The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

+46
Valero's Conscience
d260005p
aja424
Mind the windows Tino.
Sir. badgerhands
School Project
huw
The genius of PBF
eddyfightfan
ChelskiFanski
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
fearlessBamber
oxring
TRUSSMAN66
coxy0001
ONETWOFOREVER
bellchees
whotobeA
Michaels, Sean
superflyweight
Daz
jimdig
joeyjojo618
STC
Il Gialloblu
compelling and rich
wow_junky
AdZacO
ADMIN
Fists of Fury
Jukebox Timebomb
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
Davie
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Rowley
John Bloody Wayne
BALTIMORA
D4thincarnation
Union Cane
Scottrf
Adam D
50 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 9 Empty The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Adam D Fri May 06, 2011 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I, as well as countless other people have had enough of threads descending into utter drivel.

If you want to go wildly off topic and discuss things, then please do so in here.

Today alone has seen threads descend into conversations about Blazing Saddles, hot women, the Royal family, how to cook duck and now darts.

Is this really how we are going to attract new members?

If you want to talk about these or other similarly non boxing related matters, do so here and not on threads people have taken the time to write.

The Gloves is now open for business, now who is buying the first round?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Scottrf Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not interested in your sex life..

But your wife is.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 pm

...No comment...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:41 pm

She was interested...She's not a psychiatrist anymore Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:44 pm

I always got on alright with D4, although he really annoyed me before he left by trying to do some manny wumming on 88chris's excellent top 50 Hispanic fighters thread. But generally speaking I got on ok with him, although I don't miss him at all and in all honesty the quality and variety of debate here has been better since he left.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Fair enough I guess, and yeah I know it's not always as "I love Mannyfied" anymore but still kinda liked the guy a little bit.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Think he thought he was more subtle than he was.........

Think being a one trick pony didn't help.......

Still was surprised he got banned.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 pm

I think he only got banned for a day or so.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:59 pm

He's not banned, he just left in a huff when they decided that all manny and floyd related stuff would be merged into two threads, it nullified his wumming. He posts on other forums now, but I'd bet a pound to a pinch of sh*t that he'll resurface at some point.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:00 am

He'll be back for Marquez i'd imagine, maybe Mayweather.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:02 am

Reminds me of a slightly less bias Pacquiao version of the genius of's bias of Mayweather, there very similar in the sense they thrive of causing arguments, delusional, he was on boxingscene last week, he'd commented on an article anyway.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:07 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Reminds me of a slightly less bias Pacquiao version of the genius of's bias of Mayweather, there very similar in the sense they thrive of causing arguments, delusional, he was on boxingscene last week, he'd commented on an article anyway.

Less bias?! There's nobody that D4 was LESS bias than, his disproportionate sense of bias knew no bounds.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:10 am

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:Reminds me of a slightly less bias Pacquiao version of the genius of's bias of Mayweather, there very similar in the sense they thrive of causing arguments, delusional, he was on boxingscene last week, he'd commented on an article anyway.

Less bias?! There's nobody that D4 was LESS bias than, his disproportionate sense of bias knew no bounds.
yeah mate just my loud opinion haha, D4 was slightly calmer though haha

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:10 am

Forum is a better read without him. He always started arguments.

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I used to miss D4..

Then I learn't to punch straight..

laughing

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I used to miss D4..

Then I learn't to punch straight..

i used to miss D4...

then i got a scope for my rifle

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:03 am

I'd say the 147, that's a lot of shot's that can go wrong with all the positioning for the black aswell. Nine darts is nine darts, easy. A lot more skill involved in the 147.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:23 am

I hope the irony is not lost on you Young Towzer.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:30 am

I think D4 is a pretty bored individual who spends his time between reasonable boxing articles and wind ups. Maybe he works in a boring job with little to do, maybe he just has nothing better to do with his time. I dont know.

He isnt banned because hes careful not to be abusive, his articles are generally boxing related and they generate lots of posts. He enjoys his "celebrity" status on these boards and he is an attention seeker. The fact hes able to generate such response means hes hands down winning the battle. He would have left ages ago if people ignored him but he enjoys seeing people commenting about him and getting worked up behind a feigned air of indifference when hes probably giggling away to himself as he reads his usual victims angry responses. Every so often then he will put up a genuine article just to keep up appearances as a genuine poster.

Its the people that give him oxygen that are to blame and are ironically the ones that want rid of him the most yet cant help themselves posting 20/30 comments on his threads everytime - playing right into his hands.

I dont mind D4 - I am indifferent to his prescence because I can spot when his out to get a reaction and can happily ignore him when I want to. Its the people that cant are the reason to blame. They are giving an attention seeker what he craves - attention. If you wanted rid of D4 ages ago, ignore him and he will become bored. Its simple and you will save yourself alot of anguish.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 am

You seem to know the workings of a WUM quite well...

But you're right.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 am

Don't want to be a spoilsport, but this really belongs in the ' pub ' thread. Will leave it here for five or ten minutes so you all know where it is and I will then merge it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:54 am

I actually liked him.

He had very strong views but others actually pushed him into becoming a caricature of himself.

When he ever tried to write a sensible article / post it would be hijacked by the people that disliked him and would become a WUM article as this would tend to fuel his fire.

