The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

County Ins and outs

+28
NickisBHAFC
Aidan11
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
chrisss
hampo17
Shelsey93
HERSH
Gregers
skyeman
jbd349
Demon Racer
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Mike Selig
LondonTiger
ShankyCricket
hodge
Bathite
jimbohammers
LOVERBOY
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
ChrisfromStroud
JDizzle
Carrotdude
Mat
Fists of Fury
MuchHappierSurreyFan
liverbnz
32 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

County Ins and outs - Page 6 Empty County Ins and outs

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

First topic message reminder :

I have created this thread, in case of transfers between the different counties..If you hear of a deal being made, we can write it here, and see how activity there is between now and the start of the season Smile

Back to top Go down

County Ins and outs - Page 6 Empty Re: County Ins and outs

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 15 Sep 2012, 11:19 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:Compton has ayear left at Somerset and is going nowhere,but the word is another ex-Middlesex batter is wanting away from his current county and a return to London,and Surrey have expressed no interest,too young presumably.Watch this space. Whistle

Scott Newman? Laugh Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Sun 16 Sep 2012, 3:19 pm

Everyone has been offered the Surrey captaincy,including Graeme Smith,Chris Rodgers,Nick Compton and they've all turned it down,don't be surprised if Solanki get's saddled with it in the end,even at 175 grand a year who needs all that hassle????

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

apparently Yorkshire have now jumped in with an offer for James Harris as well.. County Ins and outs - Page 6 1347041234

presumeably that means Shahzad will make his loan deal at lancs permanent?....

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sun 16 Sep 2012, 7:34 pm

Shahzad will almost certainly sign on permanently for Lancs (even if he doesn't he won't be going back to Yorks).

I think Surrey should stick with Batty next year - he seems a decent stabilising character and contributed well to the team in the final weeks of the season. With the club in better health there could then be better opportunities to go after a big-name signing then.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

The future of Ian Blackwel is an intresting one as well.

clearly not in durham's plans anymore, but didnt set the world alight at warks either...at 34 years old he dosent have a lot of time left in the game, he may have to drop to div2...

and essex Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sun 16 Sep 2012, 7:52 pm

Agree that Warwicks probably shouldn't keep Blackwell... he did what they needed him to do but he's not one for the future and doesn't really fit into the team they are trying to build in my view.

I expect Patel to return, although its possible that he'll tour England with NZ. They should be well covered though - they can either play all seamers on early season wickets, and Chris Metters (who did well for them last year) should be back from injury. They also have Paul Best.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:17 pm

Rory H-B likely to sign for Somerset any day now,whilst Middlesex set to release Davey and Scollay,amd Adam London possibly deciding his fututre lies elsewhere too.
Chris Jordan will end up at Essex or Sussex.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:57 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:Rory H-B likely to sign for Somerset any day now,whilst Middlesex set to release Davey and Scollay,amd Adam London possibly deciding his fututre lies elsewhere too.

i hope he dosent end up at essex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 17 Sep 2012, 6:06 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:An update on released players as the season comes to an end:

Derbyshire: Garry Park, Matt Lineker

Essex: Billy Godleman, Michael Comber

Glamorgan: Robert Croft will announce his retirement tomorrow; James Harris will leave, probably to Notts

Kent: Simon Cook

Lancashire: Naqaash Tahir

Leicestershire: Will Jefferson, Paul Dixey (both retiring)

Middlesex: Scott Newman

Northants: Rob White, Ben Howgego

Notts: Darren Pattinson (has relinquished English passport, but could yet return as an overseas)

Sussex: Andrew Hodd, Murray Goodwin

Worcestershire: Vikram Solanki (Surrey), Jack Manuel, Ben Scott (don't know why, but read he is... strange as he's one of their better players)

Found out about Scott, apparently it was because he didn't score enough runs. Quite what makes him any different from our other batsman I don't know.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:10 pm

he has never scored enough runs ever! but his keeping is class.

