The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Davie
Shotrock
incontinentia
JuliusHMarx
westisbest
super_realist
superflyweight
navyblueshorts
I'm never wrong
JAS
dynamark
pedro
Soul Requiem
beninho
McLaren
19 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Sat 20 Jun 2020, 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Navy

And what super has also missed is that the statues and TV shows are not really the main focus of the protests. They are easy news bites to bring up but the meat of the protesters argument is about equality for black people.

I also don't think super is correct that just because you support BLM you don't also worry about atrocities committed in other spheres of life. It is just that currently the focus is on racism towards black people.

As much as he hates America, Super would really fit into their libertarian ways.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Fri 03 Jul 2020, 2:00 pm

JAS come on get a grip of yourself(my attempt at social care)you are letting yourself go 7 handicap indeed.
7 was my best ever most of the guys I knew in lower numbers didn't have time for wives or even girlfriends far too busy hitting golf balls 6 hours a day. I would hit the course most mornings at 7 trot round 9 holes and be at work for 8 play Tuesday night/Saturday am and then look after the children sat pm.Sadly my wife them went out to see her boyfriend Saturday afternoons!!

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 03 Jul 2020, 4:25 pm

Just saw that you can get Hamilton on disney+, I have been meaning to sign up for a while now to see the last Star Wars movie, this might get me to do it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 03 Jul 2020, 4:33 pm

I got Disney +. Decent enough.

Watched The Mandalorian. Thought it was pretty good.

My son has got into Star Wars/Star Wars Lego. Watched on Disney +

Some decent National Geographic stuff on there to.

It’s decent all round.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 03 Jul 2020, 4:35 pm

My wife loves Disney so it would probably make sense to get it. And yeh I have heard the mandalorian is worth a watch.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 03 Jul 2020, 4:37 pm

I think decent enough is a fair description Westi, some good stuff on there but it is quite thin on overall content. Free Solo on National Geographic is definitely worth a watch, one of the most incredible physical feats ever.

Mandalorian starts well loses it in the middle and gets it back at the end, looking forward to series two later in the year and the eventual release of the Marvel series as well especially Winter Soldier and Falcon, less keen on Wandavision.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 03 Jul 2020, 4:44 pm

I’m a bit of a Star Wars nut. Although not so keen on the last 3.
Did enjoy Rogue One & Solo: A Star Wars Story

Mandalorian was better towards the end. Next season starts in October I think.

I heard they were making a film about Boba Fett some time down the line, I’ll watch that.

In terms of Marvel, I really hope they make another Guardians Of The Galaxy, but with Thor in it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 03 Jul 2020, 4:50 pm

Westie, I just can't get into Marvel. I have tried because my wife likes it but that sort of movie just isn't my thing. Although I heard the plot of Dr Strange and actually fancied watching it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 03 Jul 2020, 4:51 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:I think decent enough is a fair description Westi, some good stuff on there but it is quite thin on overall content. Free Solo on National Geographic is definitely worth a watch, one of the most incredible physical feats ever.
I found Free Solo excellent, the most tense thing I've ever watched!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 03 Jul 2020, 4:59 pm

McLaren wrote:Westie, I just can't get into Marvel. I have tried because my wife likes it but that sort of movie just isn't my thing.  Although I heard the plot of Dr Strange and actually fancied watching it.

I’ve only seen a couple of the Avengers films. The first Thor and Thor Ragnarok.

Few of the Spider-Man films, think Tom Holland plays the part well.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 03 Jul 2020, 8:26 pm

Never saw that first half happening

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 03 Jul 2020, 9:35 pm

One foot at Wembley Ben.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 04 Jul 2020, 6:46 am

McLaren wrote:Westie, I just can't get into Marvel. I have tried because my wife likes it but that sort of movie just isn't my thing.  Although I heard the plot of Dr Strange and actually fancied watching it.

I think we are all too old for superhero films Mac. They seem to me to be very much for teenagers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 04 Jul 2020, 6:47 am

McLaren wrote:Just saw that you can get Hamilton on disney+, I have been meaning to sign up for a while now to see the last Star Wars movie, this might get me to do it.

