The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
Pal Joey
kingraf
Union Cane
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
13 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Mon 12 May 2014, 9:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Sh1t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 14 May 2014, 1:34 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Jeff took his horse and cart in for servicing the other day.

They managed to fix the wooden wheels but the horse was knackered and had to be sent to the glue factory.  He is currently getting around after welding some metal tubes to the bottom of his tin bath.

We purchased a new car the other month, did consider sharing it with the culture cup, but was fearful of the page turning into a dreadful discussion about cars. That is possibly the only subject that could make me nostalgic for discussions about insects.

What did you get? I only want to the know the make as I hate cars as much as anyone.

I have been very circumspect about mentioning arthropods recently. Say what you like about me, but I am good at judging the mood of the Culture Cup. I can tell there is little appetite for insect talk (Linebreaker notwithstanding) so I have refrained from it.

Cars are awesome, went to see mother and father a few nights ago, and there were some sweet rides at Kempton, Suped up VWMKII's, Corolla's, '86 325i, felt like I'd stepped into a timezone. Remembered my high school years, the cars were old, the girls were loose, The paedos were visible, and mullets were huge. Gold times.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 1:35 pm

Rowley wrote:It was a Corsa (still is for that matter). Couldn't leave you on tenterhooks much longer.

How many miles per gallon do you get out of it Jeff?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 1:35 pm

Union Cane wrote:I recently purchased a dildo.

It's a black one.

Considered a real woman, but the memories are still too raw.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 May 2014, 1:36 pm

I have the Chrysler to take the brood around in.  Limited choice of vehicle to ferry that many kids around.

You could do your PSV licence.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 May 2014, 1:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:It was a Corsa (still is for that matter). Couldn't leave you on tenterhooks much longer.

No bleeding idea. It's red if that helps.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 May 2014, 1:36 pm

How did Windows know Jeff has a Corsa? Stalkerish W@nker?

I have a Kia....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 1:37 pm

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

No bleeding idea. It's red if that helps.

Red, eh? It's a nice little runner then.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 1:37 pm

Rowley wrote:
I have the Chrysler to take the brood around in.  Limited choice of vehicle to ferry that many kids around.

I literally have no idea what that is.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 1:38 pm

seanmichaels wrote:How did Windows know Jeff has a Corsa? Stalkerish W@nker?

I have a Kia....

I shop in Ikea.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 May 2014, 1:39 pm

Passenger Service Vehicle, unless things have very much changed from my days in transport.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 May 2014, 1:39 pm

I have a Kia....

Not a Picanto is it?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 1:39 pm

Rowley wrote:

I literally have no idea what that is.

You need it to drive in Eindhoven.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 May 2014, 1:40 pm

Rowley wrote:Passenger Service Vehicle, unless things have very much changed from my days in transport.

Scrub that, is public not passenger

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 14 May 2014, 1:40 pm

There was an interesting spider encounter at my work the other day, Tino. The warehouse found, what appeared to be, a young funnel web. It must have been in a package delivered from Sydney. Unfortunately, I arrived after one of the guys decided that the safest course of action was to introduce it to the sole of their boot.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 14 May 2014, 1:41 pm

Union Cane wrote:

I have a Kia....

Not a Picanto is it?

Probably a Cerato
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 May 2014, 1:41 pm

Union Cane wrote:

I have a Kia....

Not a Picanto is it?

Soul. Very functional. I can fit all my cricket gear and at least 40 empty beer cans in it. In fact if I sold the fitted washing machine I could probably fit my life's belongings in it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 1:43 pm

trottb wrote:There was an interesting spider encounter at my work the other day, Tino. The warehouse found, what appeared to be, a young funnel web. It must have been in a package delivered from Sydney. Unfortunately, I arrived after one of the guys decided that the safest course of action was to introduce it to the sole of their boot.

Welcome back trott.  How is the marriage with Scotty going?  Those were happy days.

Scotty PM'd me back then and told me he hoped I died.  He wasn't as pleased as you were.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 May 2014, 1:46 pm

Scotty PM'd me back then and told me he hoped I died.  He wasn't as pleased as you were.

There is no need for that, he should have been flattered. I always thought Trott was out of his league.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 May 2014, 1:47 pm

It could also have been the Andalucian Funnel Web spider.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 1:47 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

I have a Kia....

Not a Picanto is it?

Soul. Very functional. I can fit all my cricket gear and at least 40 empty beer cans in it. In fact if I sold the fitted washing machine I could probably fit my life's belongings in it.

I bet the girls of Bracknell love you in your Tech by Tumi retirement jacket and your Kia Soul.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 14 May 2014, 1:48 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

I have a Kia....

Not a Picanto is it?

My Fiesta is also quite functional, really drives home the fact that I don't Have kids. This point is particularly driven home when Mr mom stops beside me in his Chrysler.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 1:49 pm

Rowley wrote:

There is no need for that, he should have been flattered. I always thought Trott was out of his league.

Indeed. He was a bit of girl though, Scotty. Very sensitive.

I can still remember the line up. You and I were ushers, Truss and ONEBALL were doing security. Union was the DJ. I think michaels was running the refreshments.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 May 2014, 1:50 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Soul. Very functional. I can fit all my cricket gear and at least 40 empty beer cans in it. In fact if I sold the fitted washing machine I could probably fit my life's belongings in it.

