The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

+38
Tramptastic
RDW
BigGee
tigertattie
George Carlin
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
Eejit
EWT Spoons
Hazel Sapling
21st Century Schizoid Man
Cambo
EST
des
TJ
VinceWLB
Welly
NeilyBroon
Majestic83
munkian
MacKnocked-on
Geordie
demosthenes
Scottrf
furra_linee
LordDowlais
RuggerRadge2611
A Simply Mesmeric Try
BamBam
highland_scot
IanBru
reallybored
nickj
lostinwales
tatterd
LondonTiger
R!skysports
42 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 4 Empty The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by R!skysports Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bicker away......

A nice video to start with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9dwHAfy_M

Glasgow Warriors are one of the two professional rugby union sides from Scotland. The team plays in the Pro14 league and in the European Professional Club Rugby tournaments. In the 2014-15 season they won the Pro12 title and became the first Scottish team to win a major trophy in rugby union's professional era. #theyrock

Edinburgh Rugby (formerly Edinburgh Reivers, Edinburgh Gunners and a real rugby team) is one of the two professional rugby teams from Scotland, although hard to determine if they play rugby. The club competes dances in the Pro14, along with Glasgow Warriors, its oldest rival. Since January 2017, Edinburgh plays most of its home games at Myreside Stadium with selected matches at BT Murrayfield.

kiss

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 4 Davefr10

Last edited by R!skysports on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 4 Empty Re: The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by BigGee Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:43 am

James Lang having another very good game for Quins down in La Rochelle. Playing 12 outside Marcus Smith today, but looks very composed.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 4 Empty Re: The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by TJ Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:11 am

A wee thought on props. Both Glasgow and Edinburgh did OK in the scrums this wekend - does that mean our fear over allthe missing props might be overstated?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 am

Six Nations is a different animal and a massive step up. The occasion brings out the best in teams. Or in our case our suicidal worst.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Embra you massive helmets

Love

The Dragons.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 pm

I take it us losing to Stade meant the Dragons didn't qualify?

Sorry about that!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I take it us losing to Stade meant the Dragons didn't qualify?

Sorry about that!

Yupp - we should have beaten Newcastle and put more on the Russians previously to be 'fair' but boxing
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm

munkian wrote:Embra you massive helmets

Love

The Dragons.

Yup - thats Edinburgh. a team of massive helmets lead by a Klingon.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:35 pm

Looking at Edinburgh's Pro 14 run in, we've been helped by Ulster's signing of Stephen Donald falling through (as he injured himself) leaving them without a top class 10. We don't have one either but every little helps!

Our fixture run in is:

Leinster H
Ulster A
Dragons A
Munster H
Connacht A
Ulster H
Scarlets H
Glasgow H

With the first 4 games happening during the 6N window. It certainly isn't an easy run in and we could find ourselves only winning 2-3 games, which puts us at risk of losing out on the playoff spot as Trevsio's run in isn't too bad. So it is going to be a real test of Edinburgh's new resolve under Cockerill as we're going to have to pull off some big wins - beating at least 2 of the Irish teams at home and picking up an away win or two. It may all come down to the last game against the great unwashed!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 am

Edinburgh have a shot and certainly should be targeting Leinster at home when they are likely to miss their entire first team and some back-ups.

Ulster will now be relying on a youngster to be the man to finish the season and John Cooney may be his back-up at this point needing to maintain a 3 point lead.

Ulster's fixture run in is
Kings (H)
Edinburgh (H)
Scarlets (A)
Glasgow (H)
Cardiff (A)
Edinburgh (A)
Ospreys (H)
Munster (A)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:56 am

Over at Scotland’s only professional team that are actually any good, Glasgow have

Dragons away
Cheetahs home
The Thomond Park boo boys away
Ulster away
Zebre home (first game post 6N)
Scarlets away
Connacht home
And of course the Effeminates at the library again

Some tricky fixtures including Munster the day before the Calcutta Cup. Scarlets away will be a test of where the squad are as if they’re coming good then we should have ourselves a weekend in Dublin at the end of May.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:10 am

Glasgow have such a big lead in the conference that they can do a lot of squad rotation and still end up with a him semi final. Cheetahs at home during the 6N will be an interesting test but the Cheetahs haven't traveled well.

