The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
seanmichaels
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Feb 2022, 9:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Bustard tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 23 Mar 2022, 11:14 am

Not sure whether to go for a fist or a 24 hour michaelsing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 23 Mar 2022, 11:53 am

Sluggish sicond.

Must be that kind of a day, Galted.
Leave the michaelsing to me for now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 23 Mar 2022, 12:21 pm

Tird. Heading into Edinburgh office tomorrow for the first time in ages.  I'm going to look out for someone fitting super_realist's description and then kick them in the knackers.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 23 Mar 2022, 12:24 pm

If you find an old payphone anywhere do you mind ringing a random number for me and yelling "Sucked in you c*nts! Better luck next time!" at them. It would mean a lot to me. Thought that was so funny....

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 23 Mar 2022, 12:32 pm

Pal Joey wrote:If you find an old payphone anywhere do you mind ringing a random number for me and yelling "Sucked in you c*nts! Better luck next time!" at them. It would mean a lot to me. Thought that was so funny....

Consider it done! Also - there's a world cup at the end of the year so huge opportunity to do it again when England get knocked out in "heartbreaking" circumstances.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 23 Mar 2022, 12:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:If you find an old payphone anywhere do you mind ringing a random number for me and yelling "Sucked in you c*nts! Better luck next time!" at them. It would mean a lot to me. Thought that was so funny....

Consider it done!  Also - there's a world cup at the end of the year so huge opportunity to do it again when England get knocked out in "heartbreaking" circumstances.  

Australia plays Japan tomorrow night in a World Cup qualifier here so you have been pre-approved to ring any 'Outback Steakhouse' if we lose. I see there's a bar on Candlemaker Row. Otherwise, I'm sure there's a few trendy teppanyaki restaurants you could call... like the one on Lochrin Terrace.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 23 Mar 2022, 1:45 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Consider it done!  Also - there's a world cup at the end of the year so huge opportunity to do it again when England get knocked out in "heartbreaking" circumstances.  

Australia plays Japan tomorrow night in a World Cup qualifier here so you have been pre-approved to ring any 'Outback Steakhouse' if we lose. I see there's a bar on Candlemaker Row. Otherwise, I'm sure there's a few trendy teppanyaki restaurants you could call... like the one on Lochrin Terrace.

I've been in the bar on Candlemaker Row a couple of times. It's part of a hostel I think. Usually some Australian backpackers in there watching AFL and it does cold bottles of VB. Both times I went I had to fight the urge to ask for "two bloody bottles of VB, Sheila".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Mar 2022, 2:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm going to look out for someone fitting super_realist's description

Good luck getting him out of his bedroom at mummy and daddys house.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 23 Mar 2022, 2:47 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'm going to look out for someone fitting super_realist's description

Good luck getting him out of his bedroom at mummy and daddys house.

He does have the whiff of a stay at home Incel.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Mar 2022, 4:09 pm

Strikes me more as a pub bore. Has 2 mates he drinks with, all always in agreement but each too busy listening to his own voice to hear what the others have to say.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 24 Mar 2022, 9:14 am

Bit of a shock to find out that Julius was Madeleine Albright, which means he was probably shagged, or at least stalked, by Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 24 Mar 2022, 9:51 am

I'm not dead. I told you - I was in Sheffield Wednesday.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 24 Mar 2022, 9:54 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not dead. I told you - I was in Sheffield Wednesday.

What were you doing there? Vying for a promotion?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 24 Mar 2022, 11:36 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not dead. I told you - I was in Sheffield Wednesday.

That didn't fit with my narrative so I chose to ignore it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 24 Mar 2022, 12:02 pm

In the office today, found out we get free lunch on a Thursday, this may become a more regular thing

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 24 Mar 2022, 12:09 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:In the office today, found out we get free lunch on a Thursday, this may become a more regular thing

Does this mean that you have to have lunch at a conventional time rather than at 10:30?

As no one else wants to claim them today, I'm going to take fist, sicond and tird.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 24 Mar 2022, 12:13 pm

F**k knows someone came around and took my Subway order, there were free biscuits to tide me over until it arrives

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 24 Mar 2022, 1:05 pm

Galted wrote:Bit of a shock to find out that Julius was Madeleine Albright, which means he was probably shagged, or at least stalked, by Tino.

I've gone off older women now. The older I get, the less attractive they've become to me. Although I would definitely still shag Jules.

I've got a thing for midgets now. Particularly Indian midgets.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 24 Mar 2022, 1:19 pm

Galted wrote:Bit of a shock to find out that Julius was Madeleine Albright, which means he was probably shagged, or at least stalked, by Tino.

I've gone off older women now. The older I get, the less attractive they've become to me. Although I would definitely still shag Jules.

What's the difference between a midget and a dwarf?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 24 Mar 2022, 1:22 pm

Galted wrote:

What's the difference between a midget and a dwarf?

l*l

So what's an Elf?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 24 Mar 2022, 1:46 pm

Wondered if we had a new member Called Derek Smalls then, he might know.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Mar 2022, 9:57 am

Fist, and I'm not even working today.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 25 Mar 2022, 10:54 am

Sicond.

