The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Manny v Mosley discussion

+41
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
The Galveston Giant
Davie
Boxtthis
joeyjojo618
HumanWindmill
talkingpickle
eddyfightfan
Kay Fabe
skidd1
AlexHuckerby
David Tails
dangerous_mouse
licence_007
Youarethegreatest
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TRUSSMAN66
MickeyGoldmill
Lumbering_Jack
ArchBritishchris
Rowley
Bob
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AdZacO
pacman79
hitmansam
Scottrf
wow_junky
coxy0001
Valero's Conscience
Fists of Fury
Imperial Ghosty
beastfromthesoutheast
BALTIMORA
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
Cotto89
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
D4thincarnation
oxring
45 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 3 Empty Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2011, 5:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Made me long for the heady days of Hopkins/Calzaghe!!!

Off to bed, no further comment to make on that snore-fest except to say that Mayweather should sign to fight Manny IMMEDIATELY

Last edited by Hero on Sun 08 May 2011, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thouhgt it best to contain all post fight articles in one thread with a title that explains that)

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 12:41 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Barrera 1 was a brilliant win no two ways about it, he went on to post 6 good wins in a row after that fight before losing to Marquez, he may have been past his absolute best but wasn't on a downward slide. Tend to agree to some extent about the Morales wins where the best version he faced he lost to and having seen him lose to Raheem it's impossible to suggest he was anywhere near his best, seemed to get old very very quickly.

By definition if you are past your best you are on the downslide.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 12:46 pm

hitmansam wrote:It was Pacquiao's job to hunt Mosley down and take him out. The fact Mosley was using movement to offset Pacquiao's work is hardly a surprise. At nearly 40-years-old, Mosley is over-the-hill and came for the payday. So what if Mosley came to survive, I give him credit for lasting the distance and coming back from a heavy knockdown. In line with Froch-Dirrell, the onus was on Froch to pinpoint Dirrell - he, like Pacquiao, failed.

Pacquiao isn't unbeatable. Had Cotto fought a similar fight to Mosley he would have had more success because Cotto would have actually countered as opposed to just doing nothing like Mosley.

Pacquiao also has the style to cause Mayweather problems in line with Judah did. Pac-May looks like a 50/50 fight.

ACtually I believe its the challenger's job to yank the title off the champion. SSM did or could not do that. His antics didn't make for a great fight or even a marginally entertaining fight. But I was surprised as to how hesitant Pac seemed. Perhaps he was preparing for Floyd where he will have to be very careful when he launches his attacks.

He will cause Floyd problems for the first 2 rounds or so before Floyd posts a shut out. JMM laid out the blueprint on how to beat Pac. Pity he is now too old and small to do it when and if they fight. It would be interesting what weight they fight at.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 12:49 pm

Not by definition no, being on the slide suggests it's a continuous thing which Barreras decline was not, he was slightly past his best but wasn't getting progressively worse.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sun 08 May 2011, 12:50 pm

Pacquiao isn't the same fighter who fought Marquez. And yes, it's the challengers role to beat the champ decisively but Mosley was in survival mode after the knockdown and literally gave up on trying to win. It was Pacquaio's job to get him out of there. He didn't do it.

I reckon Pac has a decent chance against Mayweather. I've seen Mayweather troubled by guys like Chavez, Castillo, Judah and De La Hoya. Pac is on another level. I see it as a genuine 50/50 fight but the result wouldn't surprise me either way.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 08 May 2011, 12:52 pm

Pac charges in with a right hook and coupled with his poor footwork ohe is suspect to the counter left, argubly mayweathers money punch. He should have closed the distance and fought at a high tempo. Although mosley was negative, I think manny was also. He seemed to fear mosleys right. If he wanted to win by KO he had to make a risk. Manny couldn't find him too often desire mosley nit being much of a defensive fighter.

MAB is definately Mannys best win to date. The only thing tht could taint it was the factthat junior jones had his number before the pacquiao fight but it was a few years earlier. Manny has also less than impressed me from lightweight up. The thing is that cotto, oscar and hatton are seen as some of mannys best wins. Marquez would surpass those but the results were unfair.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 12:55 pm

hitmansam wrote:Pacquiao isn't the same fighter who fought Marquez. And yes, it's the challengers role to beat the champ decisively but Mosley was in survival mode after the knockdown and literally gave up on trying to win. It was Pacquaio's job to get him out of there. He didn't do it.

