The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

+42
Welly
21st Century Schizoid Man
reallybored
Margin_Walker
sensisball
mikey_dragon
whocares
des
demosthenes
St John The Enforcer
R!skysports
Manky-Flanker
Mad for Chelsea
Eejit
TJ
Scottish White Line Fever
LordDowlais
Tattie Scones RRN
RossAnderson
Scottrf
Majestic83
nickj
cakeordeath
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Ozzy3213
MacKnocked-on
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
EST
BigGee
profitius
Anglobraveheart
George Carlin
highland_scot
RDW
RuggerRadge2611
EWT Spoons
tigertattie
IanBru
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
46 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 16 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 May 2017, 9:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 16 P12-gl10

Glasgow Warriors & Edinburgh

The Histories:

Guiness Pro 12
Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow Warriors

Edinburgh Rugby Highlights 2016/2017 vomit
Glasgow Warriors Pro 12 Highlights 2016/2017  Sorry

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 16 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by reallybored Fri 18 Aug 2017, 4:39 pm

BigGee wrote:Hutchinson is a young and decent player but he has got some competition in the centres for Scotland now and probably needs to nail down a starting place for Saints before any international call ups will be coming his way. We will watch his career with interest though.

You do feel that there may be a vacancy in the back row though. Strauss not being picked and Ryan Wilson probably not really the answer at No.8 despite all of his endeavour. None of the touted players, Denton, Ashe, CDP have really taken the chance to make it their own position over the years.

Maybe Eadie deserves a shot, but to be fair we have not really seen much of what he can do outside the championship yet. He certainly looked good at that level, but did not stand out in a struggling Bristol team last year. The move to Saints is a good one for him and will provide the answer as to whether or not he can step up.

They had better all watch out though as Fargerson M is coming up fast on the rails and seem to be both in a hurry and no great respecters of reputations. You don't get the feeling that Toonie would not blood any player just because of his age. If he is good enough, he is old enough!

Bradbury will be our Number 8 come RWC 2019.

Hopefully Ashe can have an injury free season too, always liked him.

Fagerson is surely going to be Watson's main competition at open-side by 2019.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 16 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by BigGee Fri 18 Aug 2017, 5:04 pm

reallybored wrote:
BigGee wrote:Hutchinson is a young and decent player but he has got some competition in the centres for Scotland now and probably needs to nail down a starting place for Saints before any international call ups will be coming his way. We will watch his career with interest though.

You do feel that there may be a vacancy in the back row though. Strauss not being picked and Ryan Wilson probably not really the answer at No.8 despite all of his endeavour. None of the touted players, Denton, Ashe, CDP have really taken the chance to make it their own position over the years.

Maybe Eadie deserves a shot, but to be fair we have not really seen much of what he can do outside the championship yet. He certainly looked good at that level, but did not stand out in a struggling Bristol team last year. The move to Saints is a good one for him and will provide the answer as to whether or not he can step up.

They had better all watch out though as Fargerson M is coming up fast on the rails and seem to be both in a hurry and no great respecters of reputations. You don't get the feeling that Toonie would not blood any player just because of his age. If he is good enough, he is old enough!

Bradbury will be our Number 8 come RWC 2019.

Hopefully Ashe can have an injury free season too, always liked him.

Fagerson is surely going to be Watson's main competition at open-side by 2019.

Forgot about Bradbury, yes he will definitely be in the mix as well.

Don't know about Fagerson as an openside though, if he keeps on developing size wise over the next few years he is going to be a very big lad. He may still become a primary ball carrier or just remain as a generic backrow player, of which there are more and more these days. Either way, you would imagine he will be playing for Scotland by the next WC if not before.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 5:04 pm

Hutchinson was the U20 10 the season before Hastings so can play there and in the centres, I know he's signed a longer contract at Saints but perhaps he could have been a good signing at stand off for Edinburgh instead of Weir.
Eadie has plenty of pace, that could be an advantage for him over some other options at 8 and/or 6. Holding down a spot at Saints will surely put him in the mix.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 18 Aug 2017, 7:46 pm

Live stream of Edinburgh v Sale.

