The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

County Ins and outs

+28
NickisBHAFC
Aidan11
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
chrisss
hampo17
Shelsey93
HERSH
Gregers
skyeman
jbd349
Demon Racer
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Mike Selig
LondonTiger
ShankyCricket
hodge
Bathite
jimbohammers
LOVERBOY
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
ChrisfromStroud
JDizzle
Carrotdude
Mat
Fists of Fury
MuchHappierSurreyFan
liverbnz
32 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

County Ins and outs - Page 5 Empty County Ins and outs

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

First topic message reminder :

I have created this thread, in case of transfers between the different counties..If you hear of a deal being made, we can write it here, and see how activity there is between now and the start of the season Smile

Back to top Go down

County Ins and outs - Page 5 Empty Re: County Ins and outs

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm

very good for surrey, wish grayson had got in there first! mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:31 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Surrey have brought back Nannes for the T20. He did well last time....

Decent signing. Good T20 player though age has caught up with him a little in the last year or so as a fast bowler approaching his 36th birthday. Meanwhile, Usman Khawaja has re-signed with Derbyshire for the second half of next season - Martin Guptill will also return to the club for the first half of next season.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:45 am

Just taken this off the BBC, sorry if it's been posted already.

Lancashire.

Overseas player 2011: Farveez Maharoof (Sri Lanka); Junaid Khan (Pakistan)

Overseas player 2012: TBC

Ins: Jordan Clark (YTH)

Outs: Mark Chilton (RET), Steven Cheetham (REL)

Other news: Spinner Gary Keedy has agreed a new contract, despite being linked with Warwickshire, while coach Peter Moores has signed a contract extension.

Still no news on an overseas yet, hopefully we'll bring Khan back, was superb in the 20/20, his death bowling is world class. Good news about Keedy as well, how much playing time he'll get with Kerrigan always improving though I'm not sure.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 28 Jan 2012, 2:01 pm

Hi Hampo - I agree that retaining Gary Keedy is good news for you and Lancs. Canny and effective bowler.

Surrey had Steven Cheetham on loan in 2010 and, by several accounts, came close to signing him on a permanent deal. Useful seamer but probably not quite at the level to deliver consistently in the Championship. Certainly good enough to perform well in Minor Counties or one of the Northern leagues. Wish him well.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 5:24 pm

huge positive for lancs, that keedy signed extension..also IMO moving to warwickshire would be a step down anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat 28 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

We've got Ajmal coming back for the T20's subject to clearance.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 7:42 pm

that would be a very good signing for ya mat OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 07 Feb 2012, 10:12 pm

BBC website says:

"Chris Taylor, former captain, leaves Gloucestershire. Gloucestershire will not re-sign former skipper Chris Taylor because of a clause in his contract relating to the redevelopment of the County Ground. The club was last month denied planning permission for work at Nevil Road. "We agreed a conditional contract with Chris Taylor which was dependent on our ground development plan going ahead," said chief executive Tom Richardson."

It strikes me as very strange for a club to have a contract with a player that is conditional on planning permission. Maybe CF would have liked Essex to have a conditional contract with Tim Phillips that was dependent on getting planning permission for installation of new showers or a press box at Fortress Chelmsford. Erm Can anyone shed any light on this type of contract?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 10:20 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:BBC website says:

"Chris Taylor, former captain, leaves Gloucestershire. Gloucestershire will not re-sign former skipper Chris Taylor because of a clause in his contract relating to the redevelopment of the County Ground. The club was last month denied planning permission for work at Nevil Road. "We agreed a conditional contract with Chris Taylor which was dependent on our ground development plan going ahead," said chief executive Tom Richardson."

It strikes me as very strange for a club to have a contract with a player that is conditional on planning permission. Maybe CF would have liked Essex to have a conditional contract with Tim Phillips that was dependent on getting planning permission for installation of new showers or a press box at Fortress Chelmsford. Erm Can anyone shed any light on this type of contract?

Gloucestershire are in something of a financial crisis and it is rumored they may even have to leave their current ground at Bristol, so a pretty unique, yet slightly unfair situation for the players concerned. Looks like Lewis out plus no new contracts for Taylor, Banerjee, Hamish Marshall and Kevin O'Brien, with only Dan Housego coming in.

All of those players would be good signings for a number of Division Two sides.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 07 Feb 2012, 10:36 pm

Evening Corporal - certainly can't shed any natural light but I'll hazard a guess by torchlight.