I absolutely hate musicals. I cannot see the appeal whatsoever.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 04 Jul 2020, 8:19 am

super_realist wrote:

I think we are all too old for superhero films Mac. They seem to me to be very much for teenagers.

Not really super. Speak for yourself. A lot of adults enjoy those type of films.

They are for a wider audience. Nothing wrong with them at all.

Your never to old. Age is just a number. Playa. Wink

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 04 Jul 2020, 1:56 pm

Not really seen many of the marvel etc films. But, loved Deadpool 1 and 2. Very funny.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 04 Jul 2020, 2:27 pm

super_realist wrote:

I took a whole week off work with my partner last April so we could watch all the marvel films back to back before Endgame came out which we saw at 9 o'clock in the morning. I've got numerous collectables too, can never be too old to enjoy something.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 04 Jul 2020, 2:33 pm

Loved The first Deadpool. Thought the second was ok

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 04 Jul 2020, 6:52 pm

I enjoyed the older superhero movies but the modern Marvel films are complete garbage. They are trying to be funny all the time and it ends up just being stupid.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 04 Jul 2020, 9:47 pm

I actually thought the Thor/GOTG scenes in Engame were quality.
Hence why I would hope they make that film.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun 05 Jul 2020, 11:21 am

I know I am quite old but I thought Marvel was comics presume they have made films with the characters.
Big win for Leicester yesterday needed that as did Vardy.Right old battle now for the top 4.Really missing Periera at RB may be the make or break to the season.
Little bit more in the news today about our virus problems and starting to examine the particular areas and manufacturing/factory situations.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 05 Jul 2020, 11:34 am

At least the people in the area you have issues with won't be spreading covid in the pubs like a lot of idiots are.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 05 Jul 2020, 12:42 pm

McLaren wrote:At least the people in the area you have issues with won't be spreading covid in the pubs like a lot of idiots are.

How do you know? The Daily Mail told you?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 05 Jul 2020, 2:01 pm

Davie

It was a semi facetious point about dyna being down on Muslim communities.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 05 Jul 2020, 2:05 pm

McLaren wrote:Davie

How was he down on Muslim communities?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:11 pm

super_realist wrote:

He wasn't

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:57 pm

super_realist wrote:

He implied that he didn't like them using local butchers and fruit/veg stores, as this increased the risk of spreading coronavirus.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 06 Jul 2020, 9:45 am

Please I'm not down on muslim communities my neighbour is Asian muslim(born in Manchester though).smashing fella.
Its just a fact that the really badly affected parts of town are generally Asian muslim and they have a different culture,social and family structures plus some language difficulty .The infection rates are far worse than other parts of the UK serious stuff.Serious concern about the ongoing garment manufacturing industry with very low wages and safety standards in the factories.
Pubs in my area haven't opened yet as they were concerned about folk coming out of the lockdown area.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 06 Jul 2020, 12:07 pm

super_realist wrote:

Super, we are all stuck in the house a little more than usual at the moment and so have more time to watch movies. Would you give me some movie recommendations to help me pick what to watch next? Hopefully there will be a few I haven't watched.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 06 Jul 2020, 3:02 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Super, we are all stuck in the house a little more than usual at the moment and so have more time to watch movies. Would you give me some movie recommendations to help me pick what to watch next? Hopefully there will be a few I haven't watched.
Some recent ones I found very good were:
Once upon a time in Hollywood,
The Gentleman (I do love liberal use of the C word in a film:) )
Parasite
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 06 Jul 2020, 3:11 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I'm sure there are loads of woke and right on films you could be watching Mac. Why not see if Maxine Peak has anything interesting on Imdb? Peterloo would probably be right up your street. laughing

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 06 Jul 2020, 3:49 pm

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is good.
What sort of films do you like Mac? Thriller/action/adventure/horror?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 06 Jul 2020, 4:05 pm

Like the film recently about the Bletchley codebreakers Alan Turing and all very well put together probably not very factual but the thing was very well presented . I think the basic theme that one of the ladies on duty saw two messages the same but with a spelling error was the breakthrough moment and I think said lady passed away recently -secrets act and all but good historical stuff.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 06 Jul 2020, 7:48 pm

Films I have watched recently and enjoyed are

Parasite
Okja
Annihilation
Blue Velvet
Ex Machina
Snowpiercer
Spotlight

Also as I thought, super will offer criticisms of other peoples taste but won't reveal what he likes.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 06 Jul 2020, 8:03 pm

Parasite was brilliant, very enjoyable flick.

