The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
12 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
alfie wrote:nomenclature

Lovely stuff, alfie. Not a word we see often on here.

Reminds of the time Jeff used 'oeuvre' when describing some j*zz singer.

Although he was being deliberately pompous whereas I suspect yours is accidental pomposity.

F*ck off, Tino, can you not see that I'm already grooming alfie?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:21 pm

king_carlos wrote:That's Joan Armatrading you heathen.

Well, they all look the same.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by king_carlos Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:23 pm

Careful. Some of the golf or political roundup regulars will descend on here pretty quickly with progressive outbursts like that.

We need to whisper about revolution in these parts.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:27 pm

I do miss Truss being more regular in his statistical representation of mental breakdown though. I sometimes catch myself staring into space wondering what the family WhatsApp looks like.

"Am I picking up the kids from school today Luv?

46% yes
27% no
26% undecided
1% invalid ballot

Starmer ran over my cat."

king_carlos

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:09 pm

I'm fairly sure that an infinite amount of posters, using an infinite amount of devices, over an infinite amount of Wednesdays, wouldn't repeat today's conversation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:43 pm

Cheese.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 pm

Pithy mopoke.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:30 pm

5. Civic

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:17 pm

4. Caravaggio

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:19 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:I never drive fast.

Tracy Chapman thinks you're a bit of a c*nt.

I think he's a c**t as well.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:11 am

Working a shift in a pals cafe and witnessed a bloke who must be in his 70s call his friend a "flid" for saying something dumb then subsequently have explain to his wife that it's short for thalidomide baby, then attempt to explain why he finds that a funny insult before getting loudly bollocked like he's a child with the whole cafe able to hear.

Sicond.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:59 am

What a morning I've had. Dropped a fairly innocuous insult over breakfast in a cafe and Mrs Windows went all menstrual at me. The whole cafe was looking. Embarrassing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:31 pm

The mate you insulted was reading a Ben Elton novel too. If anything flid was flattery purely on that basis.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:37 pm

He wasn't really reading it. Had a copy of Readers Wives on his lap.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:02 pm

Reminds me of the joke about the three pregnant women knitting jumpers for their babies. The first mother-to-be takes a pill out of her handbag and swallows it. The other two ask what it was and she says 'vitamin A, I want my kid to grow up big and strong'. The second mother-to-be takes a pill out of her handbag and swallows it. The other two ask what it was and she says 'vitamin B, I want my kid to grow up clever'. The third mother-to-be takes a pill out of her handbag and swallows it. The other two ask what it was and she says 'thalidomide, I can't knit arms'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:27 pm

l*l out loud

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:58 pm

Thanks, Rick. Felt a bit like Jack Whitehall there for awhile.

To show my gratitude, I won't be that furious if Newcastle beat Villa on Saturday.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:02 pm

Both teams in good form, mate, glad we can keep it civil.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:19 pm

Watching it at a Geordie mate's house. First time in possibly decades that neither of us have been dreading the fixture.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:19 am

Fist for me then. And I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't absolutely thrilled.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:34 am

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Ftoggn10

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:11 am

Galted wrote:Watching it at a Geordie mate's house. First time in possibly decades that neither of us have been dreading the fixture.

When you say Geordie mates 'house', you mean the pub right?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:21 am

Galted wrote:Watching it at a Geordie mate's house. First time in possibly decades that neither of us have been dreading the fixture.

When you say Geordie mates 'house', you mean the pub right?

I don't think so, he's highly sophisticated for a Man of the North and does actually live in a house that wasn't built by himself.  Tend to avoid the pub if I can when it comes to football, there's always at least one c*nt who's taken it upon himself to show the rest of the pub how passionate he is about his f*cking team and has to keep running up to the screen oohing and aaghing and crying out for a snooker ball or a pint glass to the face.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:29 am

Sophisticated for a Man of the North just means someone who uses laces rather than velcro.

Agreed on the pub thing. You should go full Carlin next time. Whip your Hi-Tec off, fill your sock with pool balls and smash her in the face with it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:31 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sophisticated for a Man of the North just means someone who uses laces rather than velcro.

Agreed on the pub thing. You should go full Carlin next time. Whip your Hi-Tec off, fill your sock with pool balls and smash her in the face with it.

Haha, unfortunately I'm the type who doesn't do anything about it beyond entertaining a series of SerialDAVE thoughts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:48 pm

Fist

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:46 pm

Fist.

