The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Davie
Shotrock
incontinentia
JuliusHMarx
westisbest
super_realist
superflyweight
navyblueshorts
I'm never wrong
JAS
dynamark
pedro
Soul Requiem
beninho
McLaren
19 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Sat 20 Jun 2020, 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Navy

And what super has also missed is that the statues and TV shows are not really the main focus of the protests. They are easy news bites to bring up but the meat of the protesters argument is about equality for black people.

I also don't think super is correct that just because you support BLM you don't also worry about atrocities committed in other spheres of life. It is just that currently the focus is on racism towards black people.

As much as he hates America, Super would really fit into their libertarian ways.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Sat 25 Jul 2020, 2:35 pm

At least his wife scored a ton.

pedro

BlueCoverman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Sun 26 Jul 2020, 11:33 am

I it literally unfathomable to me why anyone is interested in cricket.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 26 Jul 2020, 11:49 am

Everybody has different tastes in sport etc Mac. Not hard to understand.Wink

Cricket can be quite exciting towards the end, when there are a couple of overs left, no wickets in hand and batting side only need a certain amount of runs to win.

Big day in the prem today.
C’mon Villa. Let’s hope we will be returning to Anfield etc next season and not our neighbours.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 26 Jul 2020, 12:26 pm

super_realist wrote:
BlueCoverman wrote:Can't wait to hear what Super has got to say about the big lad playing cricket for the West Indies in the Test Match against England today! Laugh

It's only cricket, not a proper athletic sport, more of a pastime.

Very similar to golf in that respect.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 26 Jul 2020, 1:03 pm

westie

No, I used literally in it's actual definition.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sun 26 Jul 2020, 6:54 pm

super_realist wrote:
BlueCoverman wrote:Can't wait to hear what Super has got to say about the big lad playing cricket for the West Indies in the Test Match against England today! Laugh

That may well have been true a few years ago, in the Botham and Gatting era and before Super. I would argue that in modern cricket today and especially in the limited overs game, the players have to be extremely athletic.

BlueCoverman

LadyPutt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 26 Jul 2020, 7:18 pm

McLaren wrote:westie

No, I used literally in it's actual definition.

Shame the rest of the sentence made no sense whatsoever :-P

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jul 2020, 6:21 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
super_realist wrote:

True, golf and cricket fail the trouser test.

Very similar to golf in that respect.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 27 Jul 2020, 11:43 am

McLaren wrote:I it literally unfathomable to me why anyone is interested in cricket.
That’s how I feel about football but we’re all entitled to enjoy what we prefer. Give me five days at a test match any day Very Happy
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jul 2020, 12:22 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
McLaren wrote:I it literally unfathomable to me why anyone is interested in cricket.
That’s how I feel about football but we’re all entitled to enjoy what we prefer. Give me five days at a test match any day Very Happy

It's odd to say cricket is boring, but to be a fan of F1 like Mac is. Without doubt one of the most boring spectacles on TV led by the biggest hypocrites in sport. It is effectively a coin toss between the two drivers of one team with the rest of the field doing nothing more than making up the numbers in what is not much more than an engineering competition.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jul 2020, 12:27 pm

Super

You consistently demonstrate that you have a learning difficulty with maths and statistics. Do you you think Hamilton and bottas both have a 0.5 probability of beating the other one?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jul 2020, 12:34 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

You consistently demonstrate that you have a learning difficulty with maths and statistics. Do you you think Hamilton and bottas both have a 0.5 probability of beating the other one?

Bloody hell Mac, it's hyperbole.
F1 is effectively a race between the two members of the top team. Whichever one gets into an early lead in the Drivers standing effectively takes over being the main driver to which the team will offer greatest focus for the rest of the season.

Of course I don't think that it's 50/50 between them, Hypocrite Hamilton is obviously the favoured member of that team, but that doesn't mean Bottas can't win as we have seen and couldn't in the coming races move himself into the top driver for this season should a few results go his way.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 27 Jul 2020, 12:37 pm

How would you know unless you watch or follow f1?

Which you claim you don't.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jul 2020, 12:40 pm

McLaren wrote:How would you know unless you watch or follow f1?

I've watched and read enough about it before to know it's the dullest "sport" in Britain.

