The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX

+37
EST
Manky-Flanker
InjuredYetAgain
JonnyEdinburgh
alive555
TheMildlyFranticLlama
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
Nematode
VinceWLB
des
justified sinner
cakeordeath
A Simply Mesmeric Try
lostinwales
IanBru
Prothero
Imperialbigdave
madmaccas
TJ
nickj
Eejit
Hazel Sapling
Tattie Scones RRN
RuggerRadge2611
demosthenes
EWT Spoons
CraigS1874
cp10
Weegie Wizard
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
BigGee
Majestic83
GLove39
21st Century Schizoid Man
41 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 9 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX

Post by George Carlin Sun 14 Jun 2015, 8:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Time Honoured Banter:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 9 Dave-a10
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv
https://www.606v2.com/t55409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-v-the-fun-continues
https://www.606v2.com/t56913p950-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vi-banter-boogaloo
https://www.606v2.com/t57946-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vii
https://www.606v2.com/t58659-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-viii

A. Edinburgh (2015-2016)
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 9 Patek10 
Players In
William Helu from Wasps
Nasi Manu from Highlanders
Nathan Fowles from Sale Sharks
Michael Allen from Ulster
Jack Cosgrove from Worcester Warriors

Players Out
Tom Heathcote to Worcester Warriors
Grayson Hart to Glasgow Warriors
Ollie Atkins to Exeter Chiefs
Tim Visser to Harlequins

B. Glasgow (2015-2016)
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 9 Flik_f10
Players In
Simone Favaro from Benetton Treviso
Grayson Hart from Edinburgh
Kieran Low from London Irish
Mike Blair from Newcastle Falcons
Sam Johnson from Queensland Reds
Greg Peterson from Leicester Tigers
Taqele Naiyaravoro from NSW Waratahs
Javan Sebastian from Carmarthen Quins

Players Out
Nikola Matawalu to Bath Rugby
Sean Maitland to London Irish
D.T.H. van der Merwe to Scarlets
Dougie Hall retired
Jon Welsh to Newcastle Falcons
Alastair Kellock retired
Murray McConnell to Nottingham
James Downey to Wasps
Tommy Spinks to Jersey
Euan Murray to Pau
Connor Braid released

Last edited by George Carlin on Sun 14 Jun 2015, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 9 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX

Post by jimbopip Fri 24 Jul 2015, 9:33 am

tigertattie wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Tiger, laughing clap  I had to read it three times before I saw what you did.

The subtltey of my work spelling is revered! angel

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 9 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX

Post by tigertattie Fri 24 Jul 2015, 10:59 am

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Tiger, laughing clap  I had to read it three times before I saw what you did.

The subtltey of my work spelling is revered! angel

My point exactly Hug
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by cp10 Fri 24 Jul 2015, 2:51 pm

Thank you to those who have given money to the charities - you've been very generous. It reminds you that rugby is more than just what happens on the pitch.

Once again thank you to all.

ps. I bought each of you raffles tickets. I'll be in touch if you win.

cp10

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 24 Jul 2015, 4:21 pm

How is the fundraising going generally, CP?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cp10 Fri 24 Jul 2015, 5:04 pm

George Carlin wrote:How is the fundraising going generally, CP?

Not sure, I'm just helping out. I know they've raise over £3,000 and we've bought tree house for the two boys.

Hoping for sunshine and burgers tomorrow!

cp10

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 25 Jul 2015, 2:07 pm

cp10 wrote:
George Carlin wrote:How is the fundraising going generally, CP?

Not sure, I'm just helping out. I know they've raise over £3,000 and we've bought tree house for the two boys.

Hoping for sunshine and burgers tomorrow!
Excellent. Unless a "tree house" is code for something young people do these days...
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 26 Jul 2015, 9:12 am

Mrs Cake took me out for some dinner last night. Who was sitting at the next table but Jonny Gray. Now I am 6'1 and 100kg and he made me look like a child.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 27 Jul 2015, 9:23 am

cakeordeath wrote:Mrs Cake took me out for some dinner last night. Who was sitting at the next table but Jonny Gray. Now I am 6'1 and 100kg and he made me look like a child.

mentally?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 27 Jul 2015, 10:35 am

tigertattie wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:Mrs Cake took me out for some dinner last night. Who was sitting at the next table but Jonny Gray. Now I am 6'1 and 100kg and he made me look like a child.

mentally?

thumbsup

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 28 Jul 2015, 9:47 am

Nothing to do with rugby but have just discovered the awesomeness of Batdad - if Radge, FES, GC et al don't take inspiration from this guy I'll be very disappointed!

https://youtu.be/pwUOMefafEI

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 28 Jul 2015, 1:36 pm

Edinburghs pre-season confirmed

Romania at the Greenyards
Ulster at Goldenacre

Will aim to go to the Ulster game - am interested to see how a pro game would cope there.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 28 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm

I'll try and head to Goldenacre as well. Good venue.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Tue 28 Jul 2015, 9:04 pm

I should be at Goldenacre unless work gets in the way, but no chance of Melrose on a Friday @6.30.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 28 Jul 2015, 9:05 pm

Yeah I saw that - strange to make it so early given it will mean hardly anyone from Edinburgh will actually be able to go.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Tue 28 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm

No floodlights hence the early kick off, might have considered 7.00 though . Still wouldn't work for me.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 29 Jul 2015, 9:59 am

Or have it on a sat afternoon!

