The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
12 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jan 2023, 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
alfie wrote:nomenclature

Lovely stuff, alfie. Not a word we see often on here.

Reminds of the time Jeff used 'oeuvre' when describing some j*zz singer.

Although he was being deliberately pompous whereas I suspect yours is accidental pomposity.

F*ck off, Tino, can you not see that I'm already grooming alfie?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon 24 Apr 2023, 3:16 pm

Galted wrote:Was at the London Marathon yesterday, son was having a great time high-fiving the runners.  Asked him if he wanted to run the marathon one day and he thought for a bit and said 'no'.  I've never been so proud.

Lived in Charlton for a bit a long time ago. Fully got cut off by the marathon.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 24 Apr 2023, 3:32 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:Was at the London Marathon yesterday, son was having a great time high-fiving the runners.  Asked him if he wanted to run the marathon one day and he thought for a bit and said 'no'.  I've never been so proud.

Lived in Charlton for a bit a long time ago. Fully got cut off by the marathon.

We're not quite cut off but getting around can be a bit slow.  I've been known to get livid about a lack of access to places I'd no intention of visiting.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 25 Apr 2023, 9:52 am

Fist.

Looks like the mass shootings thread is going off on a tangent again, might have to tell everyone about the time I single-shotted a koala and her joey with a recurve bow. Used to love my job as a children's party entertainer.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 25 Apr 2023, 4:06 pm

Good day-o to all.
Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 25 Apr 2023, 4:34 pm

96. That's no age.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 26 Apr 2023, 11:03 am

Hump fist!!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 26 Apr 2023, 12:28 pm

Sloppy sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 26 Apr 2023, 12:33 pm

Turd

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 26 Apr 2023, 12:58 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Turd

Going through the motions.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 26 Apr 2023, 1:32 pm

Like these guys

https://twitter.com/Martyfields/status/1488861541537824768

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Apr 2023, 7:52 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Like these guys

https://twitter.com/Martyfields/status/1488861541537824768

That's what I call a band name.

Fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Apr 2023, 8:58 am

Isn't it just, last time I had an evening like that, I had food poisoning.

Sicond

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Apr 2023, 9:02 am

Pity that Shah and Sean are incarcerated/dead as I suspect there would've been extreme p*ss-taking.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Apr 2023, 10:13 am

I do miss my morning times with Shah hope the dude is still climbing the corporate ladder

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Apr 2023, 11:35 am

Corporate ladder? I thought Shah just busted heads as a security guard? Maybe I missed something when I was dead.

Security guard as a job, Jihad as a hobby.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Apr 2023, 1:47 pm

Lad was doing well, getting into management and shizz

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 27 Apr 2023, 3:30 pm

Maybe he was Jerry Springer's manager... or his head of security perhaps?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Apr 2023, 4:08 pm

Maybe he was promoted to Ayatollah and posted abroad.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Apr 2023, 4:22 pm

Galted wrote:Maybe he was promoted to Ayatollah and posted abroad.

Khomeini times do I have to tell you not to be racist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Apr 2023, 4:43 pm

Allahk being racist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 28 Apr 2023, 9:44 am

Friday Fist!

We got two new kittens last weekend, and, for now, they are living in the home office. They have been a great help during the endless online meetings I have.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 28 Apr 2023, 9:53 am

Sicond.

Great stuff, LiW. Desktop kittens I presume.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 9:59 am

I wish someone would hurry up and invent the cat dealership so I could trade mine in for a new kitten or two. She was cute for a while and then turned into a spiteful, savage little c*nt.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Apr 2023, 10:19 am

Galted wrote:I wish someone would hurry up and invent the cat dealership so I could trade mine in for a new kitten or two.  She was cute for a while and then turned into a spiteful, savage little c*nt.

I blame the owners.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 10:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I wish someone would hurry up and invent the cat dealership so I could trade mine in for a new kitten or two.  She was cute for a while and then turned into a spiteful, savage little c*nt.

I blame the owners.

I disagree, I can see that you are someone who doesn't leave their little echo chamber so can't handle views they disagree with.

Your positions are poorly through out, poorly argued, and you lack the ability to engage with my ideas.

