The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Manny v Mosley discussion

+41
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
The Galveston Giant
Davie
Boxtthis
joeyjojo618
HumanWindmill
talkingpickle
eddyfightfan
Kay Fabe
skidd1
AlexHuckerby
David Tails
dangerous_mouse
licence_007
Youarethegreatest
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TRUSSMAN66
MickeyGoldmill
Lumbering_Jack
ArchBritishchris
Rowley
Bob
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AdZacO
pacman79
hitmansam
Scottrf
wow_junky
coxy0001
Valero's Conscience
Fists of Fury
Imperial Ghosty
beastfromthesoutheast
BALTIMORA
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
Cotto89
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
D4thincarnation
oxring
45 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 9 Empty Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2011, 5:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Made me long for the heady days of Hopkins/Calzaghe!!!

Off to bed, no further comment to make on that snore-fest except to say that Mayweather should sign to fight Manny IMMEDIATELY

Last edited by Hero on Sun 08 May 2011, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thouhgt it best to contain all post fight articles in one thread with a title that explains that)

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:02 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Pacquiaos KO % at welterweight: 50%. (33% if you discount Cotto which was at a catchweight. Oscar wasn't KO'D, he quit on his stool. Cotto was 90 seconds from seeing the 12 rounds out when bayliss made a pointlessly late intervention). He's a decent puncher at WW with the speed to causeflash knock downs, but to say he's the biggest puncher at 147 since Hearns is a joke, Tito, Oscar, Mosley, Forrest were all bigger punchers.

RE: Manny being an ATG puncher:

Pacquiao: 38 ko's from 58 fights = 65% KO ratio
Mayweather: 25 ko's from 41 fights = 61% KO ratio

I notice this point was carefully avoided. Is 4% the difference between a non puncher and an ATG puncher?

Look at the type of opponents Manny has put down, some of them have never been stopped or been put down before or since they faced Manny.

Mayweather Has had 1 KO in the past 6 years.

The stats speak for themselves D4, just a 4% difference, not much really between a man you say isn't a puncher and a man you claim is an ATG puncher and the biggest punching welter since hearns. You're quite happy to quote stats when they suit you, well here they are - completely and utterly irrefutable.

No they don't or do you think Brunson is the biggest puncher of all time. The opposition is the most important thing.

Floyd isn't a big puncher and doesn't claim to be. Neither is Manny though he is an accumulative puncher.

Yes he put Mosley down with the first time he really threw with any venom, maybe the jabs softened him up.

Pacquiao is a monster puncher.

Biggest puncher p4p in the world.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post Manny v Mosley discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Post Manny v Mosley discussion

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:03 pm

D4 mentioning Brunson is irrelevant. Mayweather has fought much better opposition. Who had dropped Chico five times before or since Mayweather did? Who stopped Hatton first? Stop avoiding facts when they prove you wrong.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:03 pm

Got to admire you D4 I don't think I've ever seen anyone who can push buttons like you..

Same WUM argument day after day and yet they still fall for it..

good luck to you kid.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Got to admire you D4 I don't think I've ever seen anyone who can push buttons like you..

good luck to you kid.

It is no WUM.

Pacquiao is a huge puncher, how can people not see this and put up crazy arguments like Mayweather has a similar power level.

It will be a sad day in boxing when Pacquiao retires, maybe then some of you will appreciate the talent of a truley great boxer.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 08 May 2011, 10:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Enjoy your hiatus Sweetie????

You honestly think providing facts to this guy is of any use...

Heh heh, short lived Truss - I was peed off last week and couldn't be bothered anymore, but the reality is I love boxing and don't really have anywhere else to discuss it in depth! Hey ho such is life.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by skidd1 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:08 pm

Manny won the fight.Very easily.
Im not great on predicitions but said it 2 years ago as did many others.Cant see who else he could fight though

skidd1

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 10:08 pm

At what point has Pacquiao proved himself to be a bigger puncher at Welterweight than the likes of Mosley, De La Hoya, Quartey, Lopez and many others. Who has he knocked out at the weight?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 10:09 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Got to admire you D4 I don't think I've ever seen anyone who can push buttons like you..

good luck to you kid.