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

After being omitted from Worcestershire's championship side Ben Scott had a blazing row with coach ''Bumpy' Rhodes in the dressing room in which some irreconsilable thing were said and hence it was decided not to retain him.
It's not the first time Ben's volatile temprament has gotten himself into trouble and he needs to learn to curb his behaviour if he is to have a future in the game, mad

Last edited by LOVERBOY on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

rumours that Oliver Hannon-Dalby may be going to essex Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 18 Sep 2012, 2:28 pm

CF wrote:rumours that Oliver Hannon-Dalby may be going to essex Sad

Was hoping someone would pick him up actually. Made a good start a year or so back and looked like being the next big thing, but has faded badly.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 4:18 pm

i dont want him at essex lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:39 pm

I was surprised on checking his figures to see how much he had faded.... It would be a pity if he just disappeared from the scene without another opportunity, though there have been many pace bowlers playing for many different counties who failed to live up to early promise....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 18 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:

I keep hearing that River Jordan is likely to end up at Sussex - I'm puzzled why they're apparently so interested! At least Jordan has some form against Essex having scored a couple of half-centuries and taken some wickets at Fortress Chelmsford in 2011.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 18 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm

guildfordbat wrote: I keep hearing that River Jordan is likely to end up at Sussex

If you take that thought out of context it brings to mind a radical redrawing of our maps..... Laugh Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 18 Sep 2012, 11:12 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
guildfordbat wrote: I keep hearing that River Jordan is likely to end up at Sussex

If you take that thought out of context it brings to mind a radical redrawing of our maps..... Laugh Laugh
laughing

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 19 Sep 2012, 6:49 am

guildfordbat wrote:

laughing

she already lives in Brighton, so it makes sense. Quite what skills a big boobed, orange skinned former "model" brings to the cticket pitch I am not sure, but I am told she is fond of the odd googly or two.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Sep 2012, 5:57 pm

Saj Mahmood has been released by Lancashire.

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Wed 19 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

Mahmood is a prime target for Northamtonshire,depleted by the loss of Vass and Brooks.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 19 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

One of cricket's good guys Stewart Walters has just signed on for another two years with Glamorgan.

Pleased for him as I know Liam will be. thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 19 Sep 2012, 9:13 pm

Mahmood has gone nowhere of late and deserves to be released. Will definitely get picked up, and I'd imagine probably by somebody better than Northants.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2012, 6:31 pm

any word on the future of steve davies?

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 21 Sep 2012, 6:45 pm

CF wrote:any word on the future of steve davies?

Davies has signed a contract extension with Surrey for (I think) 3 years.

However, I don't believe things are quite as rosey as that suggests. He's rumoured to be on less money than before and still said to be very upset over Tom Maynard's death.

Maybe a case of watch this space ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Sat 22 Sep 2012, 3:50 pm

Quite right GB,the poor bloke remains distraught about Tom's death ,so much so he undergoing counselling for depression and was unfit to play at the end of the season.
We wish him if not a speedy recovery,hope that time will heal the loss and he ''ll regain his best form in the future,

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisss Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:32 am

James Harris has signed for Middlesex:

https://twitter.com/James_Harris9/status/250168591155093505

chrisss

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

chrisss wrote:James Harris has signed for Middlesex:

https://twitter.com/James_Harris9/status/250168591155093505

Wow. Great signing for Middlesex. If they can get a decent spinner in, or their young lad whose name escapes me, can bowl well they have a dangerous bowling attack and Rogers adds grit to the batting line up. They'll compete for the CC next year.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

Re: County Ins and outs
by LOVERBOY on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:07 pm

.JAMES HARRIS set to sign for MIDDLESEX on a two year deal,great aquisition and look out for atop flight batter signing soon,perhaps one that's been there before even!!!!.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't expect an announcement yet on the batter.He remains undecided as to his future at present.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:47 pm

Tom Scollay has been released by middlesex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:01 pm

Wow, that's a very good signing.

With Roland-Jones, Murtagh and now Harris that's a very good county seam attack. I think we should back Patel in the spin stakes (was that who you were thinking of JD?) for the next season at least rather than bringing in someone new: he showed quite a bit promise towards the back end of the season, and looks like quite a good thinking cricketer; showing some faith in him could see his confidence go higher.