Put on some music as there is no sound on the feed.

A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 18 Aug 2017, 9:52 pm

24-20 loss for Edinburgh.

Anyone go to the game?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 18 Aug 2017, 10:01 pm

Cockers arrival does not seem to have cured Edinburgh of losing in the last few minutes yet!

Still probably not a bad hit out first time up against a pretty strong looking Sale side.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigS1874 Fri 18 Aug 2017, 10:52 pm

Just back from meggetland, good crowd and a nice wee ground although it's a shame about the bloody parking.

The best Scottish player on the park was Byron McGuigan who looked very dangerous in a first half which Edinburgh were very poor. Although a very inexperienced Edinburgh side in the second half played very well.

A couple of points about individuals from my viewpoint:
Duncan weir had a typically poor performance,
SHC looked sharp and better than fowles,
Darcy graham has gas to burn
Murray McCallum made a positive impact within the scrum
Calum Hunter Hill is a real leader, came on in the second half and called lineouts and was generally very vocal
Like crosbie I think ? (Openside with no number) carried very well for a youngster although faf de Klerk almost took his head off
Grant gilchrist and CDP are both pretty average and have not fulfilled potential.

I heard a couple of whispers at the start of the week that Edinburgh are considering offering contracts this week with 7s players in mind. Therefore it was interesting to see Dougie Fife and James Johnston play a full half, both of which played well. Jamie farndale was quiet but wouldn't be suprised if they are looking at him.

Last edited by CraigS1874 on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

CraigS1874

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 18 Aug 2017, 10:56 pm

How were the new signings - the loose head and Harries etc?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigS1874 Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:41 pm

The loose head was ok but don't think he'll get a look in once the regulars return, the boy harries looks athletic didn't do anything magical but worked hard and will do a job. There was a replacement 10 that came on, I didn't recognise him anyone got a clue who he was ? Had a kick charged down but stood flat and had good communication.

The best thing about Edinburgh games is that it's that quiet you can listen to all the calls and see who are the leaders

CraigS1874

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 19 Aug 2017, 7:44 am

The match report highlights Luke Crosbie as having made some big carries - no idea who he is!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 19 Aug 2017, 8:27 am

Full game here but the first half is a write off quality wise

https://youtu.be/x-UkM-i8cig

Edinburgh tries at 1:39:00 and 1:44:00 onwards

Sale looked a lot more physical generally but we did have some young forwards out there. Mcallum and berghan annihilated their opposite numbers in the scrum which is good to see!

Not sure what Hodge has been doing all summer as our attack was pretty uninspiring again, and it isn't great we lost 4 tries.

Good first hit out though with a lot of players getting a run.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 19 Aug 2017, 10:14 am

Well lets hope The Warrior's young guys can do likewise against a very strong Northampton Saints team.   Average age 22 today Shocked
Interested how Adam Hastings and Geo. Horne get along. Hopefully another path in the development of Matt Fagerson who is already a good rugby player but with awesome potential. Also nice touch by Renzo in making Adam Ashe captain on his return to hometown. AA needs an injury free season and to push on as a senior player.

Last edited by 21st Century Schizoid Man on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Omission)

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 19 Aug 2017, 5:07 pm

Glasgow 14 - 19 Northampton.

Saints went ahead for the first time in the match in the last 5 minutes apparently.

Against that Northampton side, that is incredibly encouraging!