Your only responses are hissy fits, name calling and moral grandstanding.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Apr 2023, 10:33 am

True dat.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Apr 2023, 10:39 am

I've had a few tussles with Duty over the years but have to say he has absolutely demolished Truss on the mass shooting thread. Ref needs to stop the fight.

Although I think Dooty needs to lower his expectations where TBone is concerned. He literally got busted having an argument with himself using an alias. That is the level of Truss's posting.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 10:48 am

Whether you agree with Duty's opinions or not, he's in a class of his own when it comes to debating.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 28 Apr 2023, 10:49 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I've had a few tussles with Duty over the years but have to say he has absolutely demolished Truss on the mass shooting thread. Ref needs to stop the fight.

Although I think Dooty needs to lower his expectations where TBone is concerned. He literally got busted having an argument with himself using an alias. That is the level of Truss's posting.

Was about to post the same. He dug out that survey by hand then buried the fat yank with his own shovel.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 28 Apr 2023, 10:56 am

Duty will read this so... Anyway he's usually bang on about data just questionable about the interpretation. He is also, rarely for this kind of environment, happy to debate them rather than rely on using CAPITALS

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Apr 2023, 10:59 am

lostinwales wrote:Duty will read this so... Anyway he's usually bang on about data just questionable about the interpretation. He is also, rarely for this kind of environment, happy to debate them rather than rely on using CAPITALS

FACT.

But is there not ultimately a sense of futility about winning an argument against a complete stranger on the internet? I mean, what's the point really? Mind you, I think that about life in general so maybe I'm not the right person to comment.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:00 am

I think my cat read my post about cat dealerships. I was just scratching her chin and when she'd had enough, instead of savaging the offending hand she gently pushed my finger away with her paw.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:08 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Duty will read this so... Anyway he's usually bang on about data just questionable about the interpretation. He is also, rarely for this kind of environment, happy to debate them rather than rely on using CAPITALS

FACT.

But is there not ultimately a sense of futility about winning an argument against a complete stranger on the internet? I mean, what's the point really? Mind you, I think that about life in general so maybe I'm not the right person to comment.

I always entertained a misguided hope that the internet would make it impossible to cover up bullsh*t and that the truth would inevitably find its way out, but it just turns out that it makes it easier to find the amount of concurring idiots needed to represent your own opinion as FACT.  Tw*tter is just a goldmine for this, I'll quite often see the same clip of a television debate with supporters of each faction claiming that their representative 'destroyed' the opposition.  I reckon the Americans have the right idea about weapons, it's much easier to have someone paying attention to what you have to say if you're pointing a semi-automatic rifle at their forehead.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:08 am

Galted wrote:I think my cat read my post about cat dealerships.  I was just scratching her chin and when she'd had enough, instead of savaging the offending hand she gently pushed my finger away with her paw.

What a p*ssy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:11 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

FACT.

I always entertained a misguided hope that the internet would make it impossible to cover up bullsh*t and that the truth would inevitably find its way out, but it just turns out that it makes it easier to find the amount of concurring idiots needed to represent your own opinion as FACT.  Tw*tter is just a goldmine for this, I'll quite often see the same clip of a television debate with supporters of each faction claiming that their representative 'destroyed' the opposition.  I reckon the Americans have the right idea about weapons, it's much easier to have someone paying attention to what you have to say if you're pointing a semi-automatic rifle at their forehead.

I'm sure that was an excellent post Galted, but I couldn't be @rsed to read it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

FACT.

Wow, debasing yourself to petty personal attacks. I think you need to leave your echo chamber once in a while.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:23 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

FACT.

Wow, debasing yourself to petty personal attacks. I think you need to leave your echo chamber once in a while.

Yeah, and make the journey into the hall of mirrors for a change.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:28 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

FACT.

Do some shopping in the marketplace of ideas.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:32 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

FACT.

Do some shopping in the marketplace of ideas.

Whilst the thought pond is still undergoing a quick makeover.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 28 Apr 2023, 12:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

FACT.

I disagree. Remember my opinion is as important as your experience.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 12:20 pm

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

FACT.