It is no WUM.

Pacquiao is a huge puncher, how can people not see this and put up crazy arguments like Mayweather has a similar power level.

It will be a sad day in boxing when Pacquiao retires, maybe then some of you will appreciate the talent of a truley great boxer.

You mean it will be sad for you when Floyd retires him. When floyd beats him will floyd be the number 1 ATG?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 10:09 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Pacquiaos KO % at welterweight: 50%. (33% if you discount Cotto which was at a catchweight. Oscar wasn't KO'D, he quit on his stool. Cotto was 90 seconds from seeing the 12 rounds out when bayliss made a pointlessly late intervention). He's a decent puncher at WW with the speed to causeflash knock downs, but to say he's the biggest puncher at 147 since Hearns is a joke, Tito, Oscar, Mosley, Forrest were all bigger punchers.

RE: Manny being an ATG puncher:

Pacquiao: 38 ko's from 58 fights = 65% KO ratio
Mayweather: 25 ko's from 41 fights = 61% KO ratio

I notice this point was carefully avoided. Is 4% the difference between a non puncher and an ATG puncher?

Look at the type of opponents Manny has put down, some of them have never been stopped or been put down before or since they faced Manny.

Mayweather Has had 1 KO in the past 6 years.

The stats speak for themselves D4, just a 4% difference, not much really between a man you say isn't a puncher and a man you claim is an ATG puncher and the biggest punching welter since hearns. You're quite happy to quote stats when they suit you, well here they are - completely and utterly irrefutable.

No they don't or do you think Brunson is the biggest puncher of all time. The opposition is the most important thing.

Floyd isn't a big puncher and doesn't claim to be. Neither is Manny though he is an accumulative puncher.

Yes he put Mosley down with the first time he really threw with any venom, maybe the jabs softened him up.

Pacquiao is a monster puncher.

Biggest puncher p4p in the world.

He never landed his jab often enough. Not a massive puncher at all. Not as big a puncher as Martinez. Could make a case for Gamboa as well he has the one punch KO power.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:10 pm

skidd1 wrote:Manny won the fight.Very easily.
Im not great on predicitions but said it 2 years ago as did many others.Cant see who else he could fight though

He has beaten the lot.

Maybe a 3rd fight with Marquez and he probably should retire.

He beat everyone or scared them away.

Nothing left for him to do in boxing.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:11 pm

It'll be a shame when he retires because you'll have nothing to talk about and will probably leave. 606.....

Hence this board's Professor Moriarty will have fallen into the reichenbach falls to be no more....

and I'd miss your subtle manipulation............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 08 May 2011, 10:12 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

good luck to you kid.

It is no WUM.

I appreciate mannys talent D4, but I don't see how you can say floyd isn't a puncher and manny is an ATG puncher when their KO records are 4% different. Either floyd is a bigger puncher than you give him credit for or you are overstating mannys power. It has to be one or the other because the cold, hard statistical FACTS only show a 4% difference, do they not?

Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 08 May 2011, 10:12 pm

Manny had a stationary target in Oscar and never looked like putting him down.

Can you imagine what a fighter like Mosely would do to him in his pomp.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:13 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
skidd1 wrote:Manny won the fight.Very easily.

He has beaten the lot.

Maybe a 3rd fight with Marquez and he probably should retire.

He beat everyone or scared them away.

Nothing left for him to do in boxing.

Apart from take a blood test. Hey ho. He's far, FAR from being the biggest puncher at welterweight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:14 pm

Think if Manny wasn't a southpaw lumbering Jack he'd be an ordinary fighter.......

Reminds me of Duran...relentless and swarming with a few neat moves...

Hearns would batter him the same way..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think if Manny wasn't a southpaw lumbering Jack he'd be an ordinary fighter.......