Match report here:
http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/17/08/19/glasgow-warriors-14-19-northampton-saints
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 20 Aug 2017, 7:56 am

Good showing from the young guys. Horne, Hastings, Fagerson, Cummings Smith, Kelly all to the fore. Future looks very bright. Have we discovered a new talent at FB. What a 20 mins Rory Hughes had. Bloody shame he was injured (HIA and did not re appear) Also Robbie Nairn got a nasty head injury in 2nd 40. Out for at least 5 mins from what I could see. Liked the way Johnson, Sarto and Ashe kept the young guys in order. and control. Line out went to pieces in last 15 mins after raft of changes and ultimately cost us victory against (on paper anyway) a stronger team. Refereeing (Mike Adamson)was in the woefully dangerous see no evil category. Neck rolls and early and late tackles off the ball all went unpunished.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:01 am

Highlights here

https://youtu.be/VQX3oZsO_Xc

George Horne looks a star in the making!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 20 Aug 2017, 11:32 am

Bon jour mes amies. appletini

First things first:
Horne-Hastings- Johnson-Kelly- Nairn-Hughes -Jean Paul Sarto

wow. Shocked That is the future. That is, potentially, an electric backline.
Smith-Ashe-Fagerson  That could end up as good as the Killer B's.
Renzo picks one team and heralds a whole New Age of rugby. Wow.

Secondly, just a couple of moments from my recent sojourn.
MrsPip and I took in Val D'Europe shopping hell. It was awful. bah
We wandered through the Val Village Outlet, where "designer brands" are on sale at bargain prices. As evinced by the Timberland store where exactly the same shirt as I bought in their York outlet was on sale for roughly twice the price. However, we passed the Versace, or Gucci or something, outlet which only allows two or three people in at a time and has a cordoned off queuing area outside. I thought MrsPip had slipped low quality high intensity hallucinogenics in my muesli again. There was a single file line of fourteen Japanese tourists standing silently in the rain each staring patiently at their I-Pads while they waited like supplicants before a holy shrine. It was a perfect metaphor for something...but I was too shocked to figure out what.

Then when we got back to London and boarded the train for sunny Essex...
Just as the doors are about to close she blunders into our carriage; twentyish, dyed blond, phone in one hand and champagne flute in the other (half full of flat Prosecco). Her opening words were, "I went to that place but the man wouldn't let me in cos I was dressed as a mermaid". She then proceeded to have a long intimate conversation with Jaymee who apparently was in Spain with another girl. Just when it threatened to become boring the twenty-something lads behind her mentioned how much they were looking forward to going on the lash in Cheltenham on Wednesday afternoon. Quick as a rat up a drainpipe she was on her knees leaning over the back of the seat, "I love Cheltenham can I come too?". Then there followed a three cornered conversation between herself, Jaymee the love rat and the Lads On The Lash (which they were). Pausing only to top up her glass from a ring pull which popped out of her handbag, "I'm on Gee an Tee now Jaymee". She the showed the aforementioned Love Rat to the Lads (seems it was a Skype type call). "He's punching he is." opined one of the Lads: this of course being a chivalrous way for a young swain to say "you are far too pretty for him, my dear."
"You ear that, Jay? You're punching. Punching!"
They continued in this vein while Jaymee told her the Lads were only "biggin it up, cos he was so far away."
"He says he's got a tiny knob." She cried at the top of her voice.
Obviously, we were now into rutting stag territory.
By this time MrsPip and I  were only pretending to read our books and were shamelessly enjoying the real life TOWIE being enacted before us. I must admit to being slightly puzzled: was Jaymee saying he, personally, had a small knob or that the Lad on the train had?
"He's got a small knob has he?" Asked the Lad. Not unreasonably I thought. She relayed the question to Jaymee in Spain.
At this point, probably frustrated because drunk girl couldn't , despite several attempts, overcomes the linguistic subtleties of a sentence which included "he said...he's got" Jaymee went for the more direct approach.
We all knew that he had because she held her phone above her head with the screen pointing away, closed her eyes and shouted, "Put it away Jaymee! No-one here wants to see your knob. No. No-one on this train wants to look at that. There are intellectuals across the aisle from me, really they're reading books. They don't want to see your knob. Has he put it away? Tell me when it's gone, I don't want to see it."
Mrs Pip and I stared intently at the paperbacks on our laps afraid to look up in case the sight of Jaymee's appendage burnt itself into our retinas.
Time seemed to stand still. Then we all realised that the train had actually been in a station for a couple of minutes, the people on the platform were also treated to Jaymee's cross border exhibitionism.
"Bloody hell it's Billericay, " screamed one of the Lads. They then apologised to the rest of the carriage for having to leave but it was their stop. I thought that was a mannerly touch, to be honest.
After they left, drunk girl checked her screen then asked the carriage in general, "Does anyone have a phone charger? My battery's dying."
Amazingly, no-one was desperate enough to see more of Jaymee to offer her theirs.
It was our stop, reluctantly we made our excuses and left. As we stepped onto the platform Mrs Pip turned to me and asked, "Don't you just love Essex?"