Heard about this contract a few months ago - have a vague memory that another player was in the same boat. Anyway, thought it 'odd, bl**dy odd' (remember Fred Emney? Wink ) at the time.

My charitable guess is that Gloucs CCC were working on the basis that they would only be able to afford Taylor's contract being renewed if they could have their ground redeveloped to generate the necessary finances. A more cynical view might be that they were effectively trying to blackmail the Local Planning Department to grant approval by threatening the release of an experienced player with resultant 'bad press' for the Council if they didn't.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:31 pm

someone on my course, their brother plays for Gloucestershire 2nds, apparantly he was told last season he may be elevated to some first team games next season (will be this season) not bad for someone who i think will be 17/18 at the time

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Feb 2012, 3:26 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:BBC website says:

#

CF would very much like that :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

this will please sainty surely..

Lecistershire have signed Ramnarwesh Sarwan for the whole season..

he has had a falling out with the WICB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Fri 10 Feb 2012, 6:42 pm

Brilliant signing for them.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

essex have signed alviro Peterson

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:04 pm

Delighted about Sarwan, needed a player like him desperately!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

saint what is happening with Tom new? has he been released?

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:36 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:saint what is happening with Tom new? has he been released?

He has been released....

New, 26, lost his place in the Leicestershire side towards the end of last season, and County subsequently handed contracts to promising glovemen Ned Eckersley and Paul Dixey at the end of the summer.

It is evident that the club believe New, who made his first-class debut in 2004, has not 'kicked on' as they had hoped.

At the same time, both Eckersley and Dixey have emerged to give Leicestershire other options behind the stumps looking ahead to the 2012 campaign.

With Paul Nixon having retired, too, Eckersley appears to have the qualities to flourish in Twenty20 cricket – New having played just once for the Foxes in that format.

New, right, certainly was not at his best last season, and was not helped by the freak toe injury he suffered at the end of April which ruled him out for more than a month.

In 10 first-class games during 2011, he hit 412 runs at an average of 21.6 – his career average stands at over 30.

"I'm disappointed because I have been at the club for eight-and-a-half years," said New, who made two first-class centuries in his time at Grace Road and received his County cap in 2009.

"I saw myself finishing my career there. That was the ultimate plan, but things have not worked out that way. The club has decided to take this decision and they are entitled to do that.

"I'd like to thank them for what they have done for me in my time at the club."

However, New, who figured in 95 first-class games for County, is not yet ready to draw a line under his playing days.

"This is just a new chapter in my career," he said.

"It is something I have to move on with, find somewhere else and make a career out of it."

New, who played for England at under-15 and under-19 level, has enjoyed a break from the game since the end of the season but is now looking to get back involved with cricket.

"There are a few options out there for me," he said. "It certainly isn't the end of me as a player.

"I'm 26 and still looking to have another 10 years in the game."

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:01 am

cheers corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:52 pm

Dernbach, Meaker and Hamilton-Brown have signed a further year's extension to keep them at the Oval until end 2014. thumbsup

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

Lancs have signed Naqaash Tahir.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 25 Mar 2012, 9:43 pm

Kent are likely to sign the talented but injury prone seamer, Mark Davies, from Durham.

Mangling his metaphors the new Kent coach, Jimmy Adams, commented (according to the BBC): "He's a banker. "He's been around the mill long enough to know what he's doing."

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:18 pm

'Slinga' Malinga all set to sign up for 'The Middle's 20/20 season!

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 28 May 2012, 4:08 pm

No Malinga for Middlesex in the T20 - he has cited burnout. Shame.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:15 pm

Somseret have signed Abdur Rehman, for the rest of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:20 pm

big rumours as well today that Michael Di Venuto has announced immediate retirement from all cricket..

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:28 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:No Malinga for Middlesex in the T20 - he has cited burnout. Shame.

Shame that players are allowed to do this in my opinion. If you've signed a contract you should honour it, and shouldn't be allowed to just pull out if they want to. If you think theres a chance you won't be able to play, don't sign the contract. he has left Middlesex in a right dump if they want to find a new player.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

hodge wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:No Malinga for Middlesex in the T20 - he has cited burnout. Shame.

Shame that players are allowed to do this in my opinion. If you've signed a contract you should honour it, and shouldn't be allowed to just pull out if they want to. If you think theres a chance you won't be able to play, don't sign the contract. he has left Middlesex in a right dump if they want to find a new player.

