The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
seanmichaels
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Feb 2022, 9:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Bustard tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 01 Apr 2022, 3:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'm away on holiday next week.  Can one of you please put my blue bin out on Monday?  

Sure. What is your full address including post code? I'll do it for you.

You won't need that, my house is the only one in our street with a workshop built onto the side of the garage - its dead easy to spot.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 04 Apr 2022, 10:08 am

Fist.

Sh*t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 04 Apr 2022, 10:59 am

Sicond.

Sh*t on here today.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 04 Apr 2022, 11:43 am

Tird.

Today here on Sh*t.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 04 Apr 2022, 12:18 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Tird.

Today here on Sh*t.

Come on Joey and all - look around! I served up a film and several actors yesterday for you to get your teeth into.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 04 Apr 2022, 2:25 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

Today here on Sh*t.

Come on Joey and all - look around! I served up a film and several actors yesterday for you to get your teeth into.

I didn't see what you had built on the Last Film Watched thread, guildford... so I didn't come onto that thread and make a comment.
Yes, it was a good film. We need more of those types of uplifting films with sporting themes.
Didn't they build a real Field of Dreams a couple of years ago? They played a proper MLB fixture there if my memory serves me correct.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 04 Apr 2022, 2:40 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

Today here on Sh*t.

I didn't see what you had built on the Last Film Watched thread, guildford... so I didn't come onto that thread and make a comment.
Yes, it was a good film. We need more of those types of uplifting films with sporting themes.
Didn't they build a real Field of Dreams a couple of years ago? They played a proper MLB fixture there if my memory serves me correct.

The Mighty Ducks, anyone?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 04 Apr 2022, 3:10 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

Today here on Sh*t.

Good effort, Guildford, but one of the actors was Costner who's on the Ferrell level of sheer c*ntishness.

A cricket remake of Field of Dreams would be a good watch, with CGI being what it is. Imagine watching Larwood and Statham bowling to Trumper and Bradman after WG Grace lost the toss.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 04 Apr 2022, 3:43 pm

Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

Today here on Sh*t.

Good effort, Guildford, but one of the actors was Costner who's on the Ferrell level of sheer c*ntishness.

A cricket remake of Field of Dreams would be a good watch, with CGI being what it is. Imagine watching Larwood and Statham bowling to Trumper and Bradman after WG Grace lost the toss.

WG Grace never lost a toss. He would just turn the coin over and decide what he wanted to do.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 04 Apr 2022, 4:04 pm

Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

Today here on Sh*t.

WG Grace never lost a toss. He would just turn the coin over and decide what he wanted to do.

Was going to say that he never had Dickie Bird's ghost to deal with but did a spot of research and realised he's still alive.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 04 Apr 2022, 4:17 pm

Dickie Bird is not June Brown.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 04 Apr 2022, 7:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Dickie Bird is not June Brown.

Very good.

Jeff's Tw*tter take was 'June Brown bread more like'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 05 Apr 2022, 9:33 am

Sourdough fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Apr 2022, 9:39 am

Rye sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Apr 2022, 9:46 am

Pumpernickel tird.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 05 Apr 2022, 10:13 am

Nothing much happening on the Anything Goes Golf thread.

Just an observation.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Apr 2022, 10:41 am

Super_insecure seems to be on hiatus from his self righteous tirades against fat people.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Apr 2022, 12:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Super_insecure seems to be on hiatus from his self righteous tirades against fat people.

Absolute guarantee that he is reading it on a hourly basis. Getting progressively more wound up that no one is talking about him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 Apr 2022, 1:18 pm

What's happening fat lads?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Apr 2022, 1:38 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:What's happening fat lads?

That isn't very welcoming is it, rIcK.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Apr 2022, 1:46 pm

Doesn't bother me, Tino. I'm secure in my svelteness.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Apr 2022, 1:49 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Interesting that we mention super_insecure and then riCK turns up out of nowhere to have a pop at bloaters.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Apr 2022, 1:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Interesting that we mention super_insecure and then riCK turns up out of nowhere to have a pop at bloaters.

Good point. I might have to run his IPlates.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 Apr 2022, 2:28 pm

I barely have time to post normally, let alone dick about with a fake.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Apr 2022, 2:35 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I barely have time to post normally, let alone dick about with a fake.