Silly Edinburgh rugby!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by des Wed 29 Jul 2015, 10:56 am

Would have much preferred a Saturday afternoon like last year. That was a lovely day out in Melrose. There were plenty Leicester fans too, although I doubt there'll be much travelling support for Romania.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 29 Jul 2015, 11:35 am

Unless you believe Mr Farage... Erm
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Wed 29 Jul 2015, 4:08 pm

Good to see the Warriors are expanding to all weather seating in place of the West Stand terrace. Apparently they've sold 4000 season tickets already!

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/15/07/29/all-seater-stand-added-following-huge-demand-season-tickets

One thing that confuses me is the capacity

Nathan Bombrys wrote:
"The new stand will allow us to provide our supporters with more seats for season ticket memberships and will put our regular capacity at around 6,600 for home matches next season.

According to Wikipedia (such a reliable source!), the capacity is 9,708 (rugby)
(expandable to 15,000).

Anyone know what it actually is and how much this can be expanded to (as it has been in the run up to the playoffs/sevens)?

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cp10 Wed 29 Jul 2015, 4:19 pm

Wiki wrote:
Renovations involved building brand new state of the art stadium facilities housing new office space, meeting rooms, an indoor 100 metre sprint track, as well as resurfacing the outdoor 400 metre track with a full size rugby pitch in the in-field. The stands were extended creating a north stand and south stand which together can seat up to 5,000.

Anything above that is using temp stands.

From what I can tell two 600 seater stands are fitted within the running track. For bigger events like the 2 games vs. Ulster last year larger two 2000+ seaters are laid over the tracker.

cp10

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Wed 29 Jul 2015, 4:46 pm

I think I remember reading that with the east stand as seating and the west as terrace the capacity was going to be 7,000. So they must have realised that folk are more willing to buy a ST in the west stand if they get a seat but it means reducing the overall capacity and therefore the tickets for walk-ups.

Last season and the one before the capacity with both bigger stands towards the playoffs was down as 10,000. Not sure where wiki is getting that 15,000 figure from.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 31 Jul 2015, 10:06 am

Big Taq didn't make the latest Australian 31-man squad. Although Cheika does add: “In additional to the 31 players, we’ll be bringing some injured and fringe players into camp to continue their rehabilitation and manage their return to play. It’s important that they remain connected and contribute to the group." http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_66778,00.html

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Fri 31 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm

Warriors have just announced that they have agreed to release de Klerk for personal reasons. Hopefully nothing too serious but it does leave us even further up the creek.

Our only tight heads for next season are Fagerson and Rae. Can that be right?

Edit - oops, forgot the Coo. Just checked on website and Rae isn't listed anymore. Did we punt him? Also lists Gary Strain (??) and Steven Findlay (Hawks) as cover for the RWC.

Uncontested scrums?

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 31 Jul 2015, 3:44 pm

Unless Glasgow sign another tighthead they are completely buggered.

Bet this wish they hadn't let Welsh go now.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:37 pm

Feck me hard - that really is not good and getting a good tighthead (which we have always needed the moment Murray said he was leaving) this close to the RWC has to be exceptionally difficult, particularly given that it is not the policy of this club to throw money at a problem. Does Edinburgh have anyone they fancy lending? Puts a lot of pressure on Glasgow's youngfellers unless they are very, very confident of Cusack's future fitness.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 31 Jul 2015, 10:28 pm

Low, Cross and Welsh have all been through the doors at Scotstoun and deemed not good enough. Massive forthcoming season this for Fagerson, particularly with Cusack still to be properly tested after injury.

Not many good tightheads knocking about now for Glasgow to sign. I was worried about the quality we had in Berghan and Andress, but am feeling even more smug than usual seeing the predicament the Weegies are in.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 01 Aug 2015, 8:20 am

If Alex Dunbar is fit for the World Cup then Richie V comes back to Scotstoun and plays tight head, what's the problem?
The way things are going it will take a superhuman effort to make up ground after the World Cup. Thankfully we are Glasgow so no problems there.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 01 Aug 2015, 11:43 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Low, Cross and Welsh have all been through the doors at Scotstoun and deemed not good enough. Massive forthcoming season this for Fagerson, particularly with Cusack still to be properly tested after injury.