B*llocks.

Sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:59 am

Galted wrote:Fist.

B*llocks.

Sicond.

Sicond.

B*llocks.

Fist

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:38 am

I can take PJ's fist but Super's fist yesterday really hurt me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:24 am

Galted wrote:I can take PJ's fist but Super's fist yesterday really hurt me.

Too big?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:39 am

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:I can take PJ's fist but Super's fist yesterday really hurt me.

Too big?

I simply refuse to use lube.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:57 am

l()l Maybe try using some fish oil next time.

Just took the bins out. Red (general) and yellow (plastic containers, etc).

As I placed them carefully on the correct spot I noticed a shadowy figure coming down the footpath towards me... only about 30m away.
They then stopped. Thought it was an old Chinese lady going for an evening walk who maybe didn't want to say "hello" due to shyness or something.

Fair enough.

Then a flash of light caught my attention as I walked back up the driveway. It was a woman (I couldn't see the face properly) wearing one of those miner's torches on her head... or a torch built into a helmet?

Quite a professional, well-kitted out scavenger! I quickly went back through the house and had a peek through the front window. She was pretty tidy. I saw her look in the other one - the general waste - and quickly close the lid.  Obviously it's not worth collecting used tissues covered in phlegm mixed with potato peelings, decaying onions and slightly rancid inedible meat... even if it's all neatly secured in Glad Tidy Bags.

Do you guys get that sort of thing? It's quite a popular pursuit here.

One old lady rides an even older push bike with two gigantic mountains (bags of plastic bottles) either side. There's no way she can see cars approaching from behind. Something I'd expect to see in Guangzhou or Hanoi... but now it's also happening in Sydney.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:15 pm

Not something I've seen here PJ - although the town I live in is painfully white and middle class and any sightings of anyone poor or from an ethnic background would set off mass panic.

I see Rick has had a 'mare and has posted something meant for here on the Trump Presidency thread.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:17 pm

superflyweight wrote:Not something I've seen here PJ - although the town I live in is painfully white and middle class and any sightings of anyone poor or from an ethnic background would set off mass panic.  

I see Rick has had a 'mare and has posted something meant for here on the Trump Presidency thread.  

I have indeed, thanks for having my back...

Anyway, as I was saying

South spreading North, it'll be F**king cereal cafes next

https://themanc.com/trending/yorkshire-tea-launches-its-own-kombucha-in-two-flavours-but-you-cant-buy-it-yet/

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:21 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Not something I've seen here PJ - although the town I live in is painfully white and middle class and any sightings of anyone poor or from an ethnic background would set off mass panic.  

Anyway, as I was saying

https://themanc.com/trending/yorkshire-tea-launches-its-own-kombucha-in-two-flavours-but-you-cant-buy-it-yet/

I can see how Men of T'North would find that upsetting, even if it is a bit of a snowflake reaction.
But I won't have a word said against cereal cafes - where else can I can a bowl of Frankenberry?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:22 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

Anyway, as I was saying

Just read the article too. So is it like iced tea with a bit of an alcohol punch?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:32 pm

F**ked if I know, Peej, couldn't bring myself to read it, My face turned into a gammon and I blame the 5g covid that are turning the frogs gay, glad we did Brexit so we can stop this type of nonsense at the borders with all the illegals in the free penthouse hotels that they get as a sponsorship to invoke Shania Twain law.

Last edited by rIck_dAgless on Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bollocks this was meant for the Trump thread)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:19 am

Pal Joey wrote:l()l Maybe try using some fish oil next time.

As I placed them carefully on the correct spot I noticed a shadowy figure coming down the footpath towards me... only about 30m away.
They then stopped. Thought it was an old Chinese lady going for an evening walk who maybe didn't want to say "hello" due to shyness or something.

Fair enough.

Then a flash of light caught my attention as I walked back up the driveway. It was a woman (I couldn't see the face properly) wearing one of those miner's torches on her head... or a torch built into a helmet?

Quite a professional, well-kitted out scavenger! I quickly went back through the house and had a peek through the front window. She was pretty tidy. I saw her look in the other one - the general waste - and quickly close the lid.  Obviously it's not worth collecting used tissues covered in phlegm mixed with potato peelings, decaying onions and slightly rancid inedible meat... even if it's all neatly secured in Glad Tidy Bags.

