The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
Pal Joey
kingraf
Union Cane
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
13 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Mon May 12, 2014 10:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Sh1t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 12:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What are you buying today then, Jeff?

Some polo shirts probably. Nephew has just told me he needs a suit so little s*it has eaten into my budget somewhat.

If you see any nice shirt and jumper combos in Next, could you pick me some up and I'll pay you back?

Is that a trick question? There are no nice shirt and jumper combos in Next and never have been.

Not a trick question and not aimed at you either. So butt out, old man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu May 15, 2014 12:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Some polo shirts probably. Nephew has just told me he needs a suit so little s*it has eaten into my budget somewhat.

If you see any nice shirt and jumper combos in Next, could you pick me some up and I'll pay you back?

Is that a trick question? There are no nice shirt and jumper combos in Next and never have been.

Not a trick question and not aimed at you either.  So butt out, old man.

I'm concerned about Jeff. Hate to see the poor guy sent on a fool's errand. Fool.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 12:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I'm concerned about Jeff. Hate to see the poor guy sent on a fool's errand. Fool.

You'll be pleased know I am not wearing a jumper at the moment. I took it off as it is quite warm. I may wear it for the journey home depending on the temperature.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu May 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You'll be pleased know I am not wearing a jumper at the moment.

Watch out ladeez.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Galted wrote:Sh1t on here today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu May 15, 2014 1:40 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:

You'll be pleased know I am not wearing a jumper at the moment.  I took it off as it is quite warm.  I may wear it for the journey home depending on the temperature.

Sigh.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 1:45 pm

F*ck you, superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 1:46 pm

This walking/public transport thing isnt working out for me. Had to think about walking two kilometers to the cafe down the street, so instead I had slightly stale chicken wraps at the canteen.

Chicken 7/10
wrapping 9/10
freshness 4/10
fruit juice 6/10

Overall 24/40, so 60%. Felt lower.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu May 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Shopping trip going well. More to follow.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu May 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:F*ck you, superfly.

Quote lifted direct from Shaft's headstone.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Rowley wrote:Shopping trip going well. More to follow.

Have you been in Next?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 15, 2014 1:59 pm

kingraf wrote:This walking/public transport thing isnt working out for me. Had to think about walking two kilometers to the cafe down the street, so instead I had slightly stale chicken wraps at the canteen.

Chicken 7/10
wrapping 9/10
freshness 4/10
fruit juice 6/10

You've probably rated the wrap part too highly and it shouldn't count for a quarter of the rating.

You didn't cover yourself with glory regarding maths in this post either, kingraf. I suggest you add it again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu May 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Galted wrote:
kingraf wrote:This walking/public transport thing isnt working out for me. Had to think about walking two kilometers to the cafe down the street, so instead I had slightly stale chicken wraps at the canteen.

Chicken 7/10
wrapping 9/10
freshness 4/10
fruit juice 6/10

You've probably rated the wrap part too highly and it shouldn't count for a quarter of the rating.

You didn't cover yourself with glory regarding maths in this post either, kingraf.  I suggest you add it again.

It's that complete disregard for detail that will ensure that raf remains an associate member rather than full member of the Culture Cup.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 2:05 pm

That's the first sensible post you've made for ages, Superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 2:09 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

Chicken 7/10
wrapping 9/10
freshness 4/10
fruit juice 6/10

You didn't cover yourself with glory regarding maths in this post either, kingraf.  I suggest you add it again.

It's that complete disregard for detail that will ensure that raf remains an associate member rather than full member of the Culture Cup.  

Probably did rate the wrap too highly, but it looked so inviting, and was wrapped so creatively!! No excuses for the incorrect addition. Sometimes these things happen.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:That's the first sensible post you've made for ages, Superfly.

My membership isnt pending, I havent applied!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 2:16 pm

kingraf wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:That's the first sensible post you've made for ages, Superfly.

Oh yes you have, young man.

Just appearing on here is an application.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu May 15, 2014 2:17 pm

You'll all be glad to hear that I am not Stephen Sutton, 19, British charity fundraiser.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Union Cane wrote:You'll all be glad to hear that I am not Stephen Sutton, 19, British charity fundraiser.

But are you Oskar Koch?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu May 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Have you been in Next?

Yes would normally not set foot in there but nephew needs a suit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu May 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Union Cane wrote:You'll all be glad to hear that I am not Stephen Sutton, 19, British charity fundraiser.

But are you Oskar Koch?

No, but I do know his brother Hugh.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Rowley wrote:

Have you been in Next?

Yes would normally not set foot in there

I can understand that, it's hardly aimed at your kind of build.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 2:23 pm

kingraf wrote:

Oh yes you have, young man.

Just appearing on here is an application.
In which case, given the fact that i havent been barred from apearing on here, despite being a "applicant" for about 12 weeks, or two months, its fair to say my applicacion was in actuality, a raging #success
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu May 15, 2014 2:30 pm

kingraf wrote:In which case, given the fact that i I havent haven't been barred from apearing appearing on here, despite being a an "applicant" for about 12 weeks, or two months, (3 months?) its fair to say my applicacion application was in actuality, a raging #success.

That would be a B at GCSE, well done mate.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu May 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Rowley wrote:

Have you been in Next?

T'is true, just hoping to find a branch of Jacomo soon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu May 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Clinical.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu May 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Rowley wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Have you been in Next?

