The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up

+56
sugarNspikes
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
The Bachelor
slartibartfast
Big
gowales
unforcederrors
Ospreydragon
wrfc1980
ospreysboyo
Swperb
Gordy
welshy6
IanBru
eirebilly
flyhalffactory
Knackeredknees
offload
doctornickolas
sheephead
mckay1402
Cari
thebluesmancometh
Ifandorbut
ieuan
Morgannwg
Full Credit
fa0019
anotherworldofpain
majesticimperialman
munkian
2ndtimeround
glamorganalun
jimmyinthewell68
Adam D
samuraidragon
SubsBench
Dontheman
TycroesOsprey
Higher_Ground
pharmachris
RubyGuby
GavCanDance
Liam
mowgli
Taylorman
maestegmafia
Knowsit17
bedfordwelsh
asoreleftshoulder
formerly known as Sam
wales606
Smirnoffpriest
Luckless Pedestrian
Biltong
Pal Joey
60 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who Will Win?

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_lcap13%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_lcap0%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_lcap13%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_lcap0%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_lcap31%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 10 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_lcap34%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 11 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_lcap9%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 32

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Empty Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Saturday 23rd June, 2012
15:00 EST, 06:00 BMT
Allianz Stadium (SFS), Moore Park, Capacity: 45,500
Current forecast for Saturday: Fine, 7-15 deg. C
Sydney Radar (The ground is halfway between .Sydney and .Randwick on the diagonal)

Australia:
15 Kurtley Beale
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper
13 Rob Horne
12 Pat McCabe
11 Digby Ioane
10 Berrick Barnes
9 Will Genia
8 Wycliff Palu
7 David Pocock (capt.)
6 Scott Higginbotham
5 Nathan Sharpe
4 Sitaleki Timani
3 Sekope Kepu
2 Tatafu Polota Nau
1 Benn Robinson

Reserves:
16 Stephen Moore, 17 Ben Alexander, 18 Rob Simmons, 19 Dave Dennis, 20 Michael Hooper, 21 Nic White, 22 Anthony Fainga'a.

Wales:
15 Leigh Halfpenny
14 Alex Cuthbert
13 Jonathan Davies
12 Ashley Beck
11 George North
10 Rhys Priestland
9 Mike Phillips
8 Ryan Jones
7 Sam Warburton (capt.)
6 Dan Lydiate
5 Alun Wyn Jones
4 Bradley Davies
3 Adam Jones
2 Matthew Rees
1 Gethin Jenkins

Reserves:
16 Ken Owens, 17 Paul James, 18 Luke Charteris, 19 Justin Tipuric, 20 Rhys Webb, 21 James Hook, 22 Scott Williams.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Poll Added)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Empty Re: Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up

Post by mowgli Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 am

So what did the management say post 6 Nations...that we needed to come down under and take the next step. May as well have stayed at home then because we refuse to learn.

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 10 Empty Re: Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up

Post by Knackeredknees Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 am

Just one thing lads(and lasses) is that everything your accusing the ozzy's of doing and getting away with from the ref, you have got away with it all before and have had refs in your pocket! Every team has at some point. No one says a word when it's going your way.

Just suck it up, take it home and smash them into the CAP in the AIs

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 am

mowgli wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:I'm sick of rugby Billy. Just utterly sick of it. Our sport is being ruined.

Might keep it on in the background. dunno.

you are 24 and a welsh fan....i've been on this rollercoaster 25 years, doesn't get any better i can tell you

Mowgli,

You can add a few more years onto that total for me sorry Sad
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Swperb Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 am

Both sides deserved to win, some patches of good rugby from both sides. But Joubert was only reffing one side at times. Very reluctant to call a penalty to Wales at scrum time, but when Australia had their only decent scrum, his arm was up straight away. And as been said already how many Australians were sealing off in the last few phases? I don’t understand why he would be biased, but it certainly did seem that way.
Swperb
Swperb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 am

no I'm serious Billy, me and rugby are close to being done.

Bedord - agreed. I won't blame Joubert as we made too many mistakes of our own. Won't say that detracts from what was a truly Poopie performance from him though. Guess it's a positive that we only lost by 1 when we are far off our best and playing to reffing interpretations that were being made up on the spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 am

A 2pt and 1pt loss in Australia. Both games could have gone either way, Wales have just run out of luck. Howleys selection in the second test cost us, lost too many line outs and lost the breakdown battle. In this test the restarts lost by awj in the first half was worth several points, and the displine was awful.