The batting should be ok, but has had a tendancy to collapse. Rogers has helped, and the word is the younger guys like Robson, Denly and Malan have learnt a lot. I just hope they're ready to start scoring consistently.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

That's the bloke Mike. He seemed to come on a lot towards the end of last year, and with the seam attack you guys now have (especially if you see any of Finn) then I think you can afford to bring and stick with a young spinner.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm

Ravi Patel certainly showed plenty of promise last season,but don't forget Tom Smith and Ollie Rayner,as well as part -time spinners Robson,Denly and Stirling.With all these on board they are not looking to recruit further in that department.
Steven Crook who 's done well at Middlesex may be considering a move back to Northants,and the offer of a three-year deal,may persuade 'The Middle' to release him,considering the aquisition of Harris.Ex-Northants bowler Jack Brooks is in advanced talks with a view to signing for Yorkshire.
Scollay sadly was competing with too many others for a first-team place,but is likely to get an opportunity elsewhere.
Another ex-Middlesex player Robbie Williams could well be offered a deal at Leicestershire.

Last edited by LOVERBOY on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:03 pm

Form a Middlesex viewpoint, I would have been more excited about the signing of Harris a year ago than now. He missed a lot of matches through injury in 2012 and never seemed to really get going.

That said, he'll certainly still benefit Middlesex - I'm just not sure how much. He'll definitely be an improvement on the rather erratic Crook.

I saw Patel at a seconds game at Guildford in June. He seemed a serious young cricketer listening intently to his coaches before play. The rain came and Mrs Bat called before I saw him put plans into operation although I think he ended up with 2 or 3 wickets.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 8:36 pm

Glad to see a few of the makeweights being released at Middx.

My club teammate (well, we play for the same club, not the same team!) Charlie Thurston, Middlesex Academy's player of the year in 2011, is now in the U17 age-group and I'd expect him to have a better chance of getting some 2nd XI games now that the likes of Scollay, London, Williams and co are gone. Charlie is an opening batsman for us and has always been a star from a young age, although he only started showing that at senior level in the last couple of games of this season when he scored 75 out of a total of 149 on a tough, wet pitch in an innings the oppo captain described as one of the best innings he'd ever seen and then smashed 133 off 120 balls the following week.

Back on the immediate future Harris is a good signing, though to be honest I'd rather we got Brooks (it looks like he'll now go to Yorks or Notts).

Unlike Mike I think we should sign a spinner. Rayner is a decent spinner for non-turning pitches and offers good contributions with the bat too, but I wouldn't like to think we'd be relying on Patel/ Rayner on turning pitches. Perhaps the problem is that we already have a good overseas and I can't think of any good, available spinners floating around.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

One spinner Middlesex won't be able to poach (no doubt they will be heartbroken Very Happy) is Gareth Batty who has signed further two year deal for Surrey. As seen in the recent close match Surrey v Middlesex, Batty has shown a bit form where pitches have been helpful to spinners.

If Harris is fit then Middlesex could have a seriously good pace attack next season....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm

Batty has done really well with this Surrey team.

However I would prefer Patel to him in this middlesex side. No disrespect intended, and I concede that right now Batty is the better bowler, but Middlesex have tried decent county pros is the past, and it's proved to be just a stop-gap solution. Long term we should be aiming to build a championship winning side, and investing in our youth is far more likely to bear fruits.

Whilst Patel still needs a lot of work, he could become a more than useful bowler in time. He showed enough promise last season to warrant a full season as Middlesex's prime spinner for me.

If Middlesex were to sign a spinner it should have been as an overseas, to help with the development of our youngsters, as Rogers has done so effectively. But of course Rogers stays on, so that's not longer an option. I don't see the value in picking up a decent county performer. Spin has been a problem arguably since Tuffnell retired and putting that right has to happen through the development program surely.

Rayner is a useful player, but realistically his bowling is as good as it's going to get.

Smith has been somewhat ruined by the shorter formats.