I reckon Pac has a decent chance against Mayweather. I've seen Mayweather troubled by guys like Chavez, Castillo, Judah and De La Hoya. Pac is on another level. I see it as a genuine 50/50 fight but the result wouldn't surprise me either way.

The Judah fight is the only one that's relevant to Pacquiao and seeing how Mayweather adapted so quickly don't think we'll see a speedy southpaw troubling him again, Judah while inferior to Pacquiao overall was quicker and more accurate with his punching. The others used their strength to try and disrupt Mayweather which with the exception of Castillo 1 didn't work out too well.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 12:56 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Not by definition no, being on the slide suggests it's a continuous thing which Barreras decline was not, he was slightly past his best but wasn't getting progressively worse.

Its either he was on the slide getting worse or he had plateaued out. Being on the slide suggests he was not as good as he once was. The pace of his slide was slow. But he was off his peak.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 12:59 pm

Being on the slide means you are going downwards, he'd dropped from his top level but wasn't on the slide, after the Pacquiao fight he went on to post some of his best wins and was probably in the form of his life.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:01 pm

hitmansam wrote:Pacquiao isn't the same fighter who fought Marquez. And yes, it's the challengers role to beat the champ decisively but Mosley was in survival mode after the knockdown and literally gave up on trying to win. It was Pacquaio's job to get him out of there. He didn't do it.

I dont blame Pac for the lack of specatacle. We have been spoilt with his exciting fights. SSM made him look bad and he didn't throw many punches. He was on defensive mode all night long as you say. Pac didn't take him out of there because he couldn't. He lacks the skill and boxing intelligence to change styles imo. If SSM can make him look bad without throwing punches, lord help him when he gets into the ring against a more ellusive Mayweather who will throw more accurate punches. I dont even think Floyd needs a warm up to beat Pac.

Floyd can adapt mid fight. Pac cannot. 80/20 Floyd for me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 1:01 pm

Az there's a difference though between on the slide and a blip on the plateau.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:03 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Being on the slide means you are going downwards, he'd dropped from his top level but wasn't on the slide, after the Pacquiao fight he went on to post some of his best wins and was probably in the form of his life.

Semantics. He wasn't at his peak. That is the point.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:04 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:

The Judah fight is the only one that's relevant to Pacquiao and seeing how Mayweather adapted so quickly don't think we'll see a speedy southpaw troubling him again, Judah while inferior to Pacquiao overall was quicker and more accurate with his punching. The others used their strength to try and disrupt Mayweather which with the exception of Castillo 1 didn't work out too well.

Spot on. But look what happened when he rematched Castillo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 08 May 2011, 1:04 pm

azania wrote:If SSM can make him look bad without throwing punches, lord help him when he gets into the ring against a more ellusive Mayweather who will throw more accurate punches. I dont even think Floyd needs a warm up to beat Pac.

If only Floyd was as confident as you.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:05 pm

azania wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Being on the slide means you are going downwards, he'd dropped from his top level but wasn't on the slide, after the Pacquiao fight he went on to post some of his best wins and was probably in the form of his life.

Semantics. He wasn't at his peak. That is the point.

Marginally past his best possibly but you'll find it hard to ever find a match up between two boxers at their absolute best

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:06 pm

Scotty, have you posted a list on my flyweights thread, got a tie for 8th and need some votes til there's a winner

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 08 May 2011, 1:07 pm

Na mate, give me a while, just watching the end of PF.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:07 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Az there's a difference though between on the slide and a blip on the plateau.

The point I'm trying to make is that MAB was not at his peak when he lost to Pac. As has been said, Pac's wins look very good on paper. The Ledwaba and MAB wins are his best and are great wins by any stretch of the imagination. Do we rank him as an ATG for those wins? If so, we may as well add Junior Jones.

Hatton was a great win also. But another of Floyd's leftovers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:08 pm

Scottrf wrote:
azania wrote:If SSM can make him look bad without throwing punches, lord help him when he gets into the ring against a more ellusive Mayweather who will throw more accurate punches. I dont even think Floyd needs a warm up to beat Pac.

If only Floyd was as confident as you.

I reckon he is more confident judging by what he says.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:08 pm

azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Az there's a difference though between on the slide and a blip on the plateau.