Would've got a fist in but I'm working today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Mar 2022, 10:58 am

Having been oop North earlier this week, I'll been down Sarf in Lahndahn tomorrow.
Galted, I suggest staying away from the second hand bookshops in Charing Cross Road in the afternoon to avoid a breach of Culture Cup rules.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 25 Mar 2022, 11:07 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Having been oop North earlier this week, I'll been down Sarf in Lahndahn tomorrow.
Galted, I suggest staying away from the second hand bookshops in Charing Cross Road in the afternoon to avoid a breach of Culture Cup rules.

Remarkably, I intend to visit them sometime soon to buy something for my uncle's 70th.  Probably a book.

I shall respect your wishes though and stay away tomorrow.  Good luck with whatever you're after, we'll be thinking of you, especially Galtova.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Mar 2022, 11:15 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Having been oop North earlier this week, I'll been down Sarf in Lahndahn tomorrow.

Remarkably, I intend to visit them sometime soon to buy something for my uncle's 70th.  Probably a book.

I shall respect your wishes though and stay away tomorrow.  Good luck with whatever you're after, we'll be thinking of you, especially Galtova.

I will also be thinking of her, as I browse the erotic fiction section.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 25 Mar 2022, 11:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

I will also be thinking of her, as I browse the erotic fiction section.

Are you sure it's Charing Cross Road and not Soho you're visiting?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Mar 2022, 12:40 pm

I will also avoid London tomorrow.

And will probably not think of Jules or Galtova. Not ruling it out, but unlikely.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Mar 2022, 12:56 pm

I'm somewhere near London Monday/Tuesday, if Thorpe Park is near there.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Mar 2022, 1:19 pm

I'll be in London for a few days in June for work, exact dates not specified. Would be ideal if you could all avoid Liverpool Street Station, Bishopsgate and surrounding environs for the duration.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Mar 2022, 1:42 pm

superflyweight wrote:Would be ideal if you could all avoid Liverpool Street Station

You can say hello to the tramp that noshed off Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Mar 2022, 1:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:Would be ideal if you could all avoid Liverpool Street Station

You can say hello to the tramp that noshed off Galted.

That poor sod was sectioned under the Mental Health Act years ago.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 26 Mar 2022, 4:51 pm

London is very busy. I've never seen so many people in my life. There must be well over a thousand.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 26 Mar 2022, 4:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:London is very busy. I've never seen so many people in my life. There must be well over a thousand.

There's even more than that if you include all the boroughs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 26 Mar 2022, 6:12 pm

And all the Ukrainians.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 26 Mar 2022, 9:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:And all the Ukrainians.
Zelenskyy's autobiography Part 2: No Laughing Matter goes on sale today apparently. You get a free t-shirt if you purchase the book.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Mar 2022, 9:10 am

Fist.
Or possibly a slap if anyone jokes about my wife on live television.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 28 Mar 2022, 9:38 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Fist.
Or possibly a slap if anyone jokes about my wife on live television.

Keep Galtova's name out of your f'ing mouth!

Sicond.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 28 Mar 2022, 9:56 am

Tird. I'm a vessel for love and caring. A river to my people too.

Slap!
Take that you bitch! You asked for it...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Mar 2022, 10:33 am

The annual Oscars cringefest makes the motivational speech in the Office into comfortable viewing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Mar 2022, 10:45 am

Galted wrote:

I'm quite keen on the Titanic exhibition though the organisers did seem a bit cagey on revealing the whereabouts.  Probably because they've heard accounts of my own offspring (see above) on his many visits to the National Maritime Museum and his refusal to obey any suggestions that he keep off the exhibits.

Well I have to report, despite wanted to hate it as it involved heading into London, the Titanic exhibition was rather excellent. Really quite emotional in parts. I'm Northern so didn't cry, but had a lump in my throat a couple of times that wasn't a roasted whippets b*llock.

It is all done via ones smartphone, so you download the app, stick some headphones in and the voice over person relays all the information. Works really well and keeps people moving along instead of waiting for people (normally children and Northerners who are still using phonics) to read all the information. My only minor complaint was some of the voice over was a bit contrived. Along the lines of "I'm sure your feeling emotional right now". Are you? You're sure of that are you? But other than that, quite a fascinating exhibition. The fact it took 2 hours to get around and the 3 kids I was with didn't moan or bicker once is evidence enough. Takes you right through the story from inception, to the building work (the scale of the thing is incredible), the voyage and the aftermath. Right up to modern times when they found the wreck. Had some recordings of when they first found the location. Quite moving stuff.

Absolutely recommend it.

There was one obnoxious bloke there who decided he didn't want to use headphones though so had his phone in front of him really loud. Was fine when the voice over was going as you couldn't hear his phone but when it stopped I could hear his phone which was irritating. Plus he had stupid little glasses on that made him look a bit like Himmler. It got to the point when I kept deliberately standing in front of him to irritate him. I wanted him to say something so I could have stuffed his phone down his throat but he realised I was Northern so thought better of it. He probably assumed I was trying to steal some of the artefacts.

