The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Manny v Mosley discussion

+41
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
The Galveston Giant
Davie
Boxtthis
joeyjojo618
HumanWindmill
talkingpickle
eddyfightfan
Kay Fabe
skidd1
AlexHuckerby
David Tails
dangerous_mouse
licence_007
Youarethegreatest
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TRUSSMAN66
MickeyGoldmill
Lumbering_Jack
ArchBritishchris
Rowley
Bob
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AdZacO
pacman79
hitmansam
Scottrf
wow_junky
coxy0001
Valero's Conscience
Fists of Fury
Imperial Ghosty
beastfromthesoutheast
BALTIMORA
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
Cotto89
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
D4thincarnation
oxring
45 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 10 Empty Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by Guest Sun 8 May - 5:54

First topic message reminder :

Made me long for the heady days of Hopkins/Calzaghe!!!

Off to bed, no further comment to make on that snore-fest except to say that Mayweather should sign to fight Manny IMMEDIATELY

Last edited by Hero on Sun 8 May - 8:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thouhgt it best to contain all post fight articles in one thread with a title that explains that)

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 8 May - 22:41

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=floyd-mayweather-shane-mosley-compubox

Doesn't make very happy reading for you D4 might want to ignore that link

It shows that Pacquiao nullfied Mosley's offence better than Mayweather.

Not really no, it showed that Mosley had regressed even further yet still connected with the same accuracy, Mayweather also got through his defence far easier than Pacquiao

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 8 May - 22:43

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Manny had a stationary target in Oscar and never looked like putting him down.

Can you imagine what a fighter like Mosely would do to him in his pomp.

Get KO in 6.

A more confident Shane would have gotten blown away. Maybe Shane before he lost his balls would have taking the fight to Pacquiao and in would have ended with Pacquiao blasting him out is 6 rounds.

Hopefully he will work on his leg injury problem and we won't see a reassurance of that in the Marquez fight.

Oh yeah the "leg cramp". Stick that on the list with the blood sampling, the wrong gloves, the wrong socks, stomach ulcers, doing the school run etc etc.

D4 I imagine the wheels of your car fall off everytime you pull over then you jump out and throw a custard pie in someones face.

So much for the "Hagler-Hearns" type fight you were promising everyone last night...

65% ~ 61%. Negligible.

Disappointing fight, but you cannot blame Pacquiao for that, with Mosley doing his Usain Bolt impersonation and then hugging Manny every 5 seconds and when Pacquiao hair would brush Mosley, he would start crying to the ref.

And when Manny did tag him, Shane though it was time to touch gloves.

I agree that Mosley was too negative.

I disagree that pacquiao is completely blameless. He never really took the fight to mosley, he rarely upped the pace throughout the 12 rounds, he was too nicey nicey with Mosley. The whole thing looked more of a sparring match don't you think?

Also pacquiao was flat footed, throwing lots of single shots and missing a lot of his punches. He also didn't show any invention in his work to adapt to mosleys style and unlock it.

Do you not agree it was a fairly poor performance from pacquiao, quite lacklustre?

I criticised Manny for his play nice antics, he could have upped the pace, but he should not have been reckless early.

I don't see it as a poor performance, the guy won every round, put Mosley down, hurt him more than a few time, and never close to being in any trouble at all.

It wasn't a hugely entertaining fight but it did have some bring moments, 3rd, 10th and 11th rounds stand out for me.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 8 May - 22:43

Let me just cut to the chase here. Manny has never fought a slick African American boxer. When he does he loses. His style lends itself for any slick boxer to give him mares.

Has he ever fought a slick boxer? I'd even give the power punching Paulie Malignaggi a decent chance to dance rings around Manny.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 8 May - 22:43

You could be right Atom but one must remember he lost to Hagler and was creaming Barkley before the winning lottery number came up......

Shuler was a quality middle and Hill was a top atg light heavy...

But you're right the higher most weight jumpers go the more fragile they look..

In most cases anyway!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 8 May - 22:45

D4 is right regarding Manny never looked in trouble....Good point.

One can say Holmes never looked in trouble against Muhammad Ali too 8)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 8 May - 22:47

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:D4 is right regarding Manny never looked in trouble....Good point.

Didn't Shane have someone in trouble about a year ago?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 8 May - 22:48

Have the feeling Hagler would have beaten HIM 9 times out of ten regardless of chin, seeing his best shot do next to nothing to him in the first round must have signalled a long hard night was in store

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 8 May - 22:48

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:D4 is right regarding Manny never looked in trouble....Good point.

