest wrote:Recorded it, will watch some time this week.

I do like his programmes.
Think I ruined it for you, sorry!

Mclaren according to that programme, some states pay healthcare costs.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:27 am

Ah no bother, will watch anyway.

Saw some of the one last week with the dogs.

Do like his shows. Very good.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:03 pm

Hillsborough - Yawn.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:56 pm

It seems the Scottish currency will be changed to feature the head of your 'Dear Leader' if the the independence vote goes through.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/scottish-politics/10735711/Alex-Salmond-to-replace-the-Queen-on-new-Scottish-pound-coin.html
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:58 pm

incontinentia wrote:It seems the Scottish currency will be changed to feature the head of your 'Dear Leader' if the the independence vote goes through.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/scottish-politics/10735711/Alex-Salmond-to-replace-the-Queen-on-new-Scottish-pound-coin.html

That's quite a funny April Fool, Captures the fat slovenly creep's likeness very well.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 01 Apr 2014, 4:01 pm

Ha ha, damn I thought you might have bought that one soup!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 01 Apr 2014, 7:53 pm

Did anyone see the story today about Miley Cyrus being the musical act for the opening of the Ryder Cup ceremony?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm

Without a doubt it will be something crap, parochial, unashamedly Scottish and downright embarassing like The Proclaimers, Deacon Blue, Runrig or Wet Wet Wet (to match the weather)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 01 Apr 2014, 8:38 pm

Is Kenneth McKellar still alive?
That's more O'Grady's style, surely?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:31 pm

1st of April

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:01 am

pedro wrote:1st of April

Well blow me down .. you don't say ...  Rolling Eyes 

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

super_realist wrote:Without a doubt it will be something crap, parochial, unashamedly Scottish and downright embarassing like The Proclaimers, Deacon Blue, Runrig or Wet Wet Wet (to match the weather)

What's wrong with any of them??...

Lights blue touch paper and stands back Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:06 am

The Proclaimers are the only decent scotch export. Closely followed by the Krankies.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:08 am

MontysMerkin wrote:The Proclaimers are the only decent scotch export. Closely followed by the Krankies.
Oh and those square pink faux sausage things.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:50 am

scotch make tape Monty and Yanks sometimes refer to whiskey as scotch.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:52 am

....and pink??? Do you eat your sliced sausage raw??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 02 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm

Only saying what I see JAS. Many a fine night spent in the Monifieth Hotel (probably long gone) dining on the finest fish fingers and oven chips money could buy. Breakfasting on pink slices of something vaguely resembling meat after being assured that it was indeed a scotchland 'sausage'. I think it was awarded the title of one of the greatest hotels near Dundee. The heavy was good though.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 03 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:Only saying what I see JAS. Many a fine night spent in the Monifieth Hotel (probably long gone) dining on the finest fish fingers and oven chips money could buy. Breakfasting on pink slices of something vaguely resembling meat after being assured that it was indeed a scotchland 'sausage'. I think it was awarded the title of one of the greatest hotels near Dundee. The heavy was good though.

Headscratch struggling to understand most of this most

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 05 Apr 2014, 10:25 am

raycastleunited wrote:  
MontysMerkin wrote:Only saying what I see JAS. Many a fine night spent in the Monifieth Hotel (probably long gone) dining on the finest fish fingers and oven chips money could buy. Breakfasting on pink slices of something vaguely resembling meat after being assured that it was indeed a scotchland 'sausage'. I think it was awarded the title of one of the greatest hotels near Dundee. The heavy was good though.

Headscratch struggling to understand most of this most

What you struggling with Ray? Sliced sausage being pink? The Heavy being good?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 05 Apr 2014, 10:36 am

So...just over a week to go to the Marathon...who fancies a go at time prediction? Here are the clues
in 2008 I ran 4:11
This year, training hasn't quite gone according to plan, there have been some injury gaps but overall better than 2008 (I have managed 2 x 20 milers - one of which was an organised race 2:57:21 - but finished dying on my arse).
Apart from the calf injuries I've been plagued by runners knee, particularly the left, I've had to abandon 3 of my longer runs because of it. A knee strap now helps a bit (reduces excruciatingly painful to just annoyingly sore).
I'm targeting 4 hours hoping to go through 20 in about 2:55...because of the lack of background mileage I do expect to fade quite a bit from 20 onwards but do just enough to hang on to the sub 4 mark. This will be my 5th marathon. Ok...guess away!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 05 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

4.00 on the dot; that's not including time spent calling on an official for a ruling, nor an injury time-out a la Harrington, or a bacon sarnie and a beer after 9 miles.

My daughter ran her first (and only) marathon last year in just over four hours, sure you'll beat that.

Good luck JAS, stay thirsty.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 05 Apr 2014, 11:15 am

3:47

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 05 Apr 2014, 12:13 pm

4 hours and 1 minute

Last edited by incontinentia on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Sat 05 Apr 2014, 1:31 pm

3:50 on the nose.   Good luck JAS !