Tipuric and Ryan Jones helped turn the breakdown in the second half and halfpennys kicking was first class, all three should be nailed on starters now, as should Ken Owens, as he can throw a ball straight.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreysboyo Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 am

The one that got me was when we were just inside the Aussie 22, we walked their scrum backwards and the flanker broke off and the props fell over, no pen, EXACTLY the same but this time in our half pen to us, he didnt penalise Aus if he thought we'd get points, and as for that last maul decision, wtf was going on with that????

ospreysboyo

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 am

It's NOT the way the ref plays ffs. It's how you play the ref. We were clueless.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 am

mowgli wrote:
doctornickolas wrote:
IanBru wrote:Three certainties in life:
1) Death
2) Taxes
3) Wales cheapening the game by complaining about the referee.

4) Scotland will get excited about beating second string Australian and Islander teams,

No thats 5, 4 is that they collect wooden spoons thumbsup

No idea why but Wales losing seems to bring some mysterious scottish comments from out of the woodwork, it was the same on 606. But seeing as we are listing certanties:

6) Scotland losing home and away to Wales on a regular basis then blaming the ref and/or Lee Byrne.
7) Scotland rugby players having inferior tans to the Wales players.

thumbsup steam
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:54 am

You know i cant believe that dreamer. You will be back singing next time Wales play Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:54 am

yeah I didn't understand that maul decision either ospreyboyo, didn't seem anything wrong with it to me.

Stupid by Charteris to mouth off at the ref though.

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:54 am

Pkease stop winging about the ref and take a look at the stats. the Aussies dominated possession in EVERY game, made more line braks in EVERY game, dominated territory in EVERY game etc etc.
All we ever here from the welsh is that they can beat anyone on their day...well thats rubbish as they have now lost teir last 5 games against the weakes of the SH teams.
We also here winging and moaning from the welsh every thime they loose where they soehow blame the ref! Take a lookm at the stats boyos, they tell the real story!!!

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:55 am

I'll always sing when Wales play Billy, but I'm not enjoying watching it anymore. I'm not enjoying watching my rugby full stop. This season is the first season where I've actually had to switch off games it's been so bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:55 am

If Hooks kick ahead had stayed in you would have taken that game. Australia made far too many mistakes at crucial times on attack and were lucky to get away with it. Not a wonderful match to watch but there's been nothing between these 2 sides this series.

This Welsh side can hold their heads up for a very competitive series.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 am

It wasn't Joubert who miss threw into the line out on far too many occasions - It was Rees.

It wasn't Joubert who missed 3 restarts in a row - It was AWJ.

It wasn't Joubert who rushed up out of the line leading to their try - It was JD.

He may not have been the best but we made far too many of our own mistakes to blame him.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:It wasn't Joubert who miss threw into the line out on far too many occasions - It was Rees.

It wasn't Joubert who rushed up out of the line leading to their try - It was JD.

He may not have been the best but we made far too many of our own mistakes to blame him.

This.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 am

I thought Joubert handled the game very well. Blaming the ref is sadly becoming a common occurance in rugby, and an unwelcome one at that.

Wales discipline was shocking. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Its a major blow to this Welsh side who have some very good players. But I now think its evident they are developing an inferiority complex that will start to haunt this group of players until they manage to get that elusive win over a SH scalp.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreysboyo Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 am

Joubert said that it was a maul offence, and Ryan Jones said that as the Aus players were nou competing it couldnt be a maul?? I am still struggling at how it was an offence, surely now all teams need to do to defend a driving maul is to just stand aside and let the other team form one, as its a penalty.

ospreysboyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 am

rugbydreamer wrote:yeah I didn't understand that maul decision either ospreyboyo, didn't seem anything wrong with it to me.

South Africa has been penalised for the same thing vs OZ numerous times, they refuse to make contact with the maul, then because the ball carrier is blocked by players in front, it is deemed obstruction.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 am

viewtothegym wrote:Wales are good enough Wales are better than Australia the only difference was the man in the middle,
just the same old bullsh!t , it's like traveling to Thomond and the RDS,
home advantage is an understatement

View, Im not one to complain about the ref, however he has pinged wales off the park whilst allowing Australia to do exactly what they wanted at the breakdown, he allowed Austtralian players to take the ball from an offside position on at least two occasions, 2 high tackles, crossing once, sealing off espescially in the final minutes, forward passes, knock ons, multiple offsides in the defensive line, all the while pinging wales for the same offences or just making up an offence to ping them for. Joubert was either bought or is completly incompetent.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 am

rugbydreamer wrote:I'll always sing when Wales play Billy, but I'm not enjoying watching it anymore. I'm not enjoying watching my rugby full stop. This season is the first season where I've actually had to switch off games it's been so bad.

