The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
seanmichaels
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bustard tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tird.
When you say 'head bitten off'...

In sean's case it was probably mistaken for a chip.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:47 pm

Purposely ambiguous as usual. I'll leave the interpretation open... but you're probably on the right track.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:00 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Tino, I was wondering what your thoughts were on my proposed England cricket team on the cricket thread?

By no means do I particularly like some of my suggestions but sometimes you have to put these personal thoughts aside and just go for the best mix of players and personalities. A few are quite old or inexperienced but there's no doubting their high motivation, experience under pressure... or use of violence when backed into a corner. England needs some more of those rough and ready hardened characters. Real men not ponces.

Also note the subtle racial/cultural mix of players which is totally in line with the makeup of contemporary sporting teams. Think I got the balance just about right. It was intended as a laugh (for myself mainly) but not in a mean way. I'm just thinking outside the square, or circle, in England''s case but the more I look at that almost indestructible and infallible lineup, the more I realise what an invincible monster of a cricket team I have created. I'm quite proud of it.

It's on page 15 down near the bottom. https://www.606v2.com/t70544p700-ashes-2021-22-and-other-cricket-through-the-winter-of-2021-thread

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:02 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Purposely ambiguous as usual. I'll leave the interpretation open... but you're probably on the right track.

How is it going, Pee Jay? You must be delighted with the win down in Pakistan. I remember when England had a competitive test team.

Prodigious amount of swing your boys were getting on the ball in that last test. What were they using this time? Axle grease? Cummins magic sweat? Or did Little Davie just stroll out there with a power sander tucked in his jock strap?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:04 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Tino, I was wondering what your thoughts were on my proposed England cricket team on the cricket thread?

By no means do I particularly like some of my suggestions but sometimes you have to put these personal thoughts aside and just go for the best mix of players and personalities. A few are quite old or inexperienced but there's no doubting their high motivation, experience under pressure... or use of violence when backed into a corner. England needs some more of those rough and ready hardened characters. Real men not ponces.

Also note the subtle racial/cultural mix of players which is totally in line with the makeup of contemporary sporting teams. Think I got the balance just about right. It was intended as a laugh (for myself mainly) but not in a mean way. I'm just thinking outside the square, or circle, in England''s case but the more I look at that almost indestructible and infallible lineup, the more I realise what an invincible monster of a cricket team I have created. I'm quite proud of it.

It's on page 15 down near the bottom. https://www.606v2.com/t70544p700-ashes-2021-22-and-other-cricket-through-the-winter-of-2021-thread

I did see it, Pee Jay. But too depressed to comment on test cricket at the moment. I particularly liked Ant Middleton at number 3. If it all went wrong, at least he could take a few opening bowlers out with a sleeper hold. That is about the only way we will win a test match these days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:24 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

How is it going, Pee Jay? You must be delighted with the win down in Pakistan. I remember when England had a competitive test team.

Prodigious amount of swing your boys were getting on the ball in that last test. What were they using this time? Axle grease? Cummins magic sweat? Or did Little Davie just stroll out there with a power sander tucked in his jock strap?

I didn't want to mention it on the cricket boards but I was a little worried about the whole tour to Pakistan. Firstly, because they can be (historically) a dangerous side at home and secondly, I was concerned about the security there given the recent bombings and other atrocities that are prevalent in that part of the world. Remember the NZ cricket team? Also, I still recall some Pakistani players being threatened with having their houses burned down if they lost a match (back in the 80s and 90s) so, to be honest, I thought a drawn series would probably be the best for everyone and even the Australians could say "we didn't lose" at least. So I am quietly impressed with their win. They did it with minimal 'banter' to which was good not to hear.

It was so much better without Paine and Langer being there too. I'm beginning to like the team a bit more. I think Khawaja handled it perfectly and his performances were also a 'win' for the local people in a way. Just glad the Test matches are now over. The ODIs now. I wouldn't be surprised if the tables are turned and Pakistan win that. I'd be happy for them if that were the case. Pretty sure we'd see Shah back on here too if that was the outcome. Australia may now lose focus and take their foot off the pedal a bit which could lead to some embarrassing performances.

As for the swing - I just think they have better grips, seam positions and release techniques (for cricket balls not w*nking) that comes with years of experience. The Pakistan quicks are good too but are not as consistently accurate and controlled as Cummins and Starc are in particular. Even Lyon managed to make the ball turn and bounce more than his opponents. Again, I think it just comes down to years of experience plying his trade on different types of surfaces around the world.

