The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week

+8
azania
BALTIMORA
88Chris05
Scottrf
coxy0001
Imperial Ghosty
HumanWindmill
D4thincarnation
12 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week - Page 3 Empty Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

My favourite fly on the wall boxing show is back this week showcasing the Pacquiao vs Mosley fight.

Below are thepremiere dates and times for FIGHT CAMP360°: Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Episode1 CBS Saturday, April 2 Noon ET/9a.m. PT
Episode1 SHO Saturday, April 16 10p.m.ET/PT
Episode2 SHO Saturday, April 23 10 p.m. ET/PT
Episode3 CBS Saturday, April 30 8 p.m. ET/PT
Episode3 SHO Saturday, April 30 10 p.m. ET/PT
Episode4 SHO Friday, May 6 10p.m.ET/PT
Episode 4 CBS Saturday, May7 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m.PT

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-fight-camp-360-crew-following-pacquiao-mosley--37548

Should give us some of the mindset of each boxer.

In one of the pics Mosley is studying the Pacquiao vs Marquez II tape, is this a mistake from Shane?

Who will be watching and do you think it could shed anymore light on the outcome of the fight or is it just an entertainment show?.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week - Page 3 Empty Re: Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:22 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Ali also spoke an Klu Klux Klan rallies because they shared a common ideology, maybe that him just being influential though.

They most certainly DID NOT.

The only ideology they shared was one of segregation, but in Ali's case his ideal was segregation based on EQUALITY. You are quick to remind others of the potential libellous nature of accusations concerning Manny, so please don't venture into the same territory with Ali.

Context is everything, as you well know.

Thats the one I was on about

Then, perhaps in the name of decency you would apply context.

This thread has been light hearted and good natured. You have indulged our mickey taking and we have indulged your button pushing. Let's not spoil everything by making Manny's popularity a stick with which to beat a man who, however misguided and immature, sincerely wanted change for the better in a segregated and racist society.

Let's PLEASE get back to the fun.

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week - Page 3 Empty Re: Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

Scottrf wrote:D4 did you hear Donaire's GB switch was denied and he's staying with TR?

I thought it would be, Arum came out straight away saying this.

Do you know how many more fights he has with TR or if GBP will buy out the contract.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:26 pm

Lets be honest here Pacquiao's influence stretches as far as the borders of the Philippines and that's it, as I said show the average joe who knows nothing about boxing a picture of him and they wont know who it is.

In relative terms compare to Ali and Tyson he's a nobody, there's a reason Ali was on the cover of sports illustrated so many times, everyone wanted to know about him.

You've said some stupid things in your time but even suggesting that Pacquiao is anywhere near Ali trumps them all.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:27 pm

Nope, no idea. I guess Arum is pretty versed in contract law.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:30 pm

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1935091,00.html

A good article in Time, and there links to an article with Ali in the related section.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

Scottrf wrote:Nope, no idea. I guess Arum is pretty versed in contract law.

Well he was city lawyer.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:34 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Well he was city lawyer.
With your (alleged) accent that sounds like an insult.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:36 pm

Scottrf wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Well he was city lawyer.
With your (alleged) accent that sounds like an insult.

Tex Cobb thought so :

“Don King is like everybody else in boxing. He’s a liar, a thief, a murderer and a racketeer. And a con man. But there ain’t anybody as bad as Bob Arum. That New York City Jew lawyer will make you hate city folks, Jews, and lawyers in the same day.”

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:37 pm

No article is going to change the point I made, no average joe will have a clue who he is

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:38 pm

Fight Camp 360 is being show on CBS which can reach 126 million homes in America. This is much more than HBO which can only do 26 million. So this move to Showtime will no doubt Pacquiao's fame popularity and influence even more.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:42 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:No article is going to change the point I made, no average joe will have a clue who he is

A lot of people where I work know who Pacquiao is, but I have mention him a few times.

It quite funny, some people do that Floyd stance when they see me and shoulder roll, from the impression Manny did of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2JbDRWh2nE

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:45 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:No article is going to change the point I made, no average joe will have a clue who he is

A lot of people where I work know who Pacquiao is, but I have mention him a few times.

It quite funny, some people do that Floyd stance when they see me and shoulder roll, from the impression Manny did of him.

Maybe if Mosley knocks him out they'll do that impression when they see you. Tread carefully.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:47 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Maybe if Mosley knocks him out they'll do that impression when they see you. Tread carefully.

Good point Windy, might have do some Floyding then Whistle

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:49 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

You'll manage it, mate.

Slippery customer you are when somebody is trying to land cleanly on you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:49 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:A lot of people where I work know who Pacquiao is, but I have mention him a few times.
Only after a lot of prompting I bet.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:50 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

You'll manage it, mate.

I was thinking along the lines of taking a vacation or retiring.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:51 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

You'll manage it, mate.

I was thinking along the lines of taking a vacation or retiring.

You did that before.

You know what they say - they always come back.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:51 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:I was thinking along the lines of taking a vacation or retiring.
Just don't go to jail to avoid them!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:52 pm

Spot on. I work in a school, and the only kids who know Pacquiao are a few Filipino kids, maybe one or two others. By contrast a good many more know Mayweather, Khan, Haye...even Ali is more recognised, despite his career being over for three decades.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:52 pm

Scottrf wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:I was thinking along the lines of taking a vacation or retiring.
Just don't go to jail to avoid them!
laughing

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:53 pm

So let me get this straight your using the example of people you know and have been told about Pacquiao by you to prove he's well known?