Zebre home after the 6N is a good chance to rest the Scotland players with the cavalry being called in for the final 3 games (which I'm sure will have breaks for the Champions Cup playoffs) to give them some momentum leading up to the Pro 14 playoffs.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:18 pm

I placed an order for 2 cases of wine at Oddbins on Mitchell Street to be delivered to a world class Ayrshire address on boxing day and apparently the snow was so bad they had to postpone the drive for 4 days. I know that this has nothing to do with rugby but I am trying to determine whether they were pulling my plonker or whether the snow really was that bad over Christmas.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Well it snowed on boxing day GC but not as much as last week/weekend. As you know coastal Ayrshire usually not too bad. In summary not too bad over Christmas unless Ayr has an arctic micro climate.

Back to top Go down

Post by des Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 am

George Carlin wrote:I placed an order for 2 cases of wine at Oddbins on Mitchell Street to be delivered to a world class Ayrshire address on boxing day and apparently the snow was so bad they had to postpone the drive for 4 days. I know that this has nothing to do with rugby but I am trying to determine whether they were pulling my plonker or whether the snow really was that bad over Christmas.
Oddbins is quite nice but why not use the Good Spirits Co instead?

This is a shameless plug for my wife's friend's shop. It is genuinely brilliant shop though. I get a trip there each Christmas to choose a bottle of something.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:04 am

des wrote:
George Carlin wrote:I placed an order for 2 cases of wine at Oddbins on Mitchell Street to be delivered to a world class Ayrshire address on boxing day and apparently the snow was so bad they had to postpone the drive for 4 days. I know that this has nothing to do with rugby but I am trying to determine whether they were pulling my plonker or whether the snow really was that bad over Christmas.

This is a shameless plug for my wife's friend's shop.  It is genuinely brilliant shop though.  I get a trip there each Christmas to choose a bottle of something.
The one on Bath Street? Love it - bought a bottle of my local single malt there (Arran 18).

I was also a big fan of the pretty, posh girl who sold it to me. That comma is relevant.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:25 am

Is the comma relevant because you bill extra for punctuation, George?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:23 am

George Carlin wrote:
des wrote:

This is a shameless plug for my wife's friend's shop.  It is genuinely brilliant shop though.  I get a trip there each Christmas to choose a bottle of something.
The one on Bath Street? Love it - bought a bottle of my local single malt there (Arran 18).

I was also a big fan of the pretty, posh girl who sold it to me. That comma is relevant.
Good Spirit Co is an absolute gem! I make a point of dropping into the gin section whenever I'm up in town. I do think the guy behind the till was taking the proverbial though, suggesting I garnish my G&T with mango and chewing gum.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 pm

jimbopip wrote:Is the comma relevant because you bill extra for punctuation, George?
Fact.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:32 am

Edinburgh QF confirmed for Sat 31st March at Murrayfield 1745 ko on Sky Sports.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:45 am

EWT Spoons wrote:Edinburgh QF confirmed for Sat 31st March at Murrayfield 1745 ko on Sky Sports.

I hope both teams lose mad
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:03 am

George Carlin wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Is the comma relevant because you bill extra for punctuation, George?
Fact.

A cracking one here for grammar lovers.  I was sent it recently.  Relevant and necessary use of the apostrophe!  

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 4 Sun14

p.s. I do not buy/read The Sun!

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:32 am

21 Stars in 'curse' snub to strictly?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Scotland 7s annihilate Canada 52-5 in the opening leg of the Sydney 7s, and they're no mugs. As a unit we looked like a fantastic 7s team, with Riddell and Cuthbert carrying powerfully and the backs showing great speed and flair. It was great to watch!

