The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 17 Nov 2021, 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 07 Jan 2022, 5:26 pm

Like crocodile.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by king_carlos Fri 07 Jan 2022, 6:29 pm

I worked with an Aussie chef a few years ago who was adamant that the UK would go crazy for kangaroo meat if it was just marketed better.

We tried to point out that the few attempts to sell it over here have ended in protests from animal welfare campaigners but he remained strangely ferocious in his argument that it was simply a marketing failure.

I often wondered what a kangaroo had done to him back home.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 07 Jan 2022, 6:34 pm

A kangaroo goes into a bar.
Barman says "Wallaby?"
Kangaroo says "A pint and a packet of crisps, please."

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Jan 2022, 11:09 pm

lostinwales wrote:A lot of meat on a wombat. I wonder what they taste like?

Yes, they can get quite large. Like a giant cavy. South Americans would probably be familiar with the taste of the meat.

I've only tried a small piece of kangaroo meat once. I found it too gamey and tough to chew.
Felt a bit sick afterwards as well. Nothing feels worse than eating part of half your national emblem.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 07 Jan 2022, 11:12 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, they can get quite large. Like a giant cavy. South Americans would probably be familiar with the taste of the meat.

I've only tried a small piece of kangaroo meat once. I found it too gamey and tough to chew.
Felt a bit sick afterwards as well. Nothing feels worse than eating part of half your national emblem.

Especially if your Scottish.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Jan 2022, 11:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Thistle hopefully get Super back on for a comment.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 08 Jan 2022, 8:57 am

Saw a report in the paper this morning about a paddock in Gulgong that has been discovered to contain myriad 15 million year old fossils - including 13 perfectly preserved prehistoric spiders ! I trust you will be taking a trip out there to have a look , PJ ? As a regular insect and arachnid preservationist you would surely be allowed on site ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 08 Jan 2022, 9:41 am

alfie wrote:Saw a report in the paper this morning about a paddock in Gulgong that has been discovered to contain myriad 15 million year old fossils - including 13 perfectly preserved prehistoric spiders ! I trust you will be taking a trip out there to have a look , PJ ? As a regular insect and arachnid preservationist you would surely be allowed on site ?

Amazing!

I was actually staying in Gulgong in December 2020. Posted some photos up here on this thread. It's such an interesting town with its gold rush history, Henry Lawson's old house... and now this exciting discovery. I noticed at the time there was a hum of activity with bearded blokes in hi-viz vests driving their 'gas search' vehicles everywhere... obviously there is a lot of stuff in the ground up there. Wouldn't surprise me if they turned over some dirt in a paddock looking for gas deposits and found these fossils instead. I'll need to check out the article in more detail. The spider looks incredible.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/gulgong-farmer-s-fantastic-fossil-find-uncovers-unknown-ancient-species-20220105-p59m2b.html

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 08 Jan 2022, 1:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Shocked

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 08 Jan 2022, 1:23 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Shocked

Well spotted. I'm so used too spelling mistakes these days.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 08 Jan 2022, 1:26 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Shocked

Good spot their, Galted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 08 Jan 2022, 1:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Shocked

Good spot their, Galted.

Thank's.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 08 Jan 2022, 2:38 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Shocked

Good spot their, Galted.

Thank's.

Your welcome.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 08 Jan 2022, 6:38 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Shocked

Good spot their, Galted.

Thank's.

Your welcome.

You're grammar is as bad as Julius's.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 10 Jan 2022, 9:08 am

F*cking fist!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Jan 2022, 9:19 am

S*cking sicond!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jan 2022, 9:19 am

superflyweight wrote:F*cking fist!

That would be a worthy michaelsing but I just can't help myself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jan 2022, 9:20 am

Although Julius's sicond has rendered my post null and void.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 10 Jan 2022, 9:27 am

Fort froth whatever

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jan 2022, 1:21 pm

Sh*t on here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 10 Jan 2022, 1:41 pm

You'd have a better time following jeff on Twitter. He sometimes posts mucky pictures.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jan 2022, 2:40 pm

superflyweight wrote:You'd have a better time following jeff on Twitter.  He sometimes posts mucky pictures.  