Wouldn't say I miss him as such (this is where I pretend I have much more important things in my life) but I think he was a decent contributor.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:55 am

HumanWindmill wrote:Don't want to be a spoilsport, but this really belongs in the ' pub ' thread. Will leave it here for five or ten minutes so you all know where it is and I will then merge it.

Can't you have it as a sticky for a tribute to D4 thread? Wink

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:56 am

What did happen to him anyway? I enjoyed reading his man love of Pacquiao.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:58 am

I miss him about as much as I would miss Eastenders were it to end or Westlife were they to split up, or if that is too subtle for you as much as I would miss a dose of genital warts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:04 am

I need D4 back like I need a hole in my head.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 9 Empty Apology

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:08 pm

I would like to offer my heart felt apologies to ALL members of 606 v2. I have been caught pure and simple. Yes I did copy the work of 1 Iron Duke on eastside boxing classic forum and NO I am not Iron Duke. I did not guess that my stupid actions would be found out but my intentions were pure. I just wanted to debate boxing but have gone so in the wrong way. I do hope you will find it in your hearts to forgive me. I was backed into a corner and panicked. For this I am truly sorry but I have seen the error of my ways and will now leave for a period of reflection.

I will also like to apologise to scottrf for my terrible mp that I posted. I am very sorry friend and hope you were not offended. I will go away now but if when I come back I am accepted I promise to never to commit the smae mistakes as before.

ONETWO

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 pm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/insofar
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:11 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I would like to offer my heart felt apologies to ALL members of 606 v2. I have been caught pure and simple. Yes I did copy the work of 1 Iron Duke on eastside boxing classic forum and NO I am not Iron Duke. I did not guess that my stupid actions would be found out but my intentions were pure. I just wanted to debate boxing but have gone so in the wrong way. I do hope you will find it in your hearts to forgive me. I was backed into a corner and panicked. For this I am truly sorry but I have seen the error of my ways and will now leave for a period of reflection.

I will also like to apologise to scottrf for my terrible mp that I posted. I am very sorry friend and hope you were not offended. I will go away now but if when I come back I am accepted I promise to never to commit the smae mistakes as before.

ONETWO

That, my friend, is most gracious. Respect to you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:12 pm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tard

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Fair enough mate.

OK

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Coxy and Union - you both just made me spew water from my nose as I was having a sip!!!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:18 pm

No problem friend.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Dazstarr wrote:Coxy and Union - you both just made me spew water from my nose as I was having a sip!!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spluff

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:24 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:Coxy and Union - you both just made me spew water from my nose as I was having a sip!!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spluff

Well thats a new one!! haha!!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Was it the Dempsey article?

I always miss these things, forever on the outside looking in!! Sad

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:Was it the Dempsey article?

No mate, Spinning Backfist.

Apparently it was first written by Hugh McIlvanney.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Has anyone noticed that since Norman Mailer died there has been a lack of spinning back fist articles. I'm not saying that proves anything but put two and two together and it's a pretty compelling theory.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:Was it the Dempsey article?

No mate, Spinning Backfist.

Apparently it was first written by Hugh McIlvanney.

I was under the impression the Spinning Backfist article was penned by Nat Fleischer.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:33 pm

rowley wrote:put two and two together and it's a pretty compelling theory.
I thought it was four Whistle

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:38 pm

What about when we put ONE and TWO together ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:39 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:What about when we put ONE and TWO together ?

You get the 3 brain cells "forever" possesses?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:39 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:What about when we put ONE and TWO together ?

When I do that I come out with the result that Harry Greb did not exist, should perhaps have paid a bit more attention in school

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Gomez-Alvarez on according to Gomez September 17th Staples Centre.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Scottrf wrote:Gomez-Alvarez on according to Gomez September 17th Staples Centre.

Fancy him to do a job on Gomez, good to see him fighting so regular, Alex Arthur would have a heart attack with Sual's schedule.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:48 pm

ONETWO

Grow some cahonas, poor cheap shot.

Anyone want to tell me why PM's aren't working?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:10 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Anyone want to tell me why PM's aren't working?
They should be Coxy.
I've had a few tonight.
I'll send a test one to you now. randy

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:13 pm

While people are apologising I would like to confess that I brushed my pubes with my wife's hair brush because she burnt my dinner. I would apologise to her but she would not be happy.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm

prettyboykev wrote:While people are apologising I would like to confess that I brushed my pubes with my wife's hair brush because she burnt my dinner. I would apologise to her but she would not be happy.

Let it out Kev, let it out.

I smashed my wifes favourite cup, it had her name on it and everything. I blamed it on my youngest son who can't defend himself. I think this makes me a bad person.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:29 pm

prettyboykev wrote:While people are apologising I would like to confess that I brushed my pubes with my wife's hair brush because she burnt my dinner. I would apologise to her but she would not be happy.

You arriss, i've just spat red wine all over my desk!

And Y I bud, right back at you randy

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:29 pm

I smashed my wifes favourite cup, it had her name on it and everything. I blamed it on my youngest son who can't defend himself. I think this makes me a bad person.

In 15 years time when he comes back holding hands with a guy think back to this very day and say to yourself "it's all my fault" Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next