Max McFarlend - signed by Glasgow on a partnership contract with the 7s - scored a hattrick and looks to have something about him. He's a similar build to Jim Fleming - slight but absolutely rapid. He's bigger than Darcy Graham though!

They have a tough pool with USA and Australia still to come but they'll have a lot of confidence from this game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:53 pm

Kevin Bryce has left Edinburgh on loan to Carnegie.

Claims to be a short term loan, but he's out of contract this season, so I assume that's him gone permanently.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:07 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Kevin Bryce has left Edinburgh on loan to Carnegie.

Claims to be a short term loan, but he's out of contract this season, so I assume that's him gone permanently.

He just needs to play some rugby and is never really going to get that chance at Edinburgh. We are still not sure if he can play prop or not, though it seems more likely to be not!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:09 pm

We only had 2 tightheads left - who is going to bench now??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:17 pm

We still have Miller-Mills and Shields don't we?

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Forgot about Miller-Mills, although neither are exactly solid options. Berghan will be back soon unless he's picked for Scotland (which may depend on how the Wales game goes).

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 pm

I agree they are far from the greatest, but so far they've been better than Bryce, but that has been a fairly low bar.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:45 am

The Bath v Newcastle AWC game may well be worth a watch for any Scotland fans interested in the next generation of second rows coming through.

The Newcastle pairing is Glen Young and Andrew Davidson with Callum Hunter-Hill who has been loaned to the Falcons for a couple of weeks, warming the pine and will hopefully get a decent run out as well.

Newcastle clearly in need of a bit of second row cover and CHH badly in need of a bit of game time, so a good arrangement all round really.

Jake Kerr and Luke Hamilton also starting for Leicester in the same competition this week.

Hamilton appears to be moving on from the Tigers at the end of this season and seems to have been a little frozen out. He could do a decent job for Glasgow if they feel they need another back row and we probably do.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:50 am

Not sure if it has been reported on here but matt scott is being released by Gloucester at the end of the season. Rumours are he's heading back to Edinburgh.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 am

Majestic83 wrote:Not sure if it has been reported on here but matt scott is being released by Gloucester at the end of the season. Rumours are he's heading back to Edinburgh.

Probably not helped his case that he's been injured most of this season. He was excellent for them last season.

Assuming Rasolea is off I'd welcome him back with open arms, although we'd be fairly well stocked with centres.

12 - Scott, Burleigh, Dean
13 - Bennett, JJ

Scott-Bennett would be an exciting partnership!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:59 am

On that note he's on the bench for Gloucester tonight - apparently his injury meant he wasn't in the European squad.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Scotland 7s annihilate Canada 52-5 in the opening leg of the Sydney 7s, and they're no mugs. As a unit we looked like a fantastic 7s team, with Riddell and Cuthbert carrying powerfully and the backs showing great speed and flair. It was great to watch!

Max McFarlend - signed by Glasgow on a partnership contract with the 7s - scored a hattrick and looks to have something about him. He's a similar build to Jim Fleming - slight but absolutely rapid. He's bigger than Darcy Graham though!

They have a tough pool with USA and Australia still to come but they'll have a lot of confidence from this game.

Disappointment for the 7s as the fall to defeats to USA and Australia - they were leading against Australia until a late try gave Aus the win.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:57 pm

Watched the Aus game, which we did well to get back into and probably should have won, being 7 v 6 players on the last play before knocking it on.

Max McPharland does have some serious wheels though, scary fast. Not sure what the rest of his game is like yet, but definitely one to keep an eye on.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:39 am

Not sure if good news that Scott is coming back to Edinburgh. Wasn't he leading try scorer last season for Glos?

If he stays healthy, he blocks off a position pushing JJ/Dean down a spot in the order. If he does not, he is an expensive squad player. It is good news as it strengthens Edinburgh, it is bad news in reducing development time for JJ and Dean.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:45 am

Yeah he was Gloucester's top try scorer last session season!