The problem is that, particularly for the Asian teams, international series seem to pop up at a moment's notice these days. That makes signing overseas players more difficult than ever.

Rehman is a solid signing - Dockrell will be away for the U19 World Cup for much of August so a reliable spinner could be important.

CF, I can't find any reference to Di Venuto retiring on Twitter or Cricinfo... if you are right you might just have an exclusive!!

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

Shelsey- the rumours are coming out of durham and were floating around the ground apparnetly..

[b]if this is true credit would go to a poster on CMS as i found it out on there....apolgies for naming another site, but that is where the rumour has come from, and apparnelty it was all round the grounds etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:26 pm

Phil Mustard has resigned as Durham captain... to be replaced for the second half of the Championship by Paul Collingwood. A sensible move - I never thought the Colonel looked quite the inspirational type. Colly is an experienced skipper and might be able to galvinise the side into staying up.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:A sensible move - I never thought the Colonel looked quite the inspirational type.
Clearly no hope then for the mere Corporals among us then.... Sad

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 2:58 pm

David Capel has been sacked as Northants coach... rather like the Mustard news this can't come as a huge surprise - though Northants have been satisfactory in Championship cricket, their T20 and CB40 efforts over the last couple of years can be described as nothing short of woeful.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

Harbajhan Singh has signed for Essex for remainder of county anc CB40 season.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:14 pm

Steve Harmison has joined Yorkshire on loan from Durham.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 09 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

Confirmation that Michael di Venuto has retired. He reportedly wanted to stay with Durham until the end of the season and try to get into the CB40 team, but Durham refused. I sense a bit of a clear-out at Durham who have been accused of being an ageing side of late. Harmison gone out on loan and now no di Venuto either.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

Josh Cobb is Leicestershire's new one-day captain, replacing Matthew Hoggard who will focus on the Championship.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

An update on released players as the season comes to an end:

Derbyshire: Garry Park, Matt Lineker

Essex: Billy Godleman, Michael Comber

Glamorgan: Robert Croft will announce his retirement tomorrow; James Harris will leave, probably to Notts

Kent: Simon Cook

Lancashire: Naqaash Tahir

Leicestershire: Will Jefferson, Paul Dixey (both retiring)

Middlesex: Scott Newman

Northants: Rob White, Ben Howgego

Notts: Darren Pattinson (has relinquished English passport, but could yet return as an overseas)

Sussex: Andrew Hodd, Murray Goodwin

Worcestershire: Vikram Solanki (Surrey), Jack Manuel, Ben Scott (don't know why, but read he is... strange as he's one of their better players)

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:56 pm

Warwickshire are looking to re-sign Jeetan Patel for the 2013 season.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:33 pm

billy godleman is offski Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:37 pm

One that I missed off earlier... James Cameron (Worcs) is retiring to take up a career in the city

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:07 pm

JAMES HARRIS set to sign for MIDDLESEX on a two year deal,great aquisition and look out for atop flight batter signing soon,perhaps one that's been there before even!!!!

Last edited by LOVERBOY on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:29 pm

Fantastic if he is joining Middlesex. Roland-Jones, Brooks and Murtagh will be a fine seam attack, with Finn added in when available.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:39 pm

Wracking my brain for who the batsman might be. Surely we can't have re-signed Compton?

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:Wracking my brain for who the batsman might be. Surely we can't have re-signed Compton?
I thought he had died ages ago.... Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:58 pm

The rumour going round chelmsford on thurday was that James Harris is signing for Yorkshire.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Sat 15 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

Compton has ayear left at Somerset and is going nowhere,but the word is another ex-Middlesex batter is wanting away from his current county and a return to London,and Surrey have expressed no interest,too young presumably.Watch this space. Whistle

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 15 Sep 2012, 2:35 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:Compton has ayear left at Somerset and is going nowhere,but the word is another ex-Middlesex batter is wanting away from his current county and a return to London,and Surrey have expressed no interest,too young presumably.Watch this space. Whistle

Can't be Ed Joyce - he's just been made Sussex captain. Can't think of anyone else that's any good that's left us!

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Sat 15 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

I wouldn't be so sure Shelsey : censored

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

Apparently Compton has been offered the captaincy of surrey..

also James Harris will be going to notts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 15 Sep 2012, 11:14 pm

CF wrote:Apparently Compton has been offered the captaincy of surrey.
CF - Compton was also quoted as saying that he didn't want to leave Somerset. So that plan is off - unless he is simply playing hard to get....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next