Well exactly. I could fight a store mannequin, win every round, perhaps with a couple of knockdowns nd never look like I was in any danger (probably). The untrained eye wouldn't know the difference between that and last might's mega-farce... Wink

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 8 May - 22:51

No I think Hearns fought the wrong fight.....Had he used the reach and pole like jab Hagler would have struggled..

However he might have caught up with him later on...

But you are selling tommy a little short in dismissing his chances..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 8 May - 22:54

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=floyd-mayweather-shane-mosley-compubox

Ha ha. Or you could say mayweather made him miss more.

Fact is mosley landed 20% in both fights, but floyd landed 44% to mannys 31%. Manny threw an incredible 250 total punches MORE than mayweather but only landed with 16 more total punches. I find that amazing.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 8 May - 22:54

I just think Hagler is the far better middleweight, once he tasted the power and knew he could take it, it was effectively fight over

Were he around today unified champion 147lbs to 160lbs without doubt, standing a more than decent shout against the 168-175lbers

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 8 May - 22:55

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Fact is mosley landed 20% in both fights, but floyd landed 44% to mannys 31%. Manny threw an incredible 250 total punches MORE than mayweather but only landed with 16 more total punches. I find that amazing.

Same here. Shows the guy's accuracy is second to none.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 8 May - 23:01

BALTIMORA wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Percentages mean nothing, it is what lands that counts. Mosley tagged Mayweather a lot more power punches.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 8 May - 23:03

D4thincarnation wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Percentages mean nothing, it is what lands that counts. Mosley tagged Mayweather a lot more power punches.

Doesn't matter. Mayweather's accuracy is second to none.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 8 May - 23:04

BALTIMORA wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Yep. Laser like accuracy. Manny is more like a scud missile.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 8 May - 23:04

D4 doesn't like those stats because they prove him very very wrong

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 8 May - 23:05

The Mighty Atom wrote:D4 doesn't like those stats because they prove him very very wrong

I don't believe that for a second.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 8 May - 23:09

In fact, if we're talking POWER punches D4, Mosley and Pacquiao landed more in their bout than Mosley and Mayweather in theirs. 50% & 28% compared to 46% & 27%, Mosley being the lower figure.each time. Barely a difference though, and Mayweather still landed something like 44% overall to Pacquiao's 31% overall, or whatever it was-but it WAS in the low 30s. You were saying?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 8 May - 23:17

Pacquiao looked poor. Looked clumsy. Looked awful.

How much better did FMJ look against a younger, more dangerous opponent who didn't just try and survive?

I rest my case. Pacquiao = inferior to FMJ's performance.

End of.

End of.

End of.

Didn't he get booed for his rubbishness as well?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 8 May - 23:24

coxy0001 wrote:Pacquiao looked poor. Looked clumsy. Looked awful.

How much better did FMJ look against a younger, more dangerous opponent who didn't just try and survive?

I rest my case. Pacquiao = inferior to FMJ's performance.

End of.

End of.

End of.

Didn't he get booed for his rubbishness as well?!

Yep, fans were leaving the arena because of their disgust at the performance. The same thing D4 had a wet dream about when people left the Baldomir fight early.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 8 May - 23:37

You're discussing the poster when the poster isn't even around.

Final warning or the thread is being locked.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 8 May - 23:39

oxring wrote:You're discussing the poster when the poster isn't even around.

Are we only allowed to discuss people who are logged on?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 8 May - 23:39

This negativity towards Manny seems a bit hyperbol to be honest, everyone is entitled to an off night and even then he didn't lose a round, he just took it to easy, it feels like people have been waiting for a poor performance just to slate him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 8 May - 23:41

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Actually? Yes. Otherwise its childish and bullying and is contravening the same house rules that you signed up to when you joined the site.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 8 May - 23:42

the-gaffer wrote:This negativity towards Manny seems a bit hyperbol to be honest, everyone is entitled to an off night and even then he didn't lose a round, he just took it to easy, it feels like people have been waiting for a poor performance just to slate him

No gaffer - the negativity towards Manny is actually a reaction towards 1 poster on here - whose hyperbole of Manny's achievments have created a situation where people now would prefer him to lose just so they can laugh at D4.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 8 May - 23:43

Ox, in his defense he's only making a point regarding a previous post about people booing FMJ when he fought Baldomir.....