Harris had a disappointing season, but not long ago everyone was convinced he'd play for England some day. Hopefully the move will provide a needed boost.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:53 pm

Unlike Mike I think we should sign a spinner. Rayner is a decent spinner for non-turning pitches and offers good contributions with the bat too, but I wouldn't like to think we'd be relying on Patel/ Rayner on turning pitches. Perhaps the problem is that we already have a good overseas and I can't think of any good, available spinners floating around.
Shelsey93
V2 Journal

Well there you go ,all counties would like to have a Warne or a
Murali,but there are none of that ilk around,so you need to make the best of what you have,and as for turning wickets didn,t see many of those around recently.No Rayner's not the greatest,Smith's forte is probably the one day game and Patel is young and inexpereienced,but all the same we'll just stick with them for now.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:07 pm

Richard Johnson, Warwickshire's reserve 'keeper, has joined Derbyshire.

He did well with the bat when briefly on loan at Derbys, and its believed he's likely to play as a specialist batsman in the same team as Tom Poynton.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisss Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:45 pm

According to cricinfo, Niall O'Brien is in talks to join Leicestershire.

chrisss

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:16 am

Stories circulating that Hamilton-Brown is to join Sussex from Surrey for a second time.

An announcement from Sussex in the morning? .....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 28 Sep 2012, 8:11 am

And Surrey are rumoured to be chasing Smith
http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/584201.html
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:54 am

The Smith story is an interesting one. Personally I can't see it - he's only 32 and I think he'd be keen to play on (perhaps not as captain) at least up to the next World Cup.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:09 pm

Graeme smith has rejected the offer, saying he is fully commited to south africa....

Hamilton brown is going back to sussex, and rumours that Plunkett is going to yorkshire.

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Fri 28 Sep 2012, 3:08 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:.Ex-Northants bowler Jack Brooks is in advanced talks with a view to signing for Yorkshire.

Another ex-Middlesex player Robbie Williams could well be offered a deal at Leicestershire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both those deals now completed,Somerset pulled out of The Hamilton-Brown signing,when they became aware of the relevations contained in The upcoming Coroner's report on Tom Maynard.
Let's hope he gets his career back on track at Hove.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Fri 28 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:Everyone has been offered the Surrey captaincy,including Graeme Smith,Chris Rodgers,Nick Compton and they've all turned it down,don't be surprised if Solanki get's saddled with it in the end,even at 175 grand a year who needs all that hassle????
----------------------------------------------------------

The Smith story was buried long ago,even after Surry had upped their offer to almost £200,000 a year.
His Test and IPL commitments always made it a non-starter.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 29 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:
Both those deals now completed,Somerset pulled out of The Hamilton-Brown signing,when they became aware of the relevations contained in The upcoming Coroner's report on Tom Maynard.

While I am hardly expecting the coroner's report to present a rosy picture of discipline / culture (if it goes into that) I haven't seen any information or reports about the inquest, or even whether it is actually happening / happened as was planned for 24 September. Has anyone got definite information as to whether is currently in progress, has been postponed again, or has finished but is waiting for a report to be issued...?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 30 Sep 2012, 6:27 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:

While I am hardly expecting the coroner's report to present a rosy picture of discipline / culture (if it goes into that) I haven't seen any information or reports about the inquest, or even whether it is actually happening / happened as was planned for 24 September. Has anyone got definite information as to whether is currently in progress, has been postponed again, or has finished but is waiting for a report to be issued...?

Evening Corporal - apologies for being absent on parade yesterday. Been up to Durham and back for the next stage of family education. Looked out for but didn't spot the Burger van (aka young Surrey left arm spinner Freddie van den Bergh) ! Wink

Leading local journalist Richard Spiller told me last week that when the inquest resumes, he expects the coroner to firstly consider reports from the Met Police and British Transport Police. However, he didn't know if that was happening yet.

Sorry I can't add anything further at this stage. I'll see if I can find out anything more this week.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 30 Sep 2012, 6:37 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

Evening Corporal - apologies for being absent on parade yesterday. Been up to Durham and back for the next stage of family education. Looked out for but didn't spot the Burger van (aka young Surrey left arm spinner Freddie van den Bergh) ! Wink

Durham - a fine City indeed. Dare I say it the architecture of the cathedral/castle combo surpasses even the fine setting of Guildford cathedral Very Happy I will also shortly be visiting for Private Humblebucket to resume studies there. Always worth taking the opportunity to go up into the Pennines in upper Teesdale or Weardale to get away from it all... Quick plug ended!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan11 Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:51 am

Liam Plunkett signs on at Yorkshire for 3 years.

Aidan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next