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:36 am

JAS some of want to know how your running mate did in the second 20 miler? Did she get away?

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:53 pm

Yeah she did it Puligny bless 'er. Sure she'll complete it on the day too, probably around about 4 and a half hours though.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Apr 2014, 6:43 pm

Jealous of you guys doing that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 07 Apr 2014, 6:53 pm

If you'd only said last week Super... I'd quite happily have traded you some of the post 20 mile pain to make you feel part of it Wink

Actually did a good few miles of the route as well so it was a really useful outing, reminded me how dull and uninspiring it is around docklands as opposed to the great feeling of those last 2-3 miles on the Embankment, Birdcage Walk and the Mall.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:06 pm

Docklands is always the bit I dread the most, lonely, windy, cold and the most boring part of it, and worst of all, at a bad mileage for your morale.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:37 pm

Was Peaches in your dead pool super?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm

With a name and family background like that she'd have to have been short odds Inco.

It's not remotely surprising is it? I'm surprised the media is making such a story out of such a talentless no-mark

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:37 pm

Poor Pixie and Fifi Trixibelle.( picard)  Bob, save your family, not Africa.

PS. Can't tell whether it's Bob Geldof or Gareth Bale who has his own emoticon...?.  monkey

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:23 am

The issue of climate change has been in the news a lot recently.
An Irish environmentalist had a meltdown on live radio yesterday whilst being interviewed on the matter. He had this to say:
“All of the media is being irresponsible about climate change. It is unequivocal that climate change is real, and it’s happening now.

“We knew tobacco smoke was damaging health yet the deniers were allowed to keep the confusion and doubt going for years, and millions of people died in that time.

“The truth is we’re facing the biggest we’ve ever faced as humans beings. It is going to have devastating effects.

“The media don’t seem to get it, they don’t seem to read the science.

“If there was a programme about the holocaust, would we give equal time to holocaust deniers?

How do you feel about this issue, and have you done anything to reduce your carbon footprint?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:40 am

"Tell me why I dont like Mondays"

Unfortunate song lyric choice?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDxFtQgoWt8

Sad news, RIP peaches.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:42 am

I feel unbelievably frustrated about the denial of climate change and the simpleton moronic way that most people look at it.

The science is simple, we (humans) have cause climate change and at some point this is going to impact us big time. Probably starting with the death of the oceans before we see any real scorching of the land masses.

I like the quote

"Gravity is only a theory so why not try throwing yourself from the 10th floor"
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:47 am

Why don't we just start learning to deal with the effects of climate change instead of pretending we can do something about it.

I don't really care about climate change, climate change has always happened, it's never been a constant, the cause of it is irrelevant. How we deal with it isn't.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:47 am

Of course climate change is real, am i concerned, unfortunately not. Should i be? Probably. Have i done anything regarding my carbon footprint? Nope, not intentionally anyway. Just brought a diesel car, does that make any difference?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 08 Apr 2014, 11:01 am

McLaren wrote:The science is simple, we (humans) have cause climate change

There's the problem in a nutshell though .. statements like that which have no basis in fact yet stated as an undeniable axiom

As Super says, climate change has always happened and always will happen. Naive in the extreme to say we have caused it. This has never been proven, and never will be. Dealing with it is the important thing, not (trying to ) stop it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Apr 2014, 11:18 am

I don't disagree that we may have made a contribution as a species to global warming which in turn may have led to climate change. I disagree we "caused" it in entireity as the climate is dependent on much more than one input.

Trying to reverse it is stupid though, especially when any contribution the UK has ever made is dwarfed by India, China, Africa and America.

Learn to deal with it, that doesn't mean "dredging" rivers, as that would have made zero impact on the recent floods.
Actually not building on an active floodplain is the sort of measures you need to take, the flooding isn't even a concern.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 08 Apr 2014, 11:49 am

Main reasons for not having children. Why would I condemn my lineage to suffer the outcome of our immense stupidity. The amount of crap being manufactured the world over using resources that we really should be looking after is beyond comprehension. Still as long as we can buy cheap tellys why should it bother me?
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:31 pm

Davie

When science tells you that gravity or the laws of thermodynamics are true do you believe it?

If so then why deny humans contribution to climate change when science tells us this is the case?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:35 pm

Don't be stupid Mac .. give yourself a break from it. Gravity or laws of thermodynamics are demonstrable. Human involvement in climate change isn't. It's an opinion, nothing more. No one can know what the climate would be doing if we weren't here

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:38 pm

mclaren wrote:"Gravity is only a theory so why not try throwing yourself from the 10th floor"
isn't gravity a law?

In terms of learning to deal with it- I would have a hard time learning to deal with the storms we had over the winter, if they were to become a regular occurrence.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:38 pm

Davie

Read the peer reviewed literature on climate change, and then feel free to comment.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next