The wet dream part could've maybe been left out, but it's only a sly dig at a previous statement at the end of the day.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 8 May - 23:44

oxring wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:This negativity towards Manny seems a bit hyperbol to be honest, everyone is entitled to an off night and even then he didn't lose a round, he just took it to easy, it feels like people have been waiting for a poor performance just to slate him
No gaffer - the negativity towards Manny is actually a reaction towards 1 poster on here - whose hyperbole of Manny's achievments have created a situation where people now would prefer him to lose just so they can laugh at D4.
Either way it's sad.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 8 May - 23:45

oxring wrote:

Guess it's got nothing to do with me being bored rigid at 5am this morning then. And i was on live chat on here saying just that.

Poor fight

Poor spectacle

End of.

And that's being a FAN, not because of a POSTER

So don't you dare be so ignorant to suggest otherwise.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 8 May - 23:46

oxring wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Actually? Yes. Otherwise its childish and bullying and is contravening the same house rules that you signed up to when you joined the site.

Hardly bullying is it. Can you really be bullied over the internet by people you dont know?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 8 May - 23:49

What did people enjoy less, this fight or the Clottey shambles that was served up not so long back.

Manny's fights are all about the build up these days, rarely does the fight excite.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 8 May - 23:53

coxy0001 wrote:
oxring wrote:

Guess it's got nothing to do with me being bored rigid at 5am this morning then. And i was on live chat on here saying just that.

Poor fight

Poor spectacle

End of.

It was a dull dull spectacle that I watched as a grey dawn crept over the horizon. And the dawn was more interesting than the boxing.

However - please don't pretend that pulling a shutout over Mosley deserves this level of vitriol that is being thrown at Manny. And don't pretend that the last 2 years, including on old606 of repetitive Manny articles aren't influencing the level of criticism.

People are debating the poster, not the issues. Thats half the problem with the board at the moment - and as an admin team - we'd like it to stop. We've tried encouraging, we've tried the "fresh start" for everyone. Thus far - neither has been a success. What other alternatives are open?

Sly digs at a poster who isn't even online? Cmon.

Oh - and in defence of the boredom of last night's fight - see Charles-Burley II. One of the all time borefests by all accounts - yet still adds to Ezzy's greatness.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 8 May - 23:53

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
oxring wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Hardly bullying is it. Can you really be bullied over the internet by people you dont know?

Technically, you can yes. Although personally I think anyone who allows themselves to be bullied over the internet is probably a bit wet in the head anyway.

I think you make quite a valid point about the build up though. Same old same old soundbites, same old montages, same old clips of Manny with his entourage. It bored me rigid.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 8 May - 23:55

Burley is a different level to Mosley though to be fair oxy and Ezzard can be forgiven anything in my eyes Wink

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 8 May - 23:58

oxring wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
oxring wrote:

Poor fight

Poor spectacle

End of.

It was a dull dull spectacle that I watched as a grey dawn crept over the horizon. And the dawn was more interesting than the boxing.

However - please don't pretend that pulling a shutout over Mosley deserves this level of vitriol that is being thrown at Manny. And don't pretend that the last 2 years, including on old606 of repetitive Manny articles aren't influencing the level of criticism.

People are debating the poster, not the issues. Thats half the problem with the board at the moment - and as an admin team - we'd like it to stop. We've tried encouraging, we've tried the "fresh start" for everyone. Thus far - neither has been a success. What other alternatives are open?

Sly digs at a poster who isn't even online? Cmon.

Oh - and in defence of the boredom of last night's fight - see Charles-Burley II. One of the all time borefests by all accounts - yet still adds to Ezzy's greatness.

Without trying to take the article off topic, it is clear what the problem is and surely the moderation must know this.

I openly admit I WUM a bit, but that is only to even things up. D4, i feel, is also given preferencial treatment. He posts an article slagging off FMJ best win and the article stays, despite the numerous lies he posts. I write an article about Manny and the article is locked and I am subsequently banned by HOBO for saying his moderation style was pathetic...

Everyone should be allowed an opinion, but when the same opinion is rammed down everyones throat for years on end it becomes tiresome. I want to discuss boxing but at least half of all thread end up in a Manny vs Floyd debate because one posted decides to start name calling.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 9 May - 0:02

BALTIMORA wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
oxring wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Technically, you can yes. Although personally I think anyone who allows themselves to be bullied over the internet is probably a bit wet in the head anyway.

I think you make quite a valid point about the build up though. Same old same old soundbites, same old montages, same old clips of Manny with his entourage. It bored me rigid.