Don't forget, Pakistan is 'up there' for us but I perfectly understand and admire your Anglocentric view of the planet, solar system and Milky Way. Smile

By the way, the Budget has just been delivered here during the last hour so the actual Election date (May 14 most likely... but could be 7th or 21st) will be announced in the next day or two. It's also Shane Warne's Memorial Service tomorrow night at 7pm here. (It's hard to write that)

There'll be about 80,000 at the G and maybe 35,000 at the SCG... the weather is horrible here, lovely down south. Not sure what affect the timing of these events will have on the election outcome in May. The gloves are now off... no holds barred action on the political front. Hopefully both parties have saved some dirt on their opposition and we'll now see some some sordid 'bombshells' dropped on particular MPs.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:40 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I didn't want to mention it on the cricket boards but I was a little worried about the whole tour to Pakistan. Firstly, because they can be (historically) a dangerous side at home and secondly, I was concerned about the security there given the recent bombings and other atrocities that are prevalent in that part of the world. Remember the NZ cricket team? Also, I still recall some Pakistani players being threatened with having their houses burned down if they lost a match (back in the 80s and 90s) so, to be honest, I thought a drawn series would probably be the best for everyone and even the Australians could say "we didn't lose" at least. So I am quietly impressed with their win. They did it with minimal 'banter' to which was good not to hear.

It was so much better without Paine and Langer being there too. I'm beginning to like the team a bit more. I think Khawaja handled it perfectly... and his performances were also a 'win' for the local people in a way. Just glad the Test matches are now over. The ODIs now... I wouldn't be surprised if the tables are turned and Pakistan win that. I'd be happy for them if that were the case. Pretty sure we'd see Shah back on here too if that was the outcome. Australia may now lose focus and take their foot off the pedal a bit which could lead to some embarrassing performances.

As for the swing - I just think they have better grips, seam position and release techniques (for cricket balls not playing the flute solo) that comes with years of experience. The Pakistan quicks are good too but not as consistently accurate and controlled as Cummins and Starc in particular. Even Lyon managed to make the ball turn and bounce more than his opponents. Again, I think it just comes down to years of experience plying his trade on different types of surfaces around the world.

Don't forget, Pakistan is 'up there' for us but I perfectly understand and admire your Anglocentric view of the planet, solar system and Milky Way. Smile

I'm really pleased for Khawaja. He always comes across as a very decent man. Pleased he is hitting some new form towards the end of his career.

We only care about winning the Ashes, Pee Jay. Doesn't matter how dreadful we are in between, as long as we win the Ashes. How is that going? Oh yeah...

And by "we", I mean the f*cking clueless spam heads that have been "running" things at the ECB recently. Not us fans who actually like to win a series or 2 in between playing your mob.

I remember when Flower and Strauss had a plan, a vision and (to be fair, we don't now but that is part of the spam head ECB policy on red ball cricket in this country) a bunch of players who wanted to win each series rather just lurch from Ashes to Ashes (dust to dust for English test cricket). How did that turn out? Number 1 in the world (for a short period, anyway).

I don't know what the answer is, I just know it will take years for the type of players we need to come through the circuit now. We've had Root who has bucked the trend recently. So one player in the last decade. Not a great return. In the meantime, they need to fiddle along till the system starts to produce better red ball players. Root needs to go, sadly for him. Just bat at and forget the rest. I would actually advocate bringing someone like Vince back as skipper in the short term. He can't be worse than Lawrence or Lees or Crawley or Pope or any of the others. He has a good cricket brain and at least could probably steady the ship until someone in the county game puts their hand up. Could even leave Root at 3 and bring Vince in a 4 or even 5 (move Stokes up) to take the pressure of being a de facto opener which is what English no 4's are these days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:02 pm

We only care about the Ashes too but that's now closely followed by India. Australia haven't won there since 2001 either. That hurts badly as well!

The thing I'll never understand is that touring mentality the England managers have (surely can't be the players but it sure as hell must confuse and put them in a neither-here-nor-there state of mind) of resting such greats as Anderson and Broad and then also giving the impression, at the same time, of touring the West Indies as a sort of 'see where we are without Broad and Anderson'... and treat it as some form of exploratory exercise of which we can discuss the outcomes later and tweak things later if necessary... just in time for the summer. That is so high risk and leaves no room for error. Australia will always send their best available players on tour to the top countries. They might slacken off in say, Bangladesh, for ODI, T20s (see how that went!)... but definitely not for Tests. There's too much prestige and honour at stake but perhaps that's particularly an Antipodean thing... like the ABs have.

That's never going to work. It not only shows disrespect to the opposition (no wonder they were motivated to turn it up a few notches) but also to the England players themselves. Must be awful knowing there's a dark cloud hanging over you and the lack of proper preparation in foreign conditions must make it even more difficult to get one's mindset, technique and therefore performance right in such a situation.

I must say as an Aussie - I really feel for some of your players. It's just not right. It doesn't make sense. Some players get a longer run when unsuccessful; then other players get the chop after a few poor performances. Perhaps there needs to be a medium-long term stipulation in the ECB contracts - 18 months minimum or say 8 series - with a fixed reserve of 3-4 others to fill in for injuries but at least guarantee them some certainty.  