You know what? I do.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 20 Aug 2017, 11:56 am

Welcome back Jimbo! Laugh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 20 Aug 2017, 12:04 pm

Jim you lunatic. Laugh clap
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 20 Aug 2017, 4:38 pm

Laugh

Observations of The Human Condition,
By Mr & Mrs J Pip

Wait, i feel the need to rustle something up here
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 20 Aug 2017, 4:50 pm

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 16 KoTjX7q

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 20 Aug 2017, 4:56 pm

clap

I do love this place sometimes!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 20 Aug 2017, 6:21 pm

Ryan Grant has been training with Edinburgh apparently due to our loosehead crisis - we've barely got 2 fit looseheads!

In other news Matt Scott and Murray mccallum called up to the Scotland squad.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 20 Aug 2017, 6:33 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Ryan Grant has been training with Edinburgh apparently due to our loosehead crisis - we've barely got 2 fit looseheads!

In other news Matt Scott and Murray mccallum called up to the Scotland squad.

Burleigh's potential Scotland career may end up being short lived, apparently he injured his shoulder in the warm up game. Hopefully nothing serious.

Murray McCallum looking more and more like he deserves it as well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 21 Aug 2017, 7:27 am

https://www.606v2.com/t66228-connacht-rugby-v-glasgow-warriors-2-september

If anyone else could do the thread for the East Coast Cannon Fodder then that would be much appreciated.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:41 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Highlights here

https://youtu.be/VQX3oZsO_Xc

George Horne looks a star in the making!

He, George Horne worked well with Adam Hastings who also looks full of confidence. They maybe tried to force it too much but fair enough in a pre-season match. Matt Fagerson just seems to get better and better. The new angel ? Really liked the 70 mins from Sam Johnson who thrived on the senior player role in midfield and Adam Ashe was powerful throughout and was there at the end for the length of field try. The highlights don't really do that jtry ustice as we had been pinned in our 22 for what seemed like 15 mins and then quick turnover to Robbie Nairn, he off loaded (and got injured in the process) and breakaway by Fagerson and Lee Jones (also looked very sharp). 85 m try very well finished.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:47 am

My mate Jamie, who is currently working in spain, sent me a text yesterday as he's worried that his girlfriend is chatting up other guys!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:19 am

Can you post a picture to help us identify him?

Actually as neither MrsPip or I looked we will have to stick it up (ooh er Mrs) on the Liverpool St - Saarfend line and see if anyone bites.

p.s. Schiz, thanks for the update. I am very impressed with Sam Johnson, I think Alex Dunbar needs to rediscover his A-game pdq.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:46 am

I tried to put a crude textual representation of a wang on here but the formatting failed miserably.

Besides, it would have killed radge's firewall!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:30 pm

jimbopip wrote:Can you post a picture to help us identify him?

Actually as neither MrsPip or I looked we will have to stick it up (ooh er Mrs) on the Liverpool St - Saarfend line and see if anyone bites.

p.s. Schiz, thanks for the update. I am very impressed with Sam Johnson, I think Alex Dunbar needs to rediscover his A-game pdq.