Why don't they make it more exciting? It's horrendous.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 27 Jul 2020, 3:26 pm

Why his Hamilton a hypocrite?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 27 Jul 2020, 3:56 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:How would you know unless you watch or follow f1?

I've watched and read enough about it  before to know it's the dullest "sport" in Britain.

Why don't they make it more exciting? It's horrendous.
They can't/won't. Agree it's tedious in the extreme.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 27 Jul 2020, 4:03 pm

incontinentia wrote:Why his Hamilton a hypocrite?
Oh, I don't know. Getting all woke re. the environment while jetting around the planet and driving in F1? Driving for Mercedes, a company that profited during WWII on the backs of slave labour? Competing in F1 in countries such as Russia, Gulf States etc?

Simply just being a historical Mr Winklechops re. taxes and private jets are bad enough for me. No, I don't give a 4X that's he's coloured; I just don't like him or his attitude. Never have.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 27 Jul 2020, 4:06 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Oh, I don't know. Getting all woke re. the environment while jetting around the planet and driving in F1? Driving for Mercedes, a company that profited during WWII on the backs of slave labour? Competing in F1 in countries such as Russia, Gulf States etc?

Simply just being a historical Mr Winklechops re. taxes and private jets are bad enough for me. No, I don't give a 4X that's he's coloured; I just don't like him or his attitude. Never have.

Completely agree, he wants other to live to standards he himself wilfully ignores. If you want to bang on about the environment or any social issue at least practice what you preach. The guy has undoubted talent but he's so far up his own backside that he's become intolerable.

In fairness any time a celebrity speaks out on an issue they end up looking like an idiot. Anthony Joshua is another prime example of that, on one hand he speaks out in favour of #BLM, fair enough but on the other he's more than happy making millions fighting in Saudi Arabia, a country with an atrocious human rights record, a country who along with Qatar and the UAE benefit from modern day slavery.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jul 2020, 5:06 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Are you actually serious? He's got the largest carbon footprint of probably any Brit other than the other environmental hypocrites Prince Harry (whose carbon footprint has been calculated as being 26x yours or mine, so Hamiltons is probably 50x) and David Attenborough but goes on about the environment and how everyone should stop flying and cut down their emissions. If he actually cared, he'd retire on the spot as he can certainly afford to or at the very least would go and join the pseuo Green Formula E series.

He goes on about black lives matter yet lives in the whitest part of Europe, Monaco instead of paying taxes in the UK to support the people he claims are oppressed.
He's also sponsored by Mercedes, who helped build gas Chambers and had a role in the holocaust and also Hugo Boss who supplied the uniforms for the Nazi Party.

He's also turned his dog into a vegan.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 27 Jul 2020, 7:44 pm

So you think Hamilton has a larger footprint than people apart from Prince Harry then go on to extrapolate that Harry has a x26 footprint so Hamilton's must be x50 Rolling Eyes

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 27 Jul 2020, 8:21 pm

super_realist wrote:

Are you actually serious? He's got the largest carbon footprint of probably any Brit other than the other environmental hypocrites Prince Harry (whose carbon footprint has been calculated as being 26x yours or mine, so Hamiltons is probably 50x) and David Attenborough but goes on about the environment and how everyone should stop flying and cut down their emissions. If he actually cared, he'd retire on the spot as he can certainly afford to or at the very least would go and join the pseuo Green Formula E series.

He goes on about black lives matter yet lives in the whitest part of Europe, Monaco instead of paying taxes in the UK to support the people he claims are oppressed.
He's also sponsored by Mercedes, who helped build gas Chambers and had a role in the holocaust and also Hugo Boss who supplied the uniforms for the Nazi Party.

Oh I didnt know all that stuff, thanks for sharing. He does seem like a right Mr Winklechops considering all that, no self awareness at all.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jul 2020, 6:34 am

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Oh I didnt know all that stuff, thanks for sharing. He does seem like a right Mr Winklechops considering all that, no self awareness at all.

He's a bit of a conspiracy nut job too like Sol Campbell.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jul 2020, 6:36 am

Davie wrote:So you think Hamilton has a larger footprint than people apart from Prince Harry then go on to extrapolate that Harry has a x26 footprint so Hamilton's must be x50 Rolling Eyes

I was meaning that he has a massive carbon footprint alongside the likes of other massive hypocrites like Harry and Attenborough. I didn't mean to say that they were worse than him. Bad editing on my part.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 8:16 am

What is his carbon footprint?