Touché.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 10:15 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Manny had a stationary target in Oscar and never looked like putting him down.

Fotget being in his pomp. SSM would have buried Oscar on that night.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 May 2011, 10:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think if Manny wasn't a southpaw lumbering Jack he'd be an ordinary fighter.......

Duran had a very good defence. Manny hasn't.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:16 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Manny had a stationary target in Oscar and never looked like putting him down.

Get KO in 6.

A more confident Shane would have gotten blown away. Maybe Shane before he lost his balls would have taking the fight to Pacquiao and in would have ended with Pacquiao blasting him out is 6 rounds.

Hopefully he will work on his leg injury problem and we won't see a reassurance of that in the Marquez fight.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:17 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Get KO in 6.

A more confident Shane would have gotten blown away. Maybe Shane before he lost his balls would have taking the fight to Pacquiao and in would have ended with Pacquiao blasting him out is 6 rounds.

Hopefully he will work on his leg injury problem and we won't see a reassurance of that in the Marquez fight.

Do you actually believe yourself?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:17 pm

Think Manny's best win was the first Barrera fight......Quality showing was that..

As for Oscar he just couldn't make the weight and looked awful a la Curry-Honeyghan..

Could have paid a high price dragging like that.....Duk koo kim did.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:18 pm

You mean chinny Hearns.

Manny would land the left and it would be lights out for the Hitman (Deja vu)

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:19 pm

.....Mayweather and now Shane have got no balls.....

Come on kid show some respect.......you can do better than that.

Not one of your endearing qualities..showering that kind of abuse on great fighters

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 08 May 2011, 10:21 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

You mean chinny Hearns.

Manny would come flying out the traps at Hearns and would be rolled over within 2 rounds. With Manny's face first style I would fancy Hearns to flatten him inside a round, it would be brutal. Manny has zero defence and would pay badly vs. Hearns.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:21 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

You mean chinny Hearns.

Hardly. He took plenty from Leonard before buckling. Pacquiao would need a step ladder, and about 300 clean shots. Or are you now comparing Pacquiao's power to that of Hagler?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:22 pm

Manny wouldn't get past the Hearns jab and as Hatton apart he shown to be no concussive hitter...me thinks not.

Besides Manny is easy to hit and Hearns only needs to land once...

Providing Tommy wasn't made to come in at 143 or something Wink

Hearns all night long.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by skidd1 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:23 pm

D4 ..The only fight was Floyd and Floyd doesnt want it so I agree
Hearns would be a huge problem but those are fantasy fights so those fantasisits can carry on and ignore reality
Manny is the best pound for pound at the momement and by some way

skidd1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:23 pm

In fairness Hagler wasn't a big puncher.......How many times did he catch Hearns and Tommy took it....

Manny just eats Tommy's jab doesn't he.......

Punchers chance and that's it....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 08 May 2011, 10:24 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Get KO in 6.

Oh yeah the "leg cramp". Stick that on the list with the blood sampling, the wrong gloves, the wrong socks, stomach ulcers, doing the school run etc etc.

D4 I imagine the wheels of your car fall off everytime you pull over then you jump out and throw a custard pie in someones face.

So much for the "Hagler-Hearns" type fight you were promising everyone last night...

65% ~ 61%. Negligible.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:24 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=pacquiao-mosley-compubox

The Full compubox stats.

Manny showed his great defence, there were 3 rounds where Mosley did not even land a signal power punch

The stats make shocking reading for Mosley but maybe proves that old adage that offence makes the best defence

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 10:25 pm

Can you remind me when Hearns was proved to have a dodgy chin at Welterweight D4? It took Leonard a bigger puncher than Pacquiao til the championship rounds which no longer exist to stop him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:26 pm

All true Boxing fans fantasise....

How Ali would fare with Louis etc..

Sure Manny is no1...no argument there..

What's your problem??.....very childish post for you skidd..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In fairness Hagler wasn't a big puncher.......How many times did he catch Hearns and Tommy took it....

