The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

+46
Valero's Conscience
d260005p
aja424
Mind the windows Tino.
Sir. badgerhands
School Project
huw
The genius of PBF
eddyfightfan
ChelskiFanski
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
fearlessBamber
oxring
TRUSSMAN66
coxy0001
ONETWOFOREVER
bellchees
whotobeA
Michaels, Sean
superflyweight
Daz
jimdig
joeyjojo618
STC
Il Gialloblu
compelling and rich
wow_junky
AdZacO
ADMIN
Fists of Fury
Jukebox Timebomb
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
Davie
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Rowley
John Bloody Wayne
BALTIMORA
D4thincarnation
Union Cane
Scottrf
Adam D
50 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 8 Empty The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Adam D Fri 06 May 2011, 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I, as well as countless other people have had enough of threads descending into utter drivel.

If you want to go wildly off topic and discuss things, then please do so in here.

Today alone has seen threads descend into conversations about Blazing Saddles, hot women, the Royal family, how to cook duck and now darts.

Is this really how we are going to attract new members?

If you want to talk about these or other similarly non boxing related matters, do so here and not on threads people have taken the time to write.

The Gloves is now open for business, now who is buying the first round?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

Would have loved to have been around in those days. Quite fancy a Vespa but a lot of nobheds seem to be riding them these days.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

Better modes of transport? Now THERE'S an argument wait to happen.

The words "scooter", "hairdryer", "wheels on" and a few others can be formed into a coherent sentence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:00 pm

T'is true Sean. I am currently in the market for a new one, my old one finally giving up the ghost some time ago. Just need to persuade the missus it is a useful use of our scant resources. Would like a Lambretta but they are not the most reliable things in the world and being stunningly useless mechanically think a Vespa is the better option.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:00 pm

It's not about speed Dave, am sure your good lady will have had cause to tell you that before.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:05 pm

Apparently they all still meet up once a year in brighton but instead of having a good old tear up they have a nice brew & natter! Dylan was right, the times are changing!

Now would Floyd be a Mod & Manny a rocker? Touchpaper!

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:06 pm

rowley wrote:It's not about speed Dave, am sure your good lady will have had cause to tell you that before.
Wouldn't know about that, mate, I tend not to hang about/stay awake long enough for the "autopsy".

I generally assume they're tears of gratitude she's crying...

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:11 pm

whotobeA wrote:Apparently they all still meet up once a year in brighton but instead of having a good old tear up they have a nice brew & natter! Dylan was right, the times are changing!

There's a pub out in the country near me where the rocker's turn up every Sunday. Look as hard as nails in their skull covered leather, helmets and chains etc. They then take their helmets off, order a moccolatte and suddenly it's quite obvious these guys are city bankers half way through a mid life crisis.

Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
whotobeA wrote:Apparently they all still meet up once a year in brighton but instead of having a good old tear up they have a nice brew & natter! Dylan was right, the times are changing!

There's a pub out in the country near me where the rocker's turn up every Sunday. Look as hard as nails in their skull covered leather, helmets and chains etc. They then take their helmets off, order a moccolatte and suddenly it's quite obvious these guys are city bankers half way through a mid life crisis.

It sounds like that dreadful film with John Travolta, Tim Allen, William H Macy and Martin Lawrence.
"Those crazy bikers comin' down 'ere with their blueberry phones"

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

I quite liked that film......
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:I quite liked that film......

Me too.

[after Woody has slapped a bull, Doug goes out to also slap it]

Earl Dooble: Yeah, and we never seen it done twice in a row.

Woody Stevens: What?

Earl Dooble: It'll be interesting to see how the bull takes being slapped now that he's alert.

Woody Stevens, Bobby Davis: Alert?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

That is a good film

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

I prefer Quadrophenia tbh! Even though Jimmy now appears as any & every cockney sterotype, the leading lady now has lips resembling a pair of seals & the main MOD bellboy is a tree hugger who doesn't like to fetch before 8hrs on the job!

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

whotobeA wrote:I prefer Quadrophenia tbh! Even though Jimmy now appears as any & every cockney sterotype, the leading lady now has lips resembling a pair of seals & the main MOD bellboy is a tree hugger who doesn't like to fetch before 8hrs on the job!

In all fairness have you seen Sting's missus not surprised it takes him an age to shoot his fat. Agree about Quadrophenia though, cracking film. Although it should be noted that in the lyrics for the Who songs the film was based on Jimmy rides a Vespa GS whereas in the film he rides a Lambretta LI. The film makers should have got this right, the GS is a beautiful scooter.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 8 Empty Bungle v Fury.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

Both a couple of muppets I know but who would win this 1.

Thats Bungle from rainbow if anyone is wondering.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

ONETWO, I'm going to merge this into the ' pub ' thread, but will leave it here for ten minutes to give you chance to read this.