Jim, Big Eck Dunbar is twice Sam Johnson's size and can smash it up the middle and play it through the hands and is as comfy at 12 or 13. He, AD, is around for a while I think. Didn't see him on Saturday and along with Henry Pyrgos were the only 2 not floating about. Maybes they are on hols ? Had a wee chat with Big Bad Boab the Jinja Tackle Monster. His left foot is in a moon boot and he is due for a scan. Very unusual for him to be injured - I thought he was made of iron. Ruraidh Jackson also pleased to be back with us but the way young Hastings and Rory Hughes (only 20 mins but wow !) at FB both played Jacko will struggle to get game time. Still await Brandon Thompson's arrival from SA too - and he can play 10 or 15 also.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:46 pm

Schiz, you know I think Big Eck is potentially one of the best centres in the northern hemisphere; it's just that I don't believe he has been 100% fit for quite some time. Some of his comments at the end of the season had a, "thank god I got through that, now let's try to get fit for next season" feel to them.
Mind you Dunbar-Jones-Johnson-Grigg-Horne-Vernon-Kelly I think that's probably seven more quality centres than the Meggatland Muppets can muster. Rolling Eyes
As for Rozza Hughes; he obviously truanted "Playing It Safe" Guest Speaker, H Southwell esq in favour of reading, "Percentage Players Die Broke Too" as recommended by B Stortoni.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:47 pm

CraigS1874 wrote:The loose head was ok but don't think he'll get a look in once the regulars return, the boy harries looks athletic didn't do anything magical but worked hard and will do a job. There was a replacement 10 that came on, I didn't recognise him anyone got a clue who he was ? Had a kick charged down but stood flat and had good communication.

The best thing about Edinburgh games is that it's that quiet you can listen to all the calls and see who are the leaders

Think the 10 that came on was a young guy called Jason Baggot, an academy player, not sure what club team he has come from or if he has come up from England.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:49 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:The match report highlights Luke Crosbie as having made some big carries - no idea who he is!

Plays for Currie and was in the Scotland u20 team at the world cup this year. Was the starting 6 and tends to play there for Currie as well. Pretty big guy from what i remember, in the Jason White mould.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:49 pm

Majestic83 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:The match report highlights Luke Crosbie as having made some big carries - no idea who he is!

Plays for Currie and was in the Scotland u20 team at the world cup this year. Was the starting 6 and tends to play there for Currie as well. Pretty big guy from what i remember, in the Jason White mould.

Thanks - looking at the highlights he really did carry well, and that was up against some big AP forwards.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:58 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Majestic83 wrote:

Thanks - looking at the highlights he really did carry well, and that was up against some big AP forwards.

He did look pretty useful in the u20s world cup and was probably one of the unsung heros. Hopefully develops into a good pro player as Scotland have struggled to fill the blindside spot with a big physical player since Jason White retired.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 21 Aug 2017, 1:46 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Can you post a picture to help us identify him?

Jim, Big Eck Dunbar  is twice Sam Johnson's size and can smash it up the middle and play it through the hands and is as comfy at 12 or 13.    He, AD, is around for a while I think.   Didn't see him on Saturday and along with Henry Pyrgos were the only 2 not floating about.   Maybes they are on hols ?   Had a wee chat with Big Bad Boab the Jinja Tackle Monster.   His left foot is in a moon boot and he is due for a scan.   Very unusual for him to be injured - I thought he was made of iron.    Ruraidh Jackson also pleased to be back with us but the way young Hastings and Rory Hughes (only 20 mins but wow !) at FB both played Jacko will struggle to get game time.    Still await Brandon Thompson's arrival from SA too - and he can play 10 or 15 also.  

Aaah Jimbo, the mere mention of Bernie 'Just Pure Mental' Stortoni brings a tear to my eye - very much like the tears in the opposition's eyes when he clattered them.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:27 am

"Berni!"

"What?"

"That dude is coming right for you!"

"Don't worry. Iz going to tackle eem with my face"
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 22 Aug 2017, 1:50 pm

You can tell the rugby season is back as we're not talking about GoT!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 22 Aug 2017, 1:58 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:You can tell the rugby season is back as we're not talking about GoT!
What the difference between GoT (t!ts and dragons) and Edinburgh Rugby?