Its just a bad dream....become a ref

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Swperb Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 am

Australia are dominating the stats because they are allowed to by the ref. They are flopping all over at rucks, but hardly ever get pinged.
Swperb
Swperb

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 am

rugbydreamer wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:It wasn't Joubert who miss threw into the line out on far too many occasions - It was Rees.

This.

Spot on!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 am

Full Credit wrote:If Hooks kick ahead had stayed in you would have taken that game. Australia made far too many mistakes at crucial times on attack and were lucky to get away with it. Not a wonderful match to watch but there's been nothing between these 2 sides this series.

This Welsh side can hold their heads up for a very competitive series.

FC,

I get your point but I am sick n ******** tired of having to hold my head up for another glorious defeat.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 am

rugbydreamer wrote:yeah I didn't understand that maul decision either ospreyboyo, didn't seem anything wrong with it to me.

Once all opposition players have disengaged from the maul, all players in front of the ball carrier become offside. As soon as an opposition player rejoins the maul correctly the offside players prevent any fair contest. Aka truck and trailer.

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 am

"Same mistakes week in week in, week out" -- Scott Quinnel sums it up.

All we need is a coach who can taech the technical skills to handle lineouts and restarts. Does picking AWJ vindicate Howley's selectorial decision not to include Ian Evans?

If Wales are to beat top sides, they have to do the basics -- they have a good scrum, but set pieces are poor (poor lineouts and restarts) and support play not good enough. We also need a better midfield -- Gatland loves big centres and wingers but bish bash is not enough.

I think this Aus team were there for the taking in this serie? Why? They have an inferior scrum and they were missing key top players. Aus will get much stronger, with a much better attack, when the likes of Cooper etc are all back.

Howley in charge for 3 tests: result - 3 losses.

Last edited by Ospreydragon on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 am

biltongbek wrote:

South Africa has been penalised for the same thing vs OZ numerous times, they refuse to make contact with the maul, then because the ball carrier is blocked by players in front, it is deemed obstruction.

see that's just ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 am

Swperb wrote:Australia are dominating the stats because they are allowed to by the ref. They are flopping all over at rucks, but hardly ever get pinged.
Sorry mate but evry team does that. You can't blame the referee for that, you have to blame the IRB

Last edited by biltongbek on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 am

Knackeredknees wrote:

Once all opposition players have disengaged from the maul, all players in front of the ball carrier become offside. As soon as an opposition player rejoins the maul correctly the offside players prevent any fair contest. Aka truck and trailer.

Its the old truck n trailer call we use to hear and I could see that staright away, what compounded it was Lukes mouth.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 am

So...who wants Gatland to be lions coach now?

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 am

Knackeredknees wrote:

that again is absolutely ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swperb Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 am

Yes but Wales get pinged for it!
Swperb
Swperb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:01 am

biltongbek wrote:
Swperb wrote:Australia are dominating the stats because they are allowed to by the ref. They are flopping all over at rucks, but hardly ever get pinged.
Sorry mate but evry team does that. You can't blame the referee for that, you have to blame the IRB

this.

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreysboyo Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:01 am

Knackeredknees wrote:

But Aus didnt join in the first place, as I said, to defend a rolling maul, all you need to do is not compete, pen to your side then!!

ospreysboyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:02 am

Knackeredknees wrote:Just one thing lads(and lasses) is that everything your accusing the ozzy's of doing and getting away with from the ref, you have got away with it all before and have had refs in your pocket! Every team has at some point. No one says a word when it's going your way.

Just suck it up, take it home and smash them into the CAP in the AIs

I don't remember us ever getting away with taking out the scrum half off the ball.

The past two games I haven't held the ref responsible in the slightest for us losing. At this point I'm not going to be sensationalist and bring corruption into the argument. But I can't see how there's any denying that Joubert made a couple of very questionable decisions in the dying moments, putting it very kindly.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:02 am

A bit silly all this nonsense about the ref. it's very rare that the better team loses because of poor officials. Certainly not three weeks in a row.

We were not good enough. Fact. Australia were smarter than us every time it mattered.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 am

biltongbek wrote:

The Crusaders have employed that tactic numerous times (and to great effect) this season too.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by unforcederrors Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 am

Anyone up for some rugby algebra?