Exactly the response one would expect you to say.

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Apr 2022, 3:36 pm

Just like a lawyer to have a defence at the ready.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Apr 2022, 3:41 pm

Galted wrote:Just like a lawyer to have a defence at the ready.

I've destroyed his defence already, Galted. I've watched JFK, I know the drill.

I've long suspected that both rICk and Superfly are not quite in the category of intellectual heavyweights like you and me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 Apr 2022, 3:54 pm

Chewbacca defense, classic.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Apr 2022, 5:36 pm

I've long suspected that both rICk and Superfly are not quite in the category of intellectual heavyweights like you and me.

That's good to hear, I would watch JFK but I think Costner might be in it.  I have seen My Cousin Vinny a few times so if you need any legal advice I'd be happy to oblige.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 05 Apr 2022, 10:00 pm

It's a legal m!nefield on here.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Apr 2022, 9:05 am

I'm fist today, sue me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 06 Apr 2022, 10:16 am

Galted wrote:

That's good to hear, I would watch JFK but I think Costner might be in it.  I have seen My Cousin Vinny a few times so if you need any legal advice I'd be happy to oblige.

I did jury duty once many years ago. That basically makes me as qualified and RIck and Supes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Apr 2022, 10:30 am

Galted wrote:

I did jury duty once many years ago. That basically makes me as qualified and RIck and Supes.

Galtova has 2 law degrees and I regularly outargue her - often to the point where she resorts to physical violence or bitchiness.

I think you and I would be a formidable legal team.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Apr 2022, 10:32 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Galtova has 2 law degrees and I regularly outargue her - often to the point where she resorts to physical violence or bitchiness.

Didn't stop me banning you though, did it?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 06 Apr 2022, 10:35 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

I can see a HBO series coming out of this.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 06 Apr 2022, 10:58 am

Currently my fine legal mind is being used to settle an argument between a customer and a service provider whether their current IBM and Oracle risk should be in USD or INR, it's been going on for half an hour and it doesn't f**king matter one bit.

So there is that.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 06 Apr 2022, 11:11 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Currently my fine legal mind is being used to settle an argument between a customer and a service provider whether their current IBM and Oracle risk should be in USD or INR, it's been going on for half an hour and it doesn't f**king matter one bit.

So there is that.

I'm currently arguing with Mrs Windows over whether we need to buy an Atelier 7 sewing machine (I vote no) and also whether we should renew our Disney+ subscription (I vote yes).

So there is that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Apr 2022, 11:28 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

That was before I knew that Tino was one of the country's great legal minds.

So there is that.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 06 Apr 2022, 11:50 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

That was before I knew that Tino was one of the country's great legal minds.

So there is that.

I've got your back, Galted.

You want me take Jules down? I hear Wormwood Scrubs are taking bookings at the moment.

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Wed 06 Apr 2022, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I can)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 06 Apr 2022, 2:23 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Currently my fine legal mind is being used to settle an argument between a customer and a service provider whether their current IBM and Oracle risk should be in USD or INR, it's been going on for half an hour and it doesn't f**king matter one bit.

So there is that.

I'm currently arguing with Mrs Windows over whether we need to buy an Atelier 7 sewing machine (I vote no) and also whether we should renew our Disney+ subscription (I vote yes).

So there is that.

I agree with both your points.

Last edited by rIck_dAgless on Wed 06 Apr 2022, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so there is that)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Apr 2022, 3:03 pm

You want me take Jules down? I hear Wormwood Scrubs are taking bookings at the moment.

Are you eating chips off it?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 06 Apr 2022, 3:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

So there jizz back.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 06 Apr 2022, 3:22 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I don't think you'll win a Pulitzer for filth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Apr 2022, 4:34 pm

Think I'm a shoo-in for dad of the year 2022. Just got caught in a thunderstorm when out for a walk with my kid. Hurrying along the pavement through the hail, ran under some signage not taking into account that he was on my shoulders with the end result he caught the sign as well as the umbrella he was holding in the face and nearly ended up on the pavement. At least he's speaking to me again after all the tears but I think he's starting to realise that I'm not the godlike figure he thought I was.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 06 Apr 2022, 10:19 pm

Galted wrote:Think I'm a shoo-in for dad of the year 2022. Just got caught in a thunderstorm when out for a walk with my kid. Hurrying along the pavement through the hail, ran under some signage not taking into account that he was on my shoulders with the end result he caught the sign as well as the umbrella he was holding in the face and nearly ended up on the pavement. At least he's speaking to me again after all the tears but I think he's starting to realise that I'm not the godlike figure he thought I was.

