The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Manny v Mosley discussion

+41
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
The Galveston Giant
Davie
Boxtthis
joeyjojo618
HumanWindmill
talkingpickle
eddyfightfan
Kay Fabe
skidd1
AlexHuckerby
David Tails
dangerous_mouse
licence_007
Youarethegreatest
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TRUSSMAN66
MickeyGoldmill
Lumbering_Jack
ArchBritishchris
Rowley
Bob
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AdZacO
pacman79
hitmansam
Scottrf
wow_junky
coxy0001
Valero's Conscience
Fists of Fury
Imperial Ghosty
beastfromthesoutheast
BALTIMORA
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
Cotto89
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
D4thincarnation
oxring
45 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion Empty Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2011, 5:54 am

Made me long for the heady days of Hopkins/Calzaghe!!!

Off to bed, no further comment to make on that snore-fest except to say that Mayweather should sign to fight Manny IMMEDIATELY

Last edited by Hero on Sun 08 May 2011, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thouhgt it best to contain all post fight articles in one thread with a title that explains that)

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion Empty Manny wins in awful fight

Post by oxring Sun 08 May 2011, 5:59 am

So what have we learnt from last night's action.

1. That was without a doubt the worst performance from Manny that I have seen in the last 5 years. False knockdown aside (bad refereeing decision there K. Bayliss) - the speed wasn't there at all. I scored it 116-110 after 12 rounds - but what the hell was going on there? Sure - Manny was winning the rounds, but looking awful whilst doing so. Mosley kept making him miss - which was helped by Manny walking around throwing single shots. When Manny picked up the speed he did well - BUT - once - Manny would pick up the speed EVERY round. Here he picked up the speed 4 times.

2. Mosley didn't come to win. He came to last the 12. At least against Floyd he threw punches in the second. What the hell happened here? Ran and held all night.

3. If "that" Manny fights Floyd he will be torn apart across 12 rounds.

4. What was going on with Freddie Roach? He was a peripheral figure in Manny's corner throughout and looked nearly in tears before the start? Has he quit? Manny still needs him.

5. Bob Arum is an awful matchmaker for Manny. This was an awful awful fight. That man has single handedly managed to tarnish what was going on for an excellent legacy. This fight was a disgrace. It adds little to Manny's legacy and provides Arum with a fat payday. If he fights again - and that's a big if - JMM or Khan/Bradley. No-one else.

-----------------------

So where now? Preferably retirement for Sugar Shane.

Preferably retirement for Manny Pacquiao.

He will know if he trained properly for this fight. He will know whether he was distracted for this fight. However - age catches up with us all. If he has lost his speed - he's lost everything. He won't "outbox" in terms of pure boxing most other fighters out there - he has to overwhelm fighters with his speed. If his speed has gone - he has to go gracefully.

So - questions.

Can Manny still pick up the pace? Has time caught up with him or was this just a "clash of styles"?

For me - if time has caught up with him - retirement beckons.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion Empty Re: Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 6:04 am

DAVE667 wrote:Made me long for the heady days of Hopkins/Calzaghe!!!

Off to bed, no further comment to make on that snore-fest except to say that Mayweather should sign to fight Manny IMMEDIATELY

I agree, he should.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 6:08 am

Pacquiao won every round tonight and he will be every boxer from 154lbs downwards.

Shane did not come to fight, or the fight was knocked out of him in the 3rd.

Marquez next.

And if Mayweather wants it, he just has sign the contract.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 6:09 am

What do people make of Manny knocking Shane down like that.

How would you rank his power

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 08 May 2011, 6:16 am

It was a pure stinker.

Reminded me of the Clottey fight a little.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotto89 Sun 08 May 2011, 7:23 am

Don't really know what people expected from Mosley...I mean he hardly threw against Mayweather so his stamina was hardly gonna get better was it?

If I was Mayweather i'd be drooling right now. Manny was there to be countered all night long but Shane wasn't throwing back which is disappointing because a younger version of Shane would have stopped Manny tonight.

Also D4, I felt the knock down was more because they were quick punches and Mosley obviously doesn't have the reflexes to avoid these punches or counter them like he used to. But obviously he was hurt.

But I also think he was hurting against Mayweather throughout they're fight so... Rolling Eyes

Cotto89

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotto89 Sun 08 May 2011, 7:27 am

Yes hopefully!!

Manny had NO IDEA how to deal with Shane.

Mayweather would box him into tomorrow!!

I have the feeling that Manny or Roach are gonna come out with some stupid excuse as to why he struggled against Shane tho!