The other thing that annoyed me was work being done on the Northern line. Had to get off at Moorgate, get the City and Hammersmith line to Whitechapel, then get an overground train to Canada Water. Could have done without that sh*t but luckily the exhibition was a cracker.

Topped the day off with a lovely Indian meal at Granary Square.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Mar 2022, 11:00 am

Galted wrote:

I'm quite keen on the Titanic exhibition though the organisers did seem a bit cagey on revealing the whereabouts.  Probably because they've heard accounts of my own offspring (see above) on his many visits to the National Maritime Museum and his refusal to obey any suggestions that he keep off the exhibits.

Well I have to report, despite wanted to hate it as it involved heading into London, the Titanic exhibition was rather excellent. Really quite emotional in parts. I'm Northern so didn't cry, but had a lump in my throat a couple of times that wasn't a roasted whippets b*llock.

It is all done via ones smartphone, so you download the app, stick some headphones in and the voice over person relays all the information. Works really well and keeps people moving along instead of waiting for people (normally children and Northerners who are still using phonics) to read all the information. My only minor complaint was some of the voice over was a bit contrived. Along the lines of "I'm sure your feeling emotional right now". Are you? You're sure of that are you? But other than that, quite a fascinating exhibition. The fact it took 2 hours to get around and the 3 kids I was with didn't moan or bicker once is evidence enough. Takes you right through the story from inception, to the building work (the scale of the thing is incredible), the voyage and the aftermath. Right up to modern times when they found the wreck. Had some recordings of when they first found the location. Quite moving stuff.

Absolutely recommend it.

There was one obnoxious bloke there who decided he didn't want to use headphones though so had his phone in front of him really loud. Was fine when the voice over was going as you couldn't hear his phone but when it stopped I could hear his phone which was irritating. Plus he had stupid little glasses on that made him look a bit like Himmler. It got to the point when I kept deliberately standing in front of him to irritate him. I wanted him to say something so I could have stuffed his phone down his throat but he realised I was Northern so thought better of it. He probably assumed I was trying to steal some of the artefacts.

The other thing that annoyed me was work being done on the Northern line. Had to get off at Moorgate, get the City and Hammersmith line to Whitechapel, then get an overground train to Canada Water. Could have done without that sh*t but luckily the exhibition was a cracker.

Topped the day off with a lovely Indian meal at Granary Square.

Wonderful review, you should post it on the film channel to upset the pedants.  Sounds well worth a visit, clearly not for my kid though but might take him along anyway to destroy any artefacts that have survived a century in the north Atlantic.  My phone is a bit of a c*nt so there might be the odd moment when I say as much while smashing it against a display case.

On a separate but tenuously relevant note, I saw the Mary Rose in Portsmouth some years ago, that was the most impressive martime exhibition I've seen.  I would add non-Greenwich but the National Martime Museum isn't all that if I'm quite honest.  They do have a ship simulator even though it's sh*te.

Not sure why Men of the North insist on using the Northern Line, as though it was constructed purely for them.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Mar 2022, 11:10 am

Galted wrote:

Not sure why Men of the North insist on using the Northern Line, as though it was constructed purely for them.

l*l out loud.

There were so many other ways to get there but I couldn't stay away. I actually felt a small tinge of pride when I realised it wasn't working. I did mutter "c*nts" under my breath when I couldn't get to London Bridge station and I think one of the twins may have heard me but didn't comment on it. I'll get a call from school later when she uses it at her maths teacher.

The other thing I completely forgot in my comprehensive review was they had an ice wall! The same temperature as the North Atlantic was that night. So you had to put your hand up against it and see how long you could leave it there. F*ck me it was cold. I was hoping to push Himmlers face up against it but I'm trying to set a better example to my kids these days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Mar 2022, 12:18 pm

I went to see the Titanic exhibition in the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas, on the day of the 100th anniversary of it sinking. It was pretty impressive.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Mar 2022, 12:31 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I went to see the Titanic exhibition in the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas, on the day of the 100th anniversary of it sinking. It was pretty impressive.

I wish you'd have posted that review before I did. I wouldn't have bothered with mine.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Mar 2022, 1:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I went to see the Titanic exhibition in the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas, on the day of the 100th anniversary of it sinking. It was pretty impressive.

I wish you'd have posted that review before I did. I wouldn't have bothered with mine.

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 29 Mar 2022, 6:56 am

As I get older I am less into old birds. There’s also the realisation that younger birds are filth these days

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 29 Mar 2022, 6:56 am

Fist

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 29 Mar 2022, 8:27 am

seanmichaels wrote:As I get older I am less into old birds. There’s also the realisation that younger birds are filth these days

Sicond.

Yes, different mindsets these days.
Either get your head bitten off or get your head soothed. Hit or miss these days in no uncertain terms. Can't take it personally... it is what it is.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 29 Mar 2022, 8:43 am

Tird.
When you say 'head bitten off'...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next