The point I'm trying to make is that MAB was not at his peak when he lost to Pac. As has been said, Pac's wins look very good on paper. The Ledwaba and MAB wins are his best and are great wins by any stretch of the imagination. Do we rank him as an ATG for those wins? If so, we may as well add Junior Jones.

Can't face unbeaten fighters all the time, 95% of the time they'll have a loss at some point

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 08 May 2011, 1:09 pm

azania wrote:I reckon he is more confident judging by what he says.
Judge a man on what he does, not what he says.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:12 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:
azania wrote:

Can't face unbeaten fighters all the time, 95% of the time they'll have a loss at some point

True. But the pattern of attempting oneupmanship is childish and selling a fight between him and an ancient SSM is farcical. Calling out an old JMM once again is style over substance. Why not call out Diaz? Even Berto (after all he is coming off a loss and therefore qualifies). As much as I like and admire JMM, if Katz can deck him at lightweight, Pac keeps him there at WW.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:13 pm

Scottrf wrote:

If Floyd's opponent had agreed to random tests (as SSM did) then we would all know by now. Everything else was agreed but for some unknown reason Pac declined. But that is for another thread.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:14 pm

With the exception of Mayweather I don't really see who Pacquiao should have fought instead of who he has faced, Berto instead of Mosley possibly but thats about it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 08 May 2011, 1:14 pm

azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

If Floyd's opponent had agreed to random tests (as SSM did) then we would all know by now.
We don't know that. He said he would need 60/40, I'm not confident there wouldn't be another roadblock.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 1:15 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:With the exception of Mayweather I don't really see who Pacquiao should have fought instead of who he has faced, Berto instead of Mosley possibly but thats about it.

Sadly it's not that strong a division. Both fighters were poor last night. Mosley only looked interested in going the distance and Pac looked worried about Mosleys power.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:16 pm

If Mayweather hadn't asked for testing in the first place the fight may have happened, it's the egos of the PAIR of them that stopped it happening not the specific actions of one or the other.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:17 pm

Scottrf wrote:
azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

If Floyd's opponent had agreed to random tests (as SSM did) then we would all know by now.
We don't know that. He said he would need 60/40, I'm not confident there wouldn't be another roadblock.

Initially they both agreed on a 50/50 split. The last obstacle was the juice test.

Oh there will be another road block. But the fight will happen. They both know it and for $50m I'd fight them in a handicap match.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 1:20 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:If Mayweather hadn't asked for testing in the first place the fight may have happened, it's the egos of the PAIR of them that stopped it happening not the specific actions of one or the other.

Think you'reright mate both are used to being the main man in negotiations and making all the stipulations for their fights. They don't seem to want to back down on anything which is a shame.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 1:30 pm

"I just fought the best fighter in the world. He has exceptional power. I've never been hit like that before." - Shane Mosley

For all those who never rated Pacquiao's power at welterweight.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 08 May 2011, 1:32 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:For all those who never rated Pacquiao's power at welterweight.
It only counts as evidence when someone like Solis says Gamboa hits harder than Pacquiao, you should know that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:34 pm

Shame he wasn't good enough to end the fight then and think it's widely accepted a 39 year old is going to feel punches more than when he's in his 20's

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 1:34 pm

Scottrf wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:For all those who never rated Pacquiao's power at welterweight.
It only counts as evidence when someone like Solis says Gamboa hits harder than Pacquiao, you should know that.

My bad Doh

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 1:36 pm

When I was watching the fight last night, I did thing Pacquiao movement was bellow par. His little side to side movement, did not seem to be there.

It makes sense now that he injured his leg.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 08 May 2011, 1:36 pm

Az - you're wumming. Stop it.

Manny is not a hype job. Anyone who says so is either an idiot or a WUM.

Manny's opposition as a fighter has been streets ahead of anything that Floyd has fought. The fact that we're still talking about Collazo shows how disappointing Floyd's career has been - its easy to look a million dollars if you're not fighting decent opponents. Your "too many question marks" is a pretty ignorant posts. there's been catchweight fights since the dawn of time - although I appreciate that your boxing history is a bit patchy - you should notice that there's been catchweights throughout boxing history. You complain about the extra pound against Cotto - but Sugar Ray Robbo was far more "divalike" than Manny's team have ever been with making advantages. Including demanding an opponent take a dive the first time around before they fight again. No-one questions SRRs status as an ATG - nor should they. You mention ODLH - which is stupid, given that ODLH PICKED manny. All the advantages that Manny had in that fight - were chosen by Oscar and his team. He ballsed it up and was destroyed.