Cotto89

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 7:51 am

On this showing Manny hasn't got a chance against Floyd.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion Empty "SHOT-WORN" SHAME MOSTLY....

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 08 May 2011, 8:13 am

Please,please,please RETIRE. You are becoming a JOKE. I am MIFFED because once again just like I did in the Haye v Harrison fight I have forked out hard earned money on a so called "must see, blockbuster fight". How many times has boxing let me down these past few years? Fight after fight has been a total joke. Mosley promised a lot in this fight and produced very little, but why am I surprised, he promised to ko Pink Floyd and never came close. Against Mora he was poor but I believed for some reason that he would show up for the midget but he has embarrissed himself. Time to go Shane, you have had a great career but you're body is telling you to put your feet up. From now on I will only watch the fight card as ARCE AND vASQUEZ produced the goods tonight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 8:27 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Please,please,please RETIRE. You are becoming a JOKE. I am MIFFED because once again just like I did in the Haye v Harrison fight I have forked out hard earned money on a so called "must see, blockbuster fight". How many times has boxing let me down these past few years? Fight after fight has been a total joke. Mosley promised a lot in this fight and produced very little, but why am I surprised, he promised to ko Pink Floyd and never came close. Against Mora he was poor but I believed for some reason that he would show up for the midget but he has embarrissed himself. Time to go Shane, you have had a great career but you're body is telling you to put your feet up. From now on I will only watch the fight card as ARCE AND vASQUEZ produced the goods tonight.

You paid for this???

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 08 May 2011, 8:30 am

I did and I am genuine when I say I am upset. This is not the first time boxing's main event failed to sparkle.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 8:32 am

"Best training camp EVER".

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 8:34 am

BALTIMORA wrote:"Best training camp EVER".

I wonder what the excuses will be? Cramping up?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 8:34 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I did and I am genuine when I say I am upset. This is not the first time boxing's main event failed to sparkle.

I take it you are not in the UK then?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 08 May 2011, 8:36 am

nope

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 8:46 am

azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:"Best training camp EVER".

I wonder what the excuses will be? Cramping up?

Car accident.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by beastfromthesoutheast Sun 08 May 2011, 8:54 am

From Dan Rafael's column: "He came back to the corner after the fourth round with a left leg muscle cramp," trainer Freddie Roach said. "He had no leverage to move after that. It was a very gutsy performance because of the handicap with his leg."

Said Pacquiao: "I couldn't move because my left leg got tight. It's a problem I have been having lately. I will work on that with my team. I told my corner I was having problems moving."

Just about to watch the replay, glad I didn't stay up for it after reading your comments

beastfromthesoutheast

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 8:56 am

So, Pacquiao's legs have gone eh? He definitely won't want to fight Mayweather now then.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 9:32 am

It seems Pac was concerned about SSM's boxing ability so we didn't get to see the whirlwind performance we have been used to. That being the case, how will he cope with Floyd's better skills, far better accuracy and supreme counter punching ability.

Not very well imo. Pac is still all too easy to hit.

Naz said that Mayweather has Pac's ticket. I have to agree with him on this performance.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 9:35 am

azania wrote:It seems Pac was concerned about SSM's boxing ability so we didn't get to see the whirlwind performance we have been used to. That being the case, how will he cope with Floyd's better skills, far better accuracy and supreme counter punching ability.

Naz said that Mayweather has Pac's ticket. I have to agree with him on this performance.

Must be true if 'brother' Naz said it. After all, we know how someone was proclaiming Naz's every word as gospel when he was praising Pacquiao...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 9:39 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:It seems Pac was concerned about SSM's boxing ability so we didn't get to see the whirlwind performance we have been used to. That being the case, how will he cope with Floyd's better skills, far better accuracy and supreme counter punching ability.

Must be true if 'brother' Naz said it. After all, we know how someone was proclaiming Naz's every word as gospel when he was praising Pacquiao...

Sorry, I meant Prince Naz.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 9:43 am

azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Ah PRINCE Naz. Someone just breathed a sigh of relief. Glad I didn't stay up.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 9:48 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Ah PRINCE Naz. Someone just breathed a sigh of relief. Glad I didn't stay up.

Neither did I. I sky+ the thing and saw the fight in 15 minutes. Was still bored. I should sue Arum and ask him for that 15 minutes back.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 9:48 am

I bet Floyd is happy he saw Lady Gaga instead.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 9:51 am

I'll catch it on YouTube , I'm not in any rush. From what I've read about it so far it was an anti-climax which just underlines how shot Mosley is. Lot of calls for him to call it a day. No doubt the resident Pacquiao ball-licker will tell us it was an epic struggle.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 9:52 am

azania wrote:I bet Floyd is happy he saw Lady Gaga instead.