I am assuming you know everything he does, and everything his team does?

One thing I really dont understand, is the general thinking that just because people have views or concerns, they are called names, because they live in a modern society.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jul 2020, 8:28 am

beninho wrote:What is his carbon footprint?

I am assuming you know everything he does, and everything his team does?

One thing I really dont understand, is the general thinking that just because people have views or concerns, they are called names, because they live in a modern society.

I don't know exactly what it is, but someone who drives a racing car and flies around the world doing practicing, testing and all the other carbon emissions related to his "sport" and with all the team and logistics to support him it is bound to be absolutely massive and thus he has no business lecturing you and I on climate change when he is such a big contributor does he?

Then you have his further hypocrisy about BLM and equality when he doesn't bat an eyelid about racing in AD, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or Bahrain.

I don't mind him doing that at all, but if you are someone like him with his lifestyle and carbon footprint he should either quit the sport if he's serious, or shut up about it.

I am not calling him a hypocrite as a form of name calling, it's a definition and a factual description of him and tha majority of people like him who speak out on particular issues.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 8:36 am

So, you think that anyone who has concerns about climate change, has to give up there job, if it is linked to causing climate change?

Because, in general, almost everything in modern society will have sone form of impact on ckinate change, you think people can't have or express any concerns?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 28 Jul 2020, 8:39 am

beninho wrote:So, you think that anyone who has concerns about climate change, has to give up there job, if it is linked to causing climate change?

Because, in general, almost everything in modern society will have sone form of impact on ckinate change, you think people can't have or express any concerns?

If you're involved in Motorsport then yes. It's not about people in jobs that have a small impact on the environment but those in jobs that have a potentially huge impact.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 8:48 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:So, you think that anyone who has concerns about climate change, has to give up there job, if it is linked to causing climate change?

If you're involved in Motorsport then yes. It's not about people in jobs that have a small impact on the environment but those in jobs that have a potentially huge impact.

Are you an f1 fan? Do you know teams and the organisation is working towards being carbon neutral, with Merc one of the leading teams.

I'm not sure on your environmental views, but do you want to see the whole Motorsport industry closed down?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 28 Jul 2020, 8:59 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Are you an f1 fan? Do you know teams and the organisation is working towards being carbon neutral, with Merc one of the leading teams.

I'm not sure on your environmental views, but do you want to see the whole Motorsport industry closed down?

Missing the point as ever, if Lewis Hamilton truly cared he would do something about it instead of contributing to the problem. Working towards being carbon neutral and actually being carbon neutral are two very different things, until they stop jetting their gear all around the world it's an empty promise.

My personal views aren't relevant here Ben.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:05 am

Aren't you expressing  your personal views?

You want to shut down motorsport?  Its a pretty big industry in the UK. Thats a strong view.

So, do you think anyone that does something that has an impact on climate change can't have a view on climate change?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:08 am

beninho wrote:Aren't you expressing  your personal views?

You want to shut down motorsport?  Its a pretty big industry in the UK. Thats a strong view.

So, do you think anyone that does something that has an impact on climate change can't have a view on climate change?

Where have I said that? Making things up again I see.

Anyone that does something that makes a big impact on climate change should either do something about it or shut up.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:11 am

If they bloody preach about it all day and are already as rich as Croesus then, yes, they should try to ensure they aren't open to charges of hypocrisy.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:14 am

Soul Requiem wrote:

Anyone that does something that makes a big impact on climate change should either do something about it or shut up.
Key point. Hamilton can do what he likes, but if he is going to spout on about stuff and have the ego to think he can influence change, then he needs to practice what he preaches. Even then, I don't give a 4X what he says as it's easy to do as he suggests once you're already so loaded that you'll never have to bother about working again.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:18 am

Soul Requiem wrote:

Well you didn't say no, when i asked the question, and you raised issues with mororsport transporting items around the world. So, do you have issues with motorsport transporting around the world, or do you think the motorsport should be shut down for environmental reasons?

Again, I'm unsure in your fandom of Hamilton but do you have any idea on what he, his team and f1 is trying to do?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:30 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Well you didn't say no, when i asked the question, and you raised issues with mororsport transporting items around the world. So, do you have issues with motorsport transporting around the world, or do you think the motorsport should be shut down for environmental reasons?