One old lady rides an even older push bike with two gigantic mountains (bags of plastic bottles) either side. There's no way she can see cars approaching from behind. Something I'd expect to see in Guangzhou or Hanoi... but now it's also happening in Sydney.

Had an awkward encounter with a Chinese family at the playground on Sunday.  My son was trying to help their daughter with an impressive sandcastle she was building - she wouldn't let him and was brushing away all the bits he was adding, so he strategically managed to fall on it, demolishing the entire structure.  I prefer to let kids sort out their disagreements unless it turns violent so was pretending not to be aware.  The girl then walked towards me and burst into tears, realised that the people sitting next to me were her parents.  The dad then went and stood next to my son and shouted, in broken English, 'who's child is this?' thus forcing me to trudge through the sandpit in full view of the tattoed mums.  He only came up to my chest but I was a bit worried he might be a triad or one of those Bruce Lee types so I respectfully apologised and pretended I'd had no idea my son had been f*cking up his daughter's afternoon.  He was decent about it and we had a bit of a chat and I took my son to apologise to the girl, only he wouldn't and the mother then got on the case, shouting in even more broken English about how hard her daughter had worked on it.  Told her I didn't need her input and told my son again to apologise but he threw himself backwards over my lap, screaming, and managed to kick me right on the nose.  Had to drag him off to the other sandpit, threatening him on the way that it would be the last time he ever visited the playground if he acted like that again.  He thought the whole thing was hugely funny and proceeded to demolish anything being built in the other sandpit, screaming blue murder when I forcibly removed him from the playground.  Little c*nt thought he deserved an ice-cream after all this, which I had great satisfaction in denying him.

Fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:09 am

Wow, now that's a proper story. It must have been hard for you trying to keep a straight face.

Have a feeling your son may have been looking for hidden cameras, or possibly even hidden microphones, in the sandcastle.

I'd get him an ice cream next time if I were you. A double cone.

But then again, because I'm not you... you'll know what's best to do.

Sicond (chance)

I wasn't Father Bob.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:12 am

I blame the parents.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:54 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I blame the parents.

Galted probably does as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I blame the parents.

Galted probably does as well.

Galted likes this comment.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:01 pm

Hi.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:09 pm

Ho.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:10 pm

It's off to work we go.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:10 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Hi.

This comment made Galted l*l out loud.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:l()l Maybe try using some fish oil next time.

Fair enough.

Had an awkward encounter with a Chinese family at the playground on Sunday.  My son was trying to help their daughter with an impressive sandcastle she was building - she wouldn't let him and was brushing away all the bits he was adding, so he strategically managed to fall on it, demolishing the entire structure.  I prefer to let kids sort out their disagreements unless it turns violent so was pretending not to be aware.  The girl then walked towards me and burst into tears, realised that the people sitting next to me were her parents.  The dad then went and stood next to my son and shouted, in broken English, 'who's child is this?' thus forcing me to trudge through the sandpit in full view of the tattoed mums.  He only came up to my chest but I was a bit worried he might be a triad or one of those Bruce Lee types so I respectfully apologised and pretended I'd had no idea my son had been f*cking up his daughter's afternoon.  He was decent about it and we had a bit of a chat and I took my son to apologise to the girl, only he wouldn't and the mother then got on the case, shouting in even more broken English about how hard her daughter had worked on it.  Told her I didn't need her input and told my son again to apologise but he threw himself backwards over my lap, screaming, and managed to kick me right on the nose.  Had to drag him off to the other sandpit, threatening him on the way that it would be the last time he ever visited the playground if he acted like that again.  He thought the whole thing was hugely funny and proceeded to demolish anything being built in the other sandpit, screaming blue murder when I forcibly removed him from the playground.  Little c*nt thought he deserved an ice-cream after all this, which I had great satisfaction in denying him.

Fist.

Should of bought the ice cream then eat it in front of him. The more effective route of dropping it on the floor would be too much of a waste

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:23 pm

lostinwales wrote:

Should of bought the ice cream then eat it in front of him. The more effective route of dropping it on the floor would be too much of a waste

For the sake of f*ck.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:23 pm

I suspect the mass shooting thread is going to go very sideways very quickly.

How we all doing this fine day?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:28 pm

The only way to stop a bad poster with a keyboard is a good poster with a keyboard.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:37 pm

king_carlos wrote:The only way to stop a bad poster with a keyboard is a good poster with a keyboard.

Good point. You're banned.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next