I'm sure he'll forgive you if the signage said "DANGER LOW CLEARANCE".
However, if it was a sign for "Mamma Mia - The Musical" then you might already be in trouble.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 07 Apr 2022, 12:10 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:Think I'm a shoo-in for dad of the year 2022. Just got caught in a thunderstorm when out for a walk with my kid. Hurrying along the pavement through the hail, ran under some signage not taking into account that he was on my shoulders with the end result he caught the sign as well as the umbrella he was holding in the face and nearly ended up on the pavement. At least he's speaking to me again after all the tears but I think he's starting to realise that I'm not the godlike figure he thought I was.

I'm sure he'll forgive you if the signage said "DANGER LOW CLEARANCE".
However, if it was a sign for "Mamma Mia - The Musical" then you might already be in trouble.

It said

Blackwall Tunnel
(North Bound)
Vehicles over 13'-0"
Prohibited

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 07 Apr 2022, 10:24 am

Am I fist or sicond?

Does a gingerbread man sit in a house made of flesh? Or is he made of house?

Morning, notches.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 07 Apr 2022, 11:01 am

You're fist, rIck. I'm sicond.

Good question. I'm just having an Italian malt biscuit (with a hint a ginger) with coffee and thinking about the answer. It's a tough one.

How's it going?

Let's hope none of the others was Vladimir Zhirinovsky.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 07 Apr 2022, 11:12 am

Hey, peej, hope the biscuit is delicious.

It's going well cheers mate, just starting to get some sunshine, i'm meeting friends and off to the game tomorrow night, and it is Grand National weekend, so life is good.

How you keeping?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 07 Apr 2022, 11:45 am

Biscuits were nice... maybe a touch too sweet.

I'm OK. We've had constant rain here... more flooding again but luckily not right here where I am. 1230mm since Jan 1. Yearly median is 1215mm. So one year's worth of rain in 97 days.

Even the Daily Fail has covered it. Note that creepy multi-story apartment building on the cliff... I always hated that thing there.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10694375/Sydneys-cliffs-turn-rushing-waterfalls-rain-bomb-forces-entire-suburbs-evacuate.html

An unlucky Englishman and his son got buried under an avalanche* in the mountains. Not a good time to go for a hike in that part of the world.
I saw some pictures of waterfalls gushing off the cliffs into the ocean - which I've never seen before. It looked prehistoric if you know what I mean.

I'm glad you're getting some sun. Hopefully you'll get some nice spring weather soon.

We used to go bivouacking (is that a word?) in the Blue Mountains when I was in cadets at school. There's this scary Scenic Railway ride down a steep incline which brings you to the start of the trek to Mt Solitary, which is across the other side of this massive valley with high cliffs all round.

Right near the start is a place called The Avalanche. It always looked as though there had been a recent one whenever we passed through that area. It's only about 100m long (the area of boulders) but we joked about it (as kids) and almost hurried through to get to the other side of it before the next one hit. Quite scary!

Further along is The Ruined Castle (just a bunch of large boulders that look a bit like a ruined castle) where we used to have a break before climbing up the narrow spur to Mt Solitary. Once actually there we'd only stay for a night or two... because it's very isolated and not much there to do really; except get killed by a snake or fall off a cliff... or some other misfortune.

We'd go to the edge of the sheer vertical cliff where a stream and waterfall was and take a leak. God knows how high it is... probably 300m? And like the water falling off the edge, our p!ss would almost get blown back into our faces. We thought it was funny at the time but you could aim it in such a way that some unsuspecting school kid eating a sandwich might get a direct hit on his face.

Great view from there back towards the Three Sisters and the lights of Katoomba at night but it's usually freezing cold and windy and I honestly don't know how I survived since there was danger at every step it seemed. Don't know why this guy and his family were even thinking of going hiking there given the massive amounts of rain we've had. 3 majors floods in Feb, March and now April. It wouldn't surprise me if the Three Sisters collapse.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next