The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Noel Brown v Rob Kearney

+32
Poorfour
SecretFly
ChequeredJersey
Sgt_Pooly
No 7&1/2
kunu
Scratch
Hood83
lostinwales
Scrumpy
butterfingers
Exiledinborders
majesticimperialman
sickofwendy
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Notch
The Saint
footsoldier1978
Breadvan
Cyril
Geordie
Hound of Harrow
WELL-PAST-IT
fa0019
rodders
dummy_half
slane
yappysnap
profitius
Barney McGrew did it
GunsGerms
GloriousEmpire
36 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Michael Noel Brown v Rob Kearney - Page 2 Empty Michael Noel Brown v Rob Kearney

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

As it says on the tin ,
Who is the better?

Back to top Go down

Michael Noel Brown v Rob Kearney - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Noel Brown v Rob Kearney

Post by SecretFly Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:52 pm

A good old fashioned disco on the go here.

Play one for me............ em, Boney M Rasputin. Do any of you have it in your collections?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Michael Noel Brown v Rob Kearney - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Noel Brown v Rob Kearney

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:28 pm

The Saint wrote:Broken Record 

Pardon, can you repeat that
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 pm

SecretFly wrote:A good old fashioned disco on the go here.

Play one for me............ em, Boney M Rasputin.  Do any of you have it in your collections?

A absolute classic sir... clap 

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:01 am

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
The Saint wrote:Broken Record 

Pardon, can you repeat that

Broken Record 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:Always a pleasure when a poster makes the effort to add something to the thread rather than mocking the OP.

My feeling is Kearny has proven himself. Brown has promise, but is currently experiencing the standard wave of English hyperbole. I notice that like Ashton he can pop up and for down a few against a side like Italy but yet be found wanting when France strike a killer blow late on.  

It's usual for players who offer something different to their team to have a brief honeymoon. However as analysis kicks in, even the Ben smith's of the world can find the going gets harder.

When brown has been around as long as Kearney then we will have a better comparison. Until now, stick with the weight of experience and proven track record over flash in the pan promise.

I think there's little to choose between them. I understand you're not a massive Brown fan though, you have at least been consistent in saying he's not any good. Completely wrong, but consistent. Still, maybe it's form and he'll fade as you say.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:04 am

England always have a next big thing…it's their biggest problem. Brown will be just another name like Foden by 2015.

Last edited by Scratch on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 am

A top level player?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:30 am

The problem with all these Brown haters...(despite the fact he's English of course) is that they have only seen him in the last 6 months.

They dont realise that he's been like this consistantly for quins for years now...as Foden was when he was fit and injury free.

Both are top class FB's not just flash in the pans....and if Foden can get fully fit...it will be great to have two Fb's of their callibre fighting it out for the 15 shirt.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:36 am

I think if foden finds his form lancs will be looking to field this back 3. 15Brown 14 yarde 11 foden.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:39 am

Sizz-lin!

Lancaster will soon have an outfit to take on the Avengers! At least that's what the bombastic Marvel film producers of Noise, Mayhem and Nonsense are hoping.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:07 am

Scratch wrote:England always have a next big thing…it's their biggest problem. Brown will be just another name like Foden by 2015.

We may have the 'next big thing' but at least we don't claim every player who can catch, pass and run with a ball is World Class!  Laugh 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:13 am

Scrumpy wrote:
Scratch wrote:England always have a next big thing…it's their biggest problem. Brown will be just another name like Foden by 2015.

We may have the 'next big thing' but at least we don't claim every player who can catch, pass and run with a ball is World Class!  Laugh 

I had noticed that there is a tendency in certain quarters - when asked about depth - to basically just list every possible available player.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:19 am

Look what happend to Pristland!

2011 he had the world at his feet and was being talked about as the best No10 in the RWC.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:56 am

Scrumpy wrote:Look what happend to Pristland!

2011 he had the world at his feet and was being talked about as the best No10 in the RWC.

I remember talking to friends who were Scarlets followers who said he was carp when he first played for them. He looked great when he first came into the Wales team but its entirely possible that the huge improvement in performance was the blip, not his current level.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Scrumpy wrote:

That's because apart from Care and Manu none of your backs have any right to lay claim to that accolade. Twelvetrees? May? Nowell?!!!
Try hards i grant you but they will never be World Class, meanwhile the likes of North, Roberts, Doc and Halfpenny are acknowledged by almost everyone who knows anything about backs as being exactly that, World Class players.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Scratch wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

That's because apart from Care and Manu none of your backs have any right to lay claim to that accolade. Twelvetrees? May? Nowell?!!!
Try hards i grant you but they will never be World Class, meanwhile the likes of North, Roberts, Doc and Halfpenny are acknowledged by almost everyone who knows anything about backs as being exactly that, World Class players.