Again, I'm unsure in your fandom of Hamilton but do you have any idea on what he, his team and f1 is trying to do?

I raised issues with Hamilton being a hypocrite due to his jetsetting lifestyle, my views on Motorsport itself are not relevant to that view.

I'm aware of what F1 say they are attempting to do, thus far they have done nothing.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:34 am

Anyway, being honest (for once) aren't we all generally hypocrites?

I'm sure the vast majority accept that clinate change is an issue, but who can put a hand up to say they do everything possible.

I would think that a minority in the world could never be called a hypocrite over something.

Personally, Hamilton doesn't bother me. What he says doesn't bother me, what he does doesn't bother me. But, i am a big F1 fan.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:34 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Are you being genuinely stupid?
No one is saying there is anything wrong with Motorsport or motorsport operating globally and travelling around the world for races. However, if you are the sort of hypocrite who is most likely in the top 0.1% of contributors to carbon emissions like Hypocrite Hamilton is, then you probably shouldn't be trying to lecture everyone else to reduce their meagre contributions while you live high on the hog belching out millions of tons of C02 on the track, through logistics and in your private jets. If he genuinely cared, he would leave a sport which always has been and always will be one of the biggest sporting contributors to Carbon emission in the world. How hard is that to understand?

If Saint Greta was driving around in a V12 Aston Martin do you think she'd have a credible argument for advocating against climate change?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:40 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

I raised issues with Hamilton being a hypocrite due to his jetsetting lifestyle, my views on Motorsport itself are not relevant to that view.

I'm aware of what F1 say they are attempting to do, thus far they have done nothing.

Done nothing? Whats your views on the engines, and ICE ? I'm more then happy to discuss f1, and while I'm not an environmental expert, happy to look into whats being done. Though, sone of it will very difficult to achieve, fir obvious reasons.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:43 am

The engines of the cars have very little impact, the races themselves contribute only 0.7% of the sports overall carbon footprint.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:46 am

Soul Requiem wrote:The engines of the cars have very little impact, the races themselves contribute only 0.7% of the sports overall carbon footprint.

Good googling!

But, you can see the benefit of the model being introduced into general cars? And that can only be a good thing?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:47 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:The engines of the cars have very little impact, the races themselves contribute only 0.7% of the sports overall carbon footprint.

Good googling!

But, you can see the benefit of the model being introduced into general cars? And that can only be a good thing?

I tend to make sure I'm aware of things before commenting.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:54 am

beninho wrote:Anyway, being honest (for once) aren't we all generally hypocrites?

I'm sure the vast majority accept that clinate change is an issue, but who can put a hand up to say they do everything possible.

I would think that a minority in the world could never be called a hypocrite over something.

Personally, Hamilton doesn't bother me. What he says doesn't bother me, what he does doesn't bother me.  But, i am a big F1 fan.

Are we? I haven't seen anyone else on here trying to tell others how to live their life in regards to their carbon contributions like Hypocrite Hamilton have you?

Climate Change is happening, but I don't see it as a crisis or an emergency and if Hamilton genuinely believed there was and if he was as concerned about it as he claims he wouldn't be jetting around the world and belching out thousands of tons of C02, given how woke he is and how deluded he is, why hasn't he jacked in F1 and gone to race in Formula-E? It's not especially green, but it has the fake veneer of being green which is exactly what virtue signalling half wits like him are looking for.

It's funny that you claim you don't care what the likes of Hamilton do or say etc, but if a newspaper expresses a view different to your political views you think it's disgraceful and a manipulation of the public, Talk about double standards.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 10:03 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Anyway, being honest (for once) aren't we all generally hypocrites?

Personally, Hamilton doesn't bother me. What he says doesn't bother me, what he does doesn't bother me.  But, i am a big F1 fan.

Are we? I haven't seen anyone else on here trying to tell others how to live their life in regards to their carbon contributions like Hypocrite Hamilton have you?

Climate Change is happening, but I don't see it as a crisis or an emergency and if Hamilton genuinely believed there was and if he was as concerned about it as he claims he wouldn't be jetting around the world and belching out thousands of tons of C02, given how woke he is and how deluded he is, why hasn't he jacked in F1 and gone to race in Formula-E? It's not especially green, but it has the fake veneer of being green which is exactly what virtue signalling half wits like him are looking for.