Ha! Yeah, I'd have chosen that option too. Although, I'm one of the very few who thinks she's worth ploughing the back out of, or so it seems.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 9:54 am

BALTIMORA wrote:I'll catch it on YouTube , I'm not in any rush. From what I've read about it so far it was an anti-climax which just underlines how shot Mosley is. Lot of calls for him to call it a day. No doubt the resident Pacquiao ball-licker will tell us it was an epic struggle.

I think he will unless his missus says otherwise.

Pac seemed not to know what to do. He landed his best punches with his head. I reckon that affected SSM more that Pac's punches.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 9:54 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:I bet Floyd is happy he saw Lady Gaga instead.

Ha! Yeah, I'd have chosen that option too. Although, I'm one of the very few who thinks she's worth ploughing the back out of, or so it seems.

Ha. I'd root her out too. Fine rear she defends.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 9:59 am

Hagler Mugabi seems to come to mind for reason

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:03 am

Wow. I've just seen some of the highlights. I've not seen either guy look so bad, I don't think. Mosley looked prehistoric, flat-footed...just incredibly poor. Even so, Pacquiao seemed like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Shane needs to retire. He looked painfully ponderous. Pacquiao looked scrappy, sloppy. Was the whole fight this bad?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 08 May 2011, 10:05 am

A few observations from that fight:

1. Sugar Shane didn't help the spectacle, totally stank the place out, with seemingly his only gear being reverse.

2. Manny needs to stop being so damn NICE! after that incorrect knockdown call he started fighting with that old demonic look in his eye and the fire in his belly, but upto then it was like a spar with an old pal. I'd like to think if a mayweather fight were to materialise then that anger would be there from the off after the disrespect floyd has shown him.

3. He wasn't anywhere near as active as usual, if the leg problem is true then fair enough, it's not easy with a slight handicap, but if it is simply a case of father time catching up with him then he has to retire as his primary weapon will be somewhat blunted.

4. Not sure people should judge a potential mayweather fight purely based on this display. It's his first stinker for a while now (in terms of his own performance), and an opponent looking to just survive is never easy to get to cleanly and regularly. Bit of a style clash really.

Overall though, rather disappointed and it'll be interesting to see any comments coming from the pacquaio camp in the next few days.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:13 am

I've just been reading a few articles on boxingscene. Arum's blaming Mosley for the booing, Roach is calling for Mosley to retire and Pacquiao's making excuses for his inability to catch and/or finish Mosley. That's a bit different from what they were saying last week. What a farce this whole debacle has been.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 10:16 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Wow. I've just seen some of the highlights. I've not seen either guy look so bad, I don't think. Mosley looked prehistoric, flat-footed...just incredibly poor. Even so, Pacquiao seemed like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Shane needs to retire. He looked painfully ponderous. Pacquiao looked scrappy, sloppy. Was the whole fight this bad?

Those were the best bits. It got worse.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:18 am

azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Wow. I've just seen some of the highlights. I've not seen either guy look so bad, I don't think. Mosley looked prehistoric, flat-footed...just incredibly poor. Even so, Pacquiao seemed like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Shane needs to retire. He looked painfully ponderous. Pacquiao looked scrappy, sloppy. Was the whole fight this bad?

Seriously? I mean I know the booing is gonna be blamed on Mosley, but what happened to 'Pacquiao's fights are always exciting because Pacquiao has an exciting style'?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 10:27 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:

Seriously? I mean I know the booing is gonna be blamed on Mosley, but what happened to 'Pacquiao's fights are always exciting because Pacquiao has an exciting style'?

All praise is due to Manny. All boos are due to Mosley (or whoever Pac's opponent is if the fight is a stinker).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 08 May 2011, 10:31 am

OK Baltimora/Azania, you pair are boring me senseless now. Can we please just discuss the fight without taking cheap shots? I have made a few points above but rather than bother responding to any of those, you have been busy massaging each others egos and, as I say, taking cheap shots at any opportunity. How about a nice, balanced summary from each of you? Although I have my doubts that you are capable.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:33 am

Fists of Fury wrote:OK Baltimora/Azania, you pair are boring me senseless now. Can we please just discuss the fight without taking cheap shots? I have made a few points above but rather than bother responding to any of those, you have been busy massaging each others egos and, as I say, taking cheap shots at any opportunity. How about a nice, balanced summary from each of you? Although I have my doubts that you are capable.