So, apart from the fact that the term 'world class' should be dumped forever, you have 1) ignored the Brown, 2) picked upon a bunch of guys who have next to no experience compared to the highly experienced, been it done it and lost to almost everyone Welsh guys.

As for English backs lets revisit in a couple of years time and see where they are. A few might be rated amongst the best in their position. I just hope they wont be overrated.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:23 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Scratch wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

So, apart from the fact that the term 'world class' should be dumped forever, you have 1) ignored the Brown, 2) picked upon a bunch of guys who have next to no experience compared to the highly experienced, been it done it and lost to almost everyone Welsh guys.

As for English backs lets revisit in a couple of years time and see where they are. A few might be rated amongst the best in their position. I just hope they wont be overrated.

They are already over rated….no danger of being an Enlgish Triple Crown Winner and not being over rated. And for what, coming 2nd again.
As for the Welsh backs losing to everyone, well, that's everyone apart from England who they have beaten 66% of the time since the last RWC.
They are Double 6 Nations Champions and winning lions, the english are pretenders unfit to touch their boots let alone clean them.
So what, we lost to England in Twickenham. It happens, though rarely i grant you, and we were probably suffering a lions hangover having provided the entire winning team.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Scratch, I think you need another break from this site mate.

Seriously chill out and stop being so aggressive all the time OK 

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Cyril wrote:Scratch, I think you need another break from this site mate.

He is just on the wind up again and I shouldnt bite, but then he does make for an easy target. It is worth pointing out in passing that the 3 English players he picks out all have a career record vs Wales of played 1 won 1.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Please desist from your public lobbying to ban me/ for me to leave the site

If you think my words are aggressive i think you'll find you are being ridiculously over sensitive as they are not directed at you or anyone else, they are my OPINION. I am entitled to that am i not?

If you feel so strongly then i suggest you ignore my posts or that you yourself should take a break.  thumbsup 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:36 pm

lostinwales wrote:

He is just on the wind up again and I shouldnt bite, but then he does make for an easy target. It is worth pointing out in passing that the 3 English players he picks out all have a career record vs Wales of played 1 won 1.
Yeah, I know. It's difficult not to bite sometimes when he gets a bit rabid OK

We should really leave him alone until he tires himself out.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:40 pm

If Scratch needs a break...then Cyril, Scrumpy, Lostinwales, WELL-PAST-IT and Sgt_pooly need to get over their sad obsession with Wales. You bring us into almost every post and on every thread. Coupled with your on-going gracelessness after England's win over Wales, it just makes for embarrassing reading for everyone.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:43 pm

The Saint wrote:If Scratch needs a break...then Cyril, Scrumpy, Lostinwales, WELL-PAST-IT and Sgt_pooly need to get over their sad obsession with Wales. You bring us into almost every post and on every thread. Coupled with your on-going gracelessness after England's win over Wales, it just makes for embarrassing reading for everyone.
Hmmm. This thread is about Brown/Kearney.

I think you'll find there was very little gloating after the England v Wales game. You would know if you hadn't had your network issues for a week after the game (like after the Ireland game). I certainly haven't been crowing about the result.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:47 pm

The Saint wrote:If Scratch needs a break...then Cyril, Scrumpy, Lostinwales, WELL-PAST-IT and Sgt_pooly need to get over their sad obsession with Wales. You bring us into almost every post and on every thread. Coupled with your on-going gracelessness after England's win over Wales, it just makes for embarrassing reading for everyone.

Saint, don't waste your breath. The gracelessness is following years of frustration and inability to beat the 6N Champions and to win the competition themselves coupled with failure to provide any meaningful contribution to a winning Lions tour. No whey have won a game, one from the last 4, a piece of silverware at last, and come 2nd again they feel understandably excited like kids on christmas morning. NZ will sort that out.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Anyway, back on topic.

Apparently Brown won player of the tournament.

I'd say Brown is currently better but Kearney is a fine player.

Plenty of good full backs in the NH at the moment.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:51 pm

And for the record there is no comparison between Kearney and Brown.
The former is a legend in NH rugby, an Irish and Lions legend who is arguably the best counter attacking and high ball receiving FB we have ever seen up here and reminds me of Latham. Brown has had 1 good tournament.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Somebody's tired.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Laugh

Maybe!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Oh, gods this site is so Frak petty.

We'll see where every player is next year. You can only really judge them on how they are playing at the moment. And can both the English and Welsh posters stop taking pops at each other and their teams? Nobody gains from that and everyone looks bad.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 pm

The Saint wrote:If Scratch needs a break...then Cyril, Scrumpy, Lostinwales, WELL-PAST-IT and Sgt_pooly need to get over their sad obsession with Wales.

The trouble is the said poster is aggressive (in a Dylan Hartley sort of way) the rest of us contribute to the discussion whether you agree with our comments or not that is the whole point of a site like this!
 Headscratch
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Saw Rob Kearney on twitter congratulating Mike Brown on his 'richly deserved award' earlier. Some people could learn something from that.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Notch wrote:Saw Rob Kearney on twitter congratulating Mike Brown on his 'richly deserved award' earlier. Some people could learn something from that.
 clap That's more like it.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Brown (current) v Kearney (2009)......