It's funny that you claim you don't care what the likes of Hamilton do or say etc, but if a newspaper expresses a view different to your political views you think it's disgraceful and a manipulation of the public, Talk about double standards.

I'm not talking about Hamilton.

We get it, you dont think its a climate emergency, you are on that side of the fence. Which is fine. I think for most reasonable people they accept that things need to change, but accepting and doing everything in your power are different things. Thats certainly where I stand.

Anyway, I'm glad my views on certain things have got to you, maybe, dont take everything at face value though, sausage.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jul 2020, 10:14 am

I accept things need to change, but I don't need told about it by someone who has contributed many many times whatever I have contributed.

Everyone knows I have a disgust about people being fat and speaking out against the absurdity and lack of need for being fat.
If I tried to do that from the position of being 18st then I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. That's Hamilton's position and he ought to be called out on it.

I have no problem at all with Motorsport other than it's incredibly boring, but if you are on the inside of it, are a massive contributor to C02, then you absolutely should not be lecturing to other people how to live their lives to minimise their contributions. Can't really see how anyone can possibly disagree with that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 28 Jul 2020, 10:33 am

I enjoyed this.

incontinentia
incontinentia

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 10:39 am

I'm probably on the side of, why actually care what Lewis Hamilton says about something?

The guy can say what he wants. I guess its up to people to choose whether it brothers them or not. Personally I see no real harm in anything he says on the subject, and im aware the effort his team have put in overall.

It doesn't bother me in any way. I find it hard to have a strong view on someone saying climate change is bad, be they sitting in a car pumping out fumes or on a private jet.

But, i also find it hard to blame him for the way f1 is transported round the world, when there is no other realistic option. As long as they are trying, then I can live with that.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 28 Jul 2020, 10:40 am

incontinentia wrote:I enjoyed this.

I listened to the start I think that guy has more problems then Hamilton. Seems a bit of a ❄

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 28 Jul 2020, 11:00 am

beninho wrote:
incontinentia wrote:I enjoyed this.

I listened to the start  I think that guy has more problems then Hamilton. Seems a bit of a ❄
I think he hits the nail on the head. Its not snowflake to call out hypocrisy where you see it. I dont know why he suggests Hamilton's career benefitted from him being black though, are there supports/grants in the UK to help minorities get into motor sport?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jul 2020, 11:07 am

beninho wrote:I'm probably on the side of, why actually care what Lewis Hamilton says about something?

The guy can say what he wants. I guess its up to people to choose whether it brothers them or not. Personally I see no real harm in anything he says on the subject, and im aware the effort his team have put in overall.

It doesn't bother me in any way. I find it hard to have a strong view on someone saying climate change is bad, be they sitting in a car pumping out fumes or on a private jet.

But, i also find it hard to blame him for the way f1 is transported round the world, when there is no other realistic option. As long as they are trying, then I can live with that.

I don't care about what Hamilton says in regards that I'm not influenced by him, but what he has said and how he acts are two completely separate things and he should be called out for being stupid and hypocritical.

It's not just Hamilton though, there's this sort of hypocrisy all over the world, from Prince Harry, Greta Thunberg, Emma Thompson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jaquin Phoenix etc and it is possible that these idiots will have influence on some feeble minded people.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 28 Jul 2020, 11:27 am

super_realist wrote:

I don't care about what Hamilton says in regards that I'm not influenced by him, but what he has said and how he acts are two completely separate things and he should be called out for being stupid and hypocritical.

It's not just Hamilton though, there's this sort of hypocrisy all over the world, from Prince Harry, Greta Thunberg, Emma Thompson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jaquin Phoenix etc and it is possible that these idiots will have influence on some feeble minded people.
Perhaps there is a net gain though super? Their personal actions, while damaging the environment to a certain extent, allows a greater impact by reaching millions of people and influencing their behaviour for the better.

Plus Greta doesnt belong on that list as she makes genuine efforts to minimise her carbon footprint by travelling by ship where possible. Also, as above, there is a massive net gain in (for example) Greta flying to New York to address the UN and therefore reach and inspire millions.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next