To be fair Burleigh's contract is up this season too - he's been a great servant for Edinburgh but is 30 now and professional sport is brutal. There's also less need for his steadying influence at 12 given we have proper 10s in VDW and Hickey next season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:01 am

Are there rumours about where he might be off to? France or England?

Is there a list somewhere of whose out of contract for both Scots sides?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Rumours abound that it is a finals day at The Library on 28 April with our game last of 4 at 1930hrs. Not sure why and will cause problems for Warriors getting back to Glasgow with that KO time. Also thought that all the games had to be at the same time on final day ? Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Blizzare weekend for the 7s team with the wheels well and truly coming off after the first game. Having lost the remaining 2 group games they then lose to Russia in the losers cup, beat Spain in the bigger losers cup then lose to Canada in the final - the team they humped 2 days previously!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:18 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Rumours abound that it is a finals day at The Library on 28 April with our game last of 4 at 1930hrs.    Not sure why and will cause problems for Warriors getting back to Glasgow with that KO time.  Also thought that all the games had to be at the same time on final day ? Headscratch

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/01/26/rugby-fans-invited-silver-saturday-1872-cup-joins-domestic-bt-finals

It's no rumour! Train's back to Glasgow run until 23:30 and there's busses until 5am!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:29 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Rumours abound that it is a finals day at The Library on 28 April with our game last of 4 at 1930hrs.    Not sure why and will cause problems for Warriors getting back to Glasgow with that KO time.  Also thought that all the games had to be at the same time on final day ? Headscratch

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/01/26/rugby-fans-invited-silver-saturday-1872-cup-joins-domestic-bt-finals

It's no rumour! Train's back to Glasgow run until 23:30 and there's busses until 5am!

In theory, this is a great move by the SRU, playing the finals on the same day as the last 1872 game at BTMF. Should see a big crowd and from the sound of things they have a lot of stuff planned. Hopefully a team from the east and west make it to the final(s) to give both Glasgow & Edinburgh fans someone to cheer on.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:31 am

21st raised a good point about kick off time - I also thought all games on the final day had to kick off at the same time.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:02 pm

They definitely did in 2015 when we hammered Ulster in the last game as the top 4 changed 3 or 4 times as the games progressed with Connacht sticking it to Ospreys in the last minute and Munster confirming 2nd place.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:22 pm

Maybe all the games will be an evening kickoff!

You'd hope the SRU would have thought about this....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Just read that Matt Scott is likely to be released by Gloucester in the summer.

He'd be a great signing for Edinburgh imo and looked good playing alongside Bennett for Scotland a couple seasons back.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:50 pm

reallybored wrote:Just read that Matt Scott is likely to be released by Gloucester in the summer.

He'd be a great signing for Edinburgh imo and looked good playing alongside Bennett for Scotland a couple seasons back.

I agree, but apparently Edinburgh, along with Bath, are looking at Juan Pablo Socino.  According to a couple of sources

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
reallybored wrote:Just read that Matt Scott is likely to be released by Gloucester in the summer.

I agree, but apparently Edinburgh, along with Bath, are looking at Juan Pablo Socino.  According to a couple of sources

Yeah we discussed Matt Scott over the weekend on here - I'd personally be delighted if he moved back.

Socino would be a great signing but I'd prefer local boy Matt Scott!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:

Yeah we discussed Matt Scott over the weekend on here - I'd personally be delighted if he moved back.

Socino would be a great signing but I'd prefer local boy Matt Scott!

Yeah. Although if both are an option I wouldn't complain. Especially if Bennett and Scott are away with Scotland, Socinio would be available during the 6 nations.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Hardie made his long awaited comeback for Hawick at the weekend…..going off before 15 mins with a head knock that required plastic surgery.

There has to come a point where he should probably pack in rugby, he’s way too injury prone.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next