The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week

+8
azania
BALTIMORA
88Chris05
Scottrf
coxy0001
Imperial Ghosty
HumanWindmill
D4thincarnation
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week - Page 2 Empty Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

My favourite fly on the wall boxing show is back this week showcasing the Pacquiao vs Mosley fight.

Below are thepremiere dates and times for FIGHT CAMP360°: Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Episode1 CBS Saturday, April 2 Noon ET/9a.m. PT
Episode1 SHO Saturday, April 16 10p.m.ET/PT
Episode2 SHO Saturday, April 23 10 p.m. ET/PT
Episode3 CBS Saturday, April 30 8 p.m. ET/PT
Episode3 SHO Saturday, April 30 10 p.m. ET/PT
Episode4 SHO Friday, May 6 10p.m.ET/PT
Episode 4 CBS Saturday, May7 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m.PT

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-fight-camp-360-crew-following-pacquiao-mosley--37548

Should give us some of the mindset of each boxer.

In one of the pics Mosley is studying the Pacquiao vs Marquez II tape, is this a mistake from Shane?

Who will be watching and do you think it could shed anymore light on the outcome of the fight or is it just an entertainment show?.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:25 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Windy

I'll stay on the right side of civility the day D4 stays on the right side of sanity/reason.

Honestly, if a kid in school was this problematic and disruptive he'd have been put into solitary teaching by now.......

Guess we won't be seeing that for a while, then, coxy.

Seriously, though, I reckon we should treat this thread for what it really is - just plain silly - and we should all have a bit of fun with it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao begins this week

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:26 pm

DAVE667 wrote:and still has time to do the school runs.
Unless he's taking every kid in the Phillipines to school everyday, it still leaves him time to put in exactly the same amount of training as he's always done. What about poor Shane still suffering in silence after the break-up of his marriage and the effect a broken home has on his own kids? You fail to mention that (if of course we're talking about imaginary problems that will have absolutely no impact on the fight whatsoever)

Pathetic excuse-making nimrod whose head is so far up Manny's backside you can't see how ridiculous you are

I can only assume Pacquiao's school run dilemma stems from him having to call at more than one household...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:27 pm

I still think it will be an entertaining programme; a bit more 'behind the scenes' than 24/7.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:27 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:Anyway, as I was saying a minute or two ago, if we stay the right side of civility...............................................

He did say "please"

Who did, mate ?

This is getting like Fawlty Towers.

Don't mention Floyd. I mentioned him once, but I think I got away with it.

There it is !

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:27 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:I can only assume Pacquiao's school run dilemma stems from him having to call at more than one household...
laughing

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:29 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:Anyway, as I was saying a minute or two ago, if we stay the right side of civility...............................................

He did say "please"

Who did, mate ?

This is getting like Fawlty Towers.
I thought you were referring to my offensive Manny impresionation but if not, I'll carry on...

"Oh gracious me...this traffic so busy...I have to take children to school, by new brush for beard and sit in congress and talk about water or something. How will I find time to see Freddie and train for big fight? Never mind, Shane Mosley old man who can't beat me and I make lot of money out of this.Come on...light go green AGES ago!!!!!!!!!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:29 pm

Mighty Atom

Ask who he backed in Mora v Mosley and the reasons he gave at the time (HINT, he didn't mention Mora was this tall rangy fighter etc)

And when he thought the FMJ/Mosley fight wouldn't go ahead who he was backing by what method of victory.

Could spend all afternoon going on and on with lots of questions, such is the level of dimwitidness he's displayed. Quite arguably the biggest laughing stock of any forum i've ever been on.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:32 pm

Coxy, i've spent the past few months owning him now, its become second nature to me

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:32 pm

dimwitidness

Is that the same as fecktarditude?

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:35 pm

DAVE667

It's almost the same but dimwitidness takes into account a lack of physical brain integrity

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:36 pm

And a quiet voice., amid the thunder and lightning, was heard to whisper, almost in trepidation :

" Is anybody going to watch Fight Camp 360 Mosley vs Pacquiao this week ?"

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:37 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:And a quiet voice., amid the thunder and lightning, was heard to whisper, almost in trepidation :

Depends if it clashes with 'The Only Way is Essex'...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:39 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:And a quiet voice., amid the thunder and lightning, was heard to whisper, almost in trepidation :

I'm going to watch it first episode is on Saturday. Will keep you all updated if any of you miss it. thumbsup

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:

Depends if it clashes with 'The Only Way is Essex'...

Or re runs of ' The Muppet Show. ' Hang on, a minute..........................................

