The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Phillips on the booze again

+37
wayne
formerly known as Sam
Kingshu
Coleman
maestegmafia
The Saint
lostinwales
doctor_grey
Artful_Dodger
bedfordwelsh
wrfc1980
Breadvan
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
munkian
Hound of Harrow
XR
BigTrevsbigmac
MrsP
Intotouch
Cyril
ScarletSpiderman
Casartelli
Scrumpy
rodders
SecretFly
GunsGerms
whocares
quinsforever
TJ
Big
thebandwagonsociety
George Carlin
Comfort
VietGwentRevisited
Submachine
Luckless Pedestrian
Rugby Fan
41 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Mike Phillips on the booze again - Page 8 Empty Mike Phillips on the booze again

Post by Rugby Fan Mon 21 Oct 2013, 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mike Phillips, scrum-half for Bayonne and Wales, faces action for being 'drunk' during a training session

Wales scrum-half Mike Phillips in trouble with club Bayonne following his alleged drunkeness during a video analysis session

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Mike Phillips on the booze again - Page 8 Empty Re: Mike Phillips on the booze again

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 29 Oct 2013, 3:26 pm

And Rhodri Williams has the fearlessness of youth. He knows what it's like to beat the Boks, albeit the Baby Boks, and he'd relish playing the real McCoy. Plus they won't have faced him before.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Mike Phillips on the booze again - Page 8 Empty Re: Mike Phillips on the booze again

Post by The Saint Tue 29 Oct 2013, 3:32 pm

Yeah that is true. I would have selected both him and Davies. Poor GD, he's an exceptional No.9 but seems to be unpopular with the Scarlets management. I can honestly say that every time I've watched him, he's been excellent. It's a younger, faster (passing and running), little bit smaller version of Phillips. I think he'd flourish in the current Wales team.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Tue 29 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

Gareth Davies and rhodri Williams to be the next Peel/Phillips?!

Hell, maybe even they'll both get managed correctly this time....

Agree with whats been said above about him trying to 'prove a point', his carrying around the fringe is a real danger.... just not when he's setting off himself at every other ruck.

If I was Gatland* I'd give Rhodri Williams some gametime, probably the lowest in the pecking order of the 3 picked but the most intelligent player with all round attributes for me and if we're looking at Scarlets midfield (unless there's some crazy selection at 12) then I think we should be looking at the Scarlets Halfbacks too.

Phillips/Biggar on the bench, not a bad pair to bring off if things need changing up?

*I am not Gatland. Wink 

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 29 Oct 2013, 7:47 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24730276

guess he's not going to the dragons then. someone's going to snap him up, as i suspect for a feisty fupper like MP, this whole episode is probably motivation enough for him to keep his head down and perform at a very high level for the rest of this season.

not sure i agree he's likely to get a long term contract though.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:04 pm

SecretFly wrote:Bayonne are doing this solely to reduce their wage bill.

Mike, as your trusted advisor and drinking pal for many years................ I say SUE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink

Disclaimer:  I or none of my associates have in the past or do now drink with Mike Phillips or any of his associates.
Looks like he will be taking them to court over this.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 30 Oct 2013, 12:24 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24719007

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by VietGwentRevisited Wed 30 Oct 2013, 1:01 pm

Not sure of the employment Laws in France - but so long as Bayonne followed whatever their own disciplinary process is, then Phillips only chance is prove he was not under the influence.

Here the standard is verbal warning, written warning, dismissal for misconduct - though steps can be jumped if misconduct is deemed gross enough.

If it is similar in France - you have to assume that last season's incident was the written warning stage. I am sure that Bayonne's main reason is to reduce wage bill by losing a highly paid player who has not been performing especially well. However, despite attempts in this thread to excuse him, for me Phillips behaviour is inexcusable. We all laughed at Aussie players and their alcohol induced antics in the summer. Laugh on us now.

VietGwentRevisited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8