Must be fun sitting next to you on a bus constantly banging on/out over Pacquiao

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:55 pm

The Time Magazine list was a PUBLIC POLL that was taken advantage of by you lot of nuthuggers! Because if you looked at the names below him then you would've seen what a total disgrace it was

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:57 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:So let me get this straight your using the example of people you know and have been told about Pacquiao by you to prove he's well known?

Must be fun sitting next to you on a bus constantly banging on/out over Pacquiao

A lot of the people at my gym know Pacquiao too.

Come to think of it most people I do know, know who Pacquiao and some of them are not even boxing fans.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:58 pm

coxy0001 wrote:The Time Magazine list was a PUBLIC POLL that was taken advantage of by you lot of nuthuggers! Because if you looked at the names below him then you would've seen what a total disgrace it was

The public have spoken coxy, or don't you believe in democracy?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:59 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:So let me get this straight your using the example of people you know and have been told about Pacquiao by you to prove he's well known?

A lot of the people at my gym know Pacquiao too.

Come to think of it most people I do know, know who Pacquiao and some of them are not even boxing fans.

For 'people I know' read 'my carers and psychiatrist'.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:05 pm

I know a lot of people who know some really obscure bands but doesn't mean they are well known to the general public does it.

Are you still trying to say that Pacquiao is more iconic and well know than Ali?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:06 pm

You must've missed the point where the Manila/pacland/every Pinoy forum was being clogged up with "Vote Manny" "Vote Manny"

Because i can guarantee you that he's not even in the top 5 most recognised sportsmen in the world. Contrary to what you'd like to believe

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:32 pm

coxy0001 wrote:The Time Magazine list was a PUBLIC POLL that was taken advantage of by you lot of nuthuggers! Because if you looked at the names below him then you would've seen what a total disgrace it was

Can't have been much of a public poll cos I don't recall being asked. Mind you, maybe I was giving my opinion as to just exactly how shot I think Shane Mosley is at the time

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Can't have been much of a public poll cos I don't recall being asked. Mind you, maybe I was giving my opinion as to just exactly how shot I think Shane Mosley is at the time

I was on the school run to pick up my Grandkids.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:39 pm

I was hiding from a man with a needle.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:41 pm

I was actually in Congress.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

My next door neighbour was with another man's wife.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:48 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:My next door neighbour was with another man's wife.

I bet he told his own wife that he was hospitalized with a stomach ulcer, the world's biggest killer.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:51 pm

I was buying Beard Softener and feeding people really REEAAALLLLYYYY tiny fish fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:53 pm

I was sat indoors quietly cuddled up on the sofa with my mysterious online boyfriend

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:56 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Pacquiao is known in boxing and the philippines that is it D4, his influence on the world is inconsequential compard to that of Ali or even Tyson.

Show the average joe a picture of Pacquiao and they wont even know who it is

The world is more than America and Britain you know. And Pacquiao influence stretches much further than the Philippines.

It is a hard thing to judge influence, it can change over time and depending where you are. But the Time Magazine list was probably reasonably accurate.

Ali retired 30 years ago. Show anyone a picture of Ali today and a picture of Pac and guess who most would recognise first?

All over Africa, Ali is known. Outside of the Philipinnes and boxing fans in USA, no one knows who pac is. People shed a tear when Ali lit the flames at the olympics in Atlanta. He was once the most famous man in the world. To compare the two in terms of popularity and global influence is not only laughable but insulting to millions of Africans and African Americans and borderline racist.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:57 pm

A chap I know was mercilessly beating up three OAPs, one after the other.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:57 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:I was sat indoors quietly cuddled up on the sofa with my mysterious online boyfriend
ME TOO Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:A chap I know was mercilessly beating up three OAPs, one after the other.

Three OAPs is nothing; I know a chap who beat up 10-1-1 of them!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:I was sat indoors quietly cuddled up on the sofa with my mysterious online boyfriend
ME TOO Hug

Small world.

Hope you chaps will be very happy.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:03 pm

Thanks windy we're both very happy although he's a bit stalkerish but he tickles my beard just how I like it, he taught me to make love not war.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:09 pm

I think is shocking the lack of respect some of you guys give to a great boxer like Pacquiao.

Imagine if Pacquiao would stumble across this site or anyone connected with boxing the comments do nothing but lower the standard of what is otherwise a very knowledgeable boxing forum.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:10 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:I think is shocking the lack of respect some of you guys give to a great boxer like Pacquiao.

Imagine if Pacquiao would stumble across this site or anyone connected with boxing the comments do nothing but lower the standard of what is otherwise a very knowledgeable boxing forum.

Guess that would apply to Floyd, also.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:11 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Thanks windy we're both very happy although he's a bit stalkerish but he tickles my beard just how I like it, he taught me to make love not war.

Pleased for you, Ghosty.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:12 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:I think is shocking the lack of respect some of you guys give to a great boxer like Pacquiao.

No that standard of discussion is right up Floyd's street

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:13 pm

Don't use double standards then mate and we wouldn't have to resort to this rather humerous discussion

BTW who is this Pacquiao we're talking about, never heard of the guy

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:13 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

I think is shocking the lack of respect you give to a great boxer like Mayweather.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:16 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

I think is shocking the lack of respect you give to a great boxer like Mayweather.

I think it is shocking the lack of respect Mayweather show the rest of the world, but some still fawn over there idol.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:19 pm

Yeah, but people admire Mayweather because he's earned their respect in the ring.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:19 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

I think it is shocking the lack of respect Mayweather show the rest of the world, but some still fawn over there idol.

You specified the term ' boxer, ' and this is a boxing forum. Some say that Tyson isn't the nicest of fellas, but most agree that he was a huge talent.

Perhaps you might be better discussing Manny at a dating forum.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next