Yeah, i've heard the Buboy (spelling?) story numerous times now. Thousands of people following Manny round, talks about how he wants to change the world...

Manny is such a wonderful talent, I just wish he would fight a live fighter. Imagine if he had fought Berto (rather than Mosely) and Williams before he was ko'd by Martinez. I think he would have a legitimate claim for a top 25(ish) spot if he had done that.

Arum is s shrude businessman and Manny is all to happy to be fed punch bags.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 9 May - 0:05

i'll admit i've only seen rounds 2 and 10, but watched one of the team 360 things that D4 posted the other day and mosleys trainer said keep moving left and never stop still and pacquio won't be able to land the power shots and seems he was right. only problem is mosley found a way to defend but not attack. hard fight to look good in. also never seen too boxers touch gloves so many times in a fight. im all for good sportsman ship but looked like the killer instincs werent there for either fighter. glad manny got "knocked down" as i had manny to get knocked down and win the fight with skybet- get in

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 9 May - 9:30

Just some more random observations:

A one sided win it turned out to be. Which everyone said it would be.

It was a poor fight, not the "great one" a few huggers were saying it would be. Another tick for the sensible majority.

Boxing has come out of this badly, CBS obviously crossed it over (in terms of prep hype) onto its mainstream cable channel and then had it on its PPV arm Showtime. A fair few would've watched it.... And probably booed as well at home.

So in summary: Thanks alot Pacquiao for choosing an opponent no-one deemed worthy and had such little left he chose not to turn up. I place the blame firmly at Team Manny's door as this fight should never have gone ahead. Mosley was obviously on a downward spiral and from the first round onwards pitter patted with Manny, can't blame him for not engaging when he had nothing left in his tank to do so.

Talk is that they might drag Kermit Cintron down from 154 to 147. Who hasn't fought at the weight since 2008. Who has a suspect chin. And guess which promotional company he fights under? Yup. Pacquiao and his team should be derided and laughed at even more if he goes down that route.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 9 May - 9:40

Coxy0001: Talk is that they might drag Kermit Cintron down from 154 to 147. Who hasn't fought at the weight since 2008. Who has a suspect chin. And guess which promotional company he fights under? Yup. Pacquiao and his team should be derided and laughed at even more if he goes down that route.
----------
Where have you got that from coxy? I really don't see that happening. I think mannys next opponent will almost certainly be Marquez in the autumn. Then if the mayweather fight still can't be made in 2012 I'd expect to see him face the likes of bradley (he'll never face Ortiz or Khan as arum came out last week and said manny will NOT fight any GBP fighter due to the defamation legal case). Cintron would literally be a joke fight - last I saw of him he was flying through the air like a human cannonball - has he even come back into orbit yet to make a fight?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 9 May - 9:40

Coxy when we getting another weekend review?

Totally agree btw that isn't great for boxing. The fight was always a mismatch. Contronwould be a disgrace. JMM is the fight everyone wants to see. I'm refusing to give Manny any credit for this because Roach got him to duck Mosley 3 years ago because he knew Manny wasn't capable of beating him. They actually waited until he was clearly past it before fighting him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 9 May - 9:44

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Coxy0001: Talk is that they might drag Kermit Cintron down from 154 to 147. Who hasn't fought at the weight since 2008. Who has a suspect chin. And guess which promotional company he fights under? Yup. Pacquiao and his team should be derided and laughed at even more if he goes down that route.
----------
Where have you got that from coxy? I really don't see that happening. I think mannys next opponent will almost certainly be Marquez in the autumn. Then if the mayweather fight still can't be made in 2012 I'd expect to see him face the likes of bradley (he'll never face Ortiz or Khan as arum came out last week and said manny will NOT fight any GBP fighter due to the defamation legal case). Cintron would literally be a joke fight - last I saw of him he was flying through the air like a human cannonball - has he even come back into orbit yet to make a fight?

Rumour mill, has been picked up on a couple of forums.

Just think about the fights that could be made:

Bradley. Not under Top Rank and Arum has already said he's not prepared to let another promoter cash in on his cash cow.

JMM. Free agent (i think). Would be derided just as much as the Mosley fight if they fight @ 147.

Judah. Joke fight. Not in with Top Rank.

Ortiz. Fights with Golden Boy so that obviously can't happen due to Arum's refusal to deal with them.

Cintron. Only Top Rank fighter they've got left to feed Manny.