Pardon? Give it a rest.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 10:33 am

Fists of Fury wrote:OK Baltimora/Azania, you pair are boring me senseless now. Can we please just discuss the fight without taking cheap shots? I have made a few points above but rather than bother responding to any of those, you have been busy massaging each others egos and, as I say, taking cheap shots at any opportunity. How about a nice, balanced summary from each of you? Although I have my doubts that you are capable.

Like pointing out the following

a) It was a joke of a fight against an opponent clearly past his best and coming off a loss and draw
b) Highlights that Pacquiao is clueless when his opponent isn't coming straight to him and any sign of defence has him confused
c) As soon as Pacquiao puts in a lacklustre performance it's his opponents fault among various other excuses

There really is very little to discuss

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 08 May 2011, 10:34 am

My point is proven...incapable.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:36 am

There you go grandad, that's what I thought. I've not seen the farce yet, because I went to bed. From the sound of things I chose wisely. I've stated what my first impressions are, so what's your gripe? Your points are very valid, but give the superiority complex a break.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 08 May 2011, 10:38 am

No superiority complex about it, Balti. I am just a bit tired of every thread descending into the same nonsense whereby either Mayweather or Pacquaio must be slagged off at all costs. Discuss the fight, move on to another thread. Why is there need for the mud slinging?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 10:40 am

Fists of Fury wrote:No superiority complex about it, Balti. I am just a bit tired of every thread descending into the same nonsense whereby either Mayweather or Pacquaio must be slagged off at all costs. Discuss the fight, move on to another thread. Why is there need for the mud slinging?

What do you want discussed, i've made some points I feel are valid do you wish to debate them or just going to carry on crying like a baby?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 08 May 2011, 10:42 am

It makes me laugh at the excuses for Manny's performance i.e. car crash and leg cramp etc!

I was shocked there were no excuses in Manny's training this time as they usually plant the seed just in case he loses but not surprising a few came out.

The talk of cramp is rubbish, Manny looked pretty quick and nimble after he was pushed in the 10th and it was merely he was frustrated that he couldn't hit Mosley like he thought and was misses an awful lot.

Mayweather would just toy with Manny by the middle rounds.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 08 May 2011, 10:43 am

Might Atom, this doesn't concern you. You have made your points, but my issue is with the EXACT same put-downs being used by Balti and Azania that they use on every single Pacquaio thread, it is rather tiresome. All I am trying to say is that it is becoming very tedious after reading it over and over and over. Yes, we get your opinion, but you don't need to wage a crusade across the board.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 10:44 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:

Like pointing out the following

a) It was a joke of a fight against an opponent clearly past his best and coming off a loss and draw
b) Highlights that Pacquiao is clueless when his opponent isn't coming straight to him and any sign of defence has him confused
c) As soon as Pacquiao puts in a lacklustre performance it's his opponents fault among various other excuses

There really is very little to discuss

That really sums it all up for me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:48 am

Fists of Fury wrote:No superiority complex about it, Balti. I am just a bit tired of every thread descending into the same nonsense whereby either Mayweather or Pacquaio must be slagged off at all costs. Discuss the fight, move on to another thread. Why is there need for the mud slinging?

I'm sick of the nonsense too, but where Mr Pacquiao and Mr Mayweather are concerned that's all we're gonna get. I've not seen this fight so I can't comment with absolute authority, but from watching some highlights (if they can he called that) and reading a variety of sources, this fight delivered exactly what was expected: a non-performance from Shane Mosley.

As Atom has already pointed out; there's not much to discuss about last night's shambles.

Last thing: there's a difference between incapable and uninterested.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 08 May 2011, 10:50 am

I realise that people do it to counter a certain someones bias yes, but that certain someone hasn't even added to this thread, yet you seem to have laid the groundworks already!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 10:50 am

I gave my opinion above. Careful, considered and balanced. Here it is:
It seems Pac was concerned about SSM's boxing ability so we didn't get to see the whirlwind performance we have been used to. That being the case, how will he cope with Floyd's better skills, far better accuracy and supreme counter punching ability.

Naz said that Mayweather has Pac's ticket. I have to agree with him on this performance..

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 10:52 am

Fists of Fury wrote:I realise that people do it to counter a certain someones bias yes, but that certain someone hasn't even added to this thread, yet you seem to have laid the groundworks already!

Everyone who has given an opinion on this thread has said much the same thng. Atom said it the best imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next