Manny just eats Tommy's jab doesn't he.......

Punchers chance and that's it....

At middle I dare say Hagler hit harder than Manny at 147...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:29 pm

He's a great defensive/offensive fighter, he punches as hard as king kong in a bad mood, every other great fighter has no rocks...

I get the picture Mate.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 10:29 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=floyd-mayweather-shane-mosley-compubox

Doesn't make very happy reading for you D4 might want to ignore that link

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:29 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Get KO in 6.

Oh yeah the "leg cramp". Stick that on the list with the blood sampling, the wrong gloves, the wrong socks, stomach ulcers, doing the school run etc etc.

D4 I imagine the wheels of your car fall off everytime you pull over then you jump out and throw a custard pie in someones face.

So much for the "Hagler-Hearns" type fight you were promising everyone last night...

65% ~ 61%. Negligible.

Disappointing fight, but you cannot blame Pacquiao for that, with Mosley doing his Usain Bolt impersonation and then hugging Manny every 5 seconds and when Pacquiao hair would brush Mosley, he would start crying to the ref.

And when Manny did tag him, Shane though it was time to touch gloves.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:30 pm

He was the same kind of accumulative puncher though..

Sure he rapped harder than Manny being 160 though you are correct.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sun 08 May 2011, 10:31 pm

good luck to you kid.

amen to that.

I remember bbc 606 was my first boxing forum and i was greated by arguments between a guy who is obviously on the wind up 24/7 and genuine boxing fans, i havnt used these forums for months now but am greated by the same guys taking the bait.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”

which one are you?

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 10:31 pm

It's not Mosleys job to make Pacquiao look good, he has to do that himself

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 10:33 pm

That we can agree on and Manny never did anything to impress or entertain.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 10:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He was the same kind of accumulative puncher though..

Sure he rapped harder than Manny being 160 though you are correct.

That's all I meant. thumbsup

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:34 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:It's not Mosleys job to make Pacquiao look good, he has to do that himself

It is Mosley job to try and win the fight, something he clearly was not doing.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:34 pm

Think Hearns with a chin would have been the greatest fighter of alltime...

Great speed, footwork, best jab I've ever seen and a deadly right hand...

Great bodypuncher too.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 10:35 pm

Hagler did have the power to take someone out with one punch though which Pacquiao has yet to prove at Welterweight

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 08 May 2011, 10:35 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Get KO in 6.

65% ~ 61%. Negligible.

Disappointing fight, but you cannot blame Pacquiao for that, with Mosley doing his Usain Bolt impersonation and then hugging Manny every 5 seconds and when Pacquiao hair would brush Mosley, he would start crying to the ref.

I fully blame team vulture. If they want to fight old men then this is the kind of fight you can expect.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:36 pm

Mosley's job was to fight...whether he wanted to win was up to him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 08 May 2011, 10:37 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Get KO in 6.

65% ~ 61%. Negligible.

I agree that Mosley was too negative.

I disagree that pacquiao is completely blameless. He never really took the fight to mosley, he rarely upped the pace throughout the 12 rounds, he was too nicey nicey with Mosley. The whole thing looked more of a sparring match don't you think?

Also pacquiao was flat footed, throwing lots of single shots and missing a lot of his punches. He also didn't show any invention in his work to adapt to mosleys style and unlock it.

Do you not agree it was a fairly poor performance from pacquiao, quite lacklustre?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 May 2011, 10:37 pm

I'm not sure Truss, think he had the potential to rival Robinson as the greatest Welterweight of all time although surely must have struggled to make weight but was never sold on him at the higher weights where his size advantages weren't as great.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 10:38 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=floyd-mayweather-shane-mosley-compubox

Doesn't make very happy reading for you D4 might want to ignore that link

It shows that Pacquiao nullfied Mosley's offence better than Mayweather.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 May 2011, 10:39 pm

I admire Arum's solid business plan.............

Like all good businessmen he looks for the greatest rewards at the lowest risk.

Mosley was a name..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next