Or perhaps just align with the WTC cycle - 2 years and stick with a core XI and around 5-7 others who are part of the group during that period but must keep playing County cricket but also be ready to slot into the team at short notice based on has who performed best at FC level. Just stick with that group and soldier on come what may. Eventually, better performances will occur purely through hard grind and familiarity with their roles and requirements within the group.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

guildfordbat and alfie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:41 pm

It is going to get worse before it gets better. The racial stuff will probably mean positive discrimination and you combine that with our young cricketers who are weak as p155, from club to county level. Standard of league cricket has fallen off the cliff in the last 10 years

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:35 am

Classic michaelsing.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:57 am

Frak office

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:38 am

I'm going to unmichaels michaels with a michaelsing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:38 pm

I'm going to unmichaels Galted with a fist.

At some point.

Fist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:42 pm

Sicond.

Assume it's a bit quiet on here because you banned a few people yesterday due to all the cricket talk?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:53 pm

Tird. I've been distracted because I'm trying to make my chest stubborn like Truss.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:02 am

superflyweight wrote:Tird.  I've been distracted because I'm trying to make my chest stubborn like Truss.  

I wish Strongback would come return. The sexual tension between him and Beefcake was tangible.

Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if Strongback was another alias of Truss.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:58 pm

Fist.

That's it.

That's the post.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:30 pm

Post-fist sicond post.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:19 pm

This forum needs wasp facts

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:27 pm

I've heard some interesting stories about wasps, but I'm not sure if they are true or apocrital.

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:This forum needs wasp facts

White anglo saxon people or Vespula vulgaris?

Do you remember Christopher_Wasp? He was a proper knobber. Fairly certain he was Lumbering Jack as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:55 pm

Do you remember Christopher_Wasp? He was a proper knobber. Fairly certain he was Lumbering Jack as well.

Or all you…..

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:57 pm

Where’s Jeff? I always think of him when I see that David Walliams and other bloke airport customs sketch

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Or all you…..

F*ck off, mate. I am way funnier than all of them.

I've been very honest that Superfly is my only alias. I play it dumb and make it as stupid as possible when posting under that name but have to make it very different to my erudite, intelligent and amazingly witty, Tino account.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:00 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Where’s Jeff? I always think of him when I see that David Walliams and other bloke airport customs sketch

Tw*tter superstar apparently but I've not given in to social media so don't have an account.

rICK and Galted can tell you more about him.

This place is beneath him now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:07 pm

I know sports isn’t the thing here but I wonder how samit Patel feels seeing some of these biffas rocking up in the England womens cricket team?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I know sports isn’t the thing here but I wonder how samit Patel feels seeing some of these biffas rocking up in the England womens cricket team?

Forget cricket, raf is over on the boxing pages talking about getting a woman to stick her right hand up his ring piece.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:15 pm

Lovely work

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:00 am

seanmichaels wrote:Where’s Jeff? I always think of him when I see that David Walliams and other bloke airport customs sketch

Look for Jazz Paul on Tw*tter, he's a master of the brutal putdown.

That's it.

That's the post

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:27 am

When did TRUSS return? I hope he announced himself, most likely oiled up and just finishing 1000 reps with a massive weight in his hand. Matron.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:31 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:When did TRUSS return? I hope he announced himself, most likely oiled up and just finishing 1000 reps with a massive weight in his hand. Matron.

He's been back for a while - mostly on the boxing boards. I missed the big loveable lummox.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:32 am

superflyweight wrote:Tird.  I've been distracted because I'm trying to make my chest stubborn like Truss.  

I wish Strongback would come return. The sexual tension between him and Beefcake was tangible.

Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if Strongback was another alias of Truss.

Nah, only a real Irishman would have got so wound up by the constant piss-taking of the Irish.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:45 am

superflyweight wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:When did TRUSS return? I hope he announced himself, most likely oiled up and just finishing 1000 reps with a massive weight in his hand. Matron.

He's been back for a while - mostly on the boxing boards.  I missed the big loveable lummox.  

Truss is undoubtedly a strong 606v2 Hall of Fame candidate.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:58 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

He's been back for a while - mostly on the boxing boards.  I missed the big loveable lummox.  

We could have a poll on it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:07 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Don't you mean..... a poll....... on it.......?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:24 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Don't you mean..... a poll.......  on it.......?

37% of me lol'ed out loud at that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:57 am

Sure we could induct a few every year. Maybe some HoF posts and threads. Sounds like Tino work, he's got the gumption to stick with it and see it through.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:15 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Sure we could induct a few every year. Maybe some HoF posts and threads. Sounds like Tino work, he's got the gumption to stick with it and see it through.

Good idea letting Tino run with it. Seems only right that we are all dead before we get inducted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:40 pm

Hand over fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:48 pm

Just a sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:03 pm

Tird, man

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:27 pm

What sad days are these when there's no-one to hold the fort.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:52 pm

I have fifhs of rage when that happens.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:56 pm

Makes me sixth to my stomach.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:00 pm

Seventh Goran Eriksen.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:16 pm

'eight-Ashbury.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:10 pm

Unninechaelsing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:41 pm

The Knights Tenthplar.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:52 pm

I'm away on holiday next week. Can one of you please put my blue bin out on Monday?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:43 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm away on holiday next week.  Can one of you please put my blue bin out on Monday?  

Sure. What is your full address including post code? I'll do it for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next