AWJ = Useless
Mike Phillips = Moron

AWJ + MP = NO CHANCE

unforcederrors

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 am

mowgli wrote:So...who wants Gatland to be lions coach now?

Gatland wasn't the Wales coach
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 am

dreamer

I am exactly the same as you, I am too tense frustrated and angry to enjoy the Wales games, too uninterested to enjoy Super rugby, too pee'd off to enjoy the HC and too demoralised by certain games in the jeff / Rabo to trust to commit to watch a full game.

I have hit a point where even as a neutral I am watching the ref thinking 'ooo that teams been done there' or left scratching my head by numerous decisions by lets face it ALL refs in every game.

Infact I'd go as far to say as the only time I enjoy rugby any more is on the day out to the match, and that is generally because of the banter.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 am

Need to go away lick our wounds and come back stronger.

We need to look at our selections. Warburton, Matt Rees and Gethin haven't played rugby for months and were just not fit enough to play 3 tests of this intensity. Paul James and Tipuric have been playing really well for the O's so have faith in them.

Charteris was our best second row in the WC, Ian Evans was our best in the 6 nations and yet neither are selected. AWJ had his worst game ever and Brad (who I consider 4th choice) was in there giving away his usual stupid penalties.

The other area we need to look at and quickly is the half backs. Hook should be given a run the same as Priestland has had. Where we are lacking is someone to challenge Mike Phillips. Australia had game changers at 9 and 10 whereas ours don't seem to run the game any where near as well.

Finally, stupid errors. How many times in the last few weeks have we got in to their 22 only to get turned over or knock on. We need to be as clinical as the SH sides.

Ok. That's it. Next up Ireland. They are usually the team I love to hate but for the next 2 hours I am Dr O'Nickolas Leprechaun

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:04 am

Knowsit we were taking Pocock out of the game by holding him down at the rucks and got away with it.

Please people stop blaming the reff, it's pathetic.

It really gives the rest of us fans a bad image with your consistant whining

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:04 am

ospreysboyo wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:

But Aus didnt join in the first place, as I said, to defend a rolling maul, all you need to do is not compete, pen to your side then!!

Ok that's what's known as a flying wedge, last seen used in the early 80's well last time I saw it used. Players bound on in front of the ball carrier, it's still deliberate obstruction and a pen to aus.

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:05 am

wales606 wrote:
mowgli wrote:So...who wants Gatland to be lions coach now?

Gatland wasn't the Wales coach

Doh

QED

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:05 am

Knackered your wrong, as soon as the maul is engaged by the opposition everyone in front of the ball carrier is onside, even if the opp all back away.

Jouberts argument was than the maul moved to a ruck, then another maul formed, which IMO it wasn't!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:05 am

wrfc1980 wrote:Pkease stop winging about the ref and take a look at the stats. the Aussies dominated possession in EVERY game, made more line braks in EVERY game, dominated territory in EVERY game etc etc.
All we ever here from the welsh is that they can beat anyone on their day...well thats rubbish as they have now lost teir last 5 games against the weakes of the SH teams.
We also here winging and moaning from the welsh every thime they loose where they soehow blame the ref! Take a lookm at the stats boyos, they tell the real story!!!

Where've you been? I only ever seem to see you when Wales lose a game. You have missed a lot of rugby for the last 6 months. Here's a reminder for you; Grand Slam and two on the bounce against England, England lowest ever finish in the JWC. Now concentrate on cheering on your team against the Boks.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 am

Aussies get the narrowest of margins for victory.

I missed the game but have just read the thread. Sounds like far too many penalties at the breakdown.

A great series. Well done to the Bazzers...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 am

Howley has made some bad calls selection wise,

Rees - Poor again today at lineout.

Warburton - There were some calls for him to be replaced, ironically I thought he had his best 40 today. Tipuric gave that bit more edge to it though.

Priestland - Better today but poor overall.

The biggest puzzle for me is the way Ian Evans has not been involved. Why go to all the hassle of letting him join up late if he's not going to be used.

He was stand out 2nd row in the 6 Nations and after AWJs performance at the retstarts today I just struggle to understand Evans' lack of involvement
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 am

Breaks my heart watching Wales play

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 am

offload wrote:A bit silly all this nonsense about the ref. it's very rare that the better team loses because of poor officials. Certainly not three weeks in a row.

We were not good enough. Fact. Australia were smarter than us every time it mattered.

Not the 1st test but the ref was the major player in the 2nd and 3rd tests. Some crucial and very poor decisions in both and when both tests are won by less than 1 penalty kick it makes a huge difference.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next