I didn't know what that was so looked it up. It looks like a Lego car or summat. That is one seriously terrible piece of motor vehicular design.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 14 May 2014, 1:51 pm

Thanks, Tino.

Ha, those were good days indeed. Back when the boxing board was great banter and articles that weren't solely about who Mayweather or Groves/Froch. I remember Scotty, wasn't thrilled at all by your fine wedding article. He was quite upset that I was playing along with it too. I see that he is also back now, I'm sure that we could start a similarly themed thread to see if the extra years have mellowed him.

Last edited by trottb on Wed 14 May 2014, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unnecessary "now" removed)

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 14 May 2014, 1:55 pm

seanmichaels wrote:It could also have been the Andalucian Funnel Web spider.

I'll get the photo's from work tomorrow morning and let the Culture Cup decide.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 1:57 pm

trottb wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:It could also have been the Andalucian Funnel Web spider.

I'll get the photo's from work tomorrow morning and let the Culture Cup decide.

I am a little too excited by that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 May 2014, 2:01 pm

I don't have a car and have little (meaning "no") interest in them. I'm also not familiar with the boxing thread characters and banter. I feel that I'm being deliberately excluded and, as a result, left 606 v2 again earlier this afternoon. It's just not what it used to be, when everyone would say "oh Galted, you're so brilliant with your Hi-tec and Gore-Tex and your marvellous anecdotes about things that interest us".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 May 2014, 2:02 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Soul. Very functional. I can fit all my cricket gear and at least 40 empty beer cans in it. In fact if I sold the fitted washing machine I could probably fit my life's belongings in it.

I didn't know what that was so looked it up. It looks like a Lego car or summat. That is one seriously terrible piece of motor vehicular design.

Designed by the same chap who designed the Audi TT. Anyway like I said, functional.

@windows - I don't live in Bracknell. I expect I could as I have a minor disability. Workied here for 7 years and only been in to the town centre 4 times.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 14 May 2014, 2:02 pm

[quote="Mind the windows Tino."]
Rowley wrote:

Indeed.  He was a bit of girl though, Scotty.  Very sensitive.

I can still remember the line up.  You and I were ushers, Truss and ONEBALL were doing security.  Union was the DJ.  I think michaels was running the refreshments.[/quote]

Lunatic in charge of the asylum.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 14 May 2014, 2:03 pm

No idea what happened with that use of quotes.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 May 2014, 2:04 pm

superflyweight wrote:No idea what happened with that use of quotes.

Appropriate that the quote involved michaels.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 May 2014, 2:05 pm

Love the fact you have written a post about Michaels that shows a similarly tenuous grasp on the quote function as he regularly displays. It is that kind of attention to detail that makes you as popular as you are superfly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 14 May 2014, 2:05 pm

superflyweight wrote:No idea what happened with that use of quotes.

Even talking about Michaels seems to be enough to send the quote function into disarray.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 May 2014, 2:13 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Union was the DJ.

Incidentally, I released another of my "DJ Union Cane" videos on Youtube a while back, but made no reference to it on here.

It has had 3 views so far, 3 of which were me checking that it was still there.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 May 2014, 2:15 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Incidentally, I released another of my "DJ Union Cane" videos on Youtube a while back, but made no reference to it on here.

Oh dear, that's reduced me to tears. Finding it a bit difficult to drink my coffee without choking.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 2:15 pm

Forget to mention - Galted you're brilliant with your....that stuff you said.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 May 2014, 2:17 pm

Union Cane wrote:

I'll check it out later. Is the shooting stars song on it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 May 2014, 2:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Forget to mention - Galted you're brilliant with your....that stuff you said.

Thanks, Julius. I've changed my mind and won't leave 606 v2 after all. Really enjoyed your post about the magnifying glass (works on dogs and children too, by the way).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 2:19 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Forget to mention - Galted you're brilliant with your....that stuff you said.

Thanks, Julius.  I've changed my mind and won't leave 606 v2 after all.  Really enjoyed your post about the magnifying glass (works on dogs and children too, by the way).

Does it work on naff shirt/jumper combos?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 2:23 pm

Galted wrote:

I've changed my mind and won't leave 606 v2 after all..

Did my PM help?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 May 2014, 2:28 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I'll check it out later. Is the shooting stars song on it?

Nope, it is a selection of dark and deep drum and bass from the early 00's.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 2:29 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Explains why it only has 3 views.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 14 May 2014, 2:35 pm

Laugh 

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 May 2014, 2:35 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Good point. I'm guessing that like myself you probably prefer the junglist riddims of the mid-to-late 90's.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 May 2014, 2:36 pm

Galted wrote:

Did my PM help?

It did, Tino. Your hugely inspirational PMs have helped me through many dark times.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 2:40 pm

Union Cane wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Good point. I'm guessing that like myself you probably prefer the junglist riddims of the mid-to-late 90's.

Indeed. Big Carl Jung fan, especially his riddims.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 May 2014, 2:42 pm

Union Cane wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

I'm guessing he almost certainly isn't.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 May 2014, 2:43 pm

Isn't what?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 2:45 pm

Union Cane wrote:Isn't what?

As old as everyone says I am.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 2:46 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Did my PM help?

It did, Tino.  Your hugely inspirational PMs have helped me through many dark times.

I just hope you're there for me in my darkest hour, in the same way I have been here for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next