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:I'm going to watch it first episode is on Saturday. Will keep you all updated if any of you miss it. thumbsup
I don't think any of us doubted that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

I'm going to watch it first episode is on Saturday. Will keep you all updated if any of you miss it. thumbsup

Great news, thanks D4. Will look forward to that article. Keep me updated on how Manny's goatee is looking too please, if you'd be so kind.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

I'd rather watch a Party Political Broadcast...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

You're a very thoughtful and nice chap, D4.

I'm sure that we'll all be grateful. I doubt you'll see much of Manny on the show, though.

He'll be picking up his kids from school.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

Didn't realise it was on...what's it about and will Holly Willoughby's frankly disappointly still covered breasts be involved in any way?

Or re runs of ' The Muppet Show.
-------------------------------------------------
Didn't realise D4 had his own programme

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:I'd rather watch a Party Political Broadcast...

From Manila.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:

From Manila.

Same thing isn't it?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

http://sports.sho.com/#/boxing/photos/4054

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Didn't realise it was on...what's it about and will Holly Willoughby's frankly disappointly still covered breasts be involved in any way?

Or re runs of ' The Muppet Show.
-------------------------------------------------
Didn't realise D4 had his own programme

I shall catch a fishy
On a little dishy
I shall catch a fishy
When the boat comes in

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:45 pm

Do you think he has passed Ali in influence outside of boxing yet D4?

And in terms of achievement?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:http://sports.sho.com/#/boxing/photos/4054

http://gorillaartfare.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/buffoon_joke.gif

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

Given Manny's Herculean workload, I'm sure that will be involved in the broadcast in some way. Then you can watch it and think, "Oooh doesn't he look tired?"

If Manny was a smart man, surely he'd used his exalted position as "famous bloke who sits at the back" to do something about the traffic congestion in the Phillipines thus ensuring that the school run takes no less than ten minutes a day. Mind you, I'm sure D4 will provide alarming statistics to show that sitting in traffic for ten minutes can affect a fighters stamina and hand/eye/wallet co-ordination

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:48 pm

I shall catch a fishy
On a little dishy
I shall catch a fishy
When the boat comes in

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:49 pm

Scottrf wrote:Do you think he has passed Ali in influence outside of boxing yet D4?

Pacquiao is a much bigger star in th Philippines than Ali was in America.

A lot of people in America did not like Ali, no many Filipinos dislike Pacquiao.

Pacquiao influence is still growing and must be one of the few active boxers maybe only one to appear on the front cover of Time Magazine.

And was in the top 100 most influential people on the planet.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:50 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Do you think he has passed Ali in influence outside of boxing yet D4?

A lot of people in America did not like Ali, no many Filipinos dislike Pacquiao.

Pacquiao influence is still growing and must be one of the few active boxers maybe only one to appear on the front cover of Time Magazine.

Yes, you've done very well, D4.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:53 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Would have been quicker just to type "NO!" wouldn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:54 pm

Don't suppose people all over the world know who Pacquiao is though, not as if a little known country in Africa is desperate to host one of his fights.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:55 pm

Wasn't that poll a public one? From memory it was. Remember it being banded about on pacland.com when i viewed some of the "threads" on there around the time of the Hatton fight....

Seem to remember it being "Vote for Manny" "Manny we can't ruggerbugger you but we'll vote for you, we love you" etc etc etc

Real good indication. Who is the biggest earner in boxing by the way D4? In terms of current fighters who've fought within the last year etc? Thanks for coming, ta ra

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:55 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Don't suppose people all over the world know who Pacquiao is though, not as if a little known country in Africa is desperate to host one of his fights.

D4 is already lobbying the relevant embassies, Ghosty.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Don't suppose people all over the world know who Pacquiao is though, not as if a little known country in Africa is desperate to host one of his fights.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

Pacquiao influence is still growing

Really? Last I heard, he was struggling to get free fishing vessels for locals. In terms of influence and the betterment of his fellow man, I think Jamie Oliver is doing a better job than Manny

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:59 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:

D4 is already lobbying the relevant embassies, Ghosty.

I can envisage the letter:

Dear Mr Pwesident

Me want you to get Manny fight in country, he weally big fighter and will bwing rots of money to awea.

I give good time for 5 dorrar if help.

Thank rou

D4, Manny biggest fan

Or something like that

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:00 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Wasn't that poll a public one? From memory it was. Remember it being banded about on pacland.com when i viewed some of the "threads" on there around the time of the Hatton fight....