Not many good tightheads knocking about now for Glasgow to sign. I was worried about the quality we had in Berghan and Andress, but am feeling even more smug than usual seeing the predicament the Weegies are in.
For the sake of balance, Fagerson with two broken ankles, a dose of the flu and a lot on his mind is still a better player than either Berghan or Andress.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 01 Aug 2015, 12:11 pm

But George, that went without saying.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 01 Aug 2015, 12:24 pm

Surely at this point Glasgow could outbid Sale and get Brian Mujati?

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sat 01 Aug 2015, 5:02 pm

I've been away since the Ice Age so sorry for repeating this, but did anyone else notice that Roussow de Klerk was released from Glasgow?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 02 Aug 2015, 11:26 am

Mujati would be a very good signing. Can't think of many dcent alternatives unless Lineen and his scouting team have another up their sleeve. If Cusack suffers another injury then Glasgow are in the mire. Fagerson looks an outstanding talent, but he is greener than green for a tighthead and isn't ready to be the first choice cornerstone of the Glasgow pack.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Aug 2015, 8:26 am

Mujati would be an outstanding signing, other than the fact that he's already signed for Sale!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 03 Aug 2015, 9:36 am

Part of me feels sorry for Glasgow

then the rest of me remembers it's Glasgow and I fall about the floor laughing!

Victims of their own success I'm afraid!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 03 Aug 2015, 9:55 am

It was pointed out to me on twitter over the weekend that I've jumped the gun on D'Arcy Rae and he is still in the squad. That still only leaves us with him, young Ragnar and Cusack. We can't rely on a 19yr old or 20yr old having a breakthrough season at tight-head. Has anyone played a full season at that age?
I was expecting another 2 or 3 years until Fagerson and Rae were thought of as 1st XV players.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Aug 2015, 10:44 am

I'll say it again - why was Welsh deemed surplus to requirements??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 03 Aug 2015, 12:20 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I'll say it again - why was Welsh deemed surplus to requirements??

His ball in the Toonie Tombola has been lost!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 03 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=cd3be4a6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Check out number 52. All it takes is 1yr living in Glasgow

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm

Weegie Wizard wrote:https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=cd3be4a6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Check out number 52. All it takes is 1yr living in Glasgow

That's some impressive detective work!

So would it be fair to speculate that he's (allegedly) got himself in trouble and they released him from his contract before more bad publicity hit Glasgow?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 03 Aug 2015, 1:32 pm

No idea but 'personal reasons' is normally code for 'wants to go home' or 'other player(s) slept with wife'. Presumably the papers will pick it up in the next couple of days and we'll find out.

I should come clean and admit that I read this on the Warriors fans forum.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm

I'm not overly familiar with the terminology - what could 'small claims, criminal' actually mean? I'm assuming they are fairly low-level cases typically?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 03 Aug 2015, 1:41 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I'm not overly familiar with the terminology - what could 'small claims, criminal' actually mean? I'm assuming they are fairly low-level cases typically?

I haven't got a clue, but happy to speculate. I heard that he stole the Al Kellock Award Trophy For Being Called Al Kellock, mistaking it for a proper trophy, and tried to sell it on the streets in exchange for a one way ticket to paradise Stockbridge.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 03 Aug 2015, 1:43 pm

The small claims bit is a link to a section further down the page so he is in the 'criminal' section. I think the Sherrif Court is the middle one in terms of serious offences so it could be a BBQ Kings vol 2. I'm sure others will be better informed than me.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 03 Aug 2015, 2:13 pm

To be fair he probably just assumed that all Glasgow forwards required a criminal record to be eligible for the Tombola.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 03 Aug 2015, 2:17 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:To be fair he probably just assumed that all Glasgow forwards required a criminal record to be eligible for the Tombola.

laughing
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 03 Aug 2015, 4:35 pm

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/klerk-exits-glasgow-warriors-after-stalking-charge-1-3848166

Charged with stalking! Drool

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Aug 2015, 5:26 pm

Weegie Wizard wrote:http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/klerk-exits-glasgow-warriors-after-stalking-charge-1-3848166

Charged with stalking! Drool

Jeezo, Glasgow are really starting to make the England rugby team look like a bunch of girl scouts in comparison when it comes to off-field discipline!

Couldn't have happened to a worst position either.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 03 Aug 2015, 9:11 pm

Odd that the incident was said to have occurred at Scotstoun. Can you stalk someone at your place of work, where you're supposed to be anyway??

All very odd.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 03 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm

Maybe a Glasgow employee....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 03 Aug 2015, 9:20 pm

My theory is that he saw Meatball's moobs in the shower and simply got confused.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next