I think you mean 'lived' experience.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 28 Apr 2023, 2:10 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I've had a few tussles with Duty over the years but have to say he has absolutely demolished Truss on the mass shooting thread. Ref needs to stop the fight.

He is a very strange poster....And 84% of people agree with that...

I sometimes wonder if Truss and KP Fan are the same...They both like using dots...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Apr 2023, 2:12 pm

Galted wrote:I think my cat read my post about cat dealerships.  I was just scratching her chin and when she'd had enough, instead of savaging the offending hand she gently pushed my finger away with her paw.

Did you ever watch Don't F*ck With Cats on Netflix. You'd like it been a cat hater. Good chance the main character was SerialDAVE.

I mistyped it and put F*ck with cats into Google. It was an eye opener. I'll never get those hours back.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 28 Apr 2023, 2:30 pm

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

FACT.

I think you mean 'liveid' experience.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Apr 2023, 2:45 pm

Speaking of livid experiences, I commented a while back on how expensive crisps are. Thought I'd treat myself to a bag of McCoys today seeing as it's payday, f*cking £1.20 in the Co-op! Was absolutely flabbergasted.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 29 Apr 2023, 10:02 am

Be careful what you wish for , Galted. I am currently blessed with two kittens : both are cute and adorable , but :

One has developed a habit of leaping onto my leg , arm or upper body without warning and immediately clinging on with her (impressively sharp) claws. No malice intended of course - and good exercise for her. But light clothing is insufficient defence and I am running out of band-aids.

The other has a particular interest in climbing onto the keyboard of this device. The other day she hit "delete" just in time to destroy a lengthy (and carefully composed) post on this very site - thereby undoing twenty minutes work and depriving the rest of you of some undoubtedly brilliant insights Smile

Has also attempted to access various addresses of her own choosing. Unsuccessful so far : both "n1111*66666666y!" and "111555....yCH7" produced the reaction of "Site not found" from the server. But I live in fear that one day she will accidentally log me on to some Dark Web Porn site and invite prosecution by the authorities...

Demands for breakfast at 5.30 am are just a minor issue.

alfie

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 29 Apr 2023, 11:57 am

alfie wrote:

Be careful what you wish for , Galted.   I am currently blessed with two kittens : both are cute and adorable , but :

One has developed a habit of leaping onto my leg , arm or upper body without warning and immediately clinging on with her (impressively  sharp) claws. No malice intended of course - and good exercise for her. But light clothing is insufficient defence and I am running out of band-aids.

The other has a particular interest in climbing onto the keyboard of this device. The other day she hit "delete" just in time to destroy a lengthy (and carefully composed) post on this very site - thereby undoing twenty minutes work and depriving the rest of you of some undoubtedly brilliant insights Smile

Has also attempted to access various addresses of her own choosing. Unsuccessful so far : both "n1111*66666666y!" and "111555....yCH7" produced the reaction of "Site not found" from the server. But I live in fear that one day she will accidentally log me on to some Dark Web Porn site and invite prosecution by the authorities...

Demands for breakfast at 5.30 am are just a minor issue.

I would imagine that Melbourne-based kittens have a row of barbed spines along their backs and inject enough venom with each bite to kill 10,000 Aboriginals.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 02 May 2023, 9:54 am

Takin' care of fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 02 May 2023, 11:35 am

Sicond, a colleague is in Melbourne (I don't know him personally) and always posts facts about the city he is in on L**kedin.

Melbourne
Where the major streets are all 99 ft wide
Where the airline black box was invented
Home of the worlds largest tram system

I assume all these to be true

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 02 May 2023, 12:50 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Sicond, a colleague is in Melbourne (I don't know him personally) and always posts facts about the city he is in on L**kedin.

Melbourne
Where the major streets are all 99 ft wide
Where the airline black box was invented
Home of the worlds largest tram system

I assume all these to be true

Probably true... I'm familiar with the wide streets but not sure about the others.

I'm going down to Alfieland in a couple of weeks for a footy match (Carlton-Collingwood) and to catch up with an old friend... who's done quite well for herself. I'll ask about these claims, rIck, and report back to you.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next