No disrespect intended, but we have a couple of ' off topic ' threads on the front page already, one of which, although tongue in cheek, is actually addressing an issue of some importance.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

OMG!!!!!!!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:44 pm

Apparently bungle has already released a picture baiting Fury for a fight, asking him if "ee's ard enuf caaaam 'av a go"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y1p1pgk1sZU/SzLIbKMMe6I/AAAAAAAAAkM/g3cRb5hSMvY/s320/Bungle.jpg

Bungle's style is all wrong for Fury, he zippys him in his backpocket all night long

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

I think Bungle give Fury nightmares IMO. Hes got 3 things going for him...

he's a south PAW

he's good and...

he's black.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I think Bungle give Fury nightmares IMO. Hes got 3 things going for him...

he's a south PAW

he's good and...

he's black.

Ha !

Marvin Bungle. I like it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

Haha!! Marvin Bungle! laughing

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

I probably would have liked the movie...had I understood the jargon..

However classless punks and wallies on motorbikes looking hard isn't my idea of fun...

Gave up attending yoga class years ago..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:42 pm

Lads - this isn't about boxing. Its locked whilst I work out how and where to move it.

If anyone wants it unlocked - pm me.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:04 pm

Moving this to the ' pub ' thread, fellas.

Will give it ten minutes so you know where it is.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:07 pm

Move it to the blue oyster...there is a good lad.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 15 Jun 2011, 6:02 pm

Where's Azania gone ?

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 15 Jun 2011, 6:24 pm

fearlessBamber wrote:Where's Azania gone ?

watching some old fighters so he can finally get clued up

Last edited by compelling and rich on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 15 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm

I was wondering the same thing, now you mention it. The words 'cooler, one week' sprang to mind...

Last edited by BALTIMORA on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dur...)

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:15 am

Putting the finishing touches to his Rocky Marciano appreciation website.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Thu 16 Jun 2011, 11:06 am

rowley wrote:

Putting the finishing touches to his Rocky Marciano appreciation website.

Whilst in the 'cooler'.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 16 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

5 Heavyweights remember fighting Tyson:

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=28292&more=1

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

I stumbled across this today...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/58024/

... and my overwhelming thought was Boris Becker looks a bit like a ginger Tom Jones.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 09 Jul 2011, 4:01 pm

What is the worst name you have ever seen a boxer have?

I would go with this...

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=240316&cat=boxer
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 09 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Did I say worst?
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm

Shout out on Buncey, nice!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

Souleymane M'baye v Ismael El Massoudi
Lee Haskins v Mohamed Bouleghcha

Eurosport 2 Thursday 14th 2pm.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:35 pm

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2011/forgotten-story-of%E2%80%A6-brits-who-took-great-harry-greb

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

Pavlik has been back on the booze and fighting.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168017-pavlik-brothers-draw-cops-with-fight

Does anyone actually read this thread?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:17 pm

I do Scott, more in the vague hope the talk will come back round to scooters and sixties music but am still waiting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm

I meant non-hit-and-run-merchants really but you will have to do.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:41 am

Scottrf wrote:I meant non-hit-and-run-merchants really but you will have to do.

Have stopped my hit and run days. Was getting perilously close to getting a spinning back fist for my troubles, better avoided me thinks

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

Crikey, you were up early Jeff, did you wet the bed?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

Am always up early mate, missus takes about three days to get ready so thought I would pop in, not much doing on Sky sports news so why not.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

Scottrf wrote:Pavlik has been back on the booze and fighting.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168017-pavlik-brothers-draw-cops-with-fight

Does anyone actually read this thread?

it does seem to be dying a death this pub, must be the smoking ban and tax on the beer!!

anyway proper pub chat, which is the hardest to acheive a 147 in snooker or a nine dart finish in darts?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:19 pm

Darts I reckon.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:28 pm

i dont know for certain but think televised nine dart finshes are rarer than televised 147's. im better at darts than snooker though.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 8 Empty Missing D4

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:30 pm

I know I perhaps shouldn't create a thread about this, but does anyone actually kind of miss D4?

Granted the man was DELUSIONAL and he deserved the capitals there, but he kinda grew on me a bit. Granted he started arguements and created a thread whenever Manny opened his mouth, but I kind of miss the guy and his strange ways, never know what you had 'til it's gone kind of thing. =/

Anyone else sort of miss the goofy guy?

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to type question, D'oh!)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm

I used to miss D4..

Then I learn't to punch straight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:36 pm

The old ones are the best.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:37 pm

Aw, come on I know he was a bit annoying at times, but his views were SO out there you had to like him a little bit for his quirkiness!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:38 pm

Not interested in your sex life..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next