His regular bargain hunt updates make for good reading.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 10 Jan 2022, 4:45 pm

I popped into a charity bookshop on my lunch break and two volunteers behind the counter were having a viciously whispered argument about Djokovic that ended with one calling the other a fascist c***.

I strongly considered pointing them towards the tennis forum with that kind of debating prowess.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 10 Jan 2022, 5:25 pm

Interesting to discover that super_realist and McLaren work together in a charity bookshop.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jan 2022, 8:25 pm

I pictured Julius and Sue Barker.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Jan 2022, 8:43 pm

Galted wrote:I pictured Julius and Sue Barker.

She can be quite rude at times.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jan 2022, 9:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I pictured Julius and Sue Barker.

She can be quite rude at times.

Not remotely surprised.  I've heard that in the early hours she'll drink White Lightning at  the bus stop outside her house then ride her quad bike up and down the road.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Jan 2022, 9:17 am

Does no one want a fist this morning?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 11 Jan 2022, 9:28 am

It siconds me

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Jan 2022, 9:40 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Does no one want a fist this morning?

I fancied a tird so was happy to let someone else have the fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Jan 2022, 10:59 am

You know what would be great - if it was possible to have a fist and a tird.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 11 Jan 2022, 11:36 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:You know what would be great - if it was possible to have a fist and a tird.

It is almost as if one leads to the other

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 11 Jan 2022, 1:52 pm

Sh*t on here (again).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Jan 2022, 1:59 pm

Tino, I found a spider in the bath. A creepy crawly, creepy crawly spider in the bath. I know he's only there because he wants to have a laugh, but I'm not sure what jokes he will find amusing. Does it depend on the exact species?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Jan 2022, 2:09 pm

I found a spider underneath a rolled up newspaper. Its legs were zigzag shaped and it was flat and quite gooey. Any idea what species it might be?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Jan 2022, 2:10 pm

Galted wrote:I found a spider underneath a rolled up newspaper. Its legs were zigzag shaped and it was flat and quite gooey. Any idea what species it might be?

Arachnus Splatticus.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 11 Jan 2022, 2:11 pm

I found one next to the kitchen bin the other day. It's an epidemic.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Jan 2022, 2:13 pm

I found one in a saucepan. It's a pandemic.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 11 Jan 2022, 2:31 pm

Galted killed his. It's endemic.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 11 Jan 2022, 2:35 pm

C*nts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Jan 2022, 3:16 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sh*t on here (again).

You could improve the quality by expanding on your Farage anecdote, bearing in mind that it will be judged against Rick's superb Lee Hendrie is a C*nt story and Julius and Super's -demic wordplay.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 11 Jan 2022, 3:44 pm

Galted wrote:

You could improve the quality by expanding on your Farage anecdote, bearing in mind that it will be judged against Rick's superb Lee Hendrie is a C*nt story and Julius and Super's -demic wordplay.

I can't really expand on it. There is nothing more to say.

I contemplated describing him as a c*nt but didn't want rICk to sue me so changed it to bell end.

If only I had an anecdote about sh*gging the midget girlfriend of one of the Proclaimers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 11 Jan 2022, 4:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:

I can't really expand on it. There is nothing more to say.

I contemplated describing him as a c*nt but didn't want rICk to sue me so changed it to bell end.

If only I had an anecdote about sh*gging the midget girlfriend of one of the Proclaimers.

Ex-wife and I think she's dead so that little ship has sailed.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 11 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm

superflyweight wrote:Galted killed his.  It's endemic.  

I saw a spider with Ant the other day they were getting ready to rumble - don't just wreckdemic.............psyche

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Jan 2022, 9:33 pm

Classic Hibbz!
At least I think it is. I don't actually understand any of it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 11 Jan 2022, 10:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Classic Hibbz!

Its all academic

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Jan 2022, 10:28 pm

lostinwales wrote:

Its all academic

Pity.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 12 Jan 2022, 1:41 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Its all academic

Pity.

Pithy (it is)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Jan 2022, 8:49 am

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Its all academic

Pity.

Pithy (it is)

Mopoke mourns the racketeers.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 12 Jan 2022, 9:04 am

I shall accept the fist which PJ has eschewed in favour of a pithy mopoke.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next