The dragons.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 22 Aug 2017, 2:40 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:You can tell the rugby season is back as we're not talking about GoT!
What the difference between GoT (t!ts and dragons) and Edinburgh Rugby?

The dragons.

Harsh, but true!

Did you see GoT yesterday though?

Fookin Wow!

The last couple of episodes have been head scratchers, making you think about plots, schemes, character interactions, etc.

Yesterday's was just "Fook me - thats gonna fookin hurt"
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:13 pm

Champions cup fixtures

http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/fixtures_champions_cup.php?includeref=21924&season=2017-2018&round=4

Glasgow

Exeter A
Leinster H
Montpellier H
Montpellier A

Challenge Cup

http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/fixtures_european_rugby_challenge_cup.php

Edinburgh

London Irish A
Krasny Yar A
London Irish H
Krasny Yar H

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:33 pm

Just seen the Champions Cup dates.
Away to Exeter
Home to Stern Vern's Men
Home to Ladyboys
Away to Ladyboys
Away to SternVern's Men
Home to Exeter.

If we can open with a win at Chiefs then it could pan out quite nicely for us. Ideally Montpellier lose to the Ladyboys and come to Scotstoun knowing a defeat would pretty much put them out of the running (I'm using Will Greenwood's "two defeats and you're out" maxim here). We beat Montpellier at home and Exeter lose to Leinster: then the double header in rounds three and four pretty much decides the group.

Of course, if we lose away in round one Montpellier can effectively kill us off in round two. Actually, if we want to go through we need to win all three home matches, with TBP's if possible, and pick up one away win with a couple of LBP's. I think Exeter looks the most likely place to get that away win.

Saturday 14th October, should be tense.

p.s. I realise I haven't said anything about the Diddy Cup, but it is a rugby forum after all. Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:37 pm

Jimbo you've got your fixtures mixed up so your (highly interesting) predictions are all up in the air - Glasgow have Leinster at home in round 2.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:48 pm

You know, you are right.
So, if we win away at Exeter then Ladyboys at home is winnable. Let's be honest we've done it in the Pro-12 and if we are serious about making the knockout stages that is the sort of game we should be targeting.
If Montpellier are 0-2 at that point I think we would be confident going into the home leg of the back to back. LBP's away in rounds four and five and then a home tie against Exeter with a place in the knockout stages up for grabs.
That's the dream scenario.
How do the Luvvies feel about Shrek and his mates coming up to mug them?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:52 pm

I'm just glad we only have to play feckin Munster twice this season !

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:59 pm

You're not one to hold a grudge are you mucker? laughing

I'm thinking a trip to Exeter in the autumn would be worth the journey.

Also...quelle surprise ...the final is in Dublin.Erm Let's make sure the Ladyboys aren't in it.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 22 Aug 2017, 4:07 pm

You know me I hate those feckers. As long as we don't get them in the final Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Tue 22 Aug 2017, 4:41 pm

Jaysis lads. Yiz have to play Munster twice and Leinster 3 times.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:01 pm

I don't know whether to be honoured or scared.

Post a post on Scottish rugby's video if the training squad getting together "Dave Denton's hair" with a wee pic of a girl with long flowing locks

Then a Facebook notification pops up "David Denton likes your post"
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 23 Aug 2017, 8:43 am

Ryan Wilson made captain of Glasgow Warriors for this season.

All in all a pretty good choice, will lead from the front and definitely has the respect of his team mates. It will also leave Johny Gray to concentrate on his game as he comes back from injury. There is also the small matter of his contract situation to sort out. I do wonder if we will be able to afford to keep him with us after this season?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 23 Aug 2017, 8:51 am

Can Glagsow afford Russell, Hogg, Seymour and Gray on very high salaries? Add to that the top Scotland players like Brown, Fagerson, Dunbar and the experienced pros like Swinson, Wilson, Pyrgos and Horne etc and the wage bill may need some trimming going forward.

I think it is fairly likely that Russell will leave this season and Hogg and Seymour have another season after that - I suspect it will be their last contracts at Glasgow.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next