T'is true, just hoping to find a branch of Jacomo soon.

Just get a fat gown from Evans.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Union Cane wrote:
kingraf wrote:In which case, given the fact that i I havent haven't been barred from apearing appearing on here, despite being a an "applicant" for about 12 weeks, or two months, (3 months?) its fair to say my applicacion application was in actuality, a raging #success.

Brutal but necessary. Perhaps kingraf could be given an "L" badge while he finds his feet, he does seem quite quick on the uptake and wouldn't want to discourage him.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 15, 2014 2:36 pm

The angry Kiwi seemed to perk up when he read about Sutton's death. Nowhere near the rapture when he heard about Bob Crow though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Thanks mate, ENglish isnt even my eighth language.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu May 15, 2014 2:42 pm

kingraf wrote:Thanks mate, ENglish isnt even my eighth language.

Clerly.

OK 
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Clerly.

OK 

I did however, actually get a B for it in my O-levels.  warning 
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu May 15, 2014 2:49 pm

kingraf wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Clerly.

OK 

I did however, actually get a B for it in my O-levels.    warning 

I think I got B too. Or not B too? That is the question.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu May 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Interesting Anthropod / Cat story. It is that time of year again when some flying beetle-like bug surfaces from my lawn. Possibly a Mayfly. Drives the cats bananas, somersaulting across the garden trying to catch the bloody things. Had 4 in the kitchen so far. Minging things to pick up as they grip you. Could probly have a centipede in my opinion.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu May 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Actually, they are Cockchafers. Fearsome

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 2:59 pm

The Culture Cup Committee 2014

Life President: Tino

Chairman: Jeff (term ends 31.12.2014)

Treasurer: Julius

Secretary: Galted

List of full members:

Tino
Jeff
Galted
Julius
michaels (Head of refreshments)
superfly (Legal council.  Rick as his b!tch deputy)
Union (Head of lists (both lineal and reverse lineal) and resident DJ)

List of associate members (pending full membership):

Rick
Shah
Raf
Dave
Il Gia (would be a full member but hasn't turned up to meetings for the last 3 months)
Linebreaker (acting head of international relations)

A.O.B

i) michaels is on a final warning for being drunk all the time.
ii) Galted is on a second verbal warning for the store cupboard incident.  The committee have decided that his version of events, however tenuous, have to be accepted.  Without finding the victim girl there is no way to establish whether she was 16 or not.
iii) Julius's application to be the chairman for 2015 has been rejected based on his age and the high probability that he won't see out the whole of next year.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 3:02 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Actually, they are Cockchafers. Fearsome

Spang beetles.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 15, 2014 3:03 pm

ii) Galted is on a second verbal warning for the store cupboard incident.  The committee have decided that his version of events, however tenuous, have to be accepted.  Without finding the victim girl there is no way to establish whether she was 16 or not.
iii) Julius's application to be the chairman for 2015 has been rejected based on his age and the high probability that he won't see out the whole of next year.

FFS, she was unconscious, what does it matter?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu May 15, 2014 3:04 pm

As head of refreshments I think I am going to have to start a drinks review section...

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Has TopHat resigned?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Galted wrote:

Oh yeah, why did you PM me this then?

Galted wrote:Please Tino, tell me you won't kick me out?  She told me she was 13 16, at least I think that's what she said, it was hard to tell as she was talking with her mouth full.

She doesn't sound unconscious to me, Galted?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Galted wrote:Has TopHat resigned?

He was never in. Made the buffet at the AGM too expensive.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Galted wrote:

Oh yeah, why did you PM me this then?

Galted wrote:Please Tino, tell me you won't kick me out?  She told me she was 13 16, at least I think that's what she said, it was hard to tell as she was talking with her mouth full.

She doesn't sound unconscious to me, Galted?

In the words of Kanye West "Whatever she accuse, he wasn't really drunk he just had a few brews"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 3:19 pm

I streamed Coldplay's new album last. Chris Martin seems to have had a suicidal last two years, I hope someone checks on him.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu May 15, 2014 3:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The Culture Cup Committee 2014

List of full members:

Tino
Jeff
Galted
Julius

Rick
Shah
Raf
Dave
Il Gia (would be a full member but hasn't turned up to meetings for the last 3 months)

A.O.B

* Counsel

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 3:22 pm

superflyweight wrote:

List of full members:

Tino
Jeff
Galted
Julius

Rick
Shah
Raf
Dave

A.O.B

* Counsel

F*ck you, superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu May 15, 2014 3:24 pm

superflyweight wrote:

List of full members:

Tino
Jeff
Galted
Julius

Rick
Shah
Raf
Dave

A.O.B

* Counsel

Very good.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu May 15, 2014 3:26 pm

That made me lol out loud, Tina.  

Where is Dave?  I've been scanning the news to see if any serial killers have been caught, but nothing!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 15, 2014 3:28 pm

superflyweight wrote:That made me lol out loud, Tina.    

Where is Dave?  I've been scanning the news to see if any serial killers have been caught, but nothing!

Don't use l*l, superfly.

His wife was expecting their second child, I think. That must have happened.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu May 15, 2014 3:30 pm

superflyweight wrote:That made me lol out loud, Tina.    

Don't use l*l, superfly.  

His wife was expecting their second child, I think.  That must have happened.

Am sure a goat has been slaughtered in celebration!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next