Furthermore re: tailormade for Floyd - that's balls. If he was so "tailormade" the fight would have happened by now. What a win for Floyd - legacy enhancing, huge money. Yet he hasn't done much to make the fight. And he's currently negotiating with Ortiz. If only he shared your misplaced confidence.

There is a much more serious issue that Manny seems to have slowed down. Margarito was a mighty impressive performance - against a guy who outweighed him by a stone - but plasterhands was there to be hit - and Manny only hit him in bursts. Manny against Cotto was buzzsaw like throughout. Against Mosley - he only turned it on for a couple of rounds. If Manny'd fought Berto - he'd have destroyed him in a much better fight.

Manny and Roach will know if he can still pull the trigger. I'm not sure he can anymore. If he can't - he has to retire.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 1:40 pm

"I was pretty hurt. I was pretty stunned. It surprised me, because I didn't think that it was a big shot when he threw it. But Manny Pacquiao was very strong," said Mosley of Pacquiao's left hand that floored him. "That was a great shot, and I definitely felt it and went down.

PARIS HILTON SAID: I thought it was a great fight. I wanted to be up here (on the dais) with Manny and his wife, they are a beautiful couple.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:43 pm

Would disagree that Mannys opposition is streets ahead of Mayweathers Oxy but would agree it's slightly better, not much in it in reality.

I do think Pacquiao's style is perfect for Mayweather but for whatever reason the fight has never happened and both are to blame for that, if either really wanted the fight it would have happened but a lose for either would be the defining moment in their career, as it stands there will always be a what if factor rather than you lost your biggest fight factor.

I don't rate the Margarito performance at all, he was facing someone who had recently been obliterated by a past his best Mosley, the only redeeming factor that fight had was the size which in itself doesn't make it a great performance.

As for D4 jumping straight onto the leg injury issue why have you never used Mayweathers apparent injury against Castillo as a factor for his sub par performance?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 1:45 pm

What do you think Manny was saying to Shane in the fight?

"Stop running Shane"

What is about Pacquiao that turns an agressive come forward fighter who love to fight into to someone that is just happy to survive.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:46 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Would disagree that Mannys opposition is streets ahead of Mayweathers Oxy but would agree it's slightly better, not much in it in reality.

I do think Pacquiao's style is perfect for Mayweather but for whatever reason the fight has never happened and both are to blame for that, if either really wanted the fight it would have happened but a lose for either would be the defining moment in their career, as it stands there will always be a what if factor rather than you lost your biggest fight factor.

I don't rate the Margarito performance at all, he was facing someone who had recently been obliterated by a past his best Mosley, the only redeeming factor that fight had was the size which in itself doesn't make it a great performance.

As for D4 jumping straight onto the leg injury issue why have you never used Mayweathers apparent injury against Castillo as a factor for his sub par performance?

Good grief. It certainly comes to something when I agree 100% with Atom on any boxing related issue and post.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:47 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:What do you think Manny was saying to Shane in the fight?

"Stop running Shane"

What is about Pacquiao that turns an agressive come forward fighter who love to fight into to someone that is just happy to survive.

Didn't show that aggressive nature against either Mayweather or Mora did he, so it's not specifically Pacquiao that made him do that but please carry on with your 'I love you Manny' campaign, not at all tiresome

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 1:48 pm

oxring wrote:Az - you're wumming. Stop it.

Manny's opposition as a fighter has been streets ahead of anything that Floyd has fought. The fact that we're still talking about Collazo shows how disappointing Floyd's career has been - its easy to look a million dollars if you're not fighting decent opponents. Your "too many question marks" is a pretty ignorant posts. there's been catchweight fights since the dawn of time - although I appreciate that your boxing history is a bit patchy - you should notice that there's been catchweights throughout boxing history. You complain about the extra pound against Cotto - but Sugar Ray Robbo was far more "divalike" than Manny's team have ever been with making advantages. Including demanding an opponent take a dive the first time around before they fight again. No-one questions SRRs status as an ATG - nor should they. You mention ODLH - which is stupid, given that ODLH PICKED manny. All the advantages that Manny had in that fight - were chosen by Oscar and his team. He ballsed it up and was destroyed.