You should get on The Gentlemen mac if you havent seen it, Hugh Grant is brilliant in it.

Also, Knives Out is a very good flick.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 06 Jul 2020, 8:19 pm

McLaren wrote:Films I have watched recently and enjoyed are

Okja- I found this to be a drab waste of my time, predictable all the way through
Annihilation- decent premise, well acted and gripping throughout, not overly keen on the ending but well worth watching.
Blue Velvet- Lynch at his insane best, uncomfortably scene one after another, a return to acting form for Dennis Hopper.
Ex Machina- similar to Annihilation (same director) and had me guessing throughout and one by one it disproved all my theories and ended up being the obvious but not obvious ending.
Snowpiercer- keep meaning to watch the film but the series is good so far
Spotlight- absolutely brilliant, superbly acted and such an important subject.

A few of my personal favourites

Midnight Cowboy
Unforgiven
American History X
The Guard
Four Lions

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Jul 2020, 9:41 pm

Don't miss the short film 'Alexiss' (with 2 s's) on Amazon Prime

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 06 Jul 2020, 10:26 pm

incontinentia wrote:Parasite was brilliant, very enjoyable flick.

You should get on The Gentlemen mac if you havent seen it, Hugh Grant is brilliant in it.

Tried to watch it but Daniel Craig is such an horrendously bad actor I had to give up, just a load of luvvy, hammed up nonsense.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 06 Jul 2020, 10:57 pm

super_realist wrote:

Tried to watch it but Daniel Craig is such an horrendously bad actor I had to give up, just a load of luvvy, hammed up nonsense.
I'm not his biggest fan either. Ana de Armas is a nice bit of crumpet though no?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 06 Jul 2020, 10:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Don't miss the short film 'Alexiss' (with 2 s's) on Amazon Prime
Is that a porno? I googled Alexiss and was greeted with several images of buxom women
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Jul 2020, 11:45 pm

incontinentia wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Don't miss the short film 'Alexiss' (with 2 s's) on Amazon Prime
Is that a porno? I googled Alexiss and was greeted with several images of buxom women

It's not porno - don't think they allow it on Prime. Just go on the Amazon main site and search for it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 07 Jul 2020, 12:48 am

Once upon a time in Hollowood was good. But don’t forget to watch the Sergio Leone movies it pays hommage to: Once upon a time in the west & in america. (Plus, if you like Westerns, of course Leone’s Dollars trilogy.) With the music of Morricone it doesn’t get much better.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 07 Jul 2020, 7:04 am

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I'm not his biggest fan either. Ana de Armas is a nice bit of crumpet though no?

Conventionally good looking if you like women who look about 17.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 07 Jul 2020, 7:11 am

Wembley Wembley

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 07 Jul 2020, 8:14 am

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

not sure what you're getting at there super, she looks like a mature woman. First saw her in War Dogs, which is also a good movie
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 07 Jul 2020, 8:31 am

beninho wrote:Wembley  Wembley

Good luck Ben. Be an interesting game.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 07 Jul 2020, 8:36 am

Re westerns, my all time favourite was The Magnificent Seven.

What a cast. Brynner and McQueen were excellent.
Eli Wallach stole the show as Calvera.

I did enjoy the remake with Denzel Washington. Wasn’t the same though.

John Wayne was excellent ion western films to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 07 Jul 2020, 1:17 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

If you're looking for a top tv series to watch that you mightn't have heard of, try Love/Hate. For my money its better than 99% of American dramas.

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/love-hate/SI0000000982?epguid=AI000003538
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 07 Jul 2020, 2:21 pm

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

She is 32.

Super, have you ever said anything positive about a woman?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 07 Jul 2020, 2:40 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

She is 32.

Super, have you ever said anything positive about a woman?

Or anybody for that matter. Wink

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 07 Jul 2020, 3:01 pm

Ana de Armas is also in the new blade runner, another movie I thought was pretty good.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next