That would be a very interesting comparison, Kearney would sneak it I reckon.

Brown (current) v Kearney (current)

Brown by a fair distance, he's superior at pretty much everything.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Saint....I got a dressing down for personal attacks, I hope you get similar for this unwarranted attack.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:47 pm

I think you all need to row back a bit. It's all very petty and unedifying. The Six Nations is over, leave it out.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Views been at it for days!

I'm just so happy for Brown, as he was given a rough ride when he first played for England, just goes to show hard work does get rewarded.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:58 pm

He's on fire, I'd certainly have him as the best FB in world rugby atm.

NH has some great options with Hogg, Kearney, Dulin all right up there.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Scratch wrote:And for the record there is no comparison between Kearney and Brown.
The former is a legend in NH rugby, an Irish and Lions legend who is arguably the best counter attacking and high ball receiving FB we have ever seen up here and reminds me of Latham. Brown has had 1 good tournament.

Odd post that Scratch. In the first paragraph you say there is no comparison between Kearney and Brown. In the second paragraph you make a comparison.

Your hyperbolic description of Kearney has no credibility. He is clearly a very good player but the best ever? Serge Blanco and JPR spring to mind as just two greater players.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Exiledinborders wrote:
Scratch wrote:And for the record there is no comparison between Kearney and Brown.

Odd post that Scratch. In the first paragraph you say there is no comparison between Kearney and Brown. In the second paragraph you make a comparison.  

Your hyperbolic description of Kearney has no credibility.  He is clearly a very good player but the best ever? Serge Blanco and JPR spring to mind as just two greater players.

Welcome to our world Exiled.

For somebody who describes himself:

Anglicized Welsh fan....basically i owe everything to England

Kearney & Lions legend is a bizarre statement Scratch.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:He's on fire, I'd certainly have him as the best FB in world rugby atm.

Isnt a bit of "ATM" what got Brown Care and Ojo in trouble?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:13 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:He's on fire, I'd certainly have him as the best FB in world rugby atm.

It's comments like that result in your 'let's chat REAL rugby' thread getting no action.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:21 am

Exiledinborders wrote:

Your hyperbolic description of Kearney has no credibility.  He is clearly a very good player but the best ever? Serge Blanco and JPR spring to mind as just two greater players.

Not odd at all unless you have no comprehension of the grammatical vehicle i used to express my belief that they are not comparable i.e. there is no comparison because they are poles apart.

You offer no comment at all on either player instead taking a puny shot at what you fail to comprehend in my text.

1 is a legend and IMO the best attacking full back i have seen in the NH and the 2nd has had 1 good season….credible enough for you?

Last edited by Scratch on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:22 am

Cyril wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:

It's comments like that result in your 'let's chat REAL rugby' thread getting no action.

well what do you have to offer as usual Cyril? not a lot.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:24 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Exiledinborders wrote:

Welcome to our world Exiled.

For somebody who describes himself:

Anglicized Welsh fan....basically i owe everything to England

Kearney & Lions legend is a bizarre statement Scratch.

I really get to you don't i kiddo, you have to trawl through my posts to find out how i describe myself  picard 

I was at every game of the 09 lions and i can assure you Kearney is a lions legend. Brown is good but as usual with England's next big thing, it rarely lives up to the interminable hype.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:14 am

At the moment, Brown is playing better but Kearney has achieved more. Let's see where both end up, because this is the way Brown has played for about 3 seasons with Quins and he's still getting better
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:46 am

Scratch, you really don't get to me at all.

I've find your posts rather pathetic tbh, trawling threads to knock the English and their players.

It was quite funny finding your little girly spiel though.

I'd rather just talk about rugby but you try and make everything against Wales. Wales are not in England's eye line, we battered them and moved on.

It's rather ironic that the Welsh wums are jumping on Ireland's success because they've performed so poorly of late.

Back on topic.....

Does anyone actually think Kearney has played better than Brown for the last year?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:25 am

Kearney had a great tourney in 09 but a legend? Brown has been excellant for Quins for years but for Eng, he has found himself either behind Foden or shunted on the wing to accomadate Goode. Now with a decent spell of games in at proper position, everyone has got to see what a player he is. Chequered is spot on in his post.
Honestly scratch, you claim to be a rugby man involved in the game and everything but act like a  censored on here...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:25 am

I just hope that a certain poster isn't involved with the grass roots of our game as his attitude towards other fans is a disgrace.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by footsoldier1978 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:38 am

Wow there's some classic keyboard warriors on here...pretty embarrassing. Shame another thread has been hijacked

footsoldier1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 am

Welcome back thumbsup
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next