Furthermore re: tailormade for Floyd - that's balls. If he was so "tailormade" the fight would have happened by now. What a win for Floyd - legacy enhancing, huge money. Yet he hasn't done much to make the fight. And he's currently negotiating with Ortiz. If only he shared your misplaced confidence.

There is a much more serious issue that Manny seems to have slowed down. Margarito was a mighty impressive performance - against a guy who outweighed him by a stone - but plasterhands was there to be hit - and Manny only hit him in bursts. Manny against Cotto was buzzsaw like throughout. Against Mosley - he only turned it on for a couple of rounds. If Manny'd fought Berto - he'd have destroyed him in a much better fight.

Manny and Roach will know if he can still pull the trigger. I'm not sure he can anymore. If he can't - he has to retire.

He isn't a hype job but his record isn't that much better than Floyds. It is better but not by as much as you seem to be suggesting.

You seem to be blaming Floyd for the fight not happening but both have put a stop to it on seperate occasions. How can you blame one unless you are actually being a WUM.

Last edited by prettyboykev on Sun 08 May 2011, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:49 pm

Oxy, Azania, D4 post your flyweight lists NOW

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 1:49 pm

Floyd was throwing his punches with out any ill affect. You can tell if someone has a rotator cuff injury.

Pacquiao movement was well bellow par last night, and he has the best footwork in boxing.

It doesn't surprise me he injured his foot

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:49 pm

Oxy, Azania, D4 post your flyweight lists NOW

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 1:50 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Floyd was throwing his punches with out any ill affect. You can tell if someone has a rotator cuff injury.

Pacquiao movement was well bellow par last night, and he has the best footwork in boxing.

I think Gamboa has better footwork and looks quicker than Manny as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 1:50 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Floyd was throwing his punches with out any ill affect. You can tell if someone has a rotator cuff injury.

Nice to see your as objective as ever, an injury is an excuse for one but not the other, what a surprise and the Admin team wonder why we want them to get rid of you

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 08 May 2011, 1:52 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
"I just fought the best fighter in the world. He has exceptional power. I've never been hit like that before." - Shane Mosley

For all those who never rated Pacquiao's power at welterweight.

Yup. Shane speaketh the truth. He's not just justifying his appalling efforts in a huge fight bu saying he was overwhelmed from the opening bell.

Bruce Seldon said something similar after fighting Tyson.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2011, 1:53 pm

Atom,
Someone contradicting themselves doesnt constitute being banned from the site.
Keep it on topic and civil please.

Last edited by Y I Man on Sun 08 May 2011, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:53 pm

oxring wrote:Az - you're wumming. Stop it.

Ox

Post LW, Manny's fights have all had a rider (Hatton being the exception but he was beaten by Floyd earlier). Yes Oscar chose Manny. Therein lay the start of the Manny hype. Regardless of oscar choosng him (huge error) he was seriously drained. Plus Floyd had already beaten Oscar at his preferred weight. I know which win is more impressive to me.

I agree with Atom's description of Marg fight. Not impressive.

I am aware of the several catchweights. I am critical of Leonard/LaLonde and Oscar/Hop. But fighters go where the money is and take risks accordingly. But it leaves an asterix imo. If the weight didn't affect Cotto, why insist on it. Especially as Roach made mention to the fact that he wanted SSM at 142 years back because he wanted to give his guy an advantage. Imo that is cheating.

Styles make fights. PAc is all action and will force floyd to fight. Floyd has very good footwork and is extremely accurate. Manny therefore, who is often wide open, is made for Floyd. Moreover when countered by floyd, he will be hesitant to go all out. And Manny doesn't have a plan b. At least I haven't seen him utilising a plan b.

No wumming here. Post LW, he is a manufactured champion imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 1:54 pm

When Marquez fought Lopez he was carrying a rotator cuff injury.

He didn't need to tell anyone everyone could see it by the way he was fighting.

No one picked up on Floyd's injury because it didn't exist

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 1:56 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Oxy, Azania, D4 post your flyweight lists NOW

Huh? I dont pay much attention to them. Whether new or oldies.

Sorry count me out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next