Seem to remember it being "Vote for Manny" "Manny we can't ruggerbugger you but we'll vote for you, we love you" etc etc etc

Real good indication. Who is the biggest earner in boxing by the way D4? In terms of current fighters who've fought within the last year etc? Thanks for coming, ta ra

Scottrf asking the question about influence outside boxing. Don't think Ali was on the Time Magazine list.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Wasn't that poll a public one? From memory it was. Remember it being banded about on pacland.com when i viewed some of the "threads" on there around the time of the Hatton fight....

Scottrf asking the question about influence outside boxing. Don't think Ali was on the Time Magazine list.
...and I don't think anyone will write a song about Manny as good as the one Johnny Wakelin wrote about Ali (Black Superman)

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

THE MANILA ADDRESS

Six score and one years ago The Marquis of Queensbury brought forth, upon this sport, a new code of practice, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that "all men are created less than Pacquiao"

Now we are engaged in a great war, testing whether this code, or any code so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of it, as a final resting place for those who laboured here at 606v2, that the forum might live. This we may, in all propriety do. But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow, this ground. The brave fighters, living and dead, who struggled in boxing rings, have hallowed it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, while it can never forget what Manny Pacquiao did here.

It is rather for us, the living, to stand here. We here be dedicated to the great task remaining before us - that, from these honoured boxers we take decreased devotion to that cause for which they here, gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve these fighters shall have fought in vain; that the sport shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the sport by Pacquiao for Pacquiao, shall not perish from the earth ..................................

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

...and I don't think anyone will write a song about Manny as good as the one Johnny Wakelin wrote about Ali (Black Superman)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlWdHTnfgXM

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:07 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlWdHTnfgXM

If you ever had:

a) a girlfriend
b) a girlfriend who would agree to marry you

Would that be your first dance song?

1/10 says it would be

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:07 pm

Ali was only on the cover for time magazine 5/6 times and is widely considered the greatest sportsmen to ever live, Pacquiao isn't even the best of his generation let alone all time.

General consensus during say Durans career was that he was one of the top ten pound for pound fighters of all time, the same can't be said of Pacquiao who isn't widely considered to even be in the top 20. Gives you some indication that even during his own time he isn't as highly thought of as you would like.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:12 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Ali was only on the cover for time magazine 5/6 times and is widely considered the greatest sportsmen to ever live, Pacquiao isn't even the best of his generation let alone all time.

General consensus during say Durans career was that he was one of the top ten pound for pound fighters of all time, the same can't be said of Pacquiao who isn't widely considered to even be in the top 20. Gives you some indication that even during his own time he isn't as highly thought of as you would like.

Pacquiao is much more than just a boxer. So was Ali and though at the height of his popularity he had great influence he influence has declined.

Ali also spoke an Klu Klux Klan rallies because they shared a common ideology, maybe that him just being influential though.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:14 pm

Yup, it was a public vote.

Which kinda makes it an irrelevance when you've got Nuthuggers, Bieber fans etc etc who pollute that kind of vote by going for favouritism over who they actually believe to be more important.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:16 pm

Pacquiao is known in boxing and the philippines that is it D4, his influence on the world is inconsequential compard to that of Ali or even Tyson.

Show the average joe a picture of Pacquiao and they wont even know who it is

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:17 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Ali also spoke an Klu Klux Klan rallies because they shared a common ideology, maybe that him just being influential though.

They most certainly DID NOT.

The only ideology they shared was one of segregation, but in Ali's case his ideal was segregation based on EQUALITY. You are quick to remind others of the potential libellous nature of accusations concerning Manny, so please don't venture into the same territory with Ali.

Context is everything, as you well know.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:18 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Ali also spoke an Klu Klux Klan rallies because they shared a common ideology, maybe that him just being influential though.

They most certainly DID NOT.

The only ideology they shared was one of segregation, but in Ali's case his ideal was segregation based on EQUALITY. You are quick to remind others of the potential libellous nature of accusations concerning Manny, so please don't venture into the same territory with Ali.

Context is everything, as you well know.

Thats the one I was on about

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:19 pm

You get proved wrong then act as if that's what you meant all along

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:20 pm

D4 did you hear Donaire's GB switch was denied and he's staying with TR?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:21 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Pacquiao is known in boxing and the philippines that is it D4, his influence on the world is inconsequential compard to that of Ali or even Tyson.

Show the average joe a picture of Pacquiao and they wont even know who it is

The world is more than America and Britain you know. And Pacquiao influence stretches much further than the Philippines.

It is a hard thing to judge influence, it can change over time and depending where you are. But the Time Magazine list was probably reasonably accurate.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next