The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Jun 2014, 3:38 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:The only acceptable use of the phrase palate cleanser is when you wake up after heavy night having not brushed your teeth. A cold lager at that point is an excellent way to cleanse the palate.

I am going out in precisely 25 minutes for copious amounts of palate cleanser cold German lager.  Hopefully served by girls in lederhosen.  

I will think of you.

Drink from the litre jugs. A german boozer in Lausanne was the only time my missus found it acceptable me doing so. Drives her bananas when I pour myself a pint of wine or drik from the 2 litre bottle of strongbow.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:54 am

sean wrote:The only acceptable use of the phrase palate cleanser

What about if you live in Scotland and a friend consumed some Mr Muscle?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 7:43 am

Morning Rick, you'll be pleased to know I survived London.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 19 Jun 2014, 7:46 am

Morning Jeff, glad to hear that, was wondering if the overpricing and hummous would get you down, but welcome back to civilisation. You can now make eye contact with strangers once again!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 7:52 am

It is reassuring to be back up north. Can risk buying a sandwich without having to part ex my watch.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 19 Jun 2014, 7:55 am

And the chances are that up north you would recognise most of the ingredients, though not necessarily the part of the animal they are from to be fair...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jun 2014, 8:58 am

Morning - glorious in Edinburgh today. I was impressing the scantily clad ladies on my train by reading a biography of Joe Louis.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 9:45 am

Which one superfly? Funnily enough I am starting a Louis biography today, this could be the beginning of a culture cup book club, one in the eye for those that say we this thread has nothing to do with culture.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:22 am

Morning Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:30 am

Morning Tina, how is Germany. Went over a couple of years ago, lovely place.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:35 am

Rowley wrote:Morning Tina, how is Germany. Went over a couple of years ago, lovely place.

It's lovely. I really like the place and the people. Probably the nicest people in Europe when they're not annexing Poland. Unfortunately it is work, but I have some down time as well. Coming home tonight.

Pretty sure I saw Tom Kerridge yesterday in Frankfurt. Couldn't be 100% sure but it looked like him. It was at some food convention so it would make sense.

Could have been TopHat of course but I like to hope not.

How was Laandon tahn?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:41 am

As good as it gets, was out in 'Arrow, which is not the best. Got to say though getting out there, you do encounter some interesting smells on the tube when the weather is a bit warm.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:44 am

It's even worse coming home when people have been sitting in their own sweat all day.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:46 am

Weather here good. Unfortunately too skint to go to Ascot today. Reliably informed by a mate that the clungeometer has popped off the scale

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:52 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It's even worse coming home when people have been sitting in their own sweat all day.

Agreed was in the rush hour train back into St Pancras, I am a big bloke and had a full suit on and can manage to stave smelling off. I know living in the capital is pricey, but save a bit for a tin of Right Guard.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jun 2014, 11:03 am

Rowley wrote:Which one superfly? Funnily enough I am starting a Louis biography today, this could be the beginning of a culture cup book club, one in the eye for those that say we this thread has nothing to do with culture.

It's the Randy Roberts' one - think it's called "Joe Louis - Hard Times, Hard Man" or something. Just started it this morning, but seems to be well written.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 11:34 am

Such a pity it is not the same one as me. I have read that one though, Roberts is a decent writer. His book about Dempsey is one of the better Dempsey biographies kicking about.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 12:35 pm

Ham salad sandwich and a sausage roll, the former was hand made by me, the latter wasn't.

That is the kind of zinger of a post that will get this Culture cup back on track.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jun 2014, 12:44 pm

Barbecue chicken rocket salad and a 500ml bottle of Coke Zero. I'm still starving.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 19 Jun 2014, 12:54 pm

Dead cow on a bun, with mustard, Chilled Dr Pepper, and bag of Seabrooks Beef Crisps.

Nicely full...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 12:59 pm

superflyweight wrote:Barbecue chicken rocket salad and a 500ml bottle of Coke Zero.  I'm still starving.  

You're still hungry Superfly, I am fairly sure you are nowhere near starving. The misuse of that word nearly annoys me as much as the misuse of the word literally, which literally makes my head explode.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:10 pm

I'll be the judge of how I feel, Jeff. I'm literally starving.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:25 pm

I had a buffet. Not in a TopHat style (there were other people eating the food) but a buffet nonetheless.

Cold meats, cheese, pastries, roasted vegetables on skewers, prawns, crab cakes, some more asparagus, some kind of offal on little dainty pieces of toast. It was a veritable feast. I am certainly not starving.

A couple of hours to kill now before I need to head to the airport so I will probably walk round my hotel room naked with an erection.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:25 pm

Mushroom, chorizo and sausage risotto left over from last night. Pretty bloody good cold. Bit garlicky - could do without next time.

Chicken walkers crisps in a sesame seed bun with 2 wraps of butter i nicked from the canteen. Exquisite. If i did it as the the invention test on masterchef Greg Wallace would headbut it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:27 pm

I've read that Randy Roberts biography of Louis, Superfly. Just sayin'.....Needed some route and reason to get back hanging with you cool and popular lot on the culture threads!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:29 pm

A couple of hours to kill now before I need to head to the airport so I will probably walk round my hotel room naked with an erection.

As long as it is your own Tina that seems a perfectly reasonable way to spend an afternoon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:38 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I've read that Randy Roberts biography of Louis, Superfly. Just sayin'.....Needed some route and reason to get back hanging with you cool and popular lot on the culture threads!

That's good enough for me. Welcome aboard, young Christopher. In any event, we need to bring the average age of the Culture Cup down, what with Raf apparently lost to an epic w@nk and Julius continuing to defy medical science.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:42 pm

Rowley wrote:

As long as it is your own Tina that seems a perfectly reasonable way to spend an afternoon.