Personally i can't wait to see who they feed him next. Cue lots of posts about "will be a great fight". Maybe Sugar Ray Leonard will be served up next?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 9 May - 9:45

Has already been covered in parts with this thread, the Arce fight etc etc.

Plus i'm extremely hungover/tired and haven't got the energy.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpickle Mon 9 May - 9:45

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/4/24/2131094/freddie-roach-doesnt-want-kermit-cintron-for-manny-pacquiao

Dont think Roach is up for Kermit. No point in Manny fighting someone who isnt in his league.

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 9 May - 9:53

coxy0001 wrote:

Has already been covered in parts with this thread, the Arce fight etc etc.

Plus i'm extremely hungover/tired and haven't got the energy.

Ducker..... Wink
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 9 May - 9:53

talkingpickle wrote:http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/4/24/2131094/freddie-roach-doesnt-want-kermit-cintron-for-manny-pacquiao

Dont think Roach is up for Kermit. No point in Manny fighting someone who isnt in his league.

Yet he still fought Mosley?

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpickle Mon 9 May - 10:01

Unfortunatley so. I would hope that due to the criticism that both Manny and Mosley received after this fight would teach Team Manny that these fights do nothing for there reputations. Sadly money makes the world go round.

Would be nice to see Floyd vs Manny finally get arranged so we can actually see Manny have a decent test. Sadly i dont think this fight will ever happen and we'll just have these pointless fights with fighters who are past it or not good enough.

Last edited by talkingpickle on Mon 9 May - 10:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change of sentance)

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 9 May - 10:06

talkingpickle wrote:Unfortunatley so. I would hope that due to the criticism that both Manny and Mosley received after this fight would teach Team Manny that these fights do nothing for there reputations. Sadly money makes the world go round.

Would be nice to see Floyd vs Manny finally get arranged so we can actually see Manny have a decent test. Sadly i dont think this fight will ever happen and we'll just have these pointless fights with fighters who are past it or not good enough.

Would be nice if he were to get in with a live opponent though

For all his faults Ortiz stepped up and beat an unbeaten fighter @ 147, not many gave him much of a chance against etc. He's young and earnt the right to face Pacquiao.

What's stopping him going back up to 154 to face Williams? True, he's coming off a one punch KO but that could've happened to anyone. Was competitive with Martinez and on an even keel in their first fight. Oh wait, he's not contracted to Top Rank.

Sadly i can see either JMM having to come up and get battered or Cintron coming down. Both would be a travesty.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpickle Mon 9 May - 10:16

I honestly think Mosley was thinking during the fight 'what the hell am i doing here'.

I expect at his stage of his career Manny and his team are more concerned with making as much money as possible from pointless contests they know he can win instead of setting up fights that provide excitement and a genuine test for him.

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 9 May - 10:29

talkingpickle wrote:I honestly think Mosley was thinking during the fight 'what the hell am i doing here'.

I expect at his stage of his career Manny and his team are more concerned with making as much money as possible from pointless contests they know he can win instead of setting up fights that provide excitement and a genuine test for him.

Especially in the 3rd, Mosley was hurt like never before, and Mosley has a iron chin. Manny has an aura of invincibility about him now.

Top boxers doubt themselves when facing him and he turn attacking confident boxers with pride into frightened men happy just to survive.

There is no one at 147 or lower that can even make a fight difficult for Manny, he has beaten all that is before.

I think after Marquez he should retire, nothing more for the great man to do.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 9 May - 10:32

Especially in the 3rd, Mosley was hurt like never before

You've not seen the Vernon Forrest knockdown, have you?

Don't you dare try and say he was hurt more against Manny, because against Forrest his legs were in utter chicken dance mode and his senses well and truly seperated from his brain.

Argue against that and your opinion on the matter then becomes even more of an irrelevance than it already is.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 9 May - 10:36

talkingpickle wrote:Unfortunatley so. I would hope that due to the criticism that both Manny and Mosley received after this fight would teach Team Manny that these fights do nothing for there reputations. Sadly money makes the world go round.

Arum made the fight because of Mosley's past record of fighting, with his attacking style, but Mosley just feared Pacquiao too much.

Even with Mosley iron chin and huge power he was not willing to go toe to toe with Manny, which many thought would be his best chance of victory.

You have to remember when Pacquiao moved up to welter, there were 4 fighter above him in the rankings. They were Antonio Margarito, Miguel Cotto, Joshua Clottey and Sugar Shane Mosley, and in under 2 years Pacquiao has beating all of them.

What other fighter has done that in recent times?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next