He'll be snorting crack out of Angela Merkel's arris as we speak.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:44 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

He'll be snorting crack out of Angela Merkel's arris as we speak.

F*ck off Sean, I have some standards.

I am snorting ketamine out of Frau Merkel's chutney tunnel at the moment.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm

superflyweight wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:I've read that Randy Roberts biography of Louis, Superfly. Just sayin'.....Needed some route and reason to get back hanging with you cool and popular lot on the culture threads!

That's good enough for me.  Welcome aboard, young Christopher.  In any event, we need to bring the average age of the Culture Cup down,  what with Raf apparently lost to an epic w@nk and Julius continuing to defy medical science.

I am happy to have him aboard, but have no intention of explaining to him our policy on the use of hashtags, general abbreviations and youth speak, or how much we frown on anything even resembling talk of a cultural nature. If he can work these out for himself, things could work out. Have to say though, as an opening gambit on the thread discussing books does not fill me with hope.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:57 pm

Love the way you guys enjoy having a poke at the Germans...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:01 pm

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

That's good enough for me.  Welcome aboard, young Christopher.  In any event, we need to bring the average age of the Culture Cup down,  what with Raf apparently lost to an epic w@nk and Julius continuing to defy medical science.

I am happy to have him aboard, but have no intention of explaining to him our policy on the use of hashtags, general abbreviations and youth speak, or how much we frown on anything even resembling talk of a cultural nature. If he can work these out for himself, things could work out. Have to say though, as an opening gambit on the thread discussing books does not fill me with hope.

It was just a vague mention that he's read the book, no review, no opinion.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:04 pm

Look all I am saying super, is Sean talks about shoving beer cans up unfortunate chicken's arses and provides us with regular updates about the frequency and consistency of his toilet visits, we have certain standards we have to maintain.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:06 pm

super wrote:It was just a vague mention that he's read the book, no review, no opinion.

Standard for this place then, where has Jules gone, has the mention of Germany sent him into flashbacks of the trenches from the great war?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:06 pm

It's not working.

I started to get an erection but then a vision of Galted in Wolfskin and Hi-Tec's popped into my head and I can't get it up again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:07 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It's not working.

I started to get an erection but then a vision of Galted in Wolfskin and Hi-Tec's popped into my head and I can't get it up again.

It takes me a while after I have ejaculated as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It's not working.

It takes me a while after I have ejaculated as well.

You only get a buckets worth over a lifetime, apparently.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:19 pm

I am quite cultured. I share my culinary and lawn care expertise. Have a lovely picture othe front end of my roller on the pitch last night which I could share?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:23 pm

Rowley wrote:Look all I am saying super, is Sean talks about shoving beer cans up unfortunate chicken's arses and provides us with regular updates about the frequency and consistency of his toilet visits, we have certain standards we have to maintain.

Well I can give you info about my toilet activity as well if you like, Rowley. But if you thought my posts about boxing were long and gruelling.....
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:26 pm

You're 26 Chris, you're still at an age where you can go a full night without getting up for a p*ss. Am sure tales of your toilet functions would only depress me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:33 pm

Coming from a man who lives in Rotherham and supports Aston Villa, that's really saying something.

Why Aston Villa, by the way?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:39 pm

Used to live in the midlands, moved there through my dad's job when I was about five, before that did not support anyone. Stuck with them because if there are a set of people I hate more than those that misuse the word literally it is people who change the team they support. Pity me and you were not on a fourm such as this in the late seventies/early 80s Chris, we could be the intolerably smug.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:41 pm

I am a closet MU fan and support Leeds. Probably best announced on an anonymous forum.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:42 pm

Rowley wrote:Used to live in the midlands, moved there through my dad's job when I was about five, before that did not support anyone. Stuck with them because if there are a set of people I hate more than those that misuse the word literally it is people who change the team they support. Pity me and you were not on a fourm such as this in the late seventies/early 80s Chris, we could be the intolerably smug.
Doesn't appear to have held you back much

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:46 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:Used to live in the midlands, moved there through my dad's job when I was about five, before that did not support anyone. Stuck with them because if there are a set of people I hate more than those that misuse the word literally it is people who change the team they support. Pity me and you were not on a fourm such as this in the late seventies/early 80s Chris, we could be the intolerably smug.

I hate liverpool

Viduka four goal display one of my best memories

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:53 pm

I like Liverpool. Had a soft spot for Rafa the Gaffer. Thought it was kind of endearing and admirable seeing him repeatedly try to start a war of words with the likes of Ferguson and Mourinho when you knew full well that he was going to get annihilated every time.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:43 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I hate liverpool

Viduka four goal display one of my best memories
Whereas there's hardly space on the internet to list all my wonderful Liverpool moments...such was the scope/scale of their domination of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:56 pm

They didn't have the internet in the 80's?

45 mins and then it is beer o'clock and a few choruses of 'no surrender'. Can't wait.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:25 pm

seanmichaels wrote:They didn't have the internet in the 80's?

45 mins and then it is beer o'clock and a few choruses of 'no surrender'. Can't wait.
Don't need to have the internet in the 80's for me to list my favourite Liverpool moment NOW is there Seany? Sure you haven't started drinking early or is last night's still swishing through your system?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:48 pm

Good team and won their share, but few clubs are easier to hate, maudlin whiny self pity passed off as passion. Concepts such as understatement and a quiet dignified approach to anything appear completely lost on them. The ground is a dump as well, attending